CWHR: Mustang Makeover: #3107

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:57 pm

~Beautiful Voices~

Name:
Breed: Mustang
Color: Wild Bay
Markings: Star, snip, one coronet.
Height: 14.2hh
Vice/Fear/Special: This mare is very dominant towards other mares and younger horses and has been known nip and kick out at them on occasion. She would be best suited to passive horses, most notably geldings.
Notes: Despite her age, this mare is a 'tough cookie'. It is thought that she may have been a lead mare for a brief amount of time, which may explain her dominant behaviour, before being displaced by a younger, fitter mare.

Image Image Image ImageImage

ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Mustang Makeover: #3107

Postby ~Beautiful Voices~ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:48 pm

New name:

A Chance Encounter

Barn Name:

Chance
~Beautiful Voices~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Beautiful Voices~ » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 am

Day 1:

The new mare stepped out of the trailer cautiously, sniffing the air curiously. It was a new territorty, for her to learn. Her golden brown eyes swept the terrian, making notes of the horses nearby. I watched her, interested in her behavior. What would she be like? Her vice? Quirk? Issue? Clipping a lead rope to her halter carefully, I led the mare to the round pen to evaluate her. The mare wathed me with her ears slightlyp inned, snorting with an irritated tone. I knew it, she was a wild horse, used to being free. But I had to work on her. It was the only way. I loosened the new mare's halter and slipped it off quietly, trying not to spook her. I then walked birskly to the gate and opened it with a small squeak, which earned a shrill whinny from the mustang. With a smile at her silliness, I grabbed Ballet, my calmest mare, and brought her into the round pen, to see how the mustang mare would react. I then stepped out of the pen and leaned against the fence, watching the two horses curiously. The new mare, Sunny With A Chance, or Chance, I called her, walked up to Ballet with a very dominant position. Ballet nickered softly to her and sniffed her, nostrils flaring. Chance whirled around and snapped at Ballet, ears pinned tightly against her head. Ballet pinned her ears back and backed up, showing that Chance was dominant. Chance backed off and began to graze from the sparse grass in the round pen. So, this mare was a domninant gal. This could work, especially since the mare had potential. "Alright Chance, let's do this." I whispered, taking the mare back to a paddock where she was alone. This issue had to be resolved before I could work with Chance. At the ranch house, I began to plan out how I would fix this dominance issue with chance. Yes. It was going to be a fun project.
~Beautiful Voices~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Beautiful Voices~ » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:28 am

Day 2:

I took Ballet out into the same paddock, making this place familiar so Chance wouldn't be distracted. Chance bent her head down to graze, swishing her tail contently, looking up when she saw the other mare. Chance picked up a trot and pinned her ears back, baring her teeth. Ballet made no sudden movements, but put her head down in submissive position. I then brought in Borealis (Native Lights) and let her loose with the other two mares. Borelais put her head high and walked straight to Chance, not backing down even when the mustang mare threatened to nip.Borelais looked at Chance with a wild eye and pinend her ears back, giving a quick nip to the flank. Chance stepped back, surprised at the encounter. The two mares pinned back their ears flat against their heads, seeming to spit insutls at eachother. I couldn't do anything, i had to help Chance, unless it was a big safety issue. Chance retunred the nip and stomped her foot. Borealis did the same but bit, drawing a small wound. Chance squealed and whirled around and kicked out at Borealis. I smiled knowing that my lead mare Borelais wouldn't stand for this. Borealis wheeled around and barrled towards Chance kiced out harder. Borealis knocked herself into Chance, causing the mare to loose her balance. Borealis too this opportunity and pushed Chance onto her back. Borealis gave one last shrill whinny with barred teeth and trotted off to graze by Ballet. I grabbed Ballet and Borelai's halters and led them into the other pasture. Chance gave a faint snort to the mares, but I knew that she was beat, for now. I let Chance grze out alone, and prepared for the ned day to work with her personally.
~Beautiful Voices~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me