#3913 || Bay Roan Black Chim. Irr. Brindle by sprig

Based on Click to view
Artist sprig [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#3913 || Bay Roan Black Chim. Irr. Brindle

Postby sprig » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:29 am

NOTE: If ANY of these Halloween Tolts EVER breed, they MUST be bred by me and me only. If they are bred by any other artist I will ask that the foal be taken down, and the breeding slot still be used up. Thank you :3

The third of my Halloween Tolters! I am absolutely in love... And am tempted to keep...
This one is based very loosely on bats. To win him, read below!
Notes on my Set:
- The Wings and Tooth are accessories and are not apart of the Tolter. Think of it as a Halloween Costume.
- You can enter for as many as you would like, but you can only win one.

Username: Stumpy STMP
Name: Paole
Coat Color: Bay Roan Black Chimeric with Irregular Brindling
Eye Color: Orange
Sire:
Sire:
Breeding Notes:
- The hair edits, brindling, wings, and tooth cannot be passed down.
- No two of this set can breed.
- The Bats cannot pass, and neither can the facial markings.
- Dyed hair cannot pass.

Contest: Impress me with the given sections.
Word limit: 15,000 overall max (headers and words on art don't count.)
End Date: November 1st
Extras? Art? Prettying?: Absolutely! Up to 3 extras. (this is like history, more art, (each piece counts as 1) ect.)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    (Optional) [b]2 Art Pieces:[/b] (can be ordered or made by you, as simple or as complicated as you wish)
(Optional) [b]3 Extras:[/b]
Last edited by sprig on Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #3913 || Bay Roan Black Chim. Irr. Brindle

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:37 am

I cede.
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rook. » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:40 am

username: cairo.
show name: Devil's Advocate
barn name: Sierra

∙ ♔・♕・♔ ∙

personality:
Sierra is an out-spoken, feisty mare. She can be pretty aggressive and
domineering at times but she always means the best. She's very blunt
however, so at times she comes across as rude. Her sense of adventure
contradicts her realist out-look on life. She's personable and friendly
but she can hold a grudge endlessly and will be absolutely ruthless,
almost to the point of flat out cruelty. Sierra is very passionate about
her opinions and isn't very open-minded to different ideas. And more
than anything, she can't stand stupidity. At all. Sierra is practical and
independent and can't understand why anyone would want to be
anything else.

∙ ♔・♕・♔ ∙

competes in:
dressage and vaulting
Sierra was trained in dressage ever since her 3rd birthday and has been
extremely successful. However a couple years ago, her training and
competing was put on hold as her rider was hospitalized. Because of
her already smooth gait, one of the young stablehands began to practice
vaulting with her as exercise. At first Sierra was mildly horrified with the
whole thing but with time and patience she became used to ignoring the
strange creature squirming around on her back unless they were sitting
properly. She still does the occasional performance or practice session
but her main event, and favorite, is dressage.

∙ ♔・♕・♔ ∙

theme song: flawless
companion: reina
art: xx, xx
Last edited by rook. on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
rook.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:48 am

f f f f f f
    vin i may just have to enter for two
    depends how much hw i get this weekend tbh
    if i enter, i'll use the name Crœnus
Last edited by feverrr on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Paole

Postby Half Tree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 am

ImageImageImage
Username: Stumpy STMP
Name: Paole
Wikipedia wrote: Two famous vampire cases, the first to be officially recorded, involved the corpses of Petar Blagojevich and Arnold Paole from Serbia. [snipped] In the second case, Paole, an ex-soldier turned farmer who allegedly was attacked by a vampire years before, died while haying. After his death, people began to die in the surrounding area and it was widely believed that Paole had returned to prey on the neighbours.
2 Art Pieces: (1) headshot w/show braids (2) running colour-in
3 Extras: (1) history (2) short story (3) nameplate art

....................................................................................................................................
Personality
This stallion is a rather charming fellow and when we were looking for his costume a vampire was too good to pass up. Besides his bat shaped markings his classic ability to worm into the hearts of all he meets is rather similar to the classic vampires' ability to enthral victims with a simple look. For the most part though he doesn't drain his 'victims' of anything but energy as he trains like he breathes, all the time. Even when he isn't being ridden you can catch him out in the pasture making complicated steps and moves usually reserved for the show ring. Of course if he sees you he does the classic move of nonchalantly acting like he tripped and plods off slowly.

....................................................................................................................................
History
Born into money the little colt was enveloped in warmth and the best levels of care. Of course he didn't understand that his owners had all this wealth nor did he understand the monetary system, but this fact would play a huge roll in his life to come. The stable owners were quick to marvel at the tiny chimeric colt and were already in the process of making plans for his future career. Looks are nice but studs get more attention and value if they have an illustrious career to top everything off. So once he was about a week old they were already noting his way of moving smoothly, and coming from a top line of dressage horses they weren't surprised. They raised the colt as their shining star and once he could start training they were delighted to see he was amazing in the ring. Of course there were pumps in the road and plenty of learning curves but compared to other prospects he had the most promise. However it was soon realized the feisty colt was rather disinterested in training. Unlike most of their other animals he wasn't as motivated to please his rider if anything he was more interested in what the other horses around him were up to. The trainer recommended trying him with a partner a few times and see if he would be more engaged. His bloodline isn't all dressage horses after all there were a few prominent racers on his sire's side and everyone started suspecting he has the heart for direct competition. So thus started his training with an equine partner of a higher calibre. His training quickly took a brighter turn, him fully focused on training and surpassing the other horse in skill. It worked well enough, until the day he realized he was doing better than most of the partners they put with him now, plus when he actually went into shows without that partner there, he became rather lazy not feeling the need to actually beat anyone. He still rated well however and made them a good bit of money, but as a show pony they couldn't find any motivation for him and were soon busy training the next line up of youngsters. This is the part of the story where our Serpentine rider/co-owner Phoenix saw him at a competition, instantly falling in love with the lazy but still spunky stallion, so we ended up negotiating a sale. So now starts our chapter of his story but that is best left to another time.

Short Story
I'm sitting on the railing of the pasture and watching Phoenix work with Paole, the two have a natural flow but Paole's lack of motivation disrupts it. It has been two months and Paole still hasn't gotten any better with his motivation and I can tell Phoenix is getting frustrated though he keeps it hidden around the horse. We are planning on mucking out the large broodmare pasture once he finished with his ride, so I am balancing a radio on my knees plus the wheelbarrow and manure forks propped up behind me. In my boredom I start fiddling with my ponytail trying to get it out of my face, as I lift my arms to pull it back Phoenix rides by and slaps my knee with a smirk on his face. The contact makes me lose my balance and I just barely grab the railing before slipping forward off the tall fence to land on my face. However, the radio doesn't have as fast reflexes (or any appendages I suppose) to keep its place in my lap and drops to the ground. We had it at max volume on a rock station and as it bands into the ground manages to hit the on button. Of course we now have Another One Bites The Dust by Queen blasting around the paddock and we both freeze expecting Paole to freak out at this sudden noisy intrusion to the peaceful afternoon. To our surprise he is standing stock stick listening intently, then continues with the routine as if the music wasn't there. Yet he wasn't acting as he usually does, his hooves didn't drag in the grass anymore, his knees were coming up higher, and if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes I would hardly believe it seems his hooves hit the earth to the beat of the song. Phoenix while clearly delighted has an odd look on his face and keeps glancing at the radio, slowly piecing one and two together. The song ends and he pulls Paole to a stop and stares up at me in wonder, "Am I crazy or does my horse love rock music?"
---
Now skipping ahead a few weeks Phoenix and Paole had been training hard, and always with rock music playing. Anytime you were wondering where to find them you just had to follow your ears. So now the two are ready to go out into the ring and participate in their debuting show as a team. I am excited and a bit nervous as to how Paole will handle his first show since the change in ownership. Paole is already looking rather bored as he goes out expecting it to be like his old trainers, that while the actual training is fun the show part would be boring. Little did the horse know he was participating in freestyle dressage to music, and it would be everything he wants it to be. Phoenix pushes him forward into the correct gate and gives the signal for the music. The second it starts up you can see Paole's attitude do a 360 and he perks up quickly matching the beat of the song. As they run through their set I can't help but grin the whole time and the second they finish I am on my feet and running to where Phoenix was dismounting. "You did it!" I sneak-attack style hug him and then give the sweaty horse a big kiss too. They were the second of a long line of contestants to I brought a brush kit to give Paole a quick once over before going back into public eye for the results. Once finished Phoenix ships me off to my previous seat and I watch as the contestants file in. It was only a local show since it was their first but it always has a good turn-out. The judges make their way down the line to a petite brunette on a shining palomino and award them first place. Their next stop is an older gentleman sitting on his jet black mount and he gets the second place. Then finally I see them stop in front of Phoenix and Paole and extend that beautiful third place ribbon up to him. I cheer and go crazy with the rest of the crowd and quickly sprint my way back to the stable to meet them. Yeah they didn't get first this time but that is because they need to work more on their teamwork. Individually they are fantastic but together they are still working on it especially with this style of dressage that is new for them both. I have high hopes though they'll figure it out and one day maybe, just maybe can reach the calibre of my own champion dressage horse, Ervacon, and I. But until then lets' just say I'm going to enjoy shining up all my ribbons and medals decked out around Erva's stall. I can't have Phoenix thinking he could actually surpass me in skill now can I?
---
(extended ending)
I'm looking for Phoenix and can't seem to find him anywhere. He isn't training today as he usually gives his mounts a nice resting period after shows, but looking at Paole's stall the stallion isn't there either. "Hmm, strange..." I mutter to myself as I keep up my search. After making a second tour of the property I see Phoenix hauling a trailer behind his favoured orange truck. With a frown I wait for him to park and go to see where he has been. "Where have you been off too?" I enquire giving him a look. He ignores me with a huge grin and jogs over to the doors of the trailer, lowering the ramp and disappearing inside. Standing next to the driver's side of the truck I can't see Paole until he is led out from behind the truck and I just stare at him for a moment. His hair has been trimmed short and, much to my surprise, been given brightly coloured streaks. The fact that they were orange was the only part not surprising me as that is Phoenix's favourite colour. He pats the forelock of his prized horse and smiles at me beaming, "I thought since he loves rock he should look the part. It kind of came out a bit more punkish but this is his treat for doing so well and placing in our show. All I can mutter is a generic, "I can't believe you seriously...just...ugh" and walk off shaking my head, but only to disguise my smile.
(All stories are written from the perspective of my character Tara whom is the owner of Serpentine Estates and etc. xP)
Word Count: 1,763 (including these xP)
Last edited by Half Tree on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 am, edited 13 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inupait » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:20 am

Username: Inupait
Name:
(Optional) 2 Art Pieces: (can be ordered or made by you, as simple or as complicated as you wish)
(Optional) 3 Extras:

res
Inupait

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:35 am

Username:xXIgnisXx
Name:Goosebumps // Batty
Personality:
(Optional) 2 Art Pieces: (can be ordered or made by you, as simple or as complicated as you wish)
(Optional) 3 Extras:

res

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..Plantasia

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 am

Mark
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic Queen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 am

made new form on other page
Last edited by Chaotic Queen on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Chaos | she/her | EST
RVS(PVQH) PVQH [url=wip]wip[/url]
I am a mother of 2 and work part time,
I own 2 cats and a dog, used to be Albino_
🌿🌿🌿
Chaotic Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist