Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #494- Closed for judging

Postby Strudel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:15 am

Name: Canicus
Owner: iBrevity

The marking goes on the un-shown shoulder (it is the size depicted) and it means love (er, that's what the internet says anyhow, I do not know Mandarin or Cantonese and I'm not sure if this is traditional or simplified) I figured since it's near Valentines day... lol
Anyhow, this is the first Chinese New Year celebrated viscet.
Since this is the year of the fire monkey, I went with mostly red and black tones.
This is the simple one, because I didn't think all of the CNY viscets needed to be complex designs lol (even if that is tempting)

Form
Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Viscet's favorite zodiac animal[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Viscet's favorite holiday dish[/u][/b]:

-You can include explanations to the questions (no more than one-hundred words each)
-You are allowed two extras (can be anything, but can't total more than five hundred words all together)
-"prettying up" is allowed.
-You can include a picture of the favorite holiday dish without it counting against your extras.

Ending Date: 2/13/16

Mutations:
smol horns- uncommon

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2960012][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2449879&size=large&format=png&rev=1454959347[/img][/url]
Last edited by Strudel on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #494

Postby Dragonets-of-destiny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:26 am

UsernameDragonets-Of-Destiny
NameCendres de combustion, or just Cendres, French for Burning Ashes
GenderMale
Viscet's favorite zodiac animal: Although Cendres is the Zodiac Monkey, Cendres loves the Ox. He believes that it shows how strong you are and how well you can trust yourself to carry the weight of what your given.
Viscet's favorite holiday dishCendres loves Lumpia, a Philippines food dish. He loves it because it contains meat and greens, which shows a good balance of both protein and carbs. Also it is very delicious!
Extra 1: Image Lawl
Extra 2: Before we start the story, Cendres will have all his personality traits hidden in here, like his quick thinking, hidden emotions, toughness, and how loyal he is. Also I got permission from Fox, to use there Viscet Duft in my story!
One Chinese New Year:
Cendres padded through his tiny secluded house, as he didn’t like the city, with all the people and Viscet’s. His best friend Duft seemed to like the city though, which made Cendres only want to teach him more on the bad things in the city. ‘There are muggers, and thieves, and creepy things. Here out in the forest nothing can hurt you.’ Cendres had always told Duft. But Duft just gave Cendres a small smile and would clasp his hooves together. ‘Yes, but there are also shops, and lights, and….. girls.’ Duft would always counter. Cendres would just playfully bat his nose with a paw and huff. But today Cendres couldn’t be mad because today was his favorite day of the year, Chinese New Year. Not only did he get to see Duft and eat his favorite food, Lumpia, but he got to see the fireworks shoot off the rooftops and the loud yells of joyful people and Viscets. Cendres quickly padded over to his oven, the Lumpia turning a nice crisp golden brown. The smell of it filled his tiny house, making his mouth water. He closed the oven, guessing he only had a couple of minutes left before the Lumpia was fully cooked. Cendres hurried over to his small desk table, gently moving the small bamboo plant labeled ‘Fredrick’, and placing a red lit candle. Cendres checked the small kitty clock on the wall and saw that Duft should be arriving any moment. A smile formed on his maw as Cendres swept across his small corridors in a light slide of his feet on the glossy wooden floor. The doorbell rang as Cendres carried a small vase of Dragon Tongue flowers with him to the door. He opened it quickly, greeted by Duft’s signature smile. Cendres smiled wide and went in for a hug, Duft rolling his eyes as Cendres gave him a squeeze. Duft gave a laugh.
“I’ve started to notice we seem to do this every year. That same hug, the same flowers…. It’s perfect!” Duft told him with a small chuckle. Cendres joined him and laughed a little, handing Duft the vase of flowers. Duft thanked him.
“Uh if you don’t mind closing the door behind you bud, I got the Lumpia in the oven!” Cendres called over his shoulder as he scurried back over to the oven. Duft raised his eyebrows, clearly amused and shut the door. Cendres pulled out the Lumpia, which looked like a present on Christmas to Cendres. He set the dish down and Duft joined him in eating. They were almost all gone when the fireworks started. Cendres led Duft to the window where they enjoyed the bright flashes of light together. A dragon firework filled the night sky; Duft gave an ‘Awe!’ as it exploded in its burst. Cendres looked over at his buddy and knew, Chinese New Year wasn’t about the food, or the fireworks, but who you spend it with.
Last edited by Dragonets-of-destiny on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I quit.
Dragonets-of-destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:29 am

You don't have to include the picture as an extra if you don't want (since it is just the food you have to put in the form anyhow)
You can just put it with the other section, and then it doesn't count against you extra limit (of course you can leave it as-is if you like too)
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly. » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:30 am

[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Viscet's favorite zodiac animal[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Viscet's favorite holiday dish[/u][/b]:
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:32 am

Image Hi there! My name is Loenna :3
Image Mei
Image Female

Mei wrote:I really love the Dragon! It's just so beautiful and mysterious and its really the only zodiac animal thats like a mythical one which to me makes it all the more interesting. I am fascinated by creatures from mythology.

Mei wrote:I really enjoy 'New years rice cake' known as 'Nian gao' it is considered good luck to eat this and is meant to bring good fortune all year round.

Mei is a very easygoing character who tends to be chill about everything, it is very rare that you will see her stressed. She manages to cheer everyone else around her up with her comedic manner and her "glass half full" attitude. Mei prides herself on her art and is extremely creative. She has a passion for tattoo art and enjoys making up her own designs even though she has no one to tattoo. When she was younger you would often find her with felt tip pens colouring in a barbie dolls arm! As well as the drawing side of art, Mei has a passion for sculpting and working with clay she enjoys making a whole range of different animals and then using teeny tiny brushes to paint in the most minuscule detail on them. Due to her love of mythology, she adores making clay dragons, fairies and unicorns. Fascinated by Roman Mythology, she is very knowledgeable on all the Gods and Goddesses and the heroes of the time, so much so that she often comes up with fun facts to tell her friends, often ones that they have all heard several times before as she never stops talking about what she likes!

Mei is also interested in cultures from around the world and adores trying new cuisine. She is originally from China so chinese food has her heart but she also enjoys eating food from Thailand and also Japan. Her favourite non-chinese food is Sushi and she often has it as a treat to reward herself for something she is proud of doing.

Mei really doesn't like Horror films as despite her chilled out nature she does jump quite easily when there's a sudden noise or movement, often making a squeal noise too as she jumps (which her friends laugh at). She also doesn't like bad weather especially thunder storms and heavy rain. Yet again, she doesn't like the loud noises of thunder. Of course being an artist some of her pet hates are accidentally dripping paint on her work or something not going the way she imagines it in her head. Cracking one of her sculptures and then having to repair it also annoys her.

Lots of her friends look up to her as the motherly figure of the group as she is always looking out for the others to check they are alright and is also super organized. She doesn't tend to procrastinate and manages to fit chores around her hobbies perfectly. Something that everyone envies and wishes they could do. As well as that, Mei is extremely good at problem solving and often finds the perfect solution. Lots of her friends go to her when they want advice about something and she is perfectly happy to help them out and she likes knowing she has made someones day a lot better.

To sum up, Mei is a chilled out artistic mythology nerd who loves food and is way more organized than the majority of the population.

[500/500]

Last edited by Loenna on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonets-of-destiny » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am

Strudel wrote:You don't have to include the picture as an extra if you don't want (since it is just the food you have to put in the form anyhow)
You can just put it with the other section, and then it doesn't count against you extra limit (of course you can leave it as-is if you like too)

Oh thanks so much! I will possibly be trying art, I'm not to good though XD
I quit.
Dragonets-of-destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sashiyaki » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am

He's so coot but I gotta drop out. ;3;
Last edited by sashiyaki on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

────────────────
sashiyaki - sashi
✦local eldritch demon✦
✦i like frogs✦
────────────────
sashiyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 am

