Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

*Re-Adopt* Viscet #104- Winners

Postby Strudel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:36 am

Name: Crow
Owner: Howlingtothestars

This is a re-adoption of Viscet #104, meaning winning this viscet will not count toward your monthly adopt limit.

Mint asked me to run a couple of the abandoned viscet re-adopts and this is the first. Instead of a cover I decided to draw some art of the viscet being re-adopted out <3 so this viscet comes with the art I posted above. Also, this viscet has never been bred and so you can choose any gender.

To try-out for this viscet, fill out the form below;

Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Lifetime Milestone[/u][/b]:
[b][u](Optional) Personality[/u][/b]:

• By lifetime milestone, I mean any large event in their life that affected them on some personal deeply personal level. It can be anything you feel changed them as a person or affected them greatly.
  • No extras.
  • Prettying up is allowed.
  • The personality is optional. If you opt not to do it, please take it out of the form.

End date: 4/15/17

Size: Small
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3417531][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2342799&size=small&format=png&rev=1438740959[/img][/url]

Size: Medium
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3417531][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2342799&size=medium&format=png&rev=1438740959[/img][/url]

Size: Large
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3417531][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2342799&size=large&format=png&rev=1438740959[/img][/url]
Last edited by Strudel on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wriolette enjoyer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:38 am

Username: Vilvia
        Name: Dave Curloz
        Lifetime Milestone:
        (Optional) Personality:

res
wriolette enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *Re-Adopt* Viscet #104- Open

Postby Lioashu » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:38 am

decided I want to focus on other things! good luck everyone ♥
Last edited by Lioashu on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angeldog513 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:39 am

Res with the name Toby
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hi there I'm angeldog513, you can call me whatever you like as long as it isn't hurtful though! Send me a PM I'm always looking for new friends or someone to chat with! Also would you please say I referred you here please and thank you!My Viscets My Deviantart
angeldog513

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 am

Mark

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 am

Username: scarlet_wolf
Name: tichara (nn. ticchy)
Lifetime Milestone:

tichara's biggest achievement in life has to be the creation of her business. this 'cet has worked her entire life to become an entrepreneur, and finally did it - she opened her own bakery. after years of hard work, ticchy managed to scrounge up enough money to purchase a shop. it was small, no doubt, but after months of fixing it up, it finally looked like a bakery.

now that she has a location for her shop, ticchy has gotten hundreds of customers - she already has some regulars, too.

from donuts to cakes, smoothies to scones, ticchy's bakery has it all. and they're all delicious, too!

(Optional) Personality:
resilient and determined, ticchy will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. she's always very upbeat, though, even during the toughest of times. this 'cet's cheerful attitude has gifted her many precious friends that she would never want to part with.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 am

