Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 4
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Placebo

SCS Custom and Adopt #658 and #659

Postby Placebo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote: Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

Backstory wrote:A shy pair came in recently! The two sweet kitties were gifts gone wrong-- improper socialization made them twitchy and anxious to the point where intervention was needed. Both took the move to their new homes poorly and injured themselves in the process (on top of becoming rather hostile to their new families), so they had to be returned to their original breeders and readopted out. One of the shelter workers was happy to oversee their rehabilitation, and on a whim she put the two in the same cage. And my, the two seem to blossom together! It's rare that the shelter sees two roommates become such fast friends. They're seriously adorable and a joy for any passing patron to see. But, will you be able to charm your way into this kitty's heart?

658 wrote:The comp is simple-- how did the friendship that formed between this pair help this kitty move out of their shell? Completely freeform! Feel free to use stories or descriptions, or whatever suits you. Word limit is 400. Genim's personality is provided below if you need to use it. Extras are allowed and encouraged.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
How did the friendship help?:

My march custom cause I pander wayyy too much lmao, look @ this toasty boy

659 wrote:Username: Placebo
Name: Genim
Collar: Red with Gold Buckles and a Triskelion Pendant
Shorthand Personality: Genim's an introvert at heart, but an extrovert to those who know him. It takes him a good bit of time to open up to strangers (expect days of a cold shoulder from this kitty), but once other pets can look past his shyness he adores speaking his mind even though his mouth sometimes gets him into trouble. He's far too curious about the world for his own good, but he prefers to admire it behind closed doors. Being larger than the average cat makes him equal parts clumsy and sure-footed since he doesn't know what do do with his body half the time when cats half his size seem to navigate the world seamlessly. Nonetheless, it doesn't seem to stop him when he gets going; he loves to tussle and play, but he's exceedingly gentle with his friends.

Current End Date is April 15thl Feel free to ask for any extension of any kind<3

Genes:

658 Kinkalow (American Curl/Munchkin Mix):
Seal Point w/ Low White
aa // TaTa // Bb // EE // CbCs // Dd // dmdm // ww // ss // NG // sbsb // ii // wbwb // Ll

**Munchkin gene has a 10% chance of passing onto offspring.
**Gene for curled ears is recessive.

659 Cheetoh (Ocicat/Bengal Mix):
Gold-Shaded Chocolate Sepia Point
A(pb)A(fc) // Spmc // bb1 // EE // CbCb // Dd // dmdm // ww // ss // NN // Sbsb // ii // Wbwb // Ll
Last edited by Placebo on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Custom and Adopt #658 and #659

Postby mongrel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 pm

username: Imaginary
    name: Finn (Irish - meaning "fair")
    sexuality: very gay
    collar: [x]
    theme song: Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men
    how did the friendship help?: Finn hasn't had the best run. Born to a uncaring mother, he didn't have many good memories of his family. He had never known his mother's name, never met his father, never really knew his siblings. His mother wasn't at all interested in her kits, as if she'd had many litters before and they were just some more kittens. She rarely even ever talked to them. Finn was an extremely shy kit, and scarcely played with his siblings, if at all. His only encounters with humans were when they came to weigh the kittens and examine them. He'd grown to have a fear of them - he seemed only an object to them. He grew older, and had noticed that once kittens reached a certain age, they would disappear. He never knew what happened to them, and was therefore terrified. Turned out, they were taken by other humans to become a pet. The humans who took him were a family of five, with three young children. He hated it. All of it. The children would pull his tail and grab his legs, and the parents did nothing to stop them. He realized that if he objected, they would stop - so he did. He would hiss and strike out at he children, and became rather hostile to the entire family. After realizing this, they returned him to his original breeder, who then left him at the shelter. He was a difficult task for the staff, as his fear and anger towards humans made him hard to handle. He was put into a cage with another cat. A cat much taller than him, mind you. They avoided each other for only a small while before Finn began to grow more and more curious of the other cat, and vice versa. Their friendship started to blossom when the cat approached him. Finn discovered that the other cat's name was Genim, and it seemed that they had a very similar history. They bonded over this similarity, and an inseparable bond formed. As Genim was the first creature to ever show Finn some attention and affection, he attached himself to the other cat. They began to sleep side by side, and share their food. They played together, and over this time they each learned what life was all about. Finn's friendship with Genim opened his eyes and showed him that just because he didn't have the best kithood didn't mean that life was terrible.
    the first meeting:
    Finn wrote:I'd been locked in a small crate for at least two hours. It was cramped and uncomfortable. Three of the walls had little holes in the them that I could see out of. The front was a door made of metal bars crossed over each other. The crate was placed inside of one of those human's cars - which happened to be quite jostling. I tried to fall asleep during this time, but that was virtually impossible. The car finally pulled to a stop, and the door opened with a loud pop. The crate was lifted, and I was nearly knocked off my feet with the sudden movement. My senses were bombarded with new scents and sounds. There were birds singing and I could tell that it had rained the night before. It was a a bumpy few moments as the crate was carried into a towering building. I jumped at the door slamming shut as I entered the building in the arms of an unknown human. Another door closed, and I was presented with a small room. My crate was placed on one end of the room, and in a few more minutes, another crate was brought in with a strong scent of another cat. A human came into the room and opened the door of my crate. Unsure of what to do, I stayed inside the crate for a moment or so before beginning to creep into the open area. I began to sniff around the room, avoiding the other cat but keeping my eye on the crate. I eventually decided to sit on the window sill, which was luckily fairly low down, and watched the crate as the cat watched me. The human entered the room again, and my eyes followed as they opened the other crate. As I did, the cat slowly tiptoed out of the walls of the cramped crate. My eyes began to grow wide and my fur started to bristle slightly. We avoided each other for a while, but as time went on we each grew more curious. As cats, we were both suspicious of each other. The presence of another cat was somewhat comforting, though - to not be alone.
    "So what's your name?"
    "Finn."
Last edited by mongrel on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:47 am

m a r k
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:58 am

Username: Mythz
Name: The staff thought it would be hillarious to call her Denim to match Genim.
Collar: A pale blue leather collar with silver buckles and a little tussle
How did the friendship help?: (393 Words)

Denim watched as Genim sat at the window, looking out at the world. She jumped up beside him, pelts brushing, and followed his gaze.
“Isn’t it all so interesting?” The larger cat asked, but Denim couldn’t follow his amazement.
“I guess…” She looked up into his amber eyes before looking back out the window. The room door opening behind them sent Denim scrambling to find a hiding place. She slid under a chair in one of the corners, hiding.
Genim followed her but didn’t go underneath. Instead, he just stood there watching as the volunteer walked in, filled their food, then sat down on the ground.
Glancing at the spotted-pelt of Genim as he padded towards the food bowl tentatively. The human stayed perfectly still, and after a second, Denim followed.
Genim sat eating, not seeming to care about the person. As Denim cautiously nibbled the hard, dry food, the human stood up and walked over.
She froze, pelt bristling and eyes on the person, but Genim just turned away and started grooming her. Confused for a second, she followed him and started grooming him.
The person gently patted her back and she stopped mid-lick, eyes wide. Genim nudged her gently and they then continued grooming. The human left her alone after that but stayed inside the room.

After grooming each other, Genim mewed, “Would you like to play a game or something?”
“Sure!” She purred and followed him, and he turned around suddenly and pounced on her. Letting out a yowl of surprise, she squirmed to break free. They played around for a couple of minutes before Genim in all his clumsiness went crashing into the person with Denim skidding to a halt behind him.
“Oh no...” She meowed, nervous at what would happen next.
However, the person only laughed and scratched Genim behind the ears before letting them continue to play. After a while, the person left and a couple of hours later, they were curled up in the sunlight streaming through the window.

“Why weren’t you scared of the person?” She purred quietly, licking her paws.
“Well, I had you to protect me, so what’s to be afraid of?”

