Viscet #645 - OPEN!! by captain-mongoose

Based on Click to view
Artist captain-mongoose [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #645 - OPEN!!

Postby captain-mongoose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:00 pm

a fairly simple design this time! again i am without tablet, so i'm sorry for the quality :/ but would ya look at that, my uncommon bab!

anyway, this will be a competition where you may have to do a little research, so i'm sorry for those of you that rent too fond of that! but anyway, tell me what greek mythology character you think represent them the most. i'll be judging mainly on the reason why, and the name you choose for them will also be a big factor! PLEASE look through forms to make sure your person/creature hasn't been used yet. i don't want like 11 zeus ones lol. i guess i'll accept 3 of each one? also, how did he break his tail? (this one won't be judged harshly, honestly i just want to see what you guys come up with!)

Code: Select all
username:
name:
why do they represent them?:
how did he break his tail?:

prettying up is fine and encouraged, and you made add only 2 art extras and 1 piece of writing. the word limit for the writing will be 1500 words, and comics are not allowed, though animations are.

the lines for the tail are obviously custom and done with a trackpad so please forgive me.

end date is may 7th!!
Last edited by captain-mongoose on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taking a hiatus, unsure of how long. don't really know what to say other than i'm sorry. just got out of a serious, long-term relationship and it ended pretty badly. sorry if i don't respond to your pms or comments, kinda taking a mental health break.
captain-mongoose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #645 - OPEN!!

Postby cvpidxpng » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 pm

MARKKK
OML IM IN LOVE ;-;

Save with Demeter!
Please dunt steal, I researched a lot ><
Last edited by cvpidxpng on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❤❤
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 pm

username:
☁Lady Raincloud☁
name:
Oyster
their greek counterpart:
Odysseus
Odysseus, king of Ithaca in Homer's epic The Odyssey, was renowned for his brilliance and guile, often giving him the nickname of "the cunning". In the Green versions of the tale, Odysseus takes the part of a hero, and these traits and his feats are all celebrated. However, as the Romans considered themselves the decadents of Aeneas, prince of Troy, they saw Odysseus (whom they called Ulysses) as a villain. In The Iliad, prior to the events of The Odyssey, Odysseus and his men fought Troy, and, in Virgil's Aeneid, he is referred to as "Cruel Ulysses". The Greeks praised him for his wit, cunning, and deceit, whereas the Romans thought these shameful, dishonorable traits.

Overall, the figure of Odysseus has both merits and faults. According to some, even his name derives from the Greek for the word "trouble", though some sources note it may be derived from the Grecian word of "οδυσσομαι", or "odyssomai", which means "To Hate". While he is very brave, and exceedingly talented with his lies, he is typically undone by his pride, which lead to the death of all his men in his ten years journey back home.

why do they represent them?:
Recklessly determined and stubborn, Oyster could easily be compared to Odysseus, or even is roman Counterpart, Ulysses. Oyster is devoted to doing whatever is necessary for success of whatever side he is on, even, possibly, at the cost of his own life. He can easily become competitive and challenging, and not ever word he says is truthful. While he cannot be truly referred to as "the hated", like Odysseus, he's made many mistakes due to his pride, and some enemies as well. He's not easily forgiven, nor dies he himself easily forgive.

However, he is loyal to those he comes close to. If it comes down for it, he would risk his skin to save their hides if they're in big trouble. However, ignorance or weakness in his friends he quickly frowns upon. It'll not make him truly dislike them, but he'll definitely correct and instruct, like an old ship's captain.

how did he break his tail?:
Similarly to Odysseus' boar hunting scar, he received it as a "young man", per say. With his small viscet family he was out on an exciting hunt, when they were attacked by a wolf. The wolf seemed to be maddened, and, despite being alone and facing a group of viscets, did not back down. Eventually, Oyster and his father had to kill the other animal to stop it, and, as a result, the creature in return snapped Oyster's tail as a leaving remark.

They did not successfully kill it, and Oyster slightly regrets that. Not only did it break his tail, but, as it seemed quite savage, it would likely hurt and kill many other animals in their territory. Oyster keeps a watch for now for any invading wolves.
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain-mongoose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:02 pm

hey just letting everyone know i was bein dumb and for some reason i thought the fox tail was an uncommon trait, so i have to fix that!
taking a hiatus, unsure of how long. don't really know what to say other than i'm sorry. just got out of a serious, long-term relationship and it ended pretty badly. sorry if i don't respond to your pms or comments, kinda taking a mental health break.
captain-mongoose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain-mongoose » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:20 pm

fixed... kinda? i had to redraw the tail completely and it looks horrible, but I'm going to incorporate it into the competition.
captain-mongoose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D Δ L E

Postby steamplonk » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:01 pm

ʊֆɛʀռǟʍɛ

steamplonk

ռǟʍɛ

dale

ɢɛռɖɛʀ

trans male

ɢʀɛɛᏦ ƈօʊռᏆɛʀքǟʀᏆ

icarus (Ἴκαρος)

Icarus is the son of Daedalus, the creator of the labyrinth, a neverending maze desgined to trap the Minotaur for the King of Crete, King Minos. Daedalus and Icarus were imprisioned by the King to prevent their knowlege of the Labyrinth from spreading. Minos demanded that Daedalus fashion a ball of string to help his daughter navigate the labyrinth and kill the Minotaur.
Daedalus tries to escape the island by making wax and feather wings for Icarus and himself. Before leaving, Daedalus warns not to fly too high, as the sun would melt the wings, or too low, where the sea water would clog and dampen the wings.
Overcome by giddiness, Icarus forgets his father's warnings and flies extremely close to the sun. Soon, all his feathers are scorched, and he plummets into the sea, drowning in the sea now named after him, the Icarian Sea.

