kalon #1202 by naumachy

Based on Click to view
Artist naumachy [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
108 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kalon #1202

Postby naumachy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:31 am

i've only made a custom lined once and wanted to give it another shot !!

this kalon seems to keep to themselves quite often, and the townspeople don't know much about them. a friendly soul, you've decided to become their friend ! how does this quest go?

they wear the clothes because they are completely furless ! no hair or fluff anywhere. [probably a mix of embarrassment and being cold akjsfhjs] there is a design under all that n it will be revealed at the end <33

so yeah, tell me how you befriended this kalon ! i'd like to see their personality come through. maybe it's easy, maybe you win them over with gifts, maybe they shut the door in your face and you never see them again ! no extras, prettying up is fine. no word limit, feel free to make art to go along with it ! [unlimited, but it must connect somehow to the story]

Code: Select all
    username;
    name;
    gender;
    story;

end date on the 28th, extensions can be requested

edits; no hair/no fur, tail, shine

Last edited by naumachy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1202

Postby sillies » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am

dropping
Last edited by sillies on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:35 am

Username:
Three favorite colors:
Preferred theme; markings:
Additional comments:

Mork
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:35 am

username; plantfood

name; Fionnoula

gender; female

story;
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

Mark ;v;
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blimq » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 am

username; pastelllizard
    name; venticia
    gender; demigirl
    story; my apologies for it being so long.. i love describing things in pinpoint accuracy for details.

knock knock... knock knock knock. the door was being lightly hit in a code as i woke up. the sun had already risen, the moon & stars long gone with the night. " coming! " my scratchy voice was barely distinct as i coughed, making my way to the door as quickly as i could. it was a shame i'm not a morning kal. i hear muttering from the other side of the door, and open it. " so you've remembered this time. " i spoke, my voice clearer than before as i look to the kits in front of me. " a-ah, yes. we've your daily papers, and mail, since you forgot to get it yesterday. " the clearly older one spoke, while his younger sister cowered behind him. i smile brightly, and spoke with a much smoother voice, " why, thank you both. i hope to see you again tomorrow. " the little sister peeked from behind her brother and looked at me with eyes filled with wonder. " as always .. ma'am. " i wave goodbye as they walk away, and as i close the door i'm reminded of something i don't have that everyone else does. a name.

i sigh as i lay against the door for a moment, trying to remember, though my mind was swept after i had gotten lost and terribly in the temple that stood tall, mocking me. told by a villager of the city i live in, i supposedly went inside to 'make my mark,' saying i would engrave my name in the bricks at the top floor after i made my big break. being an archaeologist, i figured carving my name in one brick would be fine. it was dangerous enough to get to the top floor anyway, nobody would risk it after i had. though i don't remember my name, i know that once i engraved each letter of my name into those bricks and began to head down the 148th staircase - which lead to the top floor and to my engraved brick - the floor and ceiling began to collapse after one second of forgetting that i was in a very fragile and delicate area. i'd dropped my bag in the wrong place, a loose brick, and the floor crumbled beneath me as i realized my mistake. i jumped down the staircases, ran down hallways and rooms to get out of the place that would change my life for the better or worse. too bad it was worse.

i was found after what was said of a day of searching, underneath rocks and rubble. i was badly injured and needed medical help immediately, and luckily i had gotten the help i needed. the villagers i'd talked to said i slept for 2 weeks and 4 days, and even when i woke up i barely responded to anything. they said i didn't speak a word until a month later, and all i was " journal..? " none of them understood me too well, so i apparently just dropped the subject and finally responded to yes / no questions. they asked me who i was. " who i am.. can't remember. " is what i stated softly, the nurse told me. she said i cried for 10 minutes before calming down and sleeping once more. i didn't get out of that hospital for another month and a half.

i wipe a tear from my cheek as i move on from my memories and into the present. i'm still living in this village until i figure out my name. i'm not leaving until i get my bag back - which had my life's worth in it of research - and my name. i flip through the newspaper, looking at the articles that were written and the advertisements presenting themselves in black ink. i put it down quickly, though as i did something at the right, bottom hand corner of a page caught my attention. i flip back through the pages and search until i find it. a different language. i've learned many over the course of living, and this language wasn't commonly spoken in this village, if at all. it read, i'm venticia of jequena, a royal daughter of the teika family line. as much as i love my land, i want to become an archaeologist, i stopped reading right there. this was unbelievable. the teika family line is extremely rich and powerful, yet they want to become an archaeologist. jeuena is a much cleaner, nicer place than kieba, the city in which i live. it has dust roads and not the nicest of houses, though the kalons living here are the life of everything. they love living here, and they protect the temple. i assumed venticia came for the temple, or possibly the underwater city in the sea we live right next to.. but she had to have heard my story. the one saying, in big bold letters on the front pages of every newspaper in the country, loss of name after going in the kieba temple? everybody wanted the story, but it was blurry and foggy for me, i couldn't tell them anything, so they made it all up. once i retrieve my memories and name in the temple, i planned to write a book about the true story.

