Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#3586 - Khimaira Friesians

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
    Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

First design from my previous competition!
    Thanks Kurokawa for the suggestion. c:

Father: Foundation
    Mother: Foundation
    Owner: Vivalandar
    Show Name: Akurai Sora
    Barn Name: Mosaic
    Height: 17 hh
    Color: Standard Flaxen Chestnut Brindle Manchado + Birdcatcher Spots
    Genetics: ee aa ff +Brindle, Manchado, BC Spots
    Breeding Info:
    • Dominant for recessive Flaxen; will express if bred to another Flaxen carrier.
    • Brindle passes at 30%.
    • Manchado passes at 30%.
    • Birdcatcher Spots pass at 40%.
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #3586 - Khimaira Friesians

Postby ElizaChikatta » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am

Username: ElizaChikatta
Show Name: Snow Dusted Hunt
Barn Name: Tora
Primary Halter: Purple
Secondary Halter: Dark Brown
Jewel Color: Eye Color please~ :3
Relationship: With Ashes Smoldering In The Sun | "Sól"
WIP
I'm a Snake!
Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.

~Horseback rider since the age of 5, and current polo player~
Have Discord? Want to Roleplay? Feel free to pm me!
My Characters
Equestrian’s Struggle
Pronouns: She/Her
ImageImageImage
ElizaChikatta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:51 am

Username: Ringo.
Show Name: The Ravenclaw Witch
Barn Name: Luna Lovegood
Primary Halter: #0e1a40
Secondary Halter: #5d5d5d
Jewel Color: #946b2d
Relationship: wipp
relationship with Chronicle
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legolas the elf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:03 am

Username: lucifer morningstar.
Show Name: tiger of hell
Barn Name: matau
Primary Halter: velvet red
Secondary Halter: gold
Jewel Color: eye color
Relationship:
avenger and matau are very good friends. at first, the khims did express friendship towards each other, but they weren't close. however, avenger tried to grow closer to matau, and the mare eventually accepted his moves on her. over time, the two became closer and closer until they were practically inseparable. despite this, however, matau's personality affects their friendship. for example, if avenger and matau start fighting or arguing, and matau loses, she will turn a cold shoulder towards avenger. this behavior usually lasts from two days to an entire month sometimes. avenger, however, is bloody brilliant when it comes to working around matau, and he will sometimes leave her gifts in an attempt to draw her back to their friendship, or will ignore her, if that is what she wishes.
Last edited by legolas the elf on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:58 am

mark
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivalandar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 am

Username: Vivalandar
Show Name: Akurai Sora (Japanese for 'light sky')
Primary Halter: Maroon
Secondary Halter: Gold
Jewel Color: Eye color
Relationship:
Rambling Rose || Raphael

Mosaic and Raphael have known each other since they were very young, with Raph being only a couple months older. They were first introduced to each other when Mosaic was calmly dozing by her mother when she heard a thundering of hooves coming from her left. She perked up, only to see a large gray and orange horse speeding right towards her. Mosaic squealed and dived out of the way just in time, falling into the muddy grass. She glared at the other foal, who sheepishly trotted away, knowing he may or may not be pummeled by Mosaic's mother if he didn't hurry away. As much as Mosaic was annoyed by the foals arrogance, she admired his pride and confidence. Her herself was very shy and dainty, and didn't have many play mates due to her lack of social skills. Raphael, however, was friends with almost everyone in the pasture, and I always aimed to keep it that way. With this being on of Mosaic's first interactions with someone, she strived to try and make Raph and herself close friends.

It started with small hellos and goodbye's, eventually developing into playing for hours and hours, from dusk till dawn. After that, they became inseparable. You could always see them grazing together or nipping at each others withers as the pranced around, blissful and euphoric they found someone who they could be with for years to come.
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

███████████████
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██████
hi! i'm Viva
~used to be sketchingdraons~
dont be afraid to PM me!
━━━━━
CDHFK
UUAcred
━━━━━━
Vivalandar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireWolf52 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:52 am

Username: FireWolf52
Show Name: Desert’s Mirage
Barn Name: Mira
Primary Halter: Silver
Secondary Halter: Black
Jewel Color: Gold
Relationship:
Storm’s Desire | “Tempest”
Mira and Tempest were from feuding families, one based in the dry, desolate lands of the desert and the other places in the forest surrounding the sands. It is said that the herds were once one, and some of the horses had peers to control the rain and others the sun. Under constant good weather the ancient horses were prosperous, but it was not meant to be. The Stormbearers were power-hungry, and they took away the rain to attempt to drive the Sunbearers out. Unable to fight back the ancient herd split, for it was impossible for both powers to work at the same time if not in tandem. The lead stallion of the Stormbearers was cruel and brutal, and he turned the lakeside the Sunbearers has settled in into a desert. Thousands of years later the descendants still lived separated by the divide, even though the powers had long since dried up in both bloodlines. Tempest was tasked with patrolling the border when she was three, the same time Mira was tasked to patrol the same border at the same time. The two met each other there, both alone, and both young and curious. They had never met another horse from the opposite herd, And had always heard stories of the cruelty the others possessed. But when they stood eye to eye, one mare born of sand and the other of cloud, they both saw that neither was what they were told they were. Tempest suggested meeting Mira again in secret, and so they did, and one by one the days went by, and there was not a night that the two didn’t sneak away from their herd to be with each other. They race around the desert sand and weave through the thick laced forests. They both dream of eventually uniting the two herds, but without the ability to bring rain back to the deserted lands, it might be impossible. Unless of course, there’s more to both of them than it seems....

I hope you like this, it was fun to write! Good luck everyone!!! :3

Going through a rough time right now, trying to stay active in trades but I might answer slowly, I apologize!

My Fayrian Kelpies
My Khimaira Friesians
My Cupido Drafts
My Ferox Welsh Ponies
My Yukon Drafts

"You could rattle the stars, you could do anything if only you dared."

Ravenclaw ~ Aries ~ Animal-Lover ~ Breyer Horses
FireWolf52

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:49 am

Vivalandar wrote:
    Relationship:
    Rambling Rose || Raphael

Mosaic and Raphael have known each other since they were very young, with Raph being only a couple months older. They were first introduced to each other when Mosaic was calmly dozing by her mother when she heard a thundering of hooves coming from her left. She perked up, only to see a large gray and orange horse speeding right towards her. Mosaic squealed and dived out of the way just in time, falling into the muddy grass. She glared at the other foal, who sheepishly trotted away, knowing he may or may not be pummeled by Mosaic's mother if he didn't hurry away. As much as Mosaic was annoyed by the foals arrogance, she admired his pride and confidence. Her herself was very shy and dainty, and didn't have many play mates due to her lack of social skills. Raphael, however, was friends with almost everyone in the pasture, and I always aimed to keep it that way. With this being on of Mosaic's first interactions with someone, she strived to try and make Raph and herself close friends.

It started with small hellos and goodbye's, eventually developing into playing for hours and hours, from dusk till dawn. After that, they became inseparable. You could always see them grazing together or nipping at each others withers as the pranced around, blissful and euphoric they found someone who they could be with for years to come.

Congrats, Viva!
    I really liked reading about their opposing personalities. c;

FireWolf, I also enjoyed your take on things.
    Secret relations are always fun, and magic!
    I'd like to offer you a runner up Khim; I'll send you a message shortly. c;
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivalandar » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:32 am

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Vivalandar wrote:
    Relationship:
    Rambling Rose || Raphael

Congrats, Viva!
    I really liked reading about their opposing personalities. c;

FireWolf, I also enjoyed your take on things.
    Secret relations are always fun, and magic!
    I'd like to offer you a runner up Khim; I'll send you a message shortly. c;

Thank you so much! I enjoyed writing it :)
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

███████████████
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██████
hi! i'm Viva
~used to be sketchingdraons~
dont be afraid to PM me!
━━━━━
CDHFK