Based on Click to view
Artist sapphirespirit [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: Smoky Sable Dun Champagne

Postby sapphirespirit » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Okay, this girl is finished, will go for a few days/pages, and there will be runner ups, with edits/tack of their own.
To win her or one of her comrades, fill out the form below,you can add anything you'd like, but everything listed must be filled out.
So, what's her story? Her tack seems old and worn, tattered by time-the flowers in her mane/tail are wilted and dead or dying, so that begs the question-
What happened with this mare and her band of companions wearing this odd medieval tack?
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]Mare
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]Friesian sporthorse  X TWH
[b]Color:[/b]Smoky Sable dun champagne
[b]Story:[/b]](100 word minimum, no max)
[b]Extra:[/b] (Acceptable extras included art pieces, songs/lyrics, poems, etc. if unsure PM me)
[b]LINK me to something she or her tack remind you of:[/b]
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Work in progress

Postby UnicornTamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Username: UnicornTamer
Show Name: Let the Stars Fall Down
Barn Name: Forsong
Breed: Friesian sporthorse X TWH
Color: Smoky Sable dun champagne
Story: There was a local legend surrounding Unicorn Wishers Ranch of a unicorn that used to live in the forest where the ranch now stands. When I had bought the property some years ago, most of the trees had already been cut down, except for some huge, twisting willows in the far southern corner of the land. When I heard of the legend, I decided to name the ranch after the unicorn, though if it even ever existed, it must have been long-gone by then.

The part of the property with the ancient willows was an ideal place for the field for the horses to graze as the land is mostly flat and a little creek flows into property from the grove. I noticed that my horses liked congregating by the willows, and would never drink from the trough I set up in the field, but would rather quench their thirst in the creek, when it was running. Stormness, one of my Friesian stallions, especially liked hanging out by the grove. At first, I thought nothing of it. That is, until I noticed how robust and healthy all my horses became after I moved into the property. While my other ranching friends were always complaining about how one of their horses had colic or a strange rash or sprained their legs yet again, very few of my own horses actually came down with anything or had any accidents. I puzzled over this for a long time. I tried to take care of my animals as well as I could, but I knew from the horses I had before moving to Unicorn Wishers Ranch that never had they been so healthy.

One day, I was out in the field with Divinity, about to take her back to her stable. I had just buckled on her halter, when she lifted her head, eyes wide, ears pricked. Her whole body tensed. I ran a hand down her neck and clucked to her, but she ignored me. I looked to see what had caught her attention. She was staring at the willow grove, but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. We both watched the trees for a long moment. Then I saw something flash between the trunks, something white and blue. Another moment, and then, as though watching a dream, between the hanging tendrils of the willow leaves, I saw it.

It was just a moment, a moment in time, when everything stopped. There was no sound, no time, nothing happened at all, except a tall, cream-colored creature with a silver horn stepping carefully through the grove to the creek. Blue and silver drapings covered its body, roses covered its hair and a strange light surrounded it. It knelt beside the water, touched it once with its horn, and then stood. It slowly turned its head and locked eyes with me. Suddenly, I became acutely aware of my breathing. It sounded unbearably loud in my ears. I blinked. The grove was dark and empty. I turned to Divinity. She was staring off at the fence, eyes half-closed, mouth slack. She looked bored. I led her out of the field, looking back at the willows once more.

When I returned to the stables, the creature I had seen felt nothing more than a daydream. The sunlight must have penetrated the willows and made the grove look other-worldly, and my imagination got away from me. Nothing more. I put Divinity away. When I came back out, Timothy was waiting for me. "Hey, a woman is here with a horse and wants to talk to you," he said. I nodded and went to the gate, wondering what this could be about. A middle-aged woman stood outside with a mare in tattered medieval tack. She looked like a rancher, but I had never seen her before. I thought I knew all the ranchers in these parts. I opened the gate.

"Hello and welcome to Unicorn Wishers Ranch. How may I help you?"

"Ah, yes," she began. She didn't look at me, but rather at the mare. "I believe this is yours."

I started. "Um, no." I examined the mare more closely. She looked a little like Genya with dark hair, but I could tell this horse had even better breeding than him. There was a highly intelligent gleam in her eyes and she stood like a queen next to the woman. The only thing that spoiled the effect was the tattered tack that made her look like she had just come out of a Renaissance Fair gone wrong. Even the roses in her mane and tail were wilted or dead. I noticed her elaborate bridle/head piece bore a long silver horn. I stared at it, then shook my head. "No, she's not mine."

The woman looked at me like I was crazy. "Really? Then what's this?" She pointed to a corner of the ripped blue fabric. I walked around to the side and stared. Embroidered into the cloth were the words "Unicorn Wishers Ranch." Even the unicorn-head logo was stitched below it. I couldn't form any words and just stared. "I found her wandering down the road a ways back and figured she must have escaped. Looks like she had quite the adventure."

I felt my mouth open automatically. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I felt the woman place the reins in my hand and heard her walk away. After a long time, I finally straightened and led the mare into the ranch. I took off her tack, groomed her and found her a place in my stables. I didn't get rid of her worn-out tack, but washed it and stored it away, but not before going over it to untangle all the willow leaves from it. Those trees must have been a lot more prickly than I thought.

Whenever people ask me if I think that the legend of the unicorn is real, I think of my mare Forsong and smile, but I can't tell them anything for sure.

Extra:
A little somthin' I drew . . .

LINK me to something she or her tack remind you of: xXx
Last edited by UnicornTamer on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
UnicornTamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Smoky Sable Dun Champagne

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Username: rescue2001
Show Name: A Beauty Beyond No Other
Barn Name: mystic
Breed:Friesian sporthorse X TWH
Color:Smoky Sable dun champagne
Story:/[b]
[b]Extra:

LINK me to something she or her tack remind you of:
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 am

Username: Chaotic_Affection
Show Name: PV Dragon slayer
Barn Name: Geo
Breed:Friesian sporthorse X TWH
Color:Smoky Sable dun champagne
Story: St. George travelled for months by land and sea until he came to Libya. Where he met a poor man who told him that everyone in that land was in distress, a dragon had long ravaged the country.
"Every day," said the old man, "He demands the sacrifice of a beautiful maiden and now all the young girls have been killed. The king's daughter alone remains, and unless we can find a knight who can slay the dragon she will be sacrificed tomorrow. The king of Egypt will give his daughter in marriage to the champion who overcomes this terrible monster."
When St. George heard this story, he was determined to try and save the princess, so he rested that night in the man's hut, and at daybreak set out to the valley where the dragon lived. When he drew near he saw a beautiful girl dressed in pure Arabian silk. The princess Sabra was being led by her attendants to the place of death. The knight spurred his horse and overtook the ladies. He comforted them with brave words and persuaded the princess to return to the palace. Then he entered the valley.
As soon as the dragon saw him it rushed from its cave, roaring with a sound louder than thunder. Its head was immense and its tail fifty feet long. But St. George was not afraid. He struck the monster with his spear, hoping he would wound it.The dragon's scales were so hard that the spear broke into a thousand pieces. and St. George fell from his horse. Fortunately he rolled under an enchanted orange tree against which poison could not prevail, so that the venomous dragon was unable to hurt him. Within a few minutes he had recovered his strength and was able to fight again.
He smote the beast with his sword, but the dragon poured poison on him and his armour split in two. Once more he refreshed himself from the orange tree and then, with his sword in his hand, he rushed at the dragon and pierced it under the wing where there were no scales, so that it fell dead at his feet.
Extra: Wip ♡
LINK me to something she or her tack remind you of: Yeet.
Other: I got carried away with the story... Anyway, she was the horse. Also, the marking on her rear had a dragon like appearance which inspired the story. Hope you like it!

Last edited by Chaotic_Affection on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 am

Will take forms until Feb 12,2019
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Work in progress

Postby sapphirespirit » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:31 am

UnicornTamer wrote:Username: UnicornTamer
Show Name: Let the Stars Fall Down
Barn Name: Forsong
Breed: Friesian sporthorse X TWH
Color: Smoky Sable dun champagne
Story: There was a local legend surrounding Unicorn Wishers Ranch of a unicorn that used to live in the forest where the ranch now stands. When I had bought the property some years ago, most of the trees had already been cut down, except for some huge, twisting willows in the far southern corner of the land. When I heard of the legend, I decided to name the ranch after the unicorn, though if it even ever existed, it must have been long-gone by then.

