Based on Click to view
Artist SydneyandStorm [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

RVEC #116 - Smoky Cream Lusitano

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 am

So excited to be doing the Around The World event again! Yay! cx

I know this guy kind of messes with any Lusitano babies, but man, his coat is just so pretty, I couldn't resist making a smoky cream <3

For anyone who doesn't know, the Around the World event will have two horses of the same breed from each major region that has made a significant equine breed contribution. Because I will die if I have to make 392 horses for this event, only the regions/countries in which a recognizable breed has been produced will be included; this does not mean your country doesn't count! I just have to keep the horses restricted to the major ones, especially those we don't already have in our sim yet ^^

To win this boy, tell me how he got to be in your stable. Best story wins! I'll be judging this on January 2nd.

Username: Amymay99
Barn: Little Lizard Barn and Stables
Registered name: N/A
Show name: O amor é uma amizade que pega fogo (“Love is friendship set on fire”)
Call name: Dante
Height: 15.2hh
Breed: Lusitano
Discipline: Dressage

Head: 13
Neck: 18
Shoulders: 13
Forelegs: 6
Chest: 15
Barrel: 3
Hindquarters: 18
Hind legs: 5
Feet: 11
Action: 10
Coat: 16

Intelligence: 4
Willingness: 6
Trainability: 8
Natural talent: 9
Training: +10

Attitude: Naughty

Primary association: None
Secondary associations: None

Stud fee: 700c
Breeding status: Private

EE aa CrCr
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RVEC #116 - Smoky Cream Lusitano

Postby caf. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 am

yeah, i'm gonna drop out. after going through the numbers, i just don't feel like he's going to work at Cavallo. best of luck to everyone who enters! i'm gonna leave my entry attached - it was a fun and interesting warmup, and maybe it'll provide some inspiration for someone else!

Username: caf.
Barn: Cavallo Combined Training
Show name: N/A (possibly to be discovered through additional correspondence)
Call name: Rambo
Height: 16.1hh
Stud fee: 388c
Breeding status: Public
How he got to be in your stable:

((i'm just too tired this week to write prose - hope you don't mind me taking a more creative approach! all of these email addresses and phone numbers are entirely fake, of course - the phone numbers are based off words and the emails are what i'd imagine the characters would choose.))

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
So apparently Ally Antonsen is really serious about starting riding - the parents are all in. Look, I can only keep ponying her on Olympus for so long, and I know you don’t trust him an inch with the kids when I don’t have a death grip on him. Honestly, I think it’s about time you referred her to that cute little 4-H farm down the road - we don’t have a single beginner-safe horse on this property.
Hope your trip’s going well - have you seen any decent prospects over there?
- K

judycavallo@cavalloct.net
Kasey, you know as well as I do that Ally isn’t going to leave this farm if she doesn’t have Mallory with her. We’re going to have to figure out something. Why don’t you put her on Atlas?
Ocala is great! I haven’t seen any really notable horses but I’ve seen some very solid ones; I can’t say I’m not impressed. I’ll let you know if I see any mustangs.
- Judy H. Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
Mom, Atlas is an idiot. I’ve never known a draft to buck like that. Might I remind you that Ally’s, like, 8? If you’re suggesting she continue at this stable, we have to get a new horse. I don’t think we can take it on, really. We’ve already got a crap-ton of hotheaded warmbloods and feral ponies. Financially, it doesn’t check out.
Ally can still come visit Mallory, sure, but I doubt it’d be safe for her to go off-lead on any of these horses.
You really should have taken the weanling to Florida with you. He’d have sold well there. He’s got the prettiest movement I’ve ever seen on a non-warmblood.
- K

I know it’s not really purchase price you’re worrying about, Kasey, but Mr. Randall down the road has an old lusitano stallion that he’s willing to drop for a thousand. He’s aging, sure, but according to Randall he’s never had a soundness issue. Randall’s email is hwy189dairycattle@yahoo.com.
The people here are all about their warmbloods - I’d bet a lot of them don’t know what a nokota is.
- Judy H. Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
What, that ugly thing? You know the moment we bought him he’d drop dead in his stall. Not to mention Randall’s neighbors say he’s a speed demon.
- K

