Artist yenneii [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
82 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #838 [WINNERS]

Postby yenneii » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Main Adopts!

Ahh second adopt ! He didn't actually take me this long hah, oekaki was malfunctioning and wouldn't let me save swatches ! :0
Another song based one? He kinda follows the aesthetic of gooey by glass animals!

Edits:
Standard tail shine edit
Common hair edits
Common sclera colour edit
Common custom tail
Common longer fur edit
Uncommon pupil edit

For this guy, make me some lyric art of them with whatever song you desire!! You don't have to use Gooey. Minimum 1 panel and Maximum 15! Extras are always encouraged and so is coding!
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:

ENDS: 5th of March, 2017!

user wrote:question, do the lyrics have to be in order? or can we pick and choose bits from a song?

The lyrics do not have to be in order, but they must all be from the same song!

user wrote:what is lyric art?

Drawings of a character with the lyrics incorporated! If you play them together, they make a sort of "lyric video" however it's not necessary that the lyrics be in order for this competition!
Last edited by yenneii on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
yenneii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #838

Postby rem sleep » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:44 pm

"No food to eat. All the money's been wasted from last week."
I really wish I wasn't an insomniac. Unfortunately, nobody really asked me what I wanted. Not that it matters, exactly. I mean, my parents didn't get what they wanted either. I was a pretty useless kid-- an F-average student going nowhere, pursuing nothing. No aspirations, no goals and no dreams to be told of-- I can't say I was really very driven. We lived in relative poverty and I didn't really think we'd ever be better than that, so I guess that might've fuelled my resolve to get away with the bare minimum of effort. Putting care into things opens one up to pain-- and I didn't need any more of that. My folks kicked me out, though, because I was such a lazy kid. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, maybe I just didn't take enough chances, but it didn't really matter... I had nowhere else to go, so I got lost. I scrounged up my belongings and made a run for it, more or less. I found a place, I found a job-- I was poor but I was alive. The place I rented was probably the best part though. The old house was pretty whethered, and my broken things didn't look so bad hanging on its monotone grey walls. It was dark and dreary-- lonely and barren-- it was something I could relate to. It was an anchor for me, and it was mine. Sure, after rent I didn't have much money-- but the hunger pangs were my friends along with this house which comforted the loneliness within myself. It's strange how sometimes feeling deeper loneliness, deeper sadness-- it's strange how that can make you feel almost a little bit better sometimes.

"I can't even leave. So I sit in the basement, makin' up rap beats."
The basement was probably my favorite part of the entire house though. It was particularly dark and particularly empty-- I didn't even more anything down into it in an attempt to fill it-- I liked the space, open and empty. I spent late nights after work down there scrawling out lyrics-- music was about the only thing I really had left at this point in my life. I felt trapped in my life, chained by my debts and my lack of connections to anything beyond this house of mine-- so I stayed locked up, pent up by my own insecurities and fears. It wasn't so bad, though. I had a fair share of fun with my writing some nights, when I was really on a roll. The pages of words varied in theme-- some of them were depressing, I'll admit, but others were about love-- about friends-- about living a life to be proud of-- y'know, all the things I wanted for myself. Sometimes I'd lose myself so far in the lyrics-- in the poems-- that I'd forget I wasn't the person who had it all. Then I'd open my eyes-- find myself still in the basement-- and I'd stare for a minute. Those were the good nights.

"Hot cup of tea. It's 4 o'clock in the middle of the night, and I can't sleep."
I guess I've always had issues sleeping. From the nights when my parents would yell through the walls to the nights I just couldn't get my mind off my messy school situation-- I'd had these problems since I was really young, and they weren't going anywhere. Sometimes I'd weasel my way to the kitchen and brew tea late at night. If I was lucky, the herbal drink would relax me at least a bit, pushing me a tiny bit closer to slumber. I'm really glad I took the mug I used to use. Probably would've got in a lot of trouble if they'd noticed I'd yanked it out of their cupboards on my way out-- but the old, slightly chipped mug was something I thought was mine. I don't even remember where I got it-- just that I remembered having some sort of tie to it. It's a tradition, of sorts, but it doesn't exactly work anymore. It's just... a comfort. A reminder of something. A small portion of the past, in a way. But hey, it's still mine. A piece of myself.

"It's all on the peak. So bad I can taste it, while it eats me."
Sleep paralysis is terrifying for those of you who've never experienced it. As someone who suffers from it pretty regularly, I can say I'd almost rather go sleep deprived than subject myself to the terrors of my nightmares. It's like I'm there but I'm not-- in a way? Like a vivid dream, so vivid it could reach out and touch you-- but you can't run away from its embrace, even if its a cold touch that feels like what I'd imagine death's hands would, if such a figure were real. Sometimes I have more vivid-dream type situations-- I feel like I'm floating in a big empty space, hanging there suspended to the air-- unable to move and unable to close my eyes. I watch whatever happens and I stay quiet. There's not really another choice, but I hope they won't notice me. It's so much easier that way. The feelings are so real, though. The touch hits me like ice-- the sounds pierce my ears-- and there's always this foul taste in my mouth when I sleep-- like I can't stomach the thought of dozing off.

"How can I sleep if I don't have dreams?"
Sometimes I feel it creeping up on me. Before I'm even asleep, the cold hands grab me and hold on-- I feel like I'm being dragged down-- down into those awful nightmares. I'll stare up at the light, hoping it might protect me. I'll keep my eyes off the shadows, off the area I feel the cold-- maybe if I ignore them, they'll go away. I try everything I can think of, but it never works out any differently. I'm always pulled down against my will into a world of nightmares. When my eyelids are so heavy with sleep that I can't fight it off any longer, I don't dream-- I don't even rest-- I lay there as my calm, empty world is painted over with a chaotic nightmare. I really wish I could dream. It'd be a great change of pace, if you ask me.

"I just have nightmares!"
I don't really know why it's always eyes. Maybe it's the stage-fright, maybe it's my incredible phobia of being judged by everyone around me-- but it's always eyes. They're always somewhere, watching me. I don't know what they expect to see. I'm almost always the same. It feels like these days nothing ever changes. Even the night-terrors are predictable. Not boring, just repetitive. I could tell you what nightmare I'd have on a monday night versus a tuesday night. It's a peculiar thing, but it seems to have a pattern to it. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll count the eyes. I'll stare out at them and they'll stare back. They never change, either. There's always the same number-- but I forget it when I wake up. I just get a strange deja vu about it whenever I count. I'll hit the number and think to myself, "that's exactly the same as last time," but I'll never understand how I knew about it in the first place. I'm convinced it's just another of my brain's attempts to mess with me.

"How can it be? I still believe something is out there?"
I question a lot of things. Sometimes I think my entire life is just one big question-- or at least a big series of them. I wonder about things like spirits, about things like God. I can't say I've never doubted those sorts of things-- but it seems a lot nicer to hope. I really want to believe most days, even if they're hard. Even when I doubt myself really strongly-- I can't give up. I can't give up on myself, or on my hope-- it's a strange thing, almost like an addiction, but I can't seem to give in no matter how beaten down I get. I'll come home exhausted and on the verge of tears and I'll think to myself, "tomorrow's gonna be better, you'll see." Sometimes I hate my addiction to hope, but I think it's one of the only things keeping me going, really. I keep going because I have no other choice, but... maybe also because I want to get out of the 'bad part'. They say life comes in ups and downs-- maybe I'm just on a really long 'down', and the 'up' is coming soon. It's a silly thing to think-- but I really want to believe it. I really do.

"Some part of me feels a little bit naked and empty."
I don't have any friends. My family won't talk to me. Everyone I ever knew is off doing something good with their lives-- and here I am. I write songs and poetry, I work full-time and live in a beat-up old house-- most of my things are junk and I'm hungry. I ask too many questions-- maybe I'm just insecure-- but at the end of the day I'm always right where I started. I'll crawl out of the same bed to pursue the same day. My schedule very rarely changes-- sometimes I talk to people at work though. It's the closest I've got to really making any friends at the moment. There are nights where I lay on the basement floor and wonder why I'm still alive, but hey, I've said already that I'm really persistent. I want to believe things will get better-- even when the pain in my chest feels so crushing that it might break my ribs. Some days I wake up and I feel like-- if no one reaches out to touch me, they might not be able to-- like maybe I'm not even real at all. I'm just a ghost walking through the steps of someone who might've been alive once-- but maybe I don't really exist. Maybe that's why no one acknowledges me. On those days I put in my headphones on my break and I close my eyes-- that's my rest, my daydreams. I pretend I'm that person in my writings-- the one who has it all-- and I feel a bit better.

Maybe I'll talk to someone tomorrow.

"All the time I sit and try, you think I'd be down,
every night I'm sick-- and why?

I'm staying up this time."
Last edited by rem sleep on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 22 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Username: kip.
        Name: bayley [ haha like dave bayley?? sorrynotsorry ]
        Lyric art: wip- using 'buy the stars' by marina and the diamonds
        p1; you bought a star in the sky tonight
        p2; because your life is dark and it needs some light
        p3; you named it after me but i'm not yours to keep
        p4; cuz you'll never see that the stars are free
        p5; oh we don't own our heavens now
        p6; we only own our hell
        p7; and if you don't know that by now then you don't know me that well
        p8; all my life i've been so lonely
        p9; all in the name of being holy
        p10; but still, you'd like to think you own me
        p11; you keep buying stars
        p12; and you could buy up all the stars
        p13; but it wouldn't change who you are
        p14; you're still living life in the dark
        p15; it's just who you are
Last edited by fruitvale on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

ohmygod hello gorgeous
    mark to watch the competition, such a dream!
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ocean_ » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Username:
Name:

markkkk

x
            x
            got7 // ateez // stray kids

my sweet bois

idk what else to put here oof.
            x

ocean_

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Mid-life » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Mark
    mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
    Mid-life

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

►► αnd wє'rє αll jυst hαvιng fυn

Postby rubixilam » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:52 pm

x
    x
    xxxImage
    ᴜꜱᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ / ʀᴜʙɪxɪʟᴀᴍxɴᴀᴍᴇ / ᴄʟᴏᴠɪꜱxɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ / ᴍᴀʟᴇ

/ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴀʜᴏʟɪᴄ / ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ / ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜꜱ / ᴘᴏꜱꜱᴇꜱꜱɪᴠᴇ/ ᴅɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴄᴛᴇᴅ /
    /ᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴᴀᴛᴇ / ɪᴅᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴛɪᴄ / ᴇxᴄɪᴛᴇᴅ/ ᴅᴇᴛᴇʀᴍɪɴᴇᴅ / ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ
    / ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴛɪᴄ / ᴏᴘᴛɪᴍɪꜱᴛɪᴄ / ꜱᴇʟꜰɪꜱʜ / ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴏʀᴋᴇᴅ / ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ /
    / ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ /

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

ʟɪᴋᴇꜱ // ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ, ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇꜱ&ᴄʜᴇᴇꜱᴇ, ꜱᴏᴅᴀ, ᴍᴇᴀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴏᴅꜱ, ʀᴏʟʟᴇʀᴄᴏᴀꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ, ᴍᴜꜱɪᴄ
    ᴅɪꜱʟɪᴋᴇꜱ // ʟᴇᴄᴛᴜʀᴇꜱ, ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ, ɪᴍᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ

x

section of playlist // X X X X

I FORGOT THE LYRICS IN A SLEEPY HAZE IM
    Last edited by rubixilam on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:55 am, edited 18 times in total.
    ██ rubi │

AWOOOOGA
    rubixilam

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Rorrim » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm