Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ravlins - Artist Applications Open | Discord Server! by .lucifer

Based on Click to view
Artist .lucifer [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ravlins - Artist Applications Open | Discord Server!

Postby .lucifer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:57 am

Image[ Trading Post ] [ Archive ] [ Item Dictionary ] [ Discord Server ]

x x x Welcome to Ravlins! x x x
Ravlins are cyborg mammals, created for use as scouts to areas too dangerous for fully organic creatures to explore. The various antennae scattered down their spine take in sensory information, and then, with the help of their collars, send this information back to their home base, along with reports on the condition of their body. Their collars are connected to their brains, and if the collar is damaged or removed, the Ravlin will die.
A Ravlin's right eye is organic, but their left is replaced with a robotic one, capable of showing the Ravlin data and information. These mechanical eyes are almost always green or yellow with white lines of data writing across them.

x x x Rules x x x
Ravlins are a closed species, you may not make your own, nor call one of your characters a Ravlin without receiving permission from the species owner.

Due to their cybernetic nature, Ravlins do not breed. New Ravlins are created in labs. Existing Ravlins' DNA may be used in this procedure, however, making them parent and child in an unorthodox way. This is known as siring. Siring is a rare event, only happening once or twice over the course of a Ravlin's life. Ravlins are almost always created one at a time, though rarely twins can occur.

Do not beg, whine, harrass, or guilt-trip users/staff. This includes, but is not limited to; Backhanded compliments, complaints about competition types, arguing with staff over the outcome of a competition, PMing someone to ask for their Ravlin, etc.

Ravlins may be traded for other Arkylia characters, or Arkylia items. It is up to the users involved to confirm the fairness of a trade. Staff will not "reverse" Arkylia trades unless under very serious circumstances.

x x x Mutations x x x
Mutations occur rarely in Ravlins, thanks to their heavily monitored development. Smaller mutations are more common than larger ones, as they don't affect the Ravlin's development as much. However, due to the genetic instability of mutated individuals, any Ravlins found to have mutations of Rare or higher are taken out of the DNA pool for siring. In other words, they cannot breed.

Common
Green/Yellow Data Eye
Tail Edits
Fur Edits
Ear Edits

Uncommon
Orange/Blue Data Eye
Antennae Edits
Collar Edits
Mechanical Parts
Hair

Rare
Purple Data Eye
Missing Antennae
Extra/Missing Body Parts
Proportion Edits

Mythic
Magic
Damaged Collar
Red/Glitching Data Eye
Genetic Splicing

x x x Siring x x x
Siring, the process in which a ravlin is chosen as a DNA donor to create a new ravlin, is a rare and complex procedure. Ravlins are only used in siring once or twice in their lives. Ravlins rarely, if ever, meet their "children", due to their assignment as scouts.

Guidelines
Sired ravlins may go to the owner of the original Ravlin or be readopted.

Sired ravlins' designs are inspired by their parents, but they are not clones.

Ravlins with Rare or Mythic mutations cannot sire new ravlins, as their genetics are too unstable.

Users have a two week cooldown between accepted siring forms. The ravlin in the siring form has a two week cooldown as well.

Users may only have a siring form accepted if an artist has opened slots here on the thread.

You may only post a siring form if all of these things are true: An artist has opened slots, it has been at least two weeks since you (the user) have had a siring form accepted, it has been at least two weeks since your ravlin has sired, and your ravlin has not sired twice already.

You must include a link to your ravlin's oekaki page in the form, and links to any past accepted siring you and/or your ravlin had.

Siring Form
You may ONLY post a siring form if an artist has opened slots and both you and your ravlin are not on cooldown.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Last Accepted Siring:[/b] [url=LINK](if any)[/url]
[b]Your Ravlin:[/b] [url=LINK]Name[/url]
[b]Your Ravlin's Last Siring:[/b] (if any)
[b]Artist:[/b]

x x x Staff x x x
Ravlin Staff work hard to keep the species running, and as such, receive benefits for working. Guest staff, unless hired, receive lesser benefits. Guest staff that are hired as full staff only gain one custom-- they do not receive both a common and rare custom slot. The exception to this rule is if they were hired as a guest artist over 3 months ago and made a custom, but are later hired as a full artist.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x

x

x
╒═════════════════════╕

ImageImage
Owner
i run the place, lads.
.lucifer
════════════════════
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

╒═════════════════════╪═════════════════════╪════════════════════╕

Moderators
can own 5 Ravlins.
may make one custom, up to rare.

Flicka
ShadowWolfess
GᖾoᥙꙆ
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Artists
can own 5 Ravlins.
may make one custom, up to rare.

-
-
-
ImageImageImageImageImage

Guest Artists
can create adopt 5 designs.
may make one common custom.

-
-
-

╘═════════════════════╧═════════════════════╧════════════════════╛

x x x Staff Applications x x x

Users may apply to become a guest artist or a mod. Guest artists may become full artists upon completion of their guest term. Staff are expected to be mature, level-headed and fair. Ravlin staff application openings will be posted on this thread. Make sure to check this post as well, to make sure applications are open.

To apply for a position, post your staff application on the thread, and wait for my reply.

Moderator Applications
Moderators help out the species by monitoring Ravlin areas, such
as the Fanclub, the Discord Server, and the Archives. Moderators
also run re-adoptions when the Ravlin's previous owner is unable
to run it themselves. At least a month of previous experience is
preferred.

Moderator applications are currently CLOSED.

[b]username:[/b]
[b]areas you are interested in:[/b]
(delete [✔] or [✘] as needed.
a [✔] means you are interested in moderating
that area. an [✘] means you are not.)
[list][✔] / [✘] - discord
[✔] / [✘] - fanclub
[✔] / [✘] - ravlin archive
[✔] / [✘] - item archive
[✔] / [✘] - re-adopts[/list]
[b]previous moderation experience:[/b]
Artist Applications
Artists create more Ravlin adopts for users to take
home! Artists will be expected to judge competitions
fairly as well as design sired Ravlins. Potential artists
are expected to show at least 2 design examples.
_

Artist applications are currently OPEN.

[b]username:[/b]
[b]areas you are interested in:[/b]
a [✔] means you are interested in designing
for that area. an [✘] means you are not.)
[list][✔] / [✘] - main adopts
[✔] / [✘] - siring
[✔] / [✘] - events[/list]
[b]design examples:[/b]
[url=URL HERE]1[/url]
[url=URL HERE]2[/url]

x x x Advertising & Affliliates x x x

Users with active adoptable centers may PM me, .lucifer, to become an affiliate! Affiliate adopt centers will be linked here on our page, with a stamp, if one is available.

_____
Affiliates:

-

-

-
_____
Stamps

[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/760451324893986816/803011720389984286/brtbrtgr.png[/img]

-

-
Last edited by .lucifer on Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 am, edited 11 times in total.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ravlins - Staff Applications Open!

Postby .lucifer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 am

The front page is finished up, and we are ready to go! Staff applications are open, and you can begin marking the thread if you would like.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ravlins - Staff Applications Open!

Postby web2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:34 am

mark!
web2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shawnyy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:37 am

marking :)
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ImageImageImage

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Image Image

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏ ‎Image
‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ImageImage

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‎‏‏ ‎Image
Shawnyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:34 pm

username: Flicka
areas you are interested in:

[✘] - discord
[✔] - fanclub
[✔] - ravlin archive
[✔] - item archive
[✔] - re-adopts[/list]
previous moderation experience:
I've had years of experience as one. I've been a mod for different proboards. (Meerkat Manor rpg, RFW the X series, Naruto Awaken Inside, A meerkat's Life are my longer ones) then there is here where i've moderated Fleafs, Turtle Mania where im a mod and line artist, and I help out Mikki (pixel boxes) and Ashii (Ashii Kitties) with their adoptable threads. I've also helped MegaCherrio with her former pixelbox adoptable Glovecats. I was a wonderful mod for Kiabs (kittens in a bottle) and Im an Artist for Windfarmers Cats. When I get bored and other staff members are overwhelmed I tend to ask if they'd like some help. I've been a longtime mod for Marble Cats, an artist for Volcara. Also I'm an admin of a popular warrior cats page. Being a mod is really what im most comfortable in.
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage

Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Hello! I'd love to accept you as a mod, welcome to the team! I still need to get a few pages set up, but feel free to familiarize yourself with the way the archive and trading post are set up, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions! I will PM you shortly (once I am on my computer) with the link that allows you to edit the archives.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:08 pm

username: ShadowWolfess
areas you are interested in:
a [✔] means you are interested in moderating
that area. an [✘] means you are not.)
    [✔] / [✘] - discord
    [✔] - fanclub
    [✔] - ravlin archive
    [✔] - item archive
    [✔] - re-adopts
previous moderation experience: I have 9+ years.

-Darner Faes (CS related)
-Tealpets (off site)
-Cloudsnappers (CS related)
-Hewan (off site)
-Galagar Valley (off site, Im the owner)
-Rockoons (CS related)
-Warriors Livez 2 (off site)
I do have a lot more, just need to figure the sites/adopts out!
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Hello! I would love to accept you as a mod, welcome to the team! I will PM you with instructions on how to edit the archives-- for now, feel free to familiarize yourself with the way the archives are set up, and of course, you're free to PM me any questions you may have!
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:27 pm

mark!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:16 am

Working slowly but surely on these guys! I've finished the baby lineart, as well as the item dictionary. Once we get a few more adopts out, and a couple artists, I'll be working on a fanclub thread and possibly a discord server, should there be interest in one!
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me