Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #211 - Readopt - Winner

Postby Mint Chip » Sun May 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Winner wrote:user; memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=204812
name; Huxley
gender; male
(form)

this babe was never actually homed, this was due to the fact that we couldn't grow the babe as TenMomentsTill essentially dropped off the face of the earth for a while and really never came back after that. So we were never able to obtain the full grown image and determined a while back that we would put it back up for adoption but as a PPS instead. So I recreated this babe (to the best of my ability) onto our PPS lines so this babe can finally have a home.

This babe is a limited comp. Essentially you have 2000 words to utilize for the entire form, this can be separated into sections for playlists, hobbies, likes/dislikes, etc or it can be one or two stories instead. That is really up to you. I will say however that I do want to see at least some personality in this, so I'm requiring a personality section that must be a minimum of 100 words but can be a max of 300 if you wish but this won't affect your 2000 words in your form. I'm also going to allow for up to 2 pieces of art, but I'd like to see personality in the artwork if possible - so if your character is grumpy, make sure that's displayed in your pictures. c:

[Form]
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
--
personality; (min 100 words ; max 300 words)
(entire form can only be a max of 2000 words--only up to 2 pieces of artwork)

-the 2000 word limit is a hard limit. the personality is required & doesn't count in your 2000 max word count.
-prettying up is fine but not required
-art work & words beyond the personality are optional but encouraged.
-good luck!

End Date: June 2nd, 2017 @ 9pm cst

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3462872][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2832730&size=large&format=png&rev=1495331407[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #211 - Readopt

Postby Placebo » Sun May 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Ooh I was wondering if this kid was ever going up for readoption :0c possible mark
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onionraptor » Sun May 21, 2017 1:51 pm

username;
Mimi-Chan~

name;
Aquarius

gender;
Female
--
personality;
"You know, I've been meaning to ask you. If I were a shape, would I be a circle, someone pointless in life, or a triangle, with many sides of emotion? If you ask me, I think you would be a cube, not one, but three dimensional, which means that you are unique in so many ways!"

Wip!
Last edited by onionraptor on Sun May 21, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onionraptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Sun May 21, 2017 1:52 pm

username; Strudel
    name; Huxley
    gender; Male
    --
    personality;

When Huxley was very young, he was feral, lonely, and embittered. He might have stayed that way if it weren't for his own little guardian specter. Irissa, the ghost of a mother viscet that passed away when her own children were young, kept watch over him as he grew into boyhood. With her love guiding him, he started to grow into a loving and caring young man. He couldn't see Irissa, except for in his dreams, but he could always feel the warmth of her love as she stayed by his side.

Huxley has his faults, he can be selfish occasionally and he's got a short fuse sometimes. He tends to get upset over petty things and has a bad habit of arguing over small details. Growing up alone with only a ghost to watch after him doesn't exactly make him the easiest to get along with at times. He's used to getting his way and doing what he wants, and it shows.

However, when it comes to the important things, Huxley can easily let go of his own selfish desires and do what is best for those around him. When he cares about someone, he cares with his whole being and invests himself in that person. His hard head actually comes in handy when he needs to protect someone he cares for, because he doesn't give up for anything.

Huxley is very bubbly around those that he knows, and quiet around those that he doesn't. He's got a lot of energy, and his mind moves exceedingly fast.

He has recently found a living guardian-- Peyton. Because of her kindness, he's learning to be humble and working on his temper. It's a daily struggle, but she's teaching him how to get it under control.

|| 294/300 ||

extras;
    --

I’ve watched over him from the moment he was born. He had nobody, and I had nobody anymore either. I named him after his father, who else was I to name him for? His parents could not-- they were passed on before he was ever born. I would whisper his name in his ear quietly as he slept when he was yet a babe, thinking even though he couldn’t see or hear me most of the time, perhaps it would stick.

When Huxley was small, he had no one to watch for him. Only myself-- the ghost of a mother without small children to watch over any longer. I was happy to do it, watching over him and protecting him from the world's pain gave me a purpose that I had long since longed for. He needed me, far more than my children who were already transitioning into teenagers and who had the support of others around them constantly. I would still borrow time to keep an eye on them, but Huxley demanded most of my attention in his early life.

It was not without difficulties, I was not able to reveal myself of course. I was a spirit, and although I felt as if he could see or sense me occasionally, it wasn't as if I could actually be there for him physically. I had to be creative to come up with ways to help the poor boy. The harder the challenge though... the more I grew to love him.

Daily I would do what I could to direct him towards food, and water, there was no one else to help him or teach him. It's been one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life or after-life. I would sing him to sleep, especially when he would cry because of the loneliness and heartbreak. Singing was the only thing that would help him sleep, although I am unsure how much of it that he could hear. Maybe perhaps he could just feel the comfort from me. Regardless, I would do it anytime he was upset or seemed lonely.

We lived, or at least he did, like this for a very long time. Just the two of us, together, against the world. At least that's what I would joke to myself sometimes. I eventually began to realize that it wasn't enough for him, however. He was insanely lonely of course, but he was also quite feral. He knew very little speech, just the bit he had somehow picked up from me over the course of time I had been caring for him. He was bitter too, I could see it in his eyes when he thought of his situation and his parents-- he didn't know what parents were I suppose but he knew something was missing. Sometimes he would go into fits of rage, and that's when I knew that something had to change. Something had to give, or this sweet boy-- my sweet boy-- would turn into a feral beast. Too damaged and too far removed from civilization to ever heal.

It was then that I decided to lead him to others. I was afraid to at first, because I knew he couldn't speak for himself and I certainly knew his mutated body would catch the attention (and perhaps suspicion) of the adult viscets he would meet when he arrived. Honestly though, there wasn't a true choice. He had to meet with his own kind and socialize before it was too late. That aside, the winter would be coming soon. Between his unusual body and his youth I feared he might not survive.

Every day, I would lead my little "adopted" son further out from his parents' den and closer to those that could help him. I could see the wonder in his eyes as he discovered new places and the fear in his eyes as he discovered new and frightening things. I always kept him safe though. I would possess hostile threats and predators to lead them away from him, I would coax him toward food and water as I always had.

It wasn't long, and I had managed to lead him almost completely to a small settlement of our kind. It also wasn't long before I began to regret my decision. When he caught the scent of the other viscets, his eyes lit up. Not with curiosity for wonder-- but with anger. An anger I really didn't understand. He charged through the trees, only bumping his head once in the process before he crashed into the undergrowth surrounding the clearing. Of course, all the noise he made attracted the attention of another viscet. My own daughter, Winry, approached the boy. She sniffed at him, and he snarled deep in his throat.

"Who are you?" she questioned quietly with a tilt of her head "What are you?" she had noticed the consistency of his body after just a moment. Of course she had, even in the half-light it was obvious he was no ordinary viscling.

Huxley simply growled to her in respond before twitching his nose and taking the food she had been carrying out of her paws in one swift motion. This was already a disaster, I knew then I should have focused on getting him to others sooner. He was a little demon, the way he was acting. He wolfed down the food in two bites while Winry stood there, stunned. She backed away, she was not the bravest girl after all.

"Uncle Riptide!" Winry called out to my brother, who was her guardian now "Uncle Riptide! There's something weird in the bushes!"

At the sound of her calling out, Huxley growled again and backed up against a tree. He didn't seem angry anymore, just scared. His tail was between his legs, and his ears lowered to his skull. He was dripping faster too, something that I had noticed long before happened when he was scared or nervous. After a few moments he whimpered, and when my brother appeared, it only grew worse. He started to yelp and yowl, obviously terrified by the mass of muscles and fur that was my brother. Though my brother was a gentle man, who I knew very well could help the boy-- if he didn't run away first.

I floated over to Huxley, whispering soothing words in his ears as I wrapped my tail around him.

"You're safe, with him." I promised quietly "He's strong enough to protect you and kind enough to care for you." I hoped I wasn't lying to Huxley, it wasn't as if I could ask my brother to care for him-- the dead cannot truly speak after all. When the boy was starting to calm, Riptide began to approach him slowly, taking care to speak to him soothingly as I had. Huxley's eyes grew wide, I think he could sense something familiar in Riptide because he did not shy away again.

I stopped regretting bringing him there. Especially over the next few weeks. He began to learn how to communicate, Winry and my brother took special care in teaching him. Soon it became clear he didn't need me anymore. Honestly, that hurt, but I knew that this had been the right thing to do. He needed living beings to care for him, not some spirit to look after him. Besides, it was too painful to stay there all of the time, seeing the rest of my family every moment. So, with a heavy heart, I left. Little did I know, that it wouldn't be long before I would return.

I left on a journey of my own, though I won't bore you with all of the details. My journey ended though when I followed another viscet into the forest. In the forest was a small human dwelling-- or at least that's what I thought. Inside where various machines and gadgets I thought only humans could make, but a viscet is the one that lived there. She was varying shades of brown and wearing strange accessories that reminded me of the things she had built in her little dwelling that surrounded her. Of course, that wasn't the first thing I noticed about her. The first thing that I noticed was that she was the same as Huxley. Her fur and skin were just as his were.

The viscet that I came with left with one of those contraptions, it seemed more like art than anything. I didn't leave with him, however. I stayed and watched this viscet-- this Peyton. Something in my gut told me this is where Huxley really needed to be. But I had to be sure. I watched her for a couple of weeks before I made my decision to lure Huxley here.

It wasn't hard to lure Huxley either. Not because he hadn't started to care for my brother and my children, but because he was curious and bubbly-- making him easily distracted. When I approached him, he seemed to feel me. And he seemed to miss me. He practically bounced as I whispered in his ear. I told him there was someone important he needed to help protect, anything to get him to continue following me. However much he understood stoked his ego and convinced him to follow the direction I whispered to him.

During the journey, I know that he considered going back. After all, he cared very much now for my family. He was a selfish and stubborn young boy though and easy to coax forward. It wasn't long before we were on Peyton's doorstep.

Huxley was cold and hungry, it was still the wintertime now, so when Peyton opened her door, she quickly ushered him in. Which was a good thing, because he would have come in anyway without a second thought. Immediately she began to fuss over him, do what she could to get him warmed up with her fire and with warm water. When she brought food, he immediately took it and ate all of it quickly.

"You don't have very good manners." Peyton mused as she watched him "What is your name? Where are your parents?"

At least Huxley knew enough about to speak to her now. "Name's Huxley." he managed to say after swallowing "And I don't have parents. You can call me Huck if you want."

I think that's all Peyton had to hear. She immediately began washing him up, much to his dismay, and tucked him into her spare bedroom. After that, I honestly would never have to worry about him again. I knew I wouldn't then, but I definitely know now. She would always be there to care and watch for him. She treats him like a little brother or a son, she cares for him and teaches him anything and everything he would need to know. She shows him right from wrong, and helps him to work on a lot of his issues. I still visit from time to time, I care about him too much not to, but he doesn't need me anymore. He's got Peyton-- and that's the best thing that could have happened to him. Huxley couldn't have asked for a more loving family than Peyton. It was simply meant to be.

|| 1879/2000 ||

Last edited by Strudel on Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Sun May 21, 2017 2:13 pm

username; -Shaded-
name; Tenair (Ten-ar)
gender; Male
--

*freaking screamed when I saw this
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sun May 21, 2017 2:25 pm

: Username :
Amxen no.XV

: Name :
Tear

: Gender :
Male

: Personality :
(min 100 words ; max 300 words)

Will base my form around the idea of him being left unadopted for so long or something of that effect.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 pm

username; Grifforik
name; Coo
gender; Male
--
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sun May 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Placebo wrote:Ooh I was wondering if this kid was ever going up for readoption :0c possible mark

yeah tbh we meant to do it some time ago, but then it kept getting pushed back. and eventually I decided I needed to put it ufa (the ownership change of the species) and I started making it onto these lines back in february or march. But I hit a couple snags because I felt I wasn't doing the design justice :c and I had wanted to hand it over to someone else for a while because of that and the thought of getting to try out for this babe myself lol (since the goops are adorable and this one has been my fav for a long time). but ultimately I determined I absolutely had to put it up soon so I buckled down and got it done today c:
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 pm

username; AlienBobber
name; Icarus
gender; male
--
personality; Icarus is usually laid back and chill, prefering to nap instead of play. He only gets hyper if you offer him caffeine, because he is extremely sensitive to it. He naps most of the day, and enjoys frozen snacks such as frozen yogurt, ice cream and popsicles. He is isn't too social, being comfortable on his own instead of being surrounded by others. He always naps in little secluded places, like a tree trunk or inside of a wheelbarrow. His favorite season is summer, because the heat is so relaxing to him. He loves sleeping on the beach, drifting off next to the crashing waves. Icarus loves the scary stories, as long as they don't keep him awake!
Favorite color; Burgundy
Favorite food; mint chip ice cream
Why is he so lazy?; Because he is young, he uses up a lot of energy just walking. He's not lazy, just tired all the time.
Last edited by shibeboi on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Sun May 21, 2017 2:59 pm

@Mint Oh my the struggle (;*△*;) Ah heck and the design still came out fabulously Mint! \ ;0; / Whoever eventually wins this kiddo will be a lucky user indeed<3
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me