#919 bay chestnut palomino chimeric by dreamwalker

Based on Click to view
Artist dreamwalker [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#919 bay chestnut palomino chimeric

Postby dreamwalker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:32 pm

*spoopy intensifies* guess what starts tomorrow guys! I'm sorry, I just couldn't wait to put out my first spoopy tolter xD

**Edit**
I've decided to adjust the rules with the spoopy tolters a bit. They can breed together, but you would have to breed two spoopy totlers together in order for a foal to have any halloween theme to it. Breeding a spoopy tolter and a regular tolter will result in a foal that does not inherit any 'spooky' or 'halloween' type markings. Only direct offspring of spoopy tolters will inherit spooky markings, meaning that grand-foals, great-grand-foals, etc. will not have spooky markings.

Stumpy STMP wrote:username: Stumpy STMP
show name (optional): All Hollow's Eve
name: Korbol ('pumpkin' in Silesian)
halter color: Green looking like the stem of a pumpkin,
or
black with a couple tombstones with extremely low fog (where it is just a little above the ground, like this 8] ), in grays and whites
fact: (Kind of long, but I don't want to take out something that might be important to the explanation. x] )

Source wrote:At the beginning of the Christian era in Britain, when the ways of Pagans were still widely accepted, Christians wanted to incorporate some of the Pagan traditions of Samhain into their own religion in an effort to convert the practicing Pagans. Samhain was the beginning of the dark half of the year and was celebrated on what later became known as All Soul’s Day. The name of this holiday has undergone reconstruction throughout the centuries, changing to All Hollow’s Evening, All Hollow’s Even, All Hollow’s Eve, and finally Halloween.

This Pagan celebration was a way of saying farewell to days of sunlight and to prepare for the days of darkness and cold weather. Large bonfires were held and it was believed that the spirits of the dead could return to the earth on this day because it is the darkest and the veil between this world and the hereafter is the thinnest.

It is during these times that it is thought that the Soul Cakes supposedly came into being. There are many variations to the origin of Soul Cakes. Some say that Soul Cakes were baked upon a bonfire as a means of lottery. But this was no ordinary lottery. If you chose the burnt cake you became the human sacrifice that ensured your people had a prosperous crop during the following year. Others claim that the cakes were thrown about the land in an effort to appease evil spirits curse to wander the land in animal form.

No one quite knows the absolute origin of the cakes, but by the eighth century this tradition became a household practice in a very different way. Many Christians at the time (and in modern times) believed in Purgatory, the stage of waiting between Heaven and Hell. Purgatory is thought to be less torturous as Hell but not exactly pleasant. It is believed that the offering of prayers for a soul that is trapped in Purgatory will bring about a saving grace. If enough prayers were offered up, that soul would pass into Heaven.

Enter the tradition of Soul Cakes. The poor and destitute would travel from door to door asking for food in exchange for prayers. Each cake would represent a prayer for a departed soul stuck in Purgatory (hence, the name “Soul Cake”.) This tradition spread rapidly and eventually morphed into what is now modern day trick or treating.

To try for this tolter I want you to tell me an interesting fact about halloween

Username: Stumpy STMP
name: All Hallow's Eve // KorBol
eye color: yellow
height: 13hh
dam:--
sire:--
offspring:
Last edited by dreamwalker on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #919 bay chestnut palomino chimeric

Postby spacegay » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:34 pm

username:Cheshire~Evan~
show name (optional):Flipping The Devil's Coin
name:Stingy Jack
halter color: surprise please :)
fact:
http://diply.com/i-love/13-spooky-facts-you-didnt-know-about-halloween/47796/1
-The only case of poisoned Halloween candy was from a father who tried to kill his children to collect life insurance. No kid has every received a poisoned applied or razor blade by trick-or-treating.

-The practice of carving Jack-o'-lanterns comes from an Irish myth about a man called "Stingy Jack" who loved to trick the Devil. One of Stingy Jack's better tricks was to convince the Devil to turn into a coin, so Jack wouldn't have to pay for a drink. Well, eventually the Devil got fed up with Jack's tricks and wouldn't let him into Hell, forcing him to roam the Earth for eternity with a Hellish lump of coal inside a turnip to light his way. Eventually, Stingy Jack became Jack-o'-lantern.
Last edited by spacegay on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacepans.tumblr.com
spacegay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:37 pm

username: Cheshire-Cat
show name (optional):Pumpkin King
name: Jack
halter color: Green
fact: Source
Last year, a couple days after Halloween, a mail carrier was making his rounds when he saw what looked like a fairly realistic dead body on a porch. Given the time of year, he decided that it was simply been a Halloween decoration and went on his way without reporting it. He was horrified when he later discovered it was actually the body of a man that had collapsed just hours prior.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 pm

username: Spiritstar3
show name (optional): Spirit of Halloween
name: Jacko
halter color: Orange and brown
fact: Halloween is called All Hallows Eve by some people, -yeah I know, short and not so interesting- and black cats are considered a part of the lore, said to be the familiars of Witches, people also say that on this nights ghosts and demons come out to haunt people and harm them.
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby summer. » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:42 pm

username
summer.

show name
spirit of halloween.

name
jack.

halter color
black with white cobwebs.

fact
the actual phrase “trick-or-treat” likely has much more modern origins. some suggest that the phrase began in america in the early 20th century with the arrival of irish immigrants who brought their mischief along with them. to combat pranks and other mischief by poor children, people suggested offering treats to them as a small bribe. for this reason, in its early days, halloween was often known as “beggars’ night.”
Last edited by summer. on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
-hebrews 6:19
wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brownclaw13188 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm

username: Brownclaw13188
show name (optional): Lamb's killer
name: Kurai
halter color: Black with green vines.
fact: Halloween evolved from the ancient Celtic holiday of Samhain, modern Halloween has become less about literal ghosts and ghouls and more about costumes and candy. The Celts used the day to mark the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter, and also believed that this transition between the seasons was a bridge to the world of the dead. Over the millennia the holiday transitioned from a somber pagan ritual to a day of merriment, costumes, parades and sweet treats for children and adults.
Brownclaw13188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 pm

username: Stumpy STMP
show name (optional): All Hollow's Eve
name: Korbol ('pumpkin' in Silesian)
halter color: Green looking like the stem of a pumpkin,
or
black with a couple tombstones with extremely low fog (where it is just a little above the ground, like this 8] ), in grays and whites
fact: (Kind of long, but I don't want to take out something that might be important to the explanation. x] )

Source wrote:At the beginning of the Christian era in Britain, when the ways of Pagans were still widely accepted, Christians wanted to incorporate some of the Pagan traditions of Samhain into their own religion in an effort to convert the practicing Pagans. Samhain was the beginning of the dark half of the year and was celebrated on what later became known as All Soul’s Day. The name of this holiday has undergone reconstruction throughout the centuries, changing to All Hollow’s Evening, All Hollow’s Even, All Hollow’s Eve, and finally Halloween.

This Pagan celebration was a way of saying farewell to days of sunlight and to prepare for the days of darkness and cold weather. Large bonfires were held and it was believed that the spirits of the dead could return to the earth on this day because it is the darkest and the veil between this world and the hereafter is the thinnest.

It is during these times that it is thought that the Soul Cakes supposedly came into being. There are many variations to the origin of Soul Cakes. Some say that Soul Cakes were baked upon a bonfire as a means of lottery. But this was no ordinary lottery. If you chose the burnt cake you became the human sacrifice that ensured your people had a prosperous crop during the following year. Others claim that the cakes were thrown about the land in an effort to appease evil spirits curse to wander the land in animal form.

No one quite knows the absolute origin of the cakes, but by the eighth century this tradition became a household practice in a very different way. Many Christians at the time (and in modern times) believed in Purgatory, the stage of waiting between Heaven and Hell. Purgatory is thought to be less torturous as Hell but not exactly pleasant. It is believed that the offering of prayers for a soul that is trapped in Purgatory will bring about a saving grace. If enough prayers were offered up, that soul would pass into Heaven.

Enter the tradition of Soul Cakes. The poor and destitute would travel from door to door asking for food in exchange for prayers. Each cake would represent a prayer for a departed soul stuck in Purgatory (hence, the name “Soul Cake”.) This tradition spread rapidly and eventually morphed into what is now modern day trick or treating.
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animemice » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:23 am

username: Fea
show name (optional): King Of Darkness
name: Diomedes (means evil king in Greek)
halter color: Black
fact:

-The first Jack O' Lanterns were made from turnips.

-Halloween has been called Witches Night, Lamswool, Snap-Apple Night, Samhaim and Summer's End.

-Scottish girls believed they would see their future husband if they hung wet sheets in front of the fire on Halloween.
Hi! I'm Animemice, but you can call me Mouse. I love horses and ride them in my spare time. I also love dogs! I love to read and write, and want to be an author someday! If you need a hug or just want to chat feel free to PM me, I promise I will reply <3
Animemice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf Prints » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:44 pm

username: Unsung Heroes
show name (optional): Jack of the Lanterns
name:Lantern
halter color: Black
fact:
1. The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
2.Scottish girls believed they could see images of their future husband if they hung wet sheets in front of the fire on Halloween. Other girls believed they would see their boyfriend’s faces if they looked into mirrors while walking downstairs at midnight on Halloween.
3.Harry Houdini (1874-1926) was one of the most famous and mysterious magicians who ever lived. Strangely enough, he died in 1926 on Halloween night as a result of appendicitis brought on by three stomach punches.
Wolf Prints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby preppy paws » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 pm

username: preppy paws
show name (optional): Pumpkin Pie Spice