Name:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sky;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun!
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame.
Hey! Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

I made an Air Force viscet as my first Guest Artist esign because...it's my favourite branch and I love planes. So, yeah...I'm pretty proud of how this came out. ^^;

This is going to be a longer competition ending Feb 25th, and I will be adding extensions if enough people ask for them. It's going to be mostly a writing competition. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Personality: (100 words min - 500 max)
Life goal/dream: (250 words min - 700 words max)
Relationships: (optional - max 200 words each, max 4)
2 Extras: (optional - 500 words or 1 piece of art each, no animations/comics - words can be combined)

Rules:
- The two word extras(if you choose them) can be added together, but you can't add them to the other sections (I.e add 500 words to personality).
- Please don't hide your form until the last day. Also, forms should only be on this thread, please ^^
- Art and writing will be valued equally, please don't let that dissuade you from using one or the other!

Mutations: Feather tufts (UC)
~also, for art: when they straighten out their back legs, the   logo is straight up and down~
Last edited by lex on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

. naseem . the dreamer .

Postby Vixen Luo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Username: true knight
    Name: Naseem
    Gender for breeding purposes: male
    personality - 328/500 wrote:Naseem is a very idealistic little guy. He rarely likes to talk about things 'in the now'; rather, he would much rather spend his time talking over what the future holds. In that sense, he is much like a child; facing the present is much of a fear to him, as anything could happen at any moment -- meaning, reality could come and slap him any time without warning. For that reason, he often distances himself from most other viscets who find his idealism annoying or frustrating, especially when met with the way he reacts to such conflict.

His sense of morality is very high; he is very unlikely to take before he is given permission, or to spoil his integrity by doing something questionable. Instead, his interests are often very innocent and widely accepted, and to some could even be described as prudish or boring. On the contrary, however, he's very inventive and adventurous; trying new things is somewhat of a shtick for him, so long as he is alright with the risks that come along with it or the consequences that could follow.

Naseem has quite a bit of an open mind with others; no matter who they are, criminal or high-upstanding citizen, he carries a rather friendly air about himself and a patience that not even time could break. For that reason, he is often able to be welcomed in by even the hottest of tempers without a second thought, and is able to talk others through their anger or their despair to help them remain calm or recover themselves before doing anything out of line or regrettable.

Finally, Naseem is extremely faithful in others and himself. His hope swells like the ripest of strawberries, pure and sweet, although unlike fruit, it is almost never spoiled, even by the most sour attitude he is faced with. He truly sticks to his beliefs despite what he goes through; in a sense, that's what keeps him going strongest.

life goal - 330/750 wrote:The dream that Naseem carries on his shoulders is a rather simple one: to make others believe that an 'ideal future' really can happen. Although his hope is near-everlasting, he knows full well that others in life have short-lived faith or dreams that are early to die because of their lack of drive or determination to see such things through. Naseem is much more of an aimless dreamer than most are, but rather than let his indecisiveness cloud his vision, he has decided to aim to help others see how reachable their goals are. He often tries his hardest to null the motions that youthful fantasies of love and success and happiness are foolish and soon to die; rather, he loves to try and push home the point that such things almost never happen because no one is often willing to put in the effort to try and let things pull through to the end; in reality, most couples break up, interests change, or life hits others harder than intended and crush their hopes far faster than Naseem could hope to repair. However, he isn't one to let himself fail; seeing the few in life that do manage to get what they wanted and planned for drives him to work harder to get others the same end goal, even if it takes up more of his time and effort and results in a failure; in his eyes, it will eventually happen, no matter how long it may take.

At the same time, Naseem has no such dream for himself; he often lacks enough time to really think over what he wants for himself in life, aside from his foolish daydreams of settling down whether as a friend or a mate alongside Josefina, who rejects his plans in such a way that he burns with a desire to let her dream as well, to push her toward an ideal future of her own whether he is apart of it or not.

Relationships:
    josefina - 177/200 wrote:Naseem and Josefina have a bit of a peculiar relationship. Oftentimes, they have moments where their affections seem obvious and genuine, where they appear almost inseparable -- and at other times, Josefina distances herself from him or is impatient with him. Out of the two, Naseem seems confused by this circular relationship; he fails to understand what he does wrong to her, but in reality, she hates how little of the real world he sees. She, the brutal realist, and he, the idealist, clash in mindset despite how they may fit and even out temperament-wise; because of this, neither can speak to the other without arguing about the correct way to look at things. He cannot try to plan the future with her, whatever that confusing thing may be, and she cannot talk presently with him often, for his vocabulary fails to go past 'what if's and 'when's. The two share a rather confusing and yet blossoming relationship, but whether or not it will ever develop into something more or ever relax into something without fighting is unknown.

eizen - 165/200 wrote:Naseem and Eizen have a bit of a peculiar relationship. Although Eizen can no longer speak, Naseem can spend endless hours talking to him, expressing his ideals or talking about recent arguments or conversations he'd had earlier on in the day to the dragon, who in turn seems to listen quietly. Realistically, Eizen can only make apart bits and pieces of Naseem's words when he is spoken to due to how feral he has become--but the viscet is somewhat of a calming point in his life, something that he couldn't possibly view as a threat and thus isn't worth threatening or scaring off. In a way, the two are quite close, often watching the sunrise and sunset together when Naseem climbs the steep rocks leading up to Eizen's isolated den to both see him and watch his favorite view. Eizen is somewhat of a confidant for Naseem, able to speak or no, and Naseem is somewhat of an object of comfort for Eizen in turn.

augustin - 123/200 wrote:Naseem finds Augustin quite...intimidating, but nonetheless a bit of an inspiration. Seeing how hard he has worked to get where he is and still fight for his life every day has sparked a flame in Naseem's belly to boost his own determination, and as such, he respects the older male immensely (also, perhaps, because he is Josefina's father). However, Augustin believes that Naseem is far too naive and friendly for his own good. His pure heart is admirable, but the tri-tailed viscet finds that Naseem is too kind and too innocent for his own good; one day, it will be his undoing, of that he is sure. In that sense, Josefina and her father share a bit of the same opinion of Naseem.

the climb
    500/500

Naseem puffed out a sigh as he climbed up the rocks leading to his favorite 'perching' spot, reduced to using all four limbs as though he were a viscling because of the steepness. His ears flicked back and he scrabbled up the next foothold, vibrant tail swishing with a small grunt as his muzzle roamed, searching for something to give him a hint as to where he was. Sometimes, it was easy to get lost so high up on the rocks, but Naseem couldn't help his fascination with them. I wish you'd just stop. Just wait, one of these days you'll either fall get eaten by that dragon. What will I do then? Josefina was often quite blunt with him about her...concerns, he supposed he could call them. He could understand (a little) why she would worry, but honestly, he was capable of handling himself. He could climb just as well as she or her father could, and, well...Eizen was never violent with him; he never seemed to mind the company when Naseem came, either. He even dared to think that the fin-maned dragon liked having such an insistent visitor, but...perhaps it was a little foolish to think so, though.
    His thoughts caught hold of him too soon, however, and he yelped as his foot slipped out of the rocks and his claws scratched, one of them catching on the stones and--
    "Agh!!" His pained cry split the air as his claw ripped, white hot pain flaring in his hind paw as he scrabbled to catch himself. Panic fluttered in his mind as he started to tumble, his paws desperately scratching before his eyes shut--
    And then, suddenly, teeth fastened into his nape before he could successfully fall below, and his paws fumbled shakily to latch onto whatever had caught him. At this point, whatever was plucking him up for dinner could have at it; it was a much better death than falling.
    When he realized he wasn't being eaten, but lifted up onto a ledge, his eyes fluttered open and his chest heaved, glancing around before he looked up and met the bright green and orange eyes of Eizen, who snorted against his fur in response and dropped him gracelessly onto the stone, making him wince as he felt his injured hind paw throb in response. "Ugh--th-thanks," he breathed, to which the dragon growled low in response--but, instead of threatening him, he nosed Naseem toward the edge of the cliff, plopping down onto his side next to him much like a lion sunning itself and gazing outward. Naseem watched Eizen for a moment before his eyes trailed off to gaze at the setting sun just the same, feeling his pain ebbing slowly as he became enraptured in the sight that he climbed so boldly for.
    Wind blew through his fur as he sighed, smiling as a thought crossed his mind.

No matter what Josefina says, being able to experience something like this makes everything worth it.

click for full size; by silversamurai
    art shall go to the winner c:
Last edited by Vixen Luo on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 16 times in total.
    please stop asking me to give you my viscets. thank you!
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1184 - UFA

Postby serotonin. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Offering my viscets as friends. I've got two Army themed babes!
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Nah dropping out
Last edited by Placebo on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:04 pm

I LOVE THE AIRFORCE *screams*
I'll be watching this one c;
(Maybe make some art? Who knows)
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 am

Personality wrote:Predator can be a serious Viscet. He believes strongly in
discipline and morals, constantly making sure other creatures around
him follow the rules. He’s silent and can be seen as rather creepy at
times, often an eminent sign of attack for prey. He’s strong due to
holding himself up to high standards, keeping his strength and
physical fitness up to as high as it can be. He even trains other
Viscets when they want to, though he’s tough with them.

Deep down though, Predator just wants to protect and
serve his pack. Whenever there’s danger, he’s always
first to volunteer himself to fight. He doesn’t use brute
strength, but instead plans before he and his troops attack.
He displays his mark on his flank with pride, picking up his
habits from the Air Force base not too far away. Being born
and raised through his childhood by the Air Force cadets, he
has immunity to humans and even planes, never spooking
when a lost human stumbles into their territory. In fact,
although he’s a bit threatening, he kindly helps them to the
Air Force base.

Another thing Predator has is the fact that he’s hilarious.
He may seen serious all the time, but rest assured that he
jokes a lot. He loves making fun of the other Viscets, but
everyone knows it’s all in good fun. His humor allows the
pack to brighten up in the darkest times, able to all share
a good laugh from Predator’s jokes.

The Viscet even has a soft spot for hopeful
young hearts, always trying to help them reach
their fullest potential. He will often bring the young
Viscets on ‘field trips’ to the Air Force base, allowing
them to become less scared and to experience how
amazing humans can be.

All in all, Predator, although sometimes scary, silent,
and threatening, is a sweet guy who really just wants
to defend what he loves most. His territory, the Viscets
inside the pack, and the Air Force troops who had raised
him and taught him so much.
342/500

Goal wrote:Predator is trying ever so hard to join the Air Force.
Yes, the human Air Force. He thinks he could provide some much
needed muscle, being able to carry around heavy things. Or at the
very least be a mascot and early warning system due to his sensitive
hearing and sense of smell. He had been fascinated with planes and
drones since he was hatched, being raised in secret in an airplane
hangar. The cadets were very careful to keep him a secret, but he
eventually got too big and the secret came out. Since then, he’s been
being trained and seen as a possibly valuable asset to the Air Force.
Not to mention the fact he had the mark already on his flank. He
believes he was practically destined to join the Air Force, and he
thinks of it as a waste to not take part in defending the U.S.

Another part of his dream is to be able to settle down with a mate
and raise a few eggs of his own. He wants to be able to teach
his own kids about the military and begin a few generations of
military Viscets in their pack. He wants to inspire and provide for
his family, helping to protect and serve. He believes he’s in debt to
those he has lived with for so long, and he wants to be able to be
sure that his children will follow in his pawsteps, or at least
become good citizens.

He also wants to explore the world. This being one of his wildest dreams,
Predator had always wished to be able to visit Air Force bases in Europe.
Well, considering how hard it would be to take a giant Viscet over a
rather large ocean, Predator decided even a Californian base would do.
Currently 'stationed' at a Floridian base, he doesn't get to see much
activity. It's mostly kids visiting with their school's JROTC class or
old people, visiting with their grandchildren to see the living conditions.
Predator always tries to put on a show, showing them how amazing
the Air Force is, but the same scenery and people can get boring over time.
363/700
Basic Information wrote:Username;;
SoupPupped
Name;;
Predator
{LtCol. in AFJROTC is very
passionate about the Predator drone}
Gender;;
Male

Relationships wrote:
Lugia
Predator quite likes Lugia, although he constantly
teases him for liking the water more than the sky.
Predator, being a 'member' of the Air Force, is one
to easily tease others for liking other elements.
Still, the two Viscets get along, both enjoy
relaxing with each other. They both have
a try-hard attitude, making sure never to give
up, and that's what first attracted Predator.
They can sometimes get a bit competitive,
which can be good as it keeps Predator on his
toes. When not on duty, Predator will often visit
Lugia near the ocean, as well as Ho-Oh, Lugia's
sister. All three get along quite nicely, but
the two males have been friends for quite
some time.

Cold Steel
Predator and Cold Steel had been friends for quite
some time. They are very competitive, and
absolutely love poking fun at each other for their
choice in branches. At first glance, you'd think
the two are enemies always at each others'
throats, but in reality it's just the regular
teasing and name-calling of the military. It's all
in good fun, and it makes their bond stronger
to know they can make fun of each other.
In all honesty, they can get annoyed with each
other at times due to their slightly short tempers,
but their friendship will never be broken over
something as petty as inter-branch teasing. They
act much like brothers, always there for each other
in times of need, and their human counterparts are
always ready to support the other. The local Army
and Air Force bases have actually been brought
closer together due to these two Viscets, causing
not only the Viscets but the whole two bases to
act like brothers.

Shepherd of Fire
The brother of Cold Steel means that he and
Predator will have met at some point. The
relationship, although not as close as Cold
Steel, is surprisingly strong. Predator and
Shepherd will normally just hang out and talk
whenever they're bored and Cold Steel or any
of their other friends are around. Most of
their conversations are casual talk, and
although far from awkward, they aren't as
warm as some of the others Predator has.
Still, Shepherd being the brother of an Army
guy means that the two Viscets have at
least something to talk about, and they
quite enjoy seeing each other when Cold
Steel is around. The three act as brothers
with each other, rough-housing and making
quite strange jokes whenever together.

Akavi
Akavi, being Cold Steel's son, had met
Predator pretty early on. Predator acts
as the young Viscet's 'uncle', having no
family of his own allows him to easily adopt
Cold Steel's as his long lost family. Predator
constantly teases the younger Viscet,
laughing on and on about how the Air Force
is the best branch. Of course, he is
respectful and helpful toward Akavi,
though he loves jokingly bossing
him around. It annoys Akavi to no
end, but they both laugh about it,
Akavi doing random things to annoy
Predator. At the end of the day,
they call it even and enjoy talking
about their experiences together,
thought Predator has many more than
Akavi so far. They enjoy each other's
company, Akavi reminding Predator
slightly of himself as a young Viscet.

Off We Go wrote:

Into The Wild Blue Yonder wrote:Image
Last edited by SoupPupped on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 20 times in total.
SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Impossible Reality » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am

Not an easy concept to portray on to an "animal" but you did an absolutely fantastic job!!
I will be watching, these entries should be quite entertaining(:
But everybody’s like cristal,
Maybach,
Diamonds on your time piece.
Jet planes,
Islands,
Tigers on a gold leash.
We don’t care,
We aren’t caught up in your love affair.
And we’ll never be royals..
It don’t run in our blood,
That kind of lux just ain’t for us.
We crave a different kind of buzz.
Let me be your ruler,
You can call me queen B
And baby I’ll rule.
Let me live that fantasy.

I'll click yours if you click mine <3 wrote:Image~~Image~~Image~~Image
Image~~Image

Impossible Reality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeldog513 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:21 pm

If any of you entering need relationships my Viscets are always open!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hi there I'm angeldog513, you can call me whatever you like as long as it isn't hurtful though! Send me a PM I'm always looking for new friends or someone to chat with! Also would you please say I referred you here please and thank you!My Viscets My Deviantart
angeldog513

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pterolykus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:25 pm

This is gorgeous! Wish I could go for it but I'm trying out for my zodiac and sadly won't have the time. Good luck to all and an early congrats to the winner of this beautiful babe!
The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. *-Rafiki*
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. *-Les Brown*
Every adventure requires a first step. *-Cheshire Cat*

Please say that I referred you ^^ TY

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Pterolykus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Username: ~Phantom
Name: Myron
Gender for breeding purposes: Male
Personality: Myron, or also known as Myro is quite a smart viscet, although at times he doesn't use the thinking it through strategy, especially when he is annoyed. Myron is a very adventurous and his love for travelling, he often spends his days at new and different places.
Life goal/dream: (250 words min - 700 words max)
Relationships: (optional - max 200 words each, max 4)
2 Extras: (optional - 500 words or 1 piece of art each, no animations/comics - words can be combined)
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me