Based on Click to view
Artist Rix.Helios [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#112 - Khimaira Friesians - Ocean Dreams

Postby Rix.Helios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Color:Silver Blue Roan Seahorse Tobiano Splash
Genetics:

To get her please write a story about her exploring the ocean or her home

Code: Select all
    [b]Owner:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Halter color:[/b]
    [b]Pearl/jewel color (halter):[/b]
    [b]Story:[/b]

End Date: 31st of January
Editing is allowed
Pimping is allowed
No Res(please add basic info to forum at least)
Image Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rix.Helios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #112 - Khimaira Friesians - Ocean Dreams

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Owner: DarkestWerewolf
    Show Name: Abyss of the Ocean
    Barn Name: Sonia
    Halter color: Sky blue
    Pearl/jewel color (halter): Navy blue
    Story:
    Sonia lives in an underwater cave. Why she chose this place to be her humble abode? First of, she wants a place more secluded and away from everyone. A place that she could call a secret and yet home at the same time. She loves a touch of royalty and luxury so a beautiful cave with an aesthetic vibe suits her taste. Every time she comes back from looking for food, she could just swim up and hop onto the rocks to rest and enjoy her meal. If she's tired she gets a choice to either sleep on the rocks and listen to the water softly breaking onto the rocks, the dripping water or go underwater to enjoy peace and quiet.
    Seldom are there any sea creatures that wonders into her home and even so, it really isn't much of a bother. When Sonia isn't out looking for food, she can be seen spending her time on the rocks, grooming herself and admiring her reflection.
Last edited by DarkestWerewolf on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:46 pm

___Arethousa skimmed along just below the surface of the water. Shafts of sunlight broke through the waves, dappling her coat with their tiny beams. The coral reef, its colors bright and its people varied as always, shot by on her right. With a sudden angling upwards, the mare broke the surface of the water. Her light and dark head dripped salty water back into the ocean, and her pale forelock was plastered against her face. With a shiver, she turned and dove back into the sea again.

___There was no place as wonderful as the underwater land, Arethousa realized, tossing her head at the tickle of the bubbles running through her mane. The water swirled and pressed around her powerful legs like a natural massage. A bright orange fish darted across her path, and, without hesitation, she swerved to chase after it. The tiny creature swam in an irregular, zipping pattern, and the hippocampus behind it added a more graceful touch to the dance with her rhythmic strokes.

___Suddenly, she stopped. A great darkness had opened up before her. For a moment, the drop-off held her heart in a grip of sheer terror. The black void seemed to swallow everything up, and she gravitated towards it, its pull drawing her nearer and nearer. Then, with a daring gleam in her eyes, Arethousa plunged down into the secret world of the depths, leaving the warm shallows behind her.

___Her sun-blinded eyes had deceived her. The darkness wasn't nearly so dark as it had seemed from above, nor so deep and endless. The bright rays of light, though dimmed by distance, still permeated the water to this depth. Now she was in the ocean's own palace. She wove through and around the natural archways and columns, catching brief glimpses of little fishes and crustaceans every now and again. An eel, drifting back and forth mesmerizingly, watched with bright eyes from its hidey hole in the rock. Faint beams reflected off the shining sand below.

___Just when she was thinking that the world couldn't get any more beautiful, Arethousa saw it. A great, dark, looming shape rested on the ocean floor in the distance. It was unmistakable, though she'd only ever heard tales of their sunken magnificence. She paused a moment, stunned by her discovery, and then sped off toward the old ship.

___It grew more and more monstrous and grand the closer she got, until she found herself right in front of the magnificent wreck, floating in space and staring into the eyes of the lithe, worn mermaid who had served as figurehead to the ship in years forgotten. Her flowing hair and curling tail were chipped and rotting, but she had maintained her steadfast, determined search of the horizon.

___As Arethousa continued to explore, she fell deeper and deeper into enthrallment. She drifted alongside the hull, gazing in awe at this wonder of the undersea world. Up above, the mast, still intact and standing, thought at something of an angle, held aloft a torn sail that quivered under the slight current. Arethousa was swimming up to get a closer look, enthralled by each new discovery, when a bright flash in the corner of her eye caught her attention.

___Ever the curious one, Arethousa dove down toward the deck in pursuit of the golden blur. All of a sudden, and without any warning, she found herself face-to-face with another hippocampus who seemed to have materialized out of the blue. His melted-caramel eyes smiled at her from behind long, beige locks.

___"Ah, Lorraine," the stranger laughed gently, glancing downward and pawing with one hoof at the deck of the ship, "I thought you were my own little secret."

___"What?" Arethousa blurted out, her violet eyes misted with confusion. "Who's Lorraine? And who are you?"

___The stallion swept his head down in a gentlemanly bow. "I am Yale," he introduced himself, "and this is Lorraine." He gestured to the ship with his head. "Isn't she beautiful?"

___"I - I - what?" Arethousa stammered, still recovering from the horse's sudden appearance.

___"Lorraine," Yale repeated. "The ship. Don't you think she's beautiful?"

___"I... I didn't realize she was a she..." Arethousa managed.

___"Of course she is," Yale nodded solemnly. "Something as lovely as this could only be a woman."

___Arethousa blinked. "I don't understand."

___"Perhaps not," Yale shrugged. "But she's beautiful nonetheless."

___"Certainly," Arethousa agreed, looking around at the ship once again. "How long have you known it - she - was here?"

___"I've been visiting Lorraine almost every day since I was a foal," answered Yale. "But she's been here a lot longer than that. Generations upon generations, storm after storm, time and tide - and still she stands. Makes you feel a bit small, doesn't it?"

___"Quite," was Arethousa's quiet reply.

___"You don't come down this deep often, do you?" Yale asked, tipping his head to one side. Arethousa responded with a shake of her own head, sending her mane cascading in slow motion around her. "Not many do. That's why I hadn't expected to find anyone else visiting my friend here. You're welcome to come and see her whenever you like, of course. I suppose I can't keep her to myself forever, eh?"

___"I suppose not," Arethousa murmured, posed by this strange stallion's unusual manner.

___There was quiet for a moment. Both hippocampi were staring unseeingly at the ship and wondering what to do or say next.

___"You never told me your name," Yale stated.

___Arethousa turned her head toward him. "Oh, right, of course," she blustered. "I'm Arethousa."

___"It's delightful to make your acquaintance, Arethousa," Yale said with a disarming smile.

___"It's nice to meet you, too." Arethousa nodded, silently hoping her less eloquent words weren't too inadequate.

___After another brief silence, Yale suddenly inquired, "I don't suppose you've ever been over to the islands out that way?" He gestured out into the deep blue with his head.

___Arethousa answered in the negative. "Are they nice?" she asked.

___Yale smiled. "Simply magical," he said mysteriously. He glanced upward at the darkening waters above. "And growing more magical by the minute." An adventurous light shone in his eyes. "Do you want to see something even more beautiful than Lorraine?"

___"Is there such a thing?" Arethousa asked incredulously.

___"Come and see for yourself," Yale told her, turning and swimming in the direction of the islands. A grin spread across Arethousa's face. She bolted after him into the unknown.

___By the time the new friends had reached the islands, the sun had passed beneath the horizon and the sky had turned to black velvet and diamond.

___"Won't it be too dark to see... whatever it is?" Arethousa asked as they began their ascent to the surface.

___"Not at all," Yale assured her. "As a matter of fact, the darker, the better." He glanced over at Arethousa's bewildered expression and added, without any more clarity than his previous remark, "You don't easily find a light among lights."

___Arethousa's utter confusion vanished as they came up out of the deep. She didn't know whether it had started gradually, or if the magic had suddenly sprung out of nowhere, but all at once she understood Yale's words.

___A bright blue glow was surrounding her, twinkling like little lights. Arethousa glanced over at Yale, and saw the same sparkles dancing about him. He kept swimming upwards, and she followed. When her head broke the surface, she felt as if she'd just entered another world, one of magic and enchantment. The glowing specks danced across the water, following the fish and crashing onto the shore with the waves. Out away from the island, all was dark, but surrounding the shore and the two hippocampi were tiny, blue, otherworldly glints and glimmers.

___"What―" Arethousa was cut off by a shake of Yale's head. He nodded toward the shallows and headed in that direction. Arethousa followed silently, marveling at what could only be described as pure magic. The flickering lights lit up her path as she swam, eventually dimming and fading as they grew more distant.

___Yale led Arethousa to an archipelago of boulders in the shallows. The oscillating, icy sparks danced up onto the rocks with the waves, then fell away again with them. Arethousa stared wordlessly at them, completely entranced. After a long, beautiful moment, she glanced up at Yale.

___"What are they?" she whispered, fearing to break the spell with her words.

___"The stars of the sea," Yale answered in an eerie whisper, gazing into the shimmering waters. "The souls of those who have followed the ocean's calling too far. The lost sailors and seafarers, bound to the waves that beckoned them on since the first beatings of their hearts." Yale's eyes turned to Arethousa, their warmth enhancing, not diminishing, the myth he wove. "And now they shine in the sea forever, in the endless dance of the tide."

Lyrics from Enya's My, My, Time Flies
Story starring Arethousa and Yale.
font source
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Slots:
1. Image
2. Image

Genetics: Seasea/Zz/RT/Splspl
Breeding info:
- will always pass down Roan or tobiano, but never both
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 am

Owner:

Show Name:
("Seahorse" and "Moon" in Simplified Chinese)

Barn Name:
(Means "Blue" in Simplified Chinese)

(the maximum lifespan for a seahorse)

Halter color:
Something that matches her. I trust your eye Rix <3

Story:
Cast of Characters:
Lán sè
Endymion

Lán sè loved the ocean. The current in her mane, the different
temperatures of the water over her skin. The corals were always so
bright and beautiful. The fish danced around her legs, only caring
about whatever was in their little fish minds at the time. Every once
in a while, a small fish came up and tickled her fins or her ear and
made her giggle. The sun shining down through the water
glimmered on her hide, sending sparkles dancing around her. She
watched the motes floating through the sun beams, enjoying their
slow, seemingly random movements. She breathed deeply, feeling
the water enter her nostrils and flow through her gill-like lungs. She
couldn't imagine a better, more fulfilling life than life at the bottom
of the ocean.
In the distance, she spotted a giant blue whale peacefully gliding
through the water. Her eyes lit up as she watched his movement.
Then her attention was caught by a few jellyfish undulating through
the water near the surface. A school of yellow tangs darted by,
rushing for the outcropping of rock to her left. Suddenly, she
stopped her gaze and stared, open-mouthed, at a red shape behind
the rock. She moved closer to get a better look.
A very handsome stallion was talking to a group of yellow tangs!
She thought they were the same ones that swam by her a minute
ago. She watched him to see what he was doing. She could hear him
speaking to the fish. He was telling them where to find a
particularly tasty patch of algae. He followed them, moving behind
them like a shepherd.
Lán sè was intrigued by the other equine and followed behind him.
The stallion caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of his eye and
turned around to face her. "Hello," he said, his voice rich and deep.
She felt a thrill run through her at the sound of it.
"Hi," she said, a bit shyly. "What are you doing with those fish?"
He glanced behind him at the yellow fish that were darting to and
fro around an algae-covered rock, picking at the green stuff.
"I showed them where to find some good food," he replied.
"Why?"
He blinked. "Well, I don't know really. I just like to help them find
what they like, I guess."
Lán sè thought about that for a moment. "That is really nice of you.
My name is Lán sè."
"I am Endymion. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you, Lán sè," the
red horse bowed his head. "Would... you like to swim with me?"
Lán sè could feel her cheeks grow hot. "I would enjoy that, I think,
Endymion."
They spent the rest of the day exploring the reefs and other areas of
the ocean floor that they called their home. They swam to the
surface to watch the sun set over the horizon. The sky flashed red
and orange as the fiery ball sank lower and finally disappeared. The
colors faded from the sky as the night drew on. The moon rose, a
brilliant white against the blue-black backdrop. The two horses sank
back down to the ocean floor and stood shyly facing each other.
"Would you like to meet with me again tomorrow, Lán sè?" Endymion
asked her.
She looked at him, knowing the answer already.
Last edited by Keen on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelMellyMel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:39 am

Owner:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter color:
Pearl/jewel color (halter):
Story:

Wip!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Watch.Shield.Kill. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 am

Withdrawing. Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by .Watch.Shield.Kill. on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer on CS.

Please don't PM me about trades, Khims, WMEs, or any other business.
.Watch.Shield.Kill.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazycookiemonster » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:59 am

Owner: crazycookiemonster
        Show Name: Lavender Dreams
        Barn Name: Lavi
        Halter color: surprise me
        Pearl/jewel color (halter):
        Story:wip
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Crazycookiemonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schainukan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 am

Withdrawing even though she's lovely.
But it's obvious who'll win and I have little time on my hands.^^
Last edited by Schainukan on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schainukan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Owner: SergeantWinter
Show Name: Shake Down the Thunder