Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

viscet #2470

Postby _Alex_ » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:34 pm

owner ;; Limuma
    name ;; Nikita
    gender ;; Female
    owned as of ;; jun 16, 18
Last edited by _Alex_ on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: viscet #2470

Postby padaleckii » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm

mark ^-^

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

mork
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nikita's Flowers

Postby LimeThing » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:44 am

Username; Limuma ||| Name; Nikita ||| Gender; Female ||| wrote:
History
(1000/1000)
"Is this really necessary?"
"Yes. Trust me. I'm always delighted to hear your story anyway."
"Ok, fine. So I guess I'll start from a beginning then..."

xxxxxxAs an egg, I was found Laying in the bushes on the edge of the forest. That's how much I deciphered during my years with humankind. A little boy, whose smile I'll never forget, took me to his home. My name, Nikita, I got from him. With opened arms, he carried me all the way through the fields to take me to a warmer place. It was winter, and every day he stood by, silently, patiently, checking for cracks on a colorful egg clattered with all kinds of pillows. He might have been small, but he was so intelligent. The first crack appeared on the first day of spring. A few minutes later, another one showed its lines. And so on, he observed every little sound the shell made, his heart bumping out of his chest how excited he was. That was the first thing I ever heard. A bumping heart, that lucky I was. He helped me free myself from the tiny space my egg was, calling two other humans to witness this event. I was nothing special and nor was that, but the look in his eyes flooded my tiny body with feelings. I felt so loved. My early years I spent playing with him in the garden. I may was a pet, but I felt so free. I heard a lot of stories, so let me tell you something. It's not about the freedom of responsibilities, stress, rules. Freedom is not just a wind in your fur and an open road before your feet. It's not something you ran to catch, always seemingly out of reach. It's something you embrace. It's knowing you're loved by even one other being on this planet, totally and unexceptionally for who you are. Then, nothing else can stand in your way to feel free. I was free, and my spirit was peaceful.
xxxxxxBut a day would come when all of that would end. It was rather expected, being aware of the fact nothing lasts forever. But it was even worse than I could possibly think of. It all started one faithful, yet ordinary day. He just came from school and bought some new toys to play with me. I've grown quite a bit since that spring, but my calm, playful temper stood the same. As we went to play, all excited as visclings usually are, I made a mistake. It was an accident, but everyone ceased to understand my attempts at communication. I was proclaimed dangerous. No longer was I allowed to play with anyone. People feared me. But he never did. He watched me from the window of his room, always in tears. Some other humans came and took me away from him. The sadness filled my heart that night, and never was I able to feel as free as I once was. They took me to what I later found out was called a zoo. I was alone in my enclosure, or maybe that's just how I felt. I lost all count of time and self-worth. This was my punishment. Why wasn't I more careful? None of this would have happened. I tore myself from the inside with the regrets of the actions I couldn't influence anymore. I felt like all was lost. Even hope that I might see him one day disappeared a long time ago. I spent weeks, months, years even; I couldn't tell. They finally noticed something was wrong with me and decided to release me into the wilderness.
xxxxxxI met some delightful viscets out there, but none really caught my attention enough so I'd remember their name. You'd think it was a relief to finally talk to someone of your language, but I didn't feel understood. The boy would always manage to somehow translate my words in some weird way. The constant memories and mourning of somethings that were lost stood as barricade to making any new relationships. I heard them tell stories of an island filled with visctes, and only viscets. It was said the island was small but rather close to these lands, and somehow humans still didn't manage to find it. Some argued and doubted, nights ending in fights. I took a chance. I wasn't afraid, I had nothing to lose. From the materials I could find and knowledge I had I tried making a raft and be the first one that ever actually go look for it. They said I was crazy, they said it was a suicide mission. I knew what the risks were. The next morning I packed my bags and left the tribe.
xxxxxxI floated for quite a while. I didn't know where I was heading, I just left the wind to be my helmsman. The storm formed one night and I was left stranded on the sandy beaches. At first, I thought I was back where I started, cursing the wind for such an ending. But the truth surfaced fast. On my complete surprise, I actually made it. I was there, walking on the lands of Ashmore. It took me quite a while, but I finally made peace with my past. Maybe not completely, as I'm sure I never will, but enough to be able to move on. I spent my days there visiting zoos and parks, feeding and playing with animals I'm allowed to. The guards of the zoo greet me with a smile, and I always reply just as silently. I sit on a bench not interested in anything else than my thoughts and those animals. I knew how it felt to be all alone, expect someone to visit but they never came, You're not angry at them, you're angry at yourself for not doing more. But sometimes I feel like I'm doing this for myself rather than them.xxxxxx

Chapter One - The Most Beautiful Rose
(1500/1500)

xxxxxxThe Sun peeked through a small window of viscet's flat. Another day, another beautiful chance. Nikita's days might have turned into a rather monotone routine, but somehow, she lacked the sense to acknowledge that. She got ready, brushed her fur, sorted her mane. Grabbing already prepared backpack she always carried everywhere with her, she left her apartment and set her path to the park. The little white rucksack was dappled with variously colored flowers; Among all, roses, her favorite. They weren't anything special, in fact, most found this thorn flowers delighting. But to her, they meant something special as they reminded her of her past. In it, she carried various food for her little friends, some dried bread, nuts, salad and what not. And a bottle of water, just in case. As she walked she'd take in the smells and sounds of an urban surrounding. The city was not the cleanest of them all, but that just made her enjoy its parks a whole lot better. Every day she'd sit on a one bench next to the lake in a shade of a great oak tree. If it was taken, she'd take a walk around the park until it was free to avoid longer interactions. She was never feeling up to it.
xxxxxxBut today it was a little different. Walking through the park she noticed the reality itself seemed altered. The flowers smelled a bit stronger, the birdsong was a bit more intense. The animals just seemed to be bursting with joy and energy on this day. It made her feel weird, but she decided to accredit it to luck. She reached her bench and instead of someone sitting on it, something was. A flower. A daisy. They were quite common in this park, and this one seemed freshly picked. A secret admirer, perhaps, she thought. She only talked to few viscets since she arrived here and none of them came out as someones who would actually give her a gift like this. It was someone who saw her, observed her, and she never met. She took a deep breath to sense weak yet representative small of a white flower. She raised her head and looked around hoping she would see anyone who may have done this noble deed; Nobody was to show their face to her sight. She put it in her backpack and placed the stem in the water bottle so it wouldn't dry. This was the first gift any viscet gave her. Maybe it wasn't intended for her, but with all other weird things that happened today, she decided to believe someone might just want to get to know her. She fed the swans and ducks in the lake, played with squirrels and visited her other points before backing up to her apartment. She'll look for the anonymous viscet tomorrow.
xxxxxxNext day she rushed to the park, excited to see how will the future go. She reached the bench once again to find something laying on it. Carefully placed yellow saffron. That was weird, she didn't think saffrons bloomed in this time of year. Even if they did, the only part of the park they bloomed was where all the other spring flowers were, on the other side of the park. Whoever this was it warmed her heart to know they woke up so early and walked a distance just to bring her a flower. She spent her day in the park, asking some viscets for which she knew spent time here regularly if they saw anyone in the morning carrying a flower to the lake. Nobody saw no one, and what was even weirder, everyone got confused when she said a saffron. They didn't bloom anymore, there were not any saffrons in this park. She paid a visit to the zoo that afternoon, mysterious gifter constantly on her mind. Who could it be? She returned to her flat, dropped her bag on the chair and threw herself on the bed. As she got comfortable she sighed, thinking and looking in the emptiness of the room. It was small, it was on a higher floor, and it was quite dark all the time. But she liked it that way. It felt so calming just looking at the plain white walls. The vase on a little tea-table caught her attention. The daisy was relaxing in it. She got up and brought her a friend, the yellow saffron. She sat down and looked at this scene. The two plants filled her with happiness. She looked at the backpack lying next to the table and realized something. She couldn't believe it at first, but it was more than obvious. The daisy and a yellow saffron- they were the two first flowers in the pattern of her rucksack.
xxxxxxThe next in the swatch was a lilac. They didn't grow anywhere in the city, and the last lilac tree from the park was removed earlier this year due to its age. There was no way of getting a freshly picked purple flower and yet, upon arriving at the spot, the freshest lilac rested on the bench, letting its beautiful intensive smell fill Nikita's lungs. She picked it up and determined her goal. She has to find whoever is doing this and how they do it. She checked all the flower shops and stores for the ones that still have saffrons and lilacs, circling them on her map. There weren't many, and none of the florists seemed surprised when she came to the door, so she freed them of guilt. Other suspects were workers at a park, regular visitors, people from her building and generally every viscet she met on the street. She opened up, she stood out and talked to other viscets to find any information she could use. But the more she searched, the blurrier things became. The list was getting shorter and she still hasn't acquired anything useful at all. The pattern was as follows: daisy, saffron, lilac, marigold, windflower, magnolia, pansy, orchid and, in the end, the most beautiful rose. That day she found an orchid painted yellow and purple. It was the exact same replica as the one she had on her backpack, to the tiniest detail. Tomorrow, she'll receive her last flower. She couldn't let the admirer out of her grasp so easily without even saying thank you. She was going to meet him, and she got an idea how.
xxxxxxIncluding everything like usual, she added a few books and a pillow to her rucksack that evening. If they won't come to her, she'll come to them. She decided to spend that night in the park. She climbed the old oak tree, finding a comfortable position with a view of the bench, setting her pillow and opening the first book from her collection. She loved reading but didn't do it all that much recently. She was happy she finally got a chance to read them and her heart was beating out of her chest from the excitement to finally meet this mysterious viscet. The morning Sun turned up on the horizon as she just finished the final page of her last book. She turned her attention to the bench, completely unaware of the wildlife around her. It seemed like an eternity watching the bench, nothing happening. Until she noticed something odd. A little bud started raising up from the short, rich park grass. It grew bigger and bigger, leaves and thorns forming as it did. It flourished in the richest, most magnificent red rose she had ever seen, within seconds. She leaned closer and closer, keeping quiet in disbelief; But in great awe. The excitement pulled her closer until her paw slipped and she fell head-first to the ground. It was rather soft due to flowers and bushes underneath it. She glanced at the flower. It stopped growing. She rushed to it, not knowing what to do. She wanted it to grow, she wanted to have it. She wanted to meet anyone who'd bring it to her, but instead, the story just got enveloped in kind of mystery she couldn't understand.
xxxxxxShe reached for the flower but froze in place. Should she pick it up? She decided to wait for a little bit, expecting someone to show up. She sat on the bench not taking her look off the magical flower. It truly was one glorious rose. A few moments later it continued growing. And when it was done, it picked up. It was like something invisible took the flower and brought it in front of her. She was afraid, but after all she had done, she took it. As she reached for it, she felt the fur under her paws instead of a thorny stalk. It indeed was somebody else's hand, a someviscet's paw to be exact. The moment she touched it, a figure revealed itself to her sight. It was a grey-coated viscet with brown antlers, holding the most beautiful rose in his paws.

Chapter Two - In Memory of a Perfect Life
(1000/1000)

"No, this can't be possible."
His voice dropped lower and his face got serious. This wasn't quite how I imagined our first interaction to play out. But here I was, holding a rose of such a majestic smell that even the smallest sense calmed my body. His words flew with the air, silent. I was shaken from all that happened nonetheless, he appearing like that and freaking out apparently, but I couldn't move a muscle. I haven't felt like this for a long time. He finally noticed my ignorance and snapped me of my daydream.
"You shouldn't be able to see me. You shouldn't see ghosts."
That word woke her senses. Ghosts? What is he talking about? Is he a... She dropped the rose unconsciously. She started to call on the events that happened last week. Every moment she spent searching for this mysterious viscet. Every step she had to take, every conversation she had to hold. It all leads to this, and she didn't know how to react. She wanted to be angry, but she couldn't. She just stood there as he spoke, nodding, lost in her own reality.
"Something is very wrong. Never was anyone able to see me, except for the witch. I must have done something I shouldn't have, maybe because I touched you, or maybe because you discovered my presence..."
He kept on talking about this and that thinking how he should fix things. He was too nervous for what I saw no cause. I tried explaining to him it's not all that bad, in fact, she's very glad to meet him, and she'd like to ask him a few questions if he has any time. But he insisted on going to this witch that lives in a forest a distance away. She decided to go because she wanted to learn more about him and his motives. He didn't give her any time to pack, they just got going right away.
"And, it was rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm Hugh."
I raised my head to see his shiny red eyes. They reminded me of something very familiar and dear to my heart, but I couldn't figure out what.
"The blame is shared. My name's Nikita. Now, if you don't mind of course, could you answer some questions?"
I tried hiding it with confidence, but my heart was bumping like crazy. We continued our talk, every sound that came out of his mouth intriguing me more. I couldn't ask him what was the meaning behind all these flowers just yet, that much bravery I didn't hold.
"Just shoot."
"How did you manage to make a rose appear out of nowhere? It was like magic. Sure have taken you a long time to figure that out."
"Oh, it's nothing, really. It's just one of the powers I got as a forest spirit."
"And what does that mean if I may ask?"
"A forest spirit? I actually don't know much else than what witch taught me. It's my duty to keep the forest and everyone in it safe and sound."
"And have come a spirit came to visit a city?"
"Oh. You see, that's a funny story. A lot of forest creatures told me about your good heart and selfless nature. You know, they are smarter then they look, and they can sense how you fell. You were broken, isolated, lost in your past. I thought I might pay you a visit and see what I can do."
You could not think up a response for that. Was it really that obvious? The more I think about it, the more I see it. Ever since I arrived here I haven't talked to anyone as much as this last week. If I even talked to anyone that is. I'd mostly just nod and smile for the sake of kindness. I never looked at it as a problem, though.
"I watched you for a few days before doing anything. You are so pure-hearted. At first, I thought a society is neglecting you until I realized it was the other way around. I wanted to push you a bit further, give you something to hope for. Hopefully a happy memory at least. And seeing your interest in flowers I think I thought up of a pretty cool way, won't you say it? But yeah, it shouldn't have ended like this, I'm sorry."
His voice dropped again on that last part. You gave him the deepest thank-you from the bottom of your heart and told him just how much fun you had discovering and theorizing before you change the theme. It goes on for a couple of hours, some parts of the way spent completely silent. You loved conversing to this viscet, especially about his stories involving little forest animals.
We soon have reached the witch's hut, relieved and tired. He told me so much good about her that I'm afraid she might not find me as a good enough. And anyhow, she was just a normal viscet, nothing special to see here. In comparison to Hugh's powers of healing and regrowing whole forests, I seemed so inessential when it comes to taking care of little creatures.
But upon opening a squeaky wooden door, I was welcomed with arms wide open. She was glad to see me, almost if she expected me. Her relation to Hugh seemed more like mother-son than friends. She'd whisper something embarrassing to you just loud enough he could roll his eyes and reply to 'not believe her lies.' But the two of you would just giggle.
"It was quite fun getting to know you, young lady."
She stood up to refill their teacups as her tone suddenly turned serious.
"But I'll have to tell you the truth this way or another, and I can not keep it from you any longer. The nature of the spirits is weird, and somehow you appear to had become one today. A light spirit."
And everything went black.

Chapter Three - The Brightest Heart
(0/1000)

xxxxx

Ahhhh Alex thank you so much for such a beautiful viscet! My heart beats for simple designs, and the palette is gorgeous. ^^
This is still a WIP, I hope I'll be able to finish it within end date c;
The mysterious viscet is Hugh, my lil forest spirit.
Limits and extras; ☑ Prompt - The most beautiful rose (1500/1500)
xxxxxxxxxx☑ First - History (1000/1000)
xxxxxxxxxx☑ Second - In memory of a perfect life (1000/1000)
xxxxxxxxxx☐ Third - The brightest heart (/1000)
Last edited by LimeThing on Thu May 10, 2018 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█

Hi, I'm lime

Life is a bit rough
around the edges now

But every storm comes to an end
Stay safe <3

█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█☂️█
LimeThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 am

Mark
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:32 am

marko
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 am

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
username | ravenwhisper's wish
name | crocus
gender | female
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Crocus and the Dreams wrote:Crocus has always had confusing dreams. Vivid. Detailed. Real. She's had them since she was a very young Viscling.

She's scared of them. She has insomnia because of them. But the first one she ever had was the weirdest.

Crocus dreamt her mother and father were divorcing. She was a toddler at this age, too young to know what it really meant, but she knew what happened in the dream.

I woke up and heard shouting from my parents room. Standing up, I teetered slightly, being new to walking. I toddled into the corridor and over to their door. I stood outside it, my short tail bobbing up and down from nervousness. I heard my father shout at my mother again and she was begging, pleading.

I leant on the door and it opened silently. I crept inside and stood watching my arguing parents. They were faced away from me and I could only see their backs.

Mother was in a nightgown but father was dressed in a suit. Was he leaving? Glancing around the room, I spotted a suitcase leaning against the wall. I gasped. Father and mother turned their heads.

"Crocus!" Mother cried, and darted over to me. "Darling, what are you doing?" Her face was wet with tears.

"I have to go now, Sara." Father's voice was hard and still. I'd never heard him call mother by her first name before. He looked at me once, then came to hug me, but flinched away from mother. "Goodbye."

Mother and I enveloped in a hug as he walked away, suitcase in hand, our tears dampening each other's fur. "Goodbye," she whispered.

Then I woke up. It was just a dream. Right? It was then. But that night, I awoke again. And there was shouting...

it happened just like it had the night before. Just like it. I was too young to understand much except that dad wasn't coming back.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
where do I find you
where do I go
where have you hidden
why don't you say so

why do we wonder
are you thinking of us
though you don't want us
any longer

where do i run
where do i hide
from the guilt
that dwells inside

why did you leave
what is because of me
why did you do this
can't you see

i love you,
i hate you,
i miss you,
i want you

why did you wander
into the deep dark world
why did you leave us
and walk into the yonder

where do you walk
where do you live
i want to visit you
i have more love to give

why did you go
you packed up and left
taking your case
was it for the best

i love you,
i hate you,
i miss you,
i want you

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:27 am

has this ended?
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 am

Hey there! This competition has been closed for over a month now; please judge it as soon as you can!<3 Thank you! c:
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Alex has asked me to step in and judge this comp!

I'd like to award 2 stubs to Ravenwhisper's Wish, and announce Limuma as the winner of this comp!

I really loved reading through both of your forms, and I enjoyed the art used in your form, Ravenwhisper!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me