He’s not ugly, Kasey, you just don’t have an eye for baroque horses. For that price, you ought to go at least give him a try. They said the same thing about Soda, after all.
- Judy H. Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
Mr Randall,
My mother has taken an interest in your Lusitano stallion for use in the lesson program at Cavallo Combined Training. Is there any opening for myself and/or another rider to come out to your property and try him out? Any further information on the stallion would be greatly appreciated. You are free to respond via email, text, or call; my mobile phone is at 687-8264, and our home number is 228-2556.
Thanks,
- Kasey Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
Alright, here’s the rundown.
I went to go see that lusitano thing the other day - I didn’t tell you right away because I wasn’t sure how everything was going to go afterwards.
Let me tell you that that was one of the worse rides in my life - even though he has decent suspension and all he’s just so prone to bolting and biting, tossing his head, the whole bit. Never did anything overly severe besides the bolting, but I wouldn’t call him kid-safe. Not dangerous, but at first glance I wouldn’t say he’s a lesson horse.
When I got off, though, I noticed he was looking at me kinda strange. Took me about 5 minutes to diagnose him being half-blind. Certainly explains his issue with bolting, considering he couldn’t see virtually anything to his left. Randall hadn’t noticed because he hadn’t been ridden in so long, poor guy. Didn’t bother to tell me he hadn’t been ridden for two years before I got on.
Anyway, Randall called the vet to confirm my suspicion (free vet check), and Kelsey said the same thing I did. So he offered to drop the price to $750.
Look, the rehab on that horse is going to be a pain, but I’m not going to lie and say he couldn’t turn out to be a lesson horse. I mean, he’ll still be a head-tosser, but most kids’ ponies do that anyway. Still ugly as sin.
Was that trial any good? I haven’t gotten any news besides that Romero finished, did you see him at all?
- K

Is he really as ugly as you say he is, or are you just getting freaked out by a roman nose again? I don’t get it, really; I think we need to head to Spain and remind ourselves what the original dressage horses looked like. Attach me some photos.
I do think a rehab job wouldn’t be so bad, anyway - we really could use a lesson horse, it’d bolster our program quite a bit. Plus, that’s an awful good price for a somewhat-finished riding horse, even if he’s been off for awhile. Especially for a sound one.
I got to watch Romero’s stadium round - he was riding the filly you rode while Switch was with him. She’s as feisty as ever. They came in eighth out of fifteen, probably because they had a stop in cross-country. Pretty fair for such a high-caliber competition, I should think. The venues here are incredible.
Now that I think about it, you’ve never told me Randall’s stallion’s name.
- Judy H. Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
[4 images attached]
Yeah, I admit it, I don’t like the roman nose, but that’s just surface-level. Let’s admit it, his barrel is pretty bad - I don’t think anything’s going to fix that in the end. His legs, too, just aren’t that great. He moves nice, anyway. Good neck and fundamentals.
I’m not going to address that first statement.
That’s good to hear. I wonder if she still has that god-awful track twist - I’ll bet you that’s why they had that stop.
You want to hear it? Rambo. Randall calls him Rambo. It’s awful, but I suppose you shouldn’t change the name on an 18-year-old blind horse.
- K

He’s not so bad - I think he's pretty adorable! I also think you're a little judgemental - look at those eyes. There's so much potential there.
Honestly, I don’t think we should pass it up. You know if someone offered you some ugly but sound mustang for that price you’d snap it up in a second. I have to admit that Rambo is pretty bad, but the name is the least of our worries.
Now that I think of it, you could probably get some nice sponsorships for that horse if you rehabilitated him really nice. I remember a few years back some girl won a new barn because she took her deaf horse to regional showjumping champs. He looks like he could make a nice dressage horse.
Someone’s going to have to replace Blur. We don’t really have another horse that Ally can ride - you said it yourself. She’s so young. The stallion used to do pleasure, he can be gentle. You’re just going to have to work with him.
- Judy H. Cavallo

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
Remind me why I keep finding the temptation to buy disabled horses. What is this, the third?
I don’t know if I could win a barn (I wish), but it might get us some good publicity if we bring the blind horse to competitions. I need some practice training before that brumby shipment comes in, anyway - I’m out of practice.
I’ll keep Ally on Olympus until I can ride the ugly thing sideways and backwards without him losing his head. I refuse to call him by that god-forsaken name unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- K

kcavallo@cavalloct.net
[1 file attached]
Mr. Antonsen,
Unfortunately, at this time we do not currently own a finished step-up horse nor do we have the means to obtain one. However, I just purchased an older horse that with some rehabilitation should be a fine match for Ally until the mare is gentle enough for her. Until I am absolutely positive the new horse is safe, she will continue to ride Olympus in lead-line lessons - I would prefer not to turn her off-lead on him, due to a recent incident at a local dressage show.
If Ally would like to participate in my on-ground rehabilitation efforts, I am more than happy to allow her to watch. Attached is the portfolio sent to me by the horse’s old owner.
Ally is also free to rename him, if she pleases.
Cheers,
- Kasey Cavallo
Last edited by caf. on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brindle. » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:27 am

Username: Three Day Eventing
Barn: Flying Creek Stables
Show name: FCS White Light
Call name: Oswald
Height: 16hh
Breeding status: private
How he got to be in your stable: *disclaimer, i got permission from caf too use this idea, NOT REAL EMAILS OR PHONE NUMBERS*

{BellaBell182@gmail.com}
{to: JohnSmithCattle@gmail.com}
{subject: Lusitano herd}

Dear Mr Smith, hello. Im Bella Stevens, I saw you were selling a herd of Lusitanos,and id like too talk about a purchase. I bought a warmblood from you, from the auction house, a while ago. Seeing Lusitanos will help my business increase wonderfully, as the breed is perfect for dressage, maybe even three day eventing. The Spain originated horse, would make a wonderful home. Im interested in the smokey cream one, the Stallion, id prefer for him too stay a stallion, and if I need too ill geld him. But I do want some foals. Thank you for your time
Bella Stevens of Flying Creek English Riding Stables (FCS)

{JohnSmithCattle@gmail.com}
{to: AbigailSmithBreeding@gmail.com}
{subject: Oswald}

Hey Abby, its me, your father. Im emailing you for business. Bella Stevens, of Flying Creek English Riding Stables (FCS) has recently emailed me about purchasing Oswald, our smokey cream Lusitano stallion. She would like him too stay a stallion, and be used for dressage and/or breeding. I haven't decided on a price, but what do you think.

{AbigailSmithBreeding@gmail.com}
{to: JohnSmithCattle@gmail.com}
{subject: yes!}

Hey dad, I read your email, and yes. She would be the perfect buyer. I, myself would not work with him and give him the attention he truly needs. Thanks. - Abigail.

{JohnSmithCattle@gmail.com}
{to: BellaBell182@gmail.com}
{subject: he's yours}

Dear Miss. Stevens, I would like too announce, that Oswald, our smokey cream Lusitano is now yours, please come by my stable in the next week and retrieve him.
Last edited by brindle. on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

©

Ω▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌─────────────────────┐

'ello I'm not going to go by my real
name on here, so just call me alex xx
i ride horses, and own a few
im bisexual and confused about life
i love broadway musicals

└─────────────────────┘
ImageImage
┌─────────────────────┐
link - link - link - link - link - link - link

└─────────────────────┘
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Ω▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Ω
┌──────────────┐

farouche / shy
honestly I'm a disappointment
space / tb gelding
cassie / qh x tb mare
mira / warmblood mare
eli / halflinger gelding

└──────────────┘

brindle.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Albino_ » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:03 am

Username:
Barn:
Show name:
Call name:
Discipline:
Stud fee:
Breeding status:

Reserved with how he was in a kill pen and shimmied his way into a trailer full if donkeys
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Alb | she/her | EST
RVS(CDH Barn) CDH Whisps
I am a mother of 2 and work 4
days a week, I own a horse and
a maine coon
🌿🌿🌿
Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amymay99 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Show name: O amor é uma amizade que pega fogo (“Love is friendship set on fire”)

I came across Dante by chance encounter, originally i had gone to view a grey lustiano mare but as i walked into the yard and past the stallions, he caught my eye. His coat was stunning and I couldn't help but watch him for a moment. I resisted the urge to stop completely just to watch but I was here for the mare.

After I had looked at the mare and said my farewells to the owner I went home to make the decision regarding the mare.

The next morning I received a phone call, they had been offered more for the mare and I reluctantly had to back down.

A few hours later I answered my phone once more, It was the owner of the lustiano's. He said that he had a stallion that I could view if i wished. I still had my heart set on finding a lustiano and so agreed to go back up to the stud in three days.

When i arrived i scanned the fields looking for the smokey cream i had seen a few days prior but to my disappointment couldn't spot him.

The owner came down to greet me and took me up to the stables once more, he lead me to a stall in the far right. It took a moment but when i looked up at the horse standing before me i was almost speechless. It was the stallion from before.

He was even more gorgeous up close, but i couldn't even start to imagine what he was going to cost.

That day I ended up walking away with the horse of my dreams and a very empty pocket...but it was all worth it.

It doesn't matter how negative something is.
Just add "LOL" and it'll automatically become positive! ❤︎

Female | RWBY Fan | Anime Addict | Danganronpa Obsessed

Hiya, my name is Amymay99 but feel free to call me Amy or May. I enjoy volley ball and ride horses whenever I can. I am an animal management student and love reptiles and own many of my own.
I love cartoons, anime, manga, films, TV and games, i am obsessed with Danganronpa!

Little Lizard Stables | Norrsken Horses | Kuma-Ferrets
Amymay99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi all,

These are all excellent entries so far! I'm realizing now that January 2nd has kind of snuck up on everyone and was ergo a rather poor choice for the deadline for a story competition -- I'm super sorry about that! As a result, I'm going to give you all two more days to add anything to your entries that you'd like so that you don't have to feel rushed or anything -- so if you'd like to make edits, go for it, and if not, that's perfectly fine ^^ I just want to make up for asking you all to do so much in the middle of the holidays!

I look forward to judging this in two days -- I know it's going to be a hard one! ^^'
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:34 am

Amymay99 wrote:

I came across Dante by chance encounter, originally i had gone to view a grey lustiano mare but as i walked into the yard and past the stallions, he caught my eye. His coat was stunning and I couldn't help but watch him for a moment. I resisted the urge to stop completely just to watch but I was here for the mare.

After I had looked at the mare and said my farewells to the owner I went home to make the decision regarding the mare.

The next morning I received a phone call, they had been offered more for the mare and I reluctantly had to back down.

A few hours later I answered my phone once more, It was the owner of the lustiano's. He said that he had a stallion that I could view if i wished. I still had my heart set on finding a lustiano and so agreed to go back up to the stud in three days.

When i arrived i scanned the fields looking for the smokey cream i had seen a few days prior but to my disappointment couldn't spot him.

The owner came down to greet me and took me up to the stables once more, he lead me to a stall in the far right. It took a moment but when i looked up at the horse standing before me i was almost speechless. It was the stallion from before.

He was even more gorgeous up close, but i couldn't even start to imagine what he was going to cost.

That day I ended up walking away with the horse of my dreams and a very empty pocket...but it was all worth it.

Congrats, amymay99! This story is so cute, and I love how you incorporated the other Lusitano into your story and the funny ending ^^ This was a hard one to judge, though -- good job to both of you!
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amymay99 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 am

Ahhh thank you so much!

Hiya, my name is Amymay99 but feel free to call me Amy or May. I enjoy volley ball and ride horses whenever I can. I am an animal management student and love reptiles and own many of my own.
I love cartoons, anime, manga, films, TV and games, i am obsessed with Danganronpa!

Amymay99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amymay99 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 am

Can i train him please?

Amymay99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

Dante earned +2 in training.