ɦօա ɖօ Ꮖɦɛʏ ʀɛքʀɛֆɛռᏆ Ꮖɦɛʍ?

Dale is always bold, courageous, and curious. He's also stupid.

Dale can't turn down a good "daredevil" opportunity. He claims he "lives on the verge of life"- and that's hardly ever a good thing.
He never thinks twice when doing things, and his actions are always on impulse. Dale also can never sit still, and generally never stops talking. He can be obnoxious, loud, and dumb, but he never has bad intentions, and never wants to hurt anybody, like Icarus.

Despite being a daredevil, Dale is actually incredibly clumsy. He can barely walk a step without tripping over his own paws. All his friends playfully tease him and call him "the big goof."

Just to add fuel to the fire, he's just as curious as he is reckless. He tries to eat everything. And I mean, everything. Fire, water, wind, your homework, metal, you name it. It'll be chewed up if you leave it with him.

In summary, like Icarus, he's the kind of kid when told not to touch the stove, immediately touches the stove and burns himself.

ɦօա ɖɨɖ ɦɛ ɮʀɛǟᏦ ɦɨֆ Ꮖǟɨʟ?

Simalar to Icarus, he has a fascination with aviation and the mechanics of bird wings.
Unfortunately, this also meant that he injures himself quite often.
His broken tail is the result of him literally jumping off a cliff with foam feathers taped to his arms when he was a kit. He only barely escaped with his tail (and dignity.)
However, so many other viscets ask him about it, he often glorifies it.
"Ah yes, this battle wound? I was quickly sprinting torwards a cliff, determined to make history and be the first viscet to fly! I was only a kit, but I had built a genius machine that would definitely had worked, but alas- somebody had tempered with my masterpiece! Unbelievable, no? And no, I don't know who did it. But, I bravely leaped off the cliff, and I flew! I flew, I'm telling you! However, my brilliant contraption soon couldn't handle my amazingness, and broke down on me. It was still perfect, of course- but not as perfect as me. I barely escaped with my life. Ladies, gents, don't worry- I'm fine, you don't have to moon over me."
Last edited by steamplonk on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby r.ddler » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:43 pm

posting with prometheus

username: Kaarin
name: Arty (Arthur)
their greek counterpart: Prometheus
why do they represent them?: Prometheus is symbolically the protector and benefactor of mankind, he gave fire to the people after Zeus hid it from them, and protected them from Zeus's wrath. Arthur is a viscet x titan offspring. Not demigod, but much more volatile.
how did he break his tail?: Once caught by Zeus, never again. But that one incident left him scarred, his bones twisted and fused painfully when he didn't have the energy or the time to properly heal his tail. Luckily, Arty hasn't been chained to a stone slab as bird food. Yet.
Last edited by r.ddler on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
r.ddler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mellifluous » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:44 pm

username: Mellifluous
name: Eliseo
their greek counterpart: Hestia
why do they represent them?: Hestia is the Greek Goddess of hearth, family, warmth. She was a very mild and gentle, kind goddess. Due to this she is considered a bit bland and forgettable, often excluded from stories
how did he break his tail?: Due to his kindness and naivete, he was taken advantage of and locked in a closet
He was forgotten there and when someone came to open the closet they didnt even notice his curled up little body anf accidentally stepped on him and crushed his tail
Last edited by mellifluous on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mellifluous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moony » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:49 am

username: Luna
name: Weryn
their greek counterpart: Athena, goddess of intelligence
why do they represent them?: They are both cunning, intelligent, and they both overthink things, to the point where they just don't even do it. Along with that, Weryn was always good in school, and has always wanted to study Greek mythology, or just mythology or religions, as he finds them fascinating. Athena is also his favorite.
how did he break his tail?: Being the careful guy he is, Weryn was walking along the shore line, when he found a puppy! It was sad and alone, and it walked with a limp. He decided to pick it up and carry it home, but not before it licked his leg. He started to panick, and whacked his tail down really hard. The puppy was okay, but he broke his tail. He now lives with the puppy (her name is, ironically Athena)
i just wished he liked me back...

Deviant Art | ToyHouse

No matter how you get there or where you end up,
human beings have this miraculous gift to make that place home
ImageImage
Moony

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gp5 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 am

Pulling out.
Last edited by gp5 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gp5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me