if they knew, why would they risk their life? i continued reading the ad to find out more about them. .. i want to become an archaeologist, as i've always been interested in learning history every since i got into school. i travelled here, where the all-heard story came from, and went into the temple. i found things i believe haven't been found before, and i need help decoding them. contact me in room 267 of 'kieba's best in the west,' where i'm taking my stay. tell the person at the desk "lava and flowers both give me powers." i hope to see someone soon. thank you. i slowly put down the newspaper. " oh my zeus and hades, they know about me. "

i got to the hotel rather quickly, and walked through the doors without making any noise. " what do you want, ma'am? " the kalon at the desk rudely asked without facing me, and i stopped and stared right back at them. " lava and flowers both give me powers. " i state casually, walking up to the desk. the kal at the desk turned my way, their ears perked and eyes wider than before. " third floor. " they state as they grab a silver key from under the desk and throw it to me. i nod my head as a sign of thanks, catch the key, and make my way to the stairs. once i get to the door a take a deep breath of hesitation. .. this could be the chance of getting my name back. i thought to myself, suddenly filled with courage, carefully putting the key in the slot and turning the lock. i open the door.

once it opens i'm greeted by a cold room with a half-opened window, an untouched bed, and a ruffle of cloth on the desk and chair to the left. they're .. not here? i question, walking in and looking around more. a bag sits next to the bed, and so i pick it up and take out a journal from it. interesting.. i thought to myself as i flip through pages, until i hear a shuffle of clothes and rapidly turn my head to the source : a hooded kalon with arm and leg bracers and no fur in fullbody black, tight-fitting material, seeming to be adjusting their arm bracers. venticia, staring at me with wide eyes in a side glance. silence and a cold went about the room.

i need to say something. anything - " ven .. " i stumbled upon my words as i put down the journal. " venticia ? " her eyes grow wider at the mention of her name. then, they suddenly fill with anger as she spews out remarks and questions for me, her hooded figure intimidating me. " you came to the wrong place. who are you ? who were you sent by ? why are you here ? get out. " her words were fast and flowing like a waterfall in jequenan, and she was pushing me back to the door, so i had to roughly speak in it to get through to her. " i'm here to help i'm from the story. the nameless. " i dangerously cut her off, knowing the language since i had to talk to merchants all over the world in different languages, i picked up a few. jequenan was thankfully one. even though i cut her off, she still spoke a few sentences before processing my words. she stopped pushing me and turned me around to observed me in a fast motion. " if this is true, you must know the date at which the temple was looked. the newspapers have it all wrong. i know kalons here that say the correct time. the real time. " they hold me by the shoulders, their voice is pleading for help, and i finally get to observe them. a kalon with the all famous no fur from jequena, the eyes set ablaze with strength and confidence, bracers, and a hooded coat to keep her warm. " march 14, 2001 at 6:43 pm. " my tone is stiff, and she knew just from my tone of voice that it was the truth.

they let go of my shoulders and picked up their journal, putting it back in the bag neatly. " i've gone into the temple already. i found riddles. poems of some sort, and i just can't think anymore. my mind is a mess. i needed a break 2 weeks ago. i didn't take one until now. " it's just now i noticed how tired she looked, how it seemed the movements were forced and not as fast as a normal kalon's. i grew concerned as my eyebrows knitted together. " .. i could come back some other- --" i began, though was interrupted quickly. " no. please stay. my rest it tireless until i understand this.. " her eyes were pleading again as she held a paw out for me to stop, and though i was still wary of their health, i stayed.

i got breakfast for both of us, since we both hadn't ate yet. they scarfed down the meal in under 5 minutes, then patiently waited for me to finish as well. then we began to decipher the code. the polaroid pictures were well lit and clear enough to be recognized. they featured bricks covered in kieban, the local language. " i cannot read it yet. i'm too new at archaeology. and even when i asked my friends, they said it's too confusing. " she looked the pictures, handing me around half of them. in total, there had to be about 30 of the polaroid pictures. " i'll stay here as long as i need to figure out the meaning. " she looked me straight in the eyes, observing if i was telling the truth or not. " .. thank you. " her eyes said more than words ever could.

we stayed in that room for a day. then two. of course, we got food, taking turns going out to get it. i was fluent in kieban, so translating it in jequanan was no challenge for me. it was the deciphering, as the poem made little sense. my brain was mixing as i read every word, and i hated it. i wanted to help.. we'd figured out what a small portion of the poem - riddles meant, though nothing more. we were dying every day to learn. we'd brainstormed back and forth, and all we could make of it was that the ancient kalons knew that the temple would collapse, and that they were hiding something there. treasure, i presumed, though the poem also stated " don't go near, come on, be wise, or you'll be sent to your demise. " which, in simpler terms, means there are traps of some sort there. " i think assuming they're something like the temple collapsing more, or just crumbling altogether is what they meant .. though i still fear there's more to it than that .. " venticia stated in rough kieban, thinking harder each second. i look to the polaroids with squinted eyes white she did the same. she'd picked up on my quirk. suddenly, my eyes went wide and i slammed my paw to the closest wall. " curses. "

venticia looked to me in confusion and i realized i'd have to explain. " ah, right. sorry. so, kieba is a place where kalons believe in things like .. demons, spirits, angels - but most importantly, witches and wizards. it was previously believed a godly kalon built that temple, though in schools and otherwise, kalons brushed off that theory. they believed it was just made by regular kalons to worship the stars, moon, sun, and the sky, as it brought them their day and night. though, this could be proof that either a godly kalon did live here .. or regular kalons made this and believed the stars, moon, sun, and sky would punish them. or maybe, they already had. " as i was explaining, she had been bouncing lightly up and down on the bed, obviously excited. " maybe they thought the godly kalons were those cursed, since they were different. people treat me differently even though i'm royal. not everybody knows it, and not everybody is used to a hairless, furless kalon. " her explanation was true, but i didn't want to agree with her. she was stating a fact i didn't want to be true. she watched my expression and quickly added, " i'm only stating the truth. i know you're good and that you have good intentions. even if you did something wrong, i know you would've done it for a reason that's pure. " they smiled at me with such brightness that i couldn't help but smile back.

on the third day venticia was getting food for the morning, and i was left to my thoughts. i sat in silence for hours, as good food was far from the hotel. i paced the room, lied on the floor, sat in the bathtub - yet all of these ways of thinking weren't doing any good for me. i kept up my work on thinking about the poems to figure out more about their meaning, how they could become disappointed in the both of us if we didn't figure it out completely.. sitting alone in my thoughts i'd lost track of the time. once i checked it, i grew worried once i realized she took an hour longer than usual to get the food. .. what if she left without telling me? .. it would make sense, she brought her hood and bag .. though she told me she brings that everywhere. and i trust her. i decided to stop worrying until another hour passes. this was until i heard running and rapid knocking on the door, and my mind raced. something bad must have happened .. i thought cautiously as i hesitated going to the door, not wanting to hear the news. " open up, i figured it out! " at those simple words from venticia, i raced to the door. i was surprised when i saw her beaming with a few things in hand. our food, another bag, and a messed up journal - but neither were hers.

" what did you steal? why? " i questioned them as they walked in happily as i closed the door. " it's not mine .. because it's yours. i came here, yes, to become a better archaeologist, though mainly to help you. i still need to reassemble the rest of the brick .. i was hiding that in my bag and didn't want you to find out. " they spoke softly in kieban, as she was an extremely fast learner, and i was positive she was gifted. " barely anybody heard of you before your incident, and after they do hear, they're all over you even though you don't even know your name. i needed to help you. nobody should live like that. " her words were genuine, and we were both crying. " i .. you .. " i was speechless as she handed me the journal and bag. " i haven't opened them yet. you should be the first to know your own name. " the feeling of the leather journal was familiar, and the leather messenger's bag too. i couldn't believe it in a million years. i opened the pages of the journal slowly, revealing my name on the first page.. i closed the journal and looked at them with eyes filled with tears. i didn't speak, she did for me, her eyes still full of emotion as when i met her two days ago. her tired eyes were happy beyond explanation, and her smile was like she'd seen something so extravagantly beautiful. and i guess it her eyes, it was.

" the definition of one isn't from their name or background, but their heart. "

art; by myself, more to come ..
Last edited by blimq on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
blimq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 am

username; .Lyrebird
    name; Neveah
    gender; Female
    story; wipwip <3
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epiale » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm

-dropping out, lost connection, good luck to everyone!-
Last edited by Epiale on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

___

Eᴘɪᴀʟᴇ | Nᴏɴ-Bɪɴᴀʀʏ | Sᴋᴜʟʟ Uɴɪᴄᴏʀɴ

Same username on most sites.
(EthanEpiale on some)
I love monsters, unicorns, cute things, horror movies, and art. ♡
Feel free to PM me whenever!
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Last edited by Rabbit on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ my name is ... ❞

Postby trans » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Last edited by trans on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me