Based on Click to view
Artist paradise, [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 3
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#2085 Khimaira Friesians - Adopt

Postby paradise, » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 pm

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation

Owner: |Angel|
Show Name: Somewhere Only We Know
Barn Name: Athóos [Innocent in Greek]
Height: 15.2hh
Color: Seal Bay Tobiano Roaned Spotted Blanket Appaloosa
Genetics: Ee/AtA/TOto/Lplp/PATN2patn2

Breeding Info: Blind eyes will not pass on to offspring, nor will the rose.
Last edited by paradise, on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #2085 Khimaira Friesians - Adopt

Postby v.i.p. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Show Name:Mysterious blue ocean
    Barn Name:Blue
    Halter Color: Midnight blue
    Pearl Color: Sky blue
    What did you think when you first saw him? 'Wait a minute, i have to double check this out. OMG he is beautiful! Let me se if he is up. =3 ¨
    How does he deal with his blindness? He is like any other horse, the only diference is that he uses his other scents more.
    Little story about blindness:
When he was borne the vet told us that he should be put him down, because it would be hard on him as well as us to keep a blind horse that would need special care. But we did not want to put down such a young horse that did not even get to live. He got around with help of his mother and other horse. Now he lives happily and does not know he is not like the others.
(200 word maximum)
My dog is quite hip
Except when he takes a dip
He looks like a fool
when he jumps in the pool
and reminds me of a sinking ship...

Could you pleas click on the black wolf? Thank you =3

v.i.p.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Esforza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:42 pm

Show Name: The One Who Knows Everything
Barn Name: Ra
Halter Color: Mint
Pearl Color: white
What did you think when you first saw him? OMG it's so gorgeous I need him!!
How does he deal with his blindness? He behaves like a normal horse, but he have a little dog to guide him.
Little story about blindness: (200 word maximum)He was born like a normal foal , but we noticed something extrange in his eyes, they were turning blue. We called the vet, but he told us that for one extrange reason he was becoming blind... So we decided to rescue a dog to guide him and the plan worked!!
Esforza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Show Name: Something Blue, Something Borrowed
    Barn Name: Blu
    Halter Color: Bright blue
    Pearl Color: Pearl
    What did you think when you first saw him?: Very beautiful, but almost sad. <3
    How does he deal with his blindness?: Counts the steps to the ends of his paddock, uses his legs to feel around more than his nose ( he seems to be a bit shy about being touched on his nose ), companion "seeing-eye" pony with a bell.
    Little story about blindness: [ 136/200 ] Many rescues are sad tales, and this handsome man is no exception. Whatever his past, he was blind when he came to us. He shied at every touch out of the blue - we learned to coo and whisper to him as we approached - and when left alone, all he did was tremble in place.

We noticed our shetland, Shelby, take an interest in him almost immediately, but we were reluctant to allow her near him as she'd always had problems with other horses. She just got more insistent and, eventually, squirmed her way into his paddock during the night. We woke to that little shetland leading the big blind boy around his pasture with gentle nickers and nudges.

We ended up fixing a bell to the sheltand's halter, and the two have been inseparable ever since.
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:19 am

Sots:
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 am

Show Name: Can You Feel The Love Tonight
Barn Name: Sundance
Halter Color: eye color
Pearl Color: silver
What did you think when you first saw him? *gasps* Oh my word that is gorgeous! I am so trying out for him! (I did too....)
How does he deal with his blindness? Everything in his paddock and barn are always in the same place and he remembers exactly where everything is all the time.
Little story about blindness: (200 word maximum) When he was a foal his owner came into the vets office and asked us what was wrong with him, we told him that Sundance was going blind and that there was nothing that we could do about it. He told us he didn't want a horse that couldn't see and left Sundance there for us to put down, but we took pity on the poor little thing and decided that one of us should take him home. I got the privilege and took him home with me to see how everything would work out. Now he is 3 and doing just fine, I never move anything so he always knows where it is and he and I, as well as the rest of the vets, are all very happy with how everything turned out.

135 words
Last edited by Echo Revna on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever isn't long enough, I need you forever and a day,
in every lifetime and every universe, through every smile and tear,
by my side, not forever, but for eternity. - ➸

VET
Echo Revna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shanne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 am

Show Name: Avalanche
    Barn Name: Toivo [Finnish for 'hope']
    Halter Color: perhaps something that goes with the flower? c:
    Pearl Color: anything that fits!

What did you think when you first saw him? When I first saw him, a picture of a lonely yet determined soul trudging through a fierce blizzard came to mind. Though tired and weary, his icy eyes were fixed ahead of him, the flower in his ear giving him the hope that he will soon reach his destination. I'm not sure how I even got this, but I assure you, this is literally the first thought I had when I first saw him (and I didn't even know he was blind).

How does he deal with his blindness? He had trained himself to rely more on his other senses, however, though his senses are more attuned to his surroundings, it does not stop him from being a little on the edge. He is even more wary and cautious than ever, as he is not sure who exactly has his back; he believes that only he can take care of himself.

Little story about blindness: Toivo was very bright as a colt. He loved to explore, play around, and just do silly things everywhere. He had a very curious mind, always wanting to know “what’s this”, or “what’s that”, and observed his surroundings carefully. He barrelled himself into things unknown, just trying to find out what it was that he was looking at. He calls it, ‘mapping my world’.

It was until he realised that, as he grew older, he was starting to lose his vision. Being sceptical, he didn’t say a word about it, but gradually, it got worse. As the days went by, he started relying more on his nose, so that he could smell whomever it was that came to talk to him. He started relying more on his ears, to hear the gait of someone walking towards him. One day, everything went black.

He no longer runs about, rather just stays quiet, occasionally sniffing something near him. Then, he lifts his head and pricks up his ears, picking up a soft sound somewhere nearby. He smells and he hears everything, and yet, sees nothing.

[183 words]
off and on hiatus, may not reply

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

w e • s w i m • i n • d i f f e r e n t • o c e a n s
-----

"The only difference between past and present
is semantics.
If we could perceive time as it really was..what reason
would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

-----
b u t • l a n d • o n • t h e • s a m e • s h o r e
shanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Me?Sarcastic? » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:09 am

Show Name: The Blind Prophet of Apollo
    Barn Name: Tiresias
    Halter Color: Rose color and eye color
    Pearl Color: Rose leaves color
    What did you think when you first saw him? Oh my Lord. His coloration is amazing, and the flower is such a nice touch! He reminds me of Tiresias from the Greek play Antigone (hence the name). I NEED!
    How does he deal with his blindness?
    * He uses his whiskers, which are never cut, to feel if he can pass through something, or to find anything without bumping into it.
    * He moves slowly and always has his ears alert for sounds to warn him.
    * He tries to memorize where everything is (and gets grumpy if something is moved.)
    * He splays out his legs and sometimes feel around.
    Little story about blindness: (200 word maximum)
    Tiresias was infected with ERU when he was only a yearling. Fortunately it was caught early on and treated so as he wouldn't live with constant pain and immflamation, but nothing could be done to save his vision. His original owners had no patience for his blindness, so they sent his off to the Humane Society. The next few years were difficult. He was constantly adopted, then returned, then adopted again, then returned again as people realized that blind horses were more work than they could handle. Eventually, we adopted him.

At first, Tiresias didn't like being touched on his neck or face, and he would lash out whenever someone approached from his right, which we can only assume came from something that happened at one of his previous homes. It took a good long time for us to gain his trust and let us approach him from the right, but eventually we were able to assure him that we would never hurt him. He's doing better than ever now, and he seems happy here. He even made a friend in one of the other horses, Noble, who helps him navigate around the stables. It's amusing to watch, one clumsy horse being lead by another, bigger one.

(180 words)
Last edited by Me?Sarcastic? on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me?Sarcastic?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etriers » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 am

Show Name: Jupiter's Descendant
Barn Name: Julek
Halter Color: very dark burgundy or navy
Pearl Color: ivory

What did you think when you first saw him?
Completely in love with this coat. I check the Khimaira page regularly in hopes of finding a design I'll fall in love with and here it is. I've only applied for two other Khimaira Friesians due to me being a bit picky but I'm a total sucker for two things, blue taffys and seal bays. I really hope I can snag this guy and do some HARPGs with him.

How does he deal with his blindness?
Being born blind is one issue, but suffering from blindness at any age where you remember what life was like before hand, is hard. Julek luckily kept his spirit, but he became skittish as his eyesight deteriorated. His handler settled with the idea that he would never be ridden again, however Julek has shown great promise in his journey. With the help of constant attention, he's learning to focus on other senses and trust that he will never be put in a dangerous situation. He is a huge animal, so keeping him calm and safe is always the first priority.
Occasionally, he will show frustration. He will refuse or spook during his rehabilitation training and have to be done for the day, but he's doing much better. Trust and respect are always necessary.

When Julek first arrived at his current home, he was only three years old. He lived for being outside, being able to stretch his legs, smell the fresh air, and feel the sun on his skin. Unfortunately, during a particularly rainy season, he injured himself in his curiosity. He was left by himself in his paddock on a wet night and within a few hours, when he was checked on again, he had significant trauma to his face and eyes. Of course, everything was done to clean the area but he fell to an infection from the bacteria, Leptospira.
Julek was soon diagnosed with equine recurrent uveitis. It was apparent that every time he stepped outside, he was very sensitive to the light. Barn goers would pass him and notice he would constantly hold his eye closed, it seemed painful and swollen. Luckily, due to it being caught early on, they've been able to use a cyclosporine implant to reduce the inflammation. While he has lost the majority of his vision, his eyes are no longer painful.

⋆ quitting, find me on Instagram @ artwhorse ⋆
etriers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Show Name: a light in the dark
    Barn Name: bright
    Halter Color: surprise me
    Pearl Color: surprise me
    What did you think when you first saw him? I thought wow what a beauty I need to try out for this babe and pray that I win because I really want him to be part of my herd lol but I also knew that I shouldn't get my hopes up to much

How does he deal with his blindness? it was hard the first 2 months after he first found out that he was going blind but he was given hope when he was given a friend to help with his vision a neutered billy goat named night, at first bright didn't care about him but after about a week that started to change and that gave bright hope and now night is brights eyes bright trusts night more then anything in the world

Bright wasent always blind, he started going blind when he was about around 1 year old but for sure when he was younger, as of now he is totally blind in his left eye and the right is slowly fading away he can see full shapes and little color in it.

It was Brights 1st birthday and he was excited to see what was going to happen but yet he wasent feeling to happy, the last week or so, brights eye werent feeling the best they were hurting every time the sun hit them. A couple weeks after his birthday his eye sight in his left eye got worse he was starting to bump into smaller things like medium sized rocks, stumps even some of the fence posts. All of that had some of the other yearlings picking on him which did not boost his confidence at all and he started staying in the barn for most of the day. After about a week his owner called the vet and that's when he was told that he was going blind in his left eye and would most likely start going blind in his right eye sooner then later. This scared bright, what would happen to him would he loose his eye sight for good? After his check up his owner made a special area for him so he wouldn't get hurt or anything. Once he was moved bright actually started to get depressed but that all changed when his owner got him a friend Night, night is a black and white neutered billy goat. Bright started getting very use to night after the second day and after about two weeks night started to really help bright with things like where not to and to go and sense then they have been the bestest friends and bright follows night everywhere

Bright's new vision:
    This is Night he is a Norwegian dwarf goat but he is also mixed with a dairy goat so he is a bit bigger :)

Idk how many words that is I kinda got carried away I hope its not too many
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me