Re: Kalon 350 - Open

Postby naumachy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 am

i'm a lil early but i won't be on later, so goodluck everybody <3
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Max » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 am

^ and to you as well! Your form is so cute, i've read it like three times <3
Max

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:51 am

Good luck everyone!!
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╭──────────╮
zave/eve
he/him | artist
» avidae
» ravlins
the shrike to
your sharp and
glorious thorn

╰──────────╯

<-- lineart by phoenix-alikan
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:53 am

i just finished my form up so i came here to say good luck to everyone!! i looked at lots of the forms and they are all sO GOOD !! this kalon is sure going to be loved by the winner xD
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby father » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:46 pm

This contest is now closed for judging!!
officially quitting! its been real.
do not ask for any of my characters, adoptables,
or pets, as i am not giving them out. thanks!
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon 350 - Judging

Postby father » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:31 am

asldfjhd popping in to say that im sorry judging is taking a while, ive been busy irl. im making a point to have it all done and over with in a day or two!!
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Max » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:04 am

Don't worry about it, take your time. Irl situations should always come first over cs ^-^
Max

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:36 am

Take as much time as you need! RL takes priority. Dont worry about rushing the judging.
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
│█
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

╭──────────╮
zave/eve
he/him | artist
» avidae
» ravlins
the shrike to
your sharp and
glorious thorn

╰──────────╯

<-- lineart by phoenix-alikan
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:39 am

Marking to watch!!
quitting
evy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: welcome!

Postby father » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 am

naumachy wrote:⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜
username // naumachy
name // Jachère Rousseau
gender // male

You shiver at the frigid cold day, knocking on the door before you. A kalon opens it, his eyes alighting on you, and he offers a small smile. “Hello!” he says, stepping back from the door to let you in. “You must be freezing. Here, let me take your coat. Would you like a cup of tea?”

You accept his offer and follow him in, sitting at a table. You watch the kalon bustle about his kitchen- his head naturally dips in certain ways to accommodate his horns. He turns back to you and sets the cup down, offering an apologetic smile about a blue object on the table, going to move it.

You question him about the object; his eyes brighten. “Oh, this thing? It’s a ukulele. Hardly the kind of thing you’d be expecting up here where it’s cold, but it’s such a fun little tune. It never fails to cheer people up,” he says, strumming a chord before setting it down.

You nod and start with asking him his name, and about his early life.

“My real name is Jachère Rousseau, but most know me as Moose; I was born in France to a wealthy family. As a young boy I was expected to act proper, and though I did in order to please my parents, I hated it. My parents, the dears they are, tried to help me out with it, but didn’t know how to deal with a mind like mine. I was always fidgety as a youngster; attention flitting from one thing to the next, always interested in getting my hands dirty.

“Around the age of ten, my antlers started growing in; with that brought new muscles to keep my head steady and I started to bulk up. Being around other kalons made me incredibly nervous, and I constantly crashed into things or tripped up. It was also then that I met my grandfather and discovered art.

“Growing up, my grandfather was my biggest hero- not only did he have antlers just like me, but he could conjure beautiful things; oh, how I wanted to be like him. I could never forget the day when he took me to the woods and showed me the wildlife. It was the first time I had ever seen anything of the sort. I learned that art was not just the paintings hung on the walls in museums- there was also beauty in the deer's movement and the birdsong.

Jachère paused. You ask him about his later life.

“My grandfather died when I was just fifteen. I was heartbroken- I had lost my best friend. I became disinterested in everything, including art. In one last effort to cheer me up, my parents gave me a gift.”

Jachère paused again, lifting his paw up to his horns. When he brought it back before him, you jumped at the sight- it was a little brown and white finch.
“My grandfather didn’t own any animals besides several peculiar little society finches. My parents managed to get that information and gifted me my very own; they’re lovely little creatures, always sitting in my horns,” the kalon tilted his head down to reveal two more finches. “They’re such great inspiration for my sculptures.”

“Well, I graduated in art and soon moved here to Nova Scotia. As you know, I’m a sculptor. Many profits from my pieces go to charities involving children and wildlife. I really do love my job- especially how others can really experience it. My best sculpture reviews are the kids here. They’re the ones who nicknamed me Moose. I truly love these children - they like to dress me up in bells and have me pull sleds during Christmas. It’s worth it to see the smiles on their faces. One of my favorite things has been teaching them art - much like my grandfather taught me.”

You mention that you should get going; he apologizes for making you listen to all his problems. You laugh and tell him it’ll make a fine story. As he returns your coat and goes to close the door, you hear a little finch sing you a goodbye.

[700/700]
alethia belongs to star,
all art by me

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Congrats naumachy, it was a really close race ahhh, but i loved the character and art in your form!!

HMs go to katlove, nos-os-fros, diamondfox, .sans, Max, and Eternal_Flame! I never do impress mes because theyre so hard to judge lol. everyones forms were lovely, and i wish i couldve let more than one person win!
father

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me