Denim realised that having such a big brute as a friend to protect her meant she didn’t really have anything to be afraid of. Not while he was there beside her.
Last edited by Mythz on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mythz

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      ImageImageImageImage Image

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T h e M a r t i a n » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:43 am

look at them! ^.^

username;;
T h e M a r t i a n

name;;
amalthea

gender;;
female

collar;;

how did their friendship help amalthea?;;

-wip

My toyhouse
My Viscets
My French Warmbloods
My Tolters
Hello Everyone. I am T he M a r t i a n, as you probably have seen, and I prefer she/her pronouns. Hope to meet all of you at some point. ^.^
T h e M a r t i a n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Username: Purrfectpal
Name: Isadora
Collar: Blue with silver buckles and a small pawprint and princess crown charms attached.
Collar
paw charm
Princess crown charm
How did the friendship help?: Isadora was always lonely when she was an only house cat. She wanted to meet other and have a blossoming friendship, but was always locked up inside a modern apartment to be held as a trophy, matching her owner's aesthetic. Isadora would look under the crack of the door and see happy dogs going on walks. She'd look out the window to the next complex across and see other cats playing and curious kittens. Birds flew by freely, she often wished she was one. It wasn't till Isadora was forced to have a roomate that she realized she was an extrovert. She talked and talked nonstop, getting all the words she's always wanted to say out. Genim, who seemed to also be seeking a mutual relationship would listen and then give his side. They seemed to talk all day and make jokes. Their bond became insufferable and Isadora became more comfortable about forming relationships with other animals.
Last edited by Purrfectpal on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
|| Purrfectpal || She/Her || Adult ||
╔══════════════════╗
Hi, I'm Purrfectpal. I am always open to chat with
new people so feel free to send over a message. <3

╚══════════════════╝
|| carrd | commissions | art shoppe ||
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeverLand. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Username: neverland
Name: Snowbell & Shiny
Collar:Image
How did the friendship help?: Both of the 2 had similar stories. They were both orphans.
♥ ♡ ♥
|| rosé || she/they || female ||
╔══════════════════╗
A boring lesbian with an
unfortunate obsession of
dogs & digital drawing.
╚══════════════════╝
|| storage || BR || bonded ||
♥ ♡ ♥
NeverLand.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:28 am

Parappa 12 hrs left
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Mythz wrote:

Username: Mythz
Name: The staff thought it would be hillarious to call her Denim to match Genim.
Collar: A pale blue leather collar with silver buckles and a little tussle
How did the friendship help?: (393 Words)

Denim watched as Genim sat at the window, looking out at the world. She jumped up beside him, pelts brushing, and followed his gaze.
“Isn’t it all so interesting?” The larger cat asked, but Denim couldn’t follow his amazement.
“I guess…” She looked up into his amber eyes before looking back out the window. The room door opening behind them sent Denim scrambling to find a hiding place. She slid under a chair in one of the corners, hiding.
Genim followed her but didn’t go underneath. Instead, he just stood there watching as the volunteer walked in, filled their food, then sat down on the ground.
Glancing at the spotted-pelt of Genim as he padded towards the food bowl tentatively. The human stayed perfectly still, and after a second, Denim followed.
Genim sat eating, not seeming to care about the person. As Denim cautiously nibbled the hard, dry food, the human stood up and walked over.
She froze, pelt bristling and eyes on the person, but Genim just turned away and started grooming her. Confused for a second, she followed him and started grooming him.
The person gently patted her back and she stopped mid-lick, eyes wide. Genim nudged her gently and they then continued grooming. The human left her alone after that but stayed inside the room.

After grooming each other, Genim mewed, “Would you like to play a game or something?”
“Sure!” She purred and followed him, and he turned around suddenly and pounced on her. Letting out a yowl of surprise, she squirmed to break free. They played around for a couple of minutes before Genim in all his clumsiness went crashing into the person with Denim skidding to a halt behind him.
“Oh no...” She meowed, nervous at what would happen next.
However, the person only laughed and scratched Genim behind the ears before letting them continue to play. After a while, the person left and a couple of hours later, they were curled up in the sunlight streaming through the window.

“Why weren’t you scared of the person?” She purred quietly, licking her paws.
“Well, I had you to protect me, so what’s to be afraid of?”

Denim realised that having such a big brute as a friend to protect her meant she didn’t really have anything to be afraid of. Not while he was there beside her.

Loved this descriptive story format-- you conveyed their light-hearted relationship in a very intriguing way, and I love that art! Congrats<3

Lmao enjoy Denim ;0
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 am

Haha, thanks so much Place! c: