Based on Click to view
Artist ImmyWimmy1 [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: Self-custom + Special Customs Contest [Info Below!!!]

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 am

Special Customs Contest below, scroll down for more!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~~~

Self-customs

So Immy has received some excellent news- after being over a year in unemployment, Immy has finally managed to secure herself a job! And in a professional laboratory nonetheless!!! Needless to say I'm absolutely thrilled for this opportunity and after such an emotional roller-coaster I felt like treating myself! So I made myself two very special little ponies!!! (and might be stopping off by several other artists with customs and breedings order, mwuhahahahaha!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

Now these two ponies are pretty special to me, as they are based on my two real-life pets. Since I was (and still am to an extent) frightfully allergic to hay and various grass pollens as a kid, I wasn't really able to learn to ride nor keep horses of my own. But that hasn't stopped me keeping various other pets! From fuzzy cats to dancing stick insects (seriously, they actually dance to avoid predation, it's hilarious!!! XD ), my family home has played host to a variety of animals over the years, including the two pets that are still with us today and were the inspiration for these ponies! The one at the front (right) is based on my ginger classic tabby with white spotting cat Cotton, whilst the one at the back (left) is based on my agouti ('wild type') dwarf lop x rabbit Ivy. I absolutely adore them both to pieces and I'm happy to add these two ponies to my stables! :D <3

Show Name: N/A
Barn Name: Cotton
Height: 13.3hh
Breed: Highland Pony (50%) x Welsh Mountain Pony Section A (25%) x Dales Pony (25%)
Colouration: Chestnut dun minimal splash
Markings: N/A
Genetics: ee/Aa/Dd/SPLspl

Personality: Cotton has two priorities in life: food and fuss! You always know when she wants feeding or petting (or both at once), as you can hear her whinny almost all the way across the Woodland Trax Stables site (which believe me, is huge!) A bright little button, she's good at using body language combined with her vocalisations (of which she has plenty) to get her own way. For example, if one of the handlers is out in the paddock and she wants feeding, she will: 1) whinny to get their attention, 2) walk to lead them to where she wants to go, checking over her shoulder every now and then to make sure they are still following, and 3) stand by the empty feeding station until something gets done about it! With the humans at her every beck and call, it's probably no surprise that (despite her size) Cotton is the matriarch of her particular herd! When the feeding stations are topped up, Cotton is always first in line and quick to put any other equines in their place who try to take her spot!

However she isn't all bite. Aside from being extremely vocal and rather demanding, Cotton is highly affectionate! It's take some time for her to warm up to strangers, but when she does she will happily engage in mutual grooming sessions with other equines and cuddle up to people. She's more than happy for people to pet her whilst she's eating too (I guess she's worked out we don't eat horse feed! XD ) And when she's not eating or being cuddled, she can be found sleeping on her side in a sunny spot, especially during summer!

Relationship with Ivy: She's been around for longer than Ivy and definitely sees herself as the boss. In fact when they first met she had little patience for the younger pony, seeing her as little more than an irritation. If Ivy came too close, Cotton would be swift to remind her with a gentle-but-firm bite on the shoulder, or even a soft kick. However as the years have gone by she seems to have mellowed towards her and is far more tolerant. She still doesn't let Ivy get too close though, so we still have some work to do!

Inspiration for design: Because she's a stripy ginger tabby it just made sense to use chestnut dun as a base! I was half-tempted to add some plain chestnut brindling to add some more 'tabby' stripes, but considering I already have several genetic oddities (including a past self-custom Rose) I decided against it. Her eye is still brown but because her eyes are golden I lightened them slightly, likening them to the eyes of the handsome Thoroughbred horse Halling (met him irl, such a friendly boy <3 ).

I spent ages trying to work out is Cotton's white markings should be sabino of splash. In the end I went for the latter, as her markings are fairly solid and not as jagged as a sabino. Also I was going to make the markings on her front legs much shorter, as they only just come up to her wrists as a cat. However upon revisiting my knowledge on skeletons I realised that the horse's 'knee' on each front leg are actually the start of the wrist! I thought she looked rather cute this way, so I kept it in!

-

Show Name: N/A
Barn Name: Ivy
Height: 14hh
Breed: Exmoor Pony (50%) x Welsh Cob Section D (25%) x New Forest Pony (25%)
Colouration: Pangare bay classic dun rabicano
Markings: Dun-linked blonde mane and tail
Genetics: EE/Aa/Dd/RBrb

Personality: In contrast to Cotton, Ivy is much more stand-offish around people. As a youngster she wasn't handled all that often by her owners, thus is still fairly wary. She's not exactly viscous (only ever bitten someone once!), but her ears will flatten and she occasionally even stamps her hoof in protest if she's forced to be around people for too long. She would much rather be in the paddock with the other horses, frolicking gleefully in a wide open space and chasing the other ponies in play! In fact she's a very active pony who love to run and jump about- might even train her for Pony Club gymkhana in the future!!!

It has taken years for her to trust a small handful of handlers at Woodland Trax, but even then she only tolerates them if she knows there's a treat waiting for her. In fact the easiest way to win her over is with an apple of two! She's slowly started to come round to being petted and fussed over, but she's still a long way off from joining our riding school programme! Despite this we all still love her very much and are just happy that she is able to enjoy a long and happy life in her new forever home!

Relationship with Cotton: After her previous companion (and sister) Raven passed away due to an illness, Ivy had started pining. In order to stop this from impacting her physical health she needed a lot of affection and TLC, but her wariness of people made things difficult. We introduced her to the pony herd at Woodland Trax Stables and it was clear she was eager to try to make friends with Cotton. She trotted up to the strange mare, but when she got too close she found herself being nipped and kicked at for getting too close too quickly.

Inspiration for design: Deciding on a base coat was easy. Bay is the equine equivalent of agouti and with her fur colour being akin to that of wild rabbits adding the dun gene on top just made sense! It took me a while to work out how to add in the pale ring around her eyes though, but I eventually remembered that pangare is a thing! XD For a while I was tempted to add in either some roaning or greying effects, but I kinda liked the way she looked without it, so stuck with that! :D

Rabicano was added for two reasons. The first was because Ivy's belly and the underside of her tail are white, and rabicano is mainly present on the belly and the tail (perfect!!!) The second reason was because rabicano sounds a bit like the word rabbit... it made sense to me, shush! XD

~~~

Special Customs Contest

Of course whilst it's fun to celebrate by treating yourself, what's a party without letting other people join in?!

I've had the privilege of being entrusted by several members of the CWHR community to recreate their gorgeous real-life horses in the past, which is always great to do! However I've never attempted something as potentially complex as trying to convert someone's non-equine pet into equine form. So if your curious to see what your little one might look like as a CWHR equine here's the thread for you!

Each horse will have it's own randomised custom mane and tail (and feathering, depending on the breed) and a name tag featuring the name and a little drawing of your pet (see separate Cotton and Ivy posts). And it's 100% free!!!

Now before we get started, I do have a few rules:

Rules wrote:1) Since I'm taking five orders maximum, only one pet per person please! EDIT: I am now accepting everyone's entries, but I am still only accepting one pet per person!!!
2) Make sure you include either a photo or a link to a photo of your pet!
3) Post your forms on this topic rather than via PM please!
4) Since I'll be starting work soon, I will only be selecting five winners! Please don't get aggressive towards other people if you don't get in (though I doubt any of you will because I know you're all lovely! ^u^ <3 ) EDIT: Since I am now doing everyone's pets it is definitely going to take me a while to get these all done- please be patient with me!!! ^^;;;
5) Have fun with it!!!

Remember that the horse could look very different from your pet, depending what species your pet is! Mammalian hair can only produce black- and orange-based pigments (or have no pigment for white markings). Certain markings on your pet may also have to be altered to be more realistically equine. The outcome might not be what you expect!!! :O

I've included two extra sections in the form. For favourite breeds you may list however many of your favourite breeds you like, and I'll see if I can incorporate them into your equine's design! For extra info you have the option to tell me about your pet! What's their favourite treat? What's their favourite hobby? Anything you give me will be good inspiration for your design!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name (additional show name is optional):[/b]
[b]Picture/link to picture of pet:[/b]
[b]Favourite breeds:[/b]
[b]Extra info?:[/b]

End Date: CLOSED

Good luck and have fun! ^u^ <3
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Self-custom + Special Customs Contest [Info Below!

Postby Albino_ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 am

Username: Soul of winter
Name (additional show name is optional): tbh(will depend on which steer)
Picture/link to picture of pet: my 2 steers
Favourite breeds:
Frieisan x Shire
Clydesdale
Pony
Brabant
Extra info?:
Lightning loves carrots, apples, biscuits and waffles, he loves scratches under his head and he loves to give kisses
Mater loves apples and waffles, he also loves scratches under his head and he loves to give kisses also
They both love to do pulling at the fairs

only pictures i have of my steers are of them together, for there a team, so Just pick one!
Lighting is the off steer (farthest from me)
Mater is the nye steer (closest to me)
Last edited by Albino_ on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarletFang » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 am

Username: Scarletfang
Name (additional show name is optional): Dazzle
Picture/link to picture of pet:
20170226_151952 (2).jpg
20170226_151952 (2).jpg (397.21 KiB) Viewed 592 times

Favourite breeds: Shires, Clydesdales, Percherons, Gypsy Vanners, really anything giant and fluffy!!!
Extra info?:
I apologize if the story is a bit long, I can change it if need be <3

Above is a picture of two of my dogs. My heartdog, Dazzle, is on the left. To her right is her daughter, Echo. Both are an extremely rare dog breed known as an Otterhounds and this form is dedicated to my girl and partner in crime, Dazzle. Her story is purely unique in the fact that she chose to be in my life instead of the other way around. Gather round children as I spin a tale of love and loss as in the old days of yore!

My parents drove us to a breeders house way back in the heated summer of 2007. A litter of Otterhounds had been born, a rare enough occurrence as it was, and I had been promised a puppy of my choice by the breeder herself. It was dark when we finally reached our destination and I ran from the car to glimpse all the snoozing puppies huddled around their mother in their special room. The breeder released the now awake bundles of fur into the yard and let us see every one of them, 7 girls and 1 boy. A pup, ears dragging along the ground as she trailed my scent, followed me around the yard. We played and dove in and out of the bushes together, running around while her siblings chose instead to harass their mother and the new strangers in the yard, totally ignoring us.

The next morning we returned, again the puppy raced to my side and shadowed my every step up and down the yard. The breeder, however, had noticed the pups reaction and became hesitant. She had already chosen the pup they were to keep to continue their breeding program, and she was following the little girl around the yard as if tied at the hip. With a sad, soft word from her partner they agreed to give the little girl the puppy she had fallen in love with. Dazzle, although a wild child during youth, was the sweetest dog that I ever could've been blessed with. She didn't react to much save for food and enjoyed sleeping the day away on her 'throne' (AKA the stair landing where she could survey her domain). She greeted others with a gentle wag of her tail and served as a therapy dog, visiting the elderly and veterans in her spare time, and even performed in multiple performance trials (confirmation, obedience, rally, and agility) along with 4H. As the years passed, she became a mother to 2 litters of pups and although she grew a little bit greyer each year, it didn't stop her from following wherever I went. She was my roommate for 2 years in university, greeting me at the door before curling up by my side to sleep on the couch as I studied.

In the spring of 2017, the news came that she had been diagnosed with liver failure. For a time she sat by my side, comforting me as only she could with her head in my lap and eyes looking up at me with calm longing, until the fateful day came 4 months later. She passed peacefully. Ask any pet owner and they will agree when I say, animals, no matter the size or species, can change your life forever. Dazzle was my angel on earth, teaching lessons of patience and understanding, and has definitely left a very perminant pawprint on my heart.
Last edited by ScarletFang on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletFang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 am

-facesmackreserve-

Username: ty_tay
Name (additional show name is optional): TBD
Picture/link to picture of pet: we have and have had a lot of pets over the years, but this is Rosie. She was the first of our shelties and the first of the dogs I showed. She passed away almost two years ago and this is the last picture we have of her.
20160819_173419-1.jpg
20160819_173419-1.jpg (374.54 KiB) Viewed 639 times

Favourite breeds: Im assuming you mean horse breeds xD i like draft breeds the best, mainly shire, Clydesdale, vanners, ect. (i like em like I like my dogs... FLUFFY! XD)
Extra info?: Thank you for this chance and your self customs are gorgeous!
Last edited by ty_tay on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 am

Username: DarkestWerewolf
    Name (additional show name is optional): Ace
    Picture/link to picture of pet:
    My sheltie boy
    Derp
    Puppy eyes
    He knows he’s adorable
    Playing with filters
    Favourite breeds: Vanners, Anglo-Arabians, Arabians, American and Spanish Mustangs
    Extra info?:
    about Ace;
    Ace is a sable white Shetland sheepdog. He’s turning 6 this year. He was 6 months old when we bought him from a pet store. He was our first dog and my entire family was still a little new to caring for a dog. We’ve never gotten a dog his size since our dad only has a Pom and a toy poodle both of which are small compared to him.
    I initially wanted a Shiba inu but after looking at him, something just clicked and boom. Soon enough, we were already preparing everything for him.
    personality;
    As a puppy, he was whiny and bratty. Very vocal pupper but I love him to bits. Before he was toilet-trained, he wasn’t allowed to wonder the house at night, only the kitchen where his bed and necessities are. So every night, we go through a process of which he actually screams and cry whenever we were about to confine him to the kitchen. My sister and I had to just sit outside and comfort him until he quietens down and sleep.
    As he got older, we came to realise, for a dog that ranks 6th in intelligence, he has his dumb, adorable moments too. Sure he can nail down new tricks pretty quickly, which was a big plus because our relatives always get impressed by it. But he trips over his own legs and have walked into walls, tables and doors on many occasions. (Don’t worry, he’s fine. I promise.)
    However, since we got him till now, there’s one thing everyone knew about him very quickly. He’s a glutton. He loves food, whether it’s for him or not. Whenever anyone decides to snack on biscuits/fruits/anything in general, he’d come running, rest his head on your lap and give you puppy eyes.
Last edited by DarkestWerewolf on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UnicornTamer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:51 am

So beautiful! I love the line edits. And congrats on the job, Immy!

Username: UnicornTamer
Name (additional show name is optional): Snowbell
Picture/link to picture of pet: Snowbell!!!
Favourite breeds: Arabians, Friesians, Gypsy Vanners, Fjords, Andalusians, Lusitanos, Mustangs
Extra info?: Snowbell is a super sweet little kitty who loves to cuddle. She became quite fierce, though, when she had kittens! We got her and her sister when her namesake, Snowball, was killed by dogs. One of her quirks is that she loves to eat the delicate pink flowers from the tree in our yard. When our dog was younger, she loved to play with Snowbell, but she was really aggressive. Snowbell's sister wouldn't let the dog near her, but Snowbell would go limp and just let the dog drag her around! I miss her a lot since I went to college.
Last edited by UnicornTamer on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnicornTamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:57 am

Username: Timey
Name: Rogue
Picture/link to picture of pet: x x x x
Favourite Breeds: Thoroughbreds, Mustangs, Sorraias
Extra info?: Rogue is one of the two baby rats I got around the end of March last year as companions for my ailing rat Claire, who had lost her sister to a mammary tumor and was also battling the same issue. We were scared of introducing the new babies to Claire; Rogue and her sister Rebel were both super tiny, and Claire was the squeaky wheel of the bunch. She never quite settled in no matter how hard we tried. However after we introduced them the trio came together like they'd known each other their whole lives. Rogue especially liked to take care of Claire as she began to slow down. I'd often find Claire lounging in a hammock while Rogue was taking her time grooming her. Rogue obviously saw Claire as an adoptive mother, and was never to far away from her up until the day Claire also passed on. Today Rogue is just as happy as ever; she loves to explore and is a bit of an escape artist. She has a knack for finding goldfish crackers where there were previously thought to be done, and is a pretty big fan of Greek yogurt and cashews. Rogue gives kisses like a dog, her favorite place to do so being directly inside your nostril. Though bigger than her sister, Rogue is a huge pushover, and will always let Rebel win in their little scuffles.

At the time that I am writing this I will be driving out tomorrow to pick up another new baby rat to add to my current mischief with Rogue and her sister. This new baby is going to be called Phasma. I'm looking forward to introducing her to my current girls, cause I have a feeling they'll be quick to adopt her as their own. Rogue especially, if Claire taught her anything.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwilady » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 am

Username: Kiwilady
Name (additional show name is optional): Ariana
Picture/link to picture of pet: https://sta.sh/22bsgc20j43z?edit=1
Favourite breeds: Connemara, Kaimanawa, Fjord
Extra info?: Ariana is my bunny! She's grey with a white patch on her shoulder and a white chest and belly ish, She is a Dwarf crossed with a mini lop and I adore her! I miss her so much already as I have just moved into my flat for uni and she has to stay with my family. She makes the funniest growling sounds when you pat her which are sort of like a cat purring! Her favorite food is kale but only a little bit and she will only eat the kale we grow ourself, she goes mad for it! She will turn her nose up at any store brought stuff!! She loves to be scratched on her head and will fully bow her head in order for you to properly do so.
........ ...... ........................
Hi!
I'm Kiwilady but you can call me kiwi!
I am a qualified Vet Tech!
I am a horse kinda person who loves
science and drama!
Come Visit The New CWHR!
I have a flight rising, a howrse, an aywas and many other websites and i love offsite trading!
Kiwilady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cooper. » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:54 am

Username: cooper.
    Name (additional show name is optional): Woodstock’s Miss Skyla Blue “skyla”
    Picture/link to picture of pet: tough day out
    actual day out
    shes a clinger
    i laugh too loud for her
    Favourite breeds: American Warmblood, National Show Horse, Salernitano
    Extra info?:
    personality: out of our three dogs at my house near school, skyla is all mine. while she loves everyone in the house i am the one she shadows and sleeps with and prefers to be around. she’s got a bit of a goofy personality seeing as you never know what you’ll really get. for the most part she is calm and wants to be as close to you as possible, often sleepy or cuddly. during that time if I happen to lay down my body will soon become her pillow and I will no longer have the idea that is personal space or even the ability to breathe! other times she’s like an ADHD dog on some type of upper. she does the pittie run up and down the hall and around the wall that partitions the main part of our open floor plan often slamming into our other dogs or narrowly dodging obstacles.
Last edited by cooper. on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
cooper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 am

Username: Rescue2001
Name (additional show name is optional): Oreo
Picture/link to picture of pet: below ( sorry they aren't very good )
Favourite breeds: Icelandic pony, any draft horse , qypsys, appy and Shetlands
Extra info?: Oreo is big and fluffy lol, he is a Norwegian forest cat mix, and he has a dumb spot ( idk what its really called ) under his nose it lookings like a hitler mustache to be honest.
Attachments
IMG_20171029_222847.jpg
Oreo
IMG_20171029_222847.jpg (349.63 KiB) Viewed 518 times
IMG_20161106_120643.jpg
Oreo
IMG_20161106_120643.jpg (348.23 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Tue May 29, 2018 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me