Username: Grifforik
Name: Máóhk Draken (Red dragon)
Viscet's favorite zodiac animal: The Dragon. He's got a pure fascination for the dragon's of legend and was born in the year of the dragon.
Viscet's favorite holiday dish:
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:51 am

Username: Dave Egbert
    Name: Talos
    Viscet's favorite zodiac animal: The Ox
    Viscet's favorite holiday dish: Adding ;)
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:00 am

Username:
iBrevity

Name:
Canicus
(a Latinized Irish name meaning 'born of fire')

Viscet's favorite zodiac animal:
To anyone who might ask that was not a friend Canicus would say dragon unhesitatingly. It fits his bright colors and sharp eyes. But privately his favorite zodiac animal is and always will be the rabbit, for he admires the animals in real life for their tenacity and admires those born under the sign for a similar trait. He likes Viscets who won't stop even when they're told it's hopeless and this is a common characteristic to those born under the rabbit's sign. He aspires to be more like that on days it's difficult for him to keep going too.
[100/100]

Viscet's favorite holiday dish:
Canicus' favorite holiday dish is Tangyuan, a meal made up of small rice balls served in sweet syrup and sometimes filled with sweet things like fruit paste. Canicus likes the overwhelming sugary taste of the food and has a particular soft spot for the ones filled with chocolate. He prefers the colored ones for the looks alone though he will happily consume the more common white dumplings as well. He does not like when they are filled with salty foods as they frequently are in northern China and will decline them if offered if he's aware they're full of vegetables.
[100/100]

Viscet's closest companion:
Canicus' best friend is Zadocwithout question. Canicus joined Nemo's pack by virtue of needing some safety in the wilds and did not expect to stay for longer than a winter. He is often ill at ease around others, uncomfortable in conversation and always fiddling with something on the ground or in his mouth so he thought this pack would be the same; he'd eventually tire of their constant meddling and move on. What he did not plan on was Zadoc.

Zadoc is quite a lot like Canicus actually. He's quiet, reserved; he doesn't engage in conversation without obvious reluctance. He tends to prefer his own company and that of the rain. He fits into the pack only because Nemo likes to lay beside him on the grass on rainy nights and peer up at the stars and who Nemo likes gets to stay. Canicus stumbled on Zadoc after he had been with the pack with a couple of days and didn't recognize him as a fellow member until Zadoc turned to look at him and asked shortly if he was lost. Canicus remembers the day vividly for it had been raining all morning and his fur was grossly wet and yet there sat Zadoc, out in the middle of a clearing, rainwater streaming off the lines of his face and his fur. He looked comfortable, peaceful, his expression only pinched with Canicus' interruption.

"No," Canicus had said. "I'm just looking for somewhere dry to lay down."

Zadoc had laughed, a pleasant if not throaty sound. "Somewhere dry?" He repeated, tilting his head back to look up at the sky, the rain easing furrows down his face. "Whyever would you want to do that? The rain is warm today."

For a moment Canicus had stayed crouched in the tree line, watching, but when Zadoc offered nothing more he crept forward. He eventually had sat down beside Zadoc, curling his tail around his body, pressing his front paws together to converse his body heat. The rain was surprisingly warm, a fact Canicus had not registered during his search for shelter. It felt nice even, the fresh water whisking away the chill his damp pelt had left him with. Soon after he began to smile, Zadoc watching him out of the corner of his eye.

"The snow is not as pleasant," Zadoc had said after they had sat together for near on an hour, "So the rain should be cherished, you see?"

Canicus hurried to agree, his ears pressed back with the weight of the water but his body comfortable. The rain had eased the tangles from his fur, the dirt from between his toes. It felt relaxing, warm. Zadoc had asked him how long he was going to stay with the pack a little while afterward and Canicus had said, "I think for a while," surprising himself. But he did not come to doubt the decision, even as he integrated himself more fully and made friends with all of them. Zadoc became his constant companion shortly thereafter.
[500/500]

Last edited by iBrevity on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me