Username: howlingtothestars
Name: Crow
Lifetime Milestone:
    Small beads of light trickled from the sky and hovered just above the ground, giving a weak golden hue to all things which were within range of it. Above, the sky darkened into a shade of black so thick that it felt as though I could swim within it. I stood helplessly watching the sky as it darkened into that black slime while beads of light trickled through it and gently rested on the ground. It was day 5,678,093, and the sun had exploded.
    There are many times that I wonder why I was born here, why any of us where, when the world would just die anyway. Why were we not born on a different planet, the plants which created our bodies were more than capable of springing from the ground and swimming through the air to the next planet anyway, so why would they bother with staying here and creating life that would simply die within a few days? It was not fair. As I looked at the others, all younger than me, I felt a dark type of anger swirl within my chest. Why would they have made us just so we could feel the agony of death before feeling love, hope, responsibility, and many other vital emotions that the life forms before us got to feel? Why were we the ones who had to suffer?
    My thoughts stopped short as the sound of the explosion finally reached us. It was deafening and shook the ground beneath us. As it faded, it left a painful ringing in my ears and a warm liquid began to leek from them. I gently touched them with my paws and grimaced at the blood which was left on my pads when I pulled them away. My hearing was weak, aside from the painful ringing, but I could fear very faint screams as the youngest of us wept from the agony of the sound. I began to move towards them to comfort them, but a movement from the corner of my eye stopped me. A life giving plant slowly bloomed and tilted to the left. My muzzle scrunched up in rage as I saw the new born viscet which it tenderly laid on the ground. They were making more?! Even while the world was falling apart, they created more of us to suffer and die! I bared my fangs and rushed towards the plant, planning to take it by those rose colored petals and tear it to shreds slowly, forcing it to feel the agony it was forcing us to go through. As I neared it, the vines of the flower which were buried beneath the earth shot up and stiffened beneath it, causing the plant to shoot upward. A moment later, the vines bent and then sprung up again, leaping from the surface and moving out towards the sky. It moved like the legs of a frog as it propelled the flower through space onto the next planet. Behind it, the others began to do the same. I snarled at them as they fled the dying world they had left us to inhabit. If I had any say in this, then at least one of them was going to stay here and suffer with us.
    I ran at one whose vines had yet to break from the ground. When I was a few feet away, its vines shot up and planted themselves into the ground. With a snarl, I bit onto the vine closer to me and tugged at it until it slipped from the ground. The other vine stiffened and sent the flower upward. At the same time, I yanked on the vine and pulled it downward, causing the flower to hit the ground again. I backed away from it and tugged on the vine, planning to rip it from the body of the flower. My ears were still ringing, but even through that I could hear the thumps of paws and hooves as others rushed at the other vine to help me. We played tug-o-war with the the flower in between and slowly the plant began to crack and break. Then, something we did not expect happened. The flower bloomed and screeched a dreadful sound which pierced through the ringing and caused my ears to burn in agony from the sound. I forced myself to ignore the screaming urge to cover them and continued pulling. Across from me, a few backed away and cradled their heads in pain, but two remained on the vine, pulling with as much will-power as an ox. We almost had it, I could see the bulb of the flower tearing, but then a light caught my eye.
    I looked up and felt my jaw go slack in shock. The vine slipped from my fangs and flopped on the ground before rocketing back to its host and planting itself down. The other vine shot to the host, but flicked upward, flinging the ones which held it off into the air before slamming into the ground again. The two vines shot the flower into the air, just as the millions on thorn-like rays of light struck the ground.
    I was struck by several of them, and they burned. It felt as though my flesh was going to melt from my bones and I would just be a walking skeleton. I screamed in agony as I flailed, trying to rip them from my back. I whipped around, trying to grab at them, but froze in my tracks at the sight before me. The light thorns had struck the children primarily, leaving all of them as limp bodies lying on the ground of small beads of light. The young viscling which was just born bore two thorns on its body, but was still moving in a very weak way. I forgot my own pain and rushed to its side. It was the only other viscet I had seen here since I was born, but I had been so caught up in my rage that I had not remembered to greet it. I bit onto the light thorns and pulled them from the child’s body. They burned my tongue as I did so, but I only dug my claws into the ground and pressed onward, desperate to help the child. Behind me, the screams of the older ones who were also struck were beginning to die out. I did not have to look back to know that they had met the same fate as the children ahead of me. Carefully, I pulled the last thorn from the child’s back and scooped it into my arms, cradling it. He was so small and feeble. His fur was dark like the new sky, but was painted with brilliant blue, green, and yellow markings which seemed to glow with the beads of light beneath us. His breathing was weak, but present, and his heartbeat was strong. I smiled slightly as I stroked his feathered mane. “It is not fair, is it little one? That you were born within a world which was destined to die? It is not fair that you must die so young…” I stroked his mane continuously in silence while tears burned my eyes. The pain from the light thorns was beginning to spread through my whole body and I could feel my organs beginning to give out within me. Even my heart was starting to miss beats. I turned my eyes skyward and watched the flowers as they swam through the murky black. Anger filled me and I shouted out to them while the tears finally began to fall from my eyes. “So this is how it is, huh?! Create us and then abandon us to die?! I hope you all die! I hope you all are eaten by a sun, or that those thorns which you rained down on us go back and strike each of you a million times over! I hope you suffer!” In my rage, I set the tired viscling down and picked up one of the light thorns I had taken from his body in my mouth. I span around and flung it upward. It floated in the sky for a moment before falling to the ground several yards away from me. I snarled and grabbed another and threw it upward. It froze in the sky and slowly turned around to face me. Then, it split and made several copies of itself, all which aimed at me. My eyes widened and I dove for the viscling. I wrapped my body around his to protect him and soon felt the burning agony of the light thorns as the struck me once more. I could not move. My body was failing me, dying from the inside out, and all I could do was lay there and weep. Weep for their abandonment, weep for the child I protected who would never know the warmth of a sun, weep for my fallen friends and family who were killed by those plants which created them. I could only weep, and so that is what I did. I wept until I had no strength to weep any longer, and then I fell asleep.