The part of the property with the ancient willows was an ideal place for the field for the horses to graze as the land is mostly flat and a little creek flows into property from the grove. I noticed that my horses liked congregating by the willows, and would never drink from the trough I set up in the field, but would rather quench their thirst in the creek, when it was running. Stormness, one of my Friesian stallions, especially liked hanging out by the grove. At first, I thought nothing of it. That is, until I noticed how robust and healthy all my horses became after I moved into the property. While my other ranching friends were always complaining about how one of their horses had colic or a strange rash or sprained their legs yet again, very few of my own horses actually came down with anything or had any accidents. I puzzled over this for a long time. I tried to take care of my animals as well as I could, but I knew from the horses I had before moving to Unicorn Wishers Ranch that never had they been so healthy.

One day, I was out in the field with Divinity, about to take her back to her stable. I had just buckled on her halter, when she lifted her head, eyes wide, ears pricked. Her whole body tensed. I ran a hand down her neck and clucked to her, but she ignored me. I looked to see what had caught her attention. She was staring at the willow grove, but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. We both watched the trees for a long moment. Then I saw something flash between the trunks, something white and blue. Another moment, and then, as though watching a dream, between the hanging tendrils of the willow leaves, I saw it.

It was just a moment, a moment in time, when everything stopped. There was no sound, no time, nothing happened at all, except a tall, cream-colored creature with a silver horn stepping carefully through the grove to the creek. Blue and silver drapings covered its body, roses covered its hair and a strange light surrounded it. It knelt beside the water, touched it once with its horn, and then stood. It slowly turned its head and locked eyes with me. Suddenly, I became acutely aware of my breathing. It sounded unbearably loud in my ears. I blinked. The grove was dark and empty. I turned to Divinity. She was staring off at the fence, eyes half-closed, mouth slack. She looked bored. I led her out of the field, looking back at the willows once more.

When I returned to the stables, the creature I had seen felt nothing more than a daydream. The sunlight must have penetrated the willows and made the grove look other-worldly, and my imagination got away from me. Nothing more. I put Divinity away. When I came back out, Timothy was waiting for me. "Hey, a woman is here with a horse and wants to talk to you," he said. I nodded and went to the gate, wondering what this could be about. A middle-aged woman stood outside with a mare in tattered medieval tack. She looked like a rancher, but I had never seen her before. I thought I knew all the ranchers in these parts. I opened the gate.

"Hello and welcome to Unicorn Wishers Ranch. How may I help you?"

"Ah, yes," she began. She didn't look at me, but rather at the mare. "I believe this is yours."

I started. "Um, no." I examined the mare more closely. She looked a little like Genya with dark hair, but I could tell this horse had even better breeding than him. There was a highly intelligent gleam in her eyes and she stood like a queen next to the woman. The only thing that spoiled the effect was the tattered tack that made her look like she had just come out of a Renaissance Fair gone wrong. Even the roses in her mane and tail were wilted or dead. I noticed her elaborate bridle/head piece bore a long silver horn. I stared at it, then shook my head. "No, she's not mine."

The woman looked at me like I was crazy. "Really? Then what's this?" She pointed to a corner of the ripped blue fabric. I walked around to the side and stared. Embroidered into the cloth were the words "Unicorn Wishers Ranch." Even the unicorn-head logo was stitched below it. I couldn't form any words and just stared. "I found her wandering down the road a ways back and figured she must have escaped. Looks like she had quite the adventure."

I felt my mouth open automatically. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

I felt the woman place the reins in my hand and heard her walk away. After a long time, I finally straightened and led the mare into the ranch. I took off her tack, groomed her and found her a place in my stables. I didn't get rid of her worn-out tack, but washed it and stored it away, but not before going over it to untangle all the willow leaves from it. Those trees must have been a lot more prickly than I thought.

Whenever people ask me if I think that the legend of the unicorn is real, I think of my mare Forsong and smile, but I can't tell them anything for sure.

Extra:
A little somthin' I drew . . .

LINK me to something she or her tack remind you of: xXx
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups