Time spent 1 hour, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1973 - Halloween event: The Flaming Moth

Postby SilverSamurai » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:33 am

Username;; humerussin
Name;; Aedus
Gender;; Male (Male)

Whew, we've made it through another year. Here's to another!

Halloween for me is about fun, goofiness, and laughs. So for this contest, show me a funny/silly video! As long as it is appropriate and no longer than 4-5 minutes, and not a compilation video it is fine! Other than that, tell me about this 'cets relationship to fire! Are they afraid or hate it? Do the enjoy it or control it? Tell me about them c: This will be a limited impress me, ending in two weeks on November 9th, 2017!
Prettying up and extras are encouraged, but must include a minimum of 1,000 words (excluding the name/gender/video link) and up to 2 art pieces. Quality over quantity! They also must have a relationship to another character, and provide a link to the additional character (does not have to be your own or even a viscet, but if you use someone else's character please provide a proof that you are allowed to use them!

Here's a skeleton form;
Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; (biological required)
Silly video;;
Tell me about them and their relationship to fire and their friend in more than 1,000 words and no more than 2 art pieces!

Mutations:
Butterfly Tufts // event rare

Good luck, and have fun!
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1973 - Halloween event: The Flaming Moth

Postby Vluwu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:39 am

Mark? Most likely watching, such a pretty babe

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:43 am

Nice one Silver! I might enter but if not I'm definitely watching the show!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:51 am

AEDUS // THE HUMBLE

Username;; humerussin
Name;; Aedus
Gender;; Male (Male)
Silly video;; this video because I LOV

Full Size

FIRE

( 1784 w ) wrote:
    The creature opened his eyes and gazed upon the world, breaking out of his shell that was turning to ash. Bright, vibrant and ferocious flames burned violently around him, yet he didn’t flinch. Standing on four legs to remain balanced, the viscling peered around the dark forest encompassing his patch of fire, feeling alert but comforted by the warmth. The moth wings sprouting from his elbows slowly uncurled, becoming dry by the heat and stretching. It wasn’t long before his frail legs gave out, and he was left still remaining within the circle of embers.

As fast as he broke out of his egg, it all suddenly came to a halt. Without warning, he heard a large amount of shouts of fright, roaring out from the midst of the night. Aedus could tell they were approaching, and approaching fast- without hesitation, he leapt from the fire and took cover behind a tree, a trail of ashes and embers following him in his wake. As he trembled in cover, viscets swiftly approached the raging flames. There were several of them, shouting to each other to desperately put out the fire slowly going out of control. A loud crack of thunder stopped them all, and startled Aedus so badly he fell to his feet. Following the sound, rain began pouring down on the world, cold and forgiving. He flinched as the trickles of water slid down his feathers, chilling his feeble body. The young viscling couldn’t stop the squeak that escaped him.

A specific viscet wearing a cloak and hood cautiously approached his hideout, having followed the sudden sound from him. She knew it was a viscling sound, and any that were this close to the fire could be hurt or injured. She peered around the side of the tree apprehensively, worried that she will scare the viscling; which she inevitably did. As the viscet peeked around at him with sharp eyes, Aedus squealed in terror and curled up as his weak legs couldn’t carry him to safety. “Hush,” she cooed, attempting to reassure him as she scooped him up into her cloak. “We need to get you somewhere away from this cold.” The viscet called for the others as Aedus squirmed faintly, terrified and anxious about if she had positive motives or not. Eventually he fell unconscious, stunned and exhausted from his struggling. “You’ll be safe now,” the viscet whispered, keeping the rain from falling on him with her cloak.

When she reached the village just a few minutes away, she brought the viscling into her cozy home and set him down on one of the makeshift beds of straw she had for guests. Before she turned to move to her own bed, she noticed something peculiar about the viscling.

Different traits in viscets were not too common, so seeing one with a pair of horns or unique ears wasn’t outlandish or ordinary, but she had never seen anything like what the viscling bore. Wings sprouted from his arms, folded in his slumber. They matched his feathered pelt in pattern and color, so they were definitely natural. She contemplated where the trait could’ve originated from, but shrugged it off quickly as she had other things to do. Covering him in a warm blanket, she set off to sleep early for the night.

For most of Aedus’ childhood, he was raised and taught by this very viscet. Each week he’d go on trips with her to the major market of the volcanic island, running errands and buying their supplies for that week. Sometimes she would be too ill to make the journey, so he’d take over for her and manage the best he could. Aedus didn’t mind it at all, and even as a young adult he still would do them for his foster mother. At one point, she stopped going completely for unknown reasons; they became his chores each week, sometimes every few days if necessary. They were merely something for Aedus to do, until one particular trip changed his life dramatically.

He was in the small town for various crops and fruits from other parts of the world, handing golden, shimmering coins to the shop owner and placing the products in his leather bag. Aedus was just about finished with shopping, when he turned and bumped into a rather tall viscet.

“Gah- oh! I’m so sorry,” he stammered out, recovering from the impact.

“Oh, it’s alright,” came a voice, a voice so sweet it took him completely off-guard. His eyes met her, and her name rang throughout his head. He’s heard so much about her, but this was the first time he ever laid eyes on her. Time felt like it slowed to a halt around him, if only for just a few heartbeats; Aedus was absolutely awestruck. He blinked, and it was over.

The viscet smiled, and he snapped out of his short trance. “Uh… you’re Akela, right?” His voice dropped a little, feeling embarrassed he even asked. She didn’t seem to mind much though, and nodded. “Sure am. Did you need anything?” Aedus mentally worried; she was definitely picking up on how nervous he was. She was the one who saved the islands, granting them their protection and solitude; she could make a volcano erupt with her emotions. He hoped she didn’t notice him gulp as well before he answered. “I was wondering i-if you’d be able to help me with something.”

Akela’s answer was quite the opposite, as she said yes, insisting that she doesn’t mind. Understanding his hesitance, she offered to talk on a quieter part of the island; which so happened to be the forest he nearly burned down with his birth. Some of the trees were regrown, lush and vibrant with leaves and sturdy trunks. Some ashes still remained, slowly being swept away by nature. It was a fascinating sight for him, as he hadn’t returned since the fire. It felt surreal to see it in full detail from an adult’s view, not like a viscling’s.

The two viscets sat in a small clearing in the dense patch of trees, resting on the soft soil for a few moments before he spoke up. “I needed some help with understanding my fire… if that makes sense,” Aedus’ voice shook a little, but he held strong. She probably has better things to do, and here I am asking for help, he thought, eyes faltering. Akela looked over at him, studying his posture and almost guilty expression. “That makes sense to me. Don’t be ashamed of asking, I have plenty of time these days to help.” The enormous viscet paused her words. “I have a question that may seem a little odd to ask, but it’s necessary… how do you feel about your fire?”

Aedus met her gaze, wavering his thoughts as he contemplated her question. “Well… it’s comforting to me. I have my care taker, sure, but she doesn’t come as close as fire does. When I was a young viscling just hatched, it was like it was all I knew.”

His mind flashed back to when he was but a viscling, gazing around at the fire turning the forest encompassing him and his egg in ashes. It left him in awe, in a world so new and fresh to him and his young mind. Orange and crimson was filling his vision, overwhelming him in warmth and comfort. The way it seemed to trail behind him as he moved, foreign to others but it felt so natural for him. Power coursed through him, nearly staggering his frail framework.

He never really used his fire power much, and to his care taker’s surprise, he had mostly control over it for his age. Even then, he avoided it at all costs, despite having not gone through a traumatic experience or seen what fire can really do. As Aedus grew, he was taught to maintain them even more and continue life without using them at all.

As an adult, he started to use his fire little by little at a time, being sure to not let his caretaker know. She wasn’t too fond of the idea of their little home being burned down by his carelessness, so he would go down to the ocean and try swirling little ashes around with his paws. Unfortunately with time, he hardly could utilize his power anymore, the most being the trail of embers that would often be left in his wake when he was infuriated; even then, that was a severely rare case.

In his current life, his fire has flickered out, extinguished from his reach. Ashes became nothing, and all Aedus was left with was his strong immunity to being burnt. The weight of losing a strong connection to what comforted him so didn’t hit him until recently, and he was overwhelmed with a feeling of loneliness and guilt. He no longer felt the warmth of flames.

Stopping his history, he focused his vision on the ground. “I’ve lost it in not practicing it through my childhood. It feels like I’ve lost a part of myself.” Aedus admitted, and went quiet. Akela gently placed a paw on his shoulder in reassurance. “Just because you no longer can use your fire, doesn’t mean you’re not a good person,” the two viscets shared a look for a few moments, before Aedus finally smiled sheepishly. “T-thanks.”

After admitting his guilt, Aedus and Akela began talking with each other about other things. What his life was like now, what Akela does these days, and that they should start meeting up with each other. He was hesitant, feeling as if he was bothering her, but finally he accepted and the two kept meeting every week during his errand runs. At some point he began going twice a week, three times a week, and even nearly every day just to go chat with her. It wasn’t until a couple months later he found out his fire never left him.

In fact, his fire had been rekindled; not within his paws, but within his heart. The loss of the physical fire was soon replaced with a fire he’d never known the name of until it sank in some random day. Aedus noticed he was staring at her just a little longer, losing track of time far more easily in her presence, and even losing his train of thought because of Akela. Whenever he’d lock gazes with her, his heart would do a little leap of joy, and it took all of his self control to not smile ridiculously. He found himself wanting to be in her presence more and more, and that’s when it hit him.

His new fire was love.

CREDIT

Akela belongs to me. || Art One by me. || Art Two by me.
    Please do not reference or copy my form.
Last edited by Lioashu on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 am, edited 11 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:51 am

Pretty bab, wow ;o;
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:01 pm

fairly unique, love what you did with coloring and spots :)
^_- hahaa aye he kinda goes well with the dragon in my sig. (it's from a game I Play. Surprised I never changed it I guess just enjoy that sig enough) grats to whoever wins. Altho I've never tried for any from this species only viewed couple or few times :P heheh
Art absent between June 7th & 16th or 17th or later! I will be on/off-line to check messages & trading! If I'm late to reply, it's because I'm on a road trip and visiting family that I've not seen in almost a year and some more
I was WildHorse32 Years ago & is my DA Username

Click here to find all of my personal
archives/harems n such for personal OCs and closed species!

Free-To-Use Art | Art + Past Art + Adoptables+
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Parasitic Rat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Username
    Wolfenhimer
    Name
    Sfíka
    (Also goes by Wasp)
    Silly Video
    doge

WIP <3
    Tell me about them and their relationship to fire and their friend in more than 1,000 words and no more than 2 art pieces!
Last edited by Parasitic Rat on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:35 pm

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch,
and it's bringing me out the dark

------------
Username;;
Catskitten

Name;;
Moei

Gender;;
Female

Silly video;;
High five!
------------
relationship to fire and their friend in more than 1,000 words and no more than 2 art pieces!

res obsession with fire /attracted to light
attracted to her glow it was an overwhelming love

art here Glow is devastated

Now I'm gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair

(art on right side ,Moei dancing with fire)
Last edited by Catskitten on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IMadeYouRead.This » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Username;; IMadeYouRead.This

Name;; Vulcan - Originally chosen because of it being an astrological name and those always appeal to me. It was a moon that had not been proven to actually exist that is theoredically in orbit between Mercury and the Sun

Surprisingly enough the name is primarily known for when referring to the god of fire.

Gender;; Male
Silly video;; https://youtu.be/msSc7Mv0QHY
»»-------------------¤--------------------««
My ToyHouse
My Viscets

.....·• •·.....
Male
Bi
♡ Taken ♡

»»-------------------¤--------------------««
Artwork by Corgi
IMadeYouRead.This

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:56 pm

mm possible res
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me