I pulled my paws away from the small glowing sphere which hovered over his body. So this is what had happened… This is why I was here, the only one alive, among a land littered by black thorns, the light having faded from them, and corpses. I gently pressed my nose against the viscet who had protected me. If only I could have known him... I turned away and walked. Around me, the beads of light which apparently had come from the sun swayed and moved around my legs. They made a gentle tingling noise as they touched each other and reminded me of the sound that a wind chime would make. I paused. A wind chime… What was that? How would I know what that is? I looked up, puzzled. I was no more than a few hours old and yet.. I could walk, I could think, I understood things without knowing what they are… I frowned deeply and sat down, keeping my gaze on the heavens above. Was this all for me? Would I just be stuck on this land, knowing things that I have not known for the rest of my life? Perhaps it was just my destiny… to live and die here, knowing but never knowing. I knew of stories like this, all which ended in misery, though I had never heard or read them before. It was confusing, to have this sort of knowledge but not even knowing where it had come from. It frustrated and angered me. I turned my eyes to my paws and clenched my teeth. So this was it? This was all that I was. Fine, then. So be it. I would make this into the best situation for me, I will not just lay here and cry. The viscet who had died for me had wept for the both of us, and so now it was time to get to work and ensure that his death was not in vain. First things first, graves.

-Three Years Later-

I laid down on my back and gazed at the black sky above. It was all I had ever truly known. It was constant, never changing, and never moving. It made me feel so alone… I had buried each of the fallen life forms which had resided on this world before or during the time that I arrived using the light-less thorns which were stuck in the ground beside me. The task of burying them all while using such a small body took a year, but I never uttered a complaint. Somehow I knew just how to dig the graves, how deep and how wide, and how to bury them and place a marker on each one so I would always know who and where they were. As time passed on, new knowledge would just come to me. I wouldn’t even be thinking about anything when it would suddenly hit me. At first it was small details, like some cold war between two great nations, or that a man had been chosen as the leader of a nation, but they gradually grew more detailed. A viscet named Akiko had broken a charm which withheld her powers and unleashed a great storm upon the entire East of her world which caused it to become a barren waste land. A human named Allan had died in a war with his canine Max after jumping and curling around a bomb to protect his comrades. Around a week later, that same human was reborn into a viscet named Allaster who was sent to KeiNairi to restore the East and protect the dying humans. I knew things about places and creatures I had never even met or knew existed. I was just alone beneath my dark void, and yet the knowledge I gained made me feel as though I were watching these worlds grow and change with all of the life within it. It was perplexing, but no matter how long I thought about it or didn’t think about it, an answer never came into my head. It was the one thing that I feared I would never know, and the one thing that I desperately wanted to know.

-Five Years Later-

Life isn’t so boring anymore. I had moved all of the light beads into a pile so they aren’t in my way anymore, but I still use them from time to time to play games which come to my head. Games called chess and checkers are my favorite, though they are hard to play alone. Instead of playing them against myself, however, I use my memories of those who were in great tournaments in the past and compete against specific people. I have gotten very good at it and have only failed in a few matches. It is a good way to pass the time…. Time… What even is time here? On those worlds I know of they have a sun which tells them the time. It declares when they are to go to sleep and when they are to wake up. It determined the temperature of things and how certain crops will grow at certain times. Here, however, I have no sun… does that mean I have no time? How old am I now? I can’t remember how long it has been since I buried everyone… I have never felt this alone… I wish there was someone I could talk to… genuinely. I occasionally use the things that I know of other people to speak with them.. It is like watching a television show but better… The humans do not know how strange their lives are.. Perhaps it is just me, though. Everything they do is so strange and fascinating to me, but it is possible that it is only because I have been alone in this void for so long… I want to see another’s face before I die… not just a memory or a knowledge, but a physical face. One I can touch and squeeze and stare at. I want to know that I am alive, that others are alive. That I am not really alone in this world. I need to know…

-One Year Later-

I am not sure of what to think anymore. The worlds I know of have changed so much and yet so little. It is like listening to things in slow motion. I just want it to go onward, I want to know how their stories end, but it won’t let me. Every time it feels like the end, there is just another chapter. It is starting to frustrate me. I grow angry whenever a new thing comes to my head now. It never ends, it does not have an end. I will be here eternally listening to the knowledge which will never end, and I hate it. I hate it so much, it makes me want to die. …..how do I know I am alive? Everything here is always the same… perhaps I died with them on that day and am only a ghost, trapped in this moment in time where things will never change… I don’t like that idea… I beg for change now, plead for it… There is only one bead of light left. I don’t like the darkness, but it seems as though I will have to live in it forever…

-Two months later-

I realized now that I have never eaten… Perhaps I am dead… I am working to collect evidence to find out if I am alive or dead… It is harder than I thought. The bead of light is still hanging on… I hope it doesn’t leave me…

-Two months later-

Nothing has changed…nothing ever changes… I want to go home… This is not home, I refuse to accept that this is home…

-Three months later-

You will never believe this, you will never believe what has happened and I do not even know if I do! There was life! Actual life! Here, right in front of me! I could not touch him but oh if I could then I would have! He was here, he left paw prints on the ground, paw prints which are larger than mine, and he spoke to me! He was real, he was not a thought or knowledge, but real!
    I was laying on my back again, watching the sky and listening to the new report of the planet known as Earth. That one is my favorite and least favorite to listen to. The people there are so strange. Well, I was listening and suddenly I heard some weird noise, which makes no sense because there is nothing else here to make noise. I looked around, and there he was! He was standing there, watching me. I didn’t know how to react for a while, I just stared at him like some idiot. I could have all the knowledge of two worlds, and yet when I was faced with a real, living creature I did not know how to react. He talked to me, told me that there would be these strange flowers which would sprout here soon. The blue lily would be Earth, and the purple rose would be KeiNairi. He told me that I would have to keep them alive and protect them, and that if either should wilt, then the world would fall with it. He told me that as I gained more knowledge, more flowers would come here that I needed to protect and keep alive. But then… he left……. But his message rang within my head, and I could not help but feel joyous. There would be life here, actual life which would live with me on this planet where I had been the only life. I love that word now. Life, life, life! I wanted to scream it to the skies, to proclaim it to the worlds that I knew of. Life!

-One Month Later-

The flowers arrived a few days after he left. They started as small, green stalks, but grew into such magnificent things. They are larger than the lilies and roses I have known of from the other worlds, nearly five feet tall, but I do not mind. I care for them using the beads. All of the beads have lost their light, but for some reason when I place one on top of a flower, the flower curls around it and eats it and its color grows slightly brighter. The rose, KeiNairi, takes a lot more work to keep alive. It is stubborn and sometimes won’t eat, but I still love it. I care for it as often as I care for the lily. My favorite thing to do at night is lay beside them and gaze at them against the black void. It is nice to see color… I had not seen color that was not my own in such a long time… It was peaceful…
    ……..
    …..

Wait….
    You… You have been… listening to me?
    You have, haven’t you?! I just got knowledge of you, I can see you! Wh-Where are you?! How can you see my words?! Please, please answer me! Do something, show me that you are actually hearing me!
    …..
    …….
    I guess you can’t, huh?.... What’s your name?..... I like to be called Crow…. They are large black birds that live on Earth, they are pretty smart and cool…. I wish there was a crow here…. I wish you could talk to me…. It is okay, though… I guess that I am not really alone here…. The flowers have changed so much for me…. They gave my life purpose, so now I no longer have to lay on the ground for ages…. I miss sounds…. Genuine sounds…. I had almost forgotten what they were before he came…. Will you visit me, too?... Perhaps that is why you can see my words…. I am pestering you, aren’t I…. I fear that I can become boring at times…. Perhaps that it is best I leave you alone now…. Your life is much shorter than my own…. Live it fully and live it well…. I’ll keep an eye on you from time to time…. I hope that your life is as grand as you dreamed it to be…. Farewell, friend.

Personality:
    H-huh? What is this… Earth, you are… you’re… talking to me? You’re a flower, how are you-! ………………Personality?......... All this time and all you ask me is personality…… How are- Oh my!! It’s you again! You, the one who can see my words! I thought I had lost you, it has been so long! Well, I suppose for you it has only been a little bit, but here it has been ages! I missed you! How are you? Are you well? I know I can see myself but I just like to ask. I don’t like not having a name for you…. But you don’t seem able to talk to me, well except for that one question… how did you do that, by the way? Could you do it again?.... I guess not…. Is it okay if I call you…. Voice? No, that is weird. To you I am probably just a voice… How about Hope? Yeah… I like that… It is fitting… Oh! Oh right! Gosh, I got so excited I almost forgot your question, I am so sorry!
    My personality… Well, I like to think that I am extroverted. I have spoken to every life form I have met!... Which is two, if I include you… I don’t think I could count the flowers… I like to think that I am hopeful, too. I must be, after all, or else I would never be hoping that I will see you, or that you will be able to speak to me in full sentences. Another trait… loyal. It takes a lot to care for these flowers, but I am still here. I care for them continuously, even when KeiNairi pokes me with a thorn and is stubborn. Earth seems to not need much of my help to stay alive… I just feed it and it is happy. KeiNairi seems to be extremely dependent on me, though… I guess that would also make me fatherly? I care for them like human parents care for their children, so I guess that trait would suit me as well… It is hard to think of traits for yourself, you don’t want to say something that someone disagrees with on you and you don’t want to call yourself only good things otherwise you seem like a narcissist… Am I a narcissist? No. No, I don’t think I am… I care more about these flowers than I do myself, a narcissist couldn’t do that… Oh, right. Sorry, I can’t seem to focus… scatter brained would probably be another good trait for me then, huh? Did you laugh? I can’t tell... I did… It was a small laugh, though, so don’t feel bad if you didn’t. I don’t even know why I laughed…. Needy. I am very needy… You can probably tell, huh? Sorry… Energetic… sometimes… Mostly when I know that you are able to see my words, or when Earth or KeiNairi do something interesting… Curious, for sure. I am very curious, but I don’t really have any means of solving my curiosity. Devoted, that I am as well, I suppose… I am not stubborn… What is the opposite of stubborn? A push over? Sure… That’s all I can think of for now, is that all?.......... ah… I am sorry, I don’t know what I expected… I guess I was waiting for you to talk through Earth again… but thank you, for visiting me in a way. It was nice… Have a good day, farewell Hope.
Last edited by Hail. on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 am, edited 14 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 am

mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 am

Mark!
Res with Traven (lol ok)
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CO1LD » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 am

dropping out because i realized there is no way i am winning against howlingtothestars XD
Last edited by CO1LD on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
COLD; ImageImage
on 'n off with CS during the months but
practically glued when there's event pets

©
ImageImageImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery