Viscet #1283 by ~Phantom

Based on Click to view
Artist ~Phantom [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1283

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:46 am

Okay, so this is pretty exciting and really making me nervous, being a guest artist and all! Can't wait to improve ^-^

For this comp, you must explain to me what their unique career is and how that changes them. It will be a kind of long contest as I want to see your writing abilities! None of the extras may include art of the viscet themselves, it may include art of the items they adore or a place their career has taken them, get creative but if you chose to have some art in only a max of three! The 1000 words for the extras may be broken up however you want ^-^

Form!
Code: Select all
Username:
Name: 
How the career changes them: Min 400 words and Max 800
Extras: You have 1000 words to go crazy!
OptionalArt: May be of three possible pieces

Mutations: ~None~

End Date: The 25th of March at 8pm, AEST
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1283

Postby Scturn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 am

Dropping out
Last edited by Scturn on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scturn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:54 am

Username: Scarlet_Wolf
Name: Ferretti (nn. Ferr, Ferri)
Career: Ferretti is a forensic scientist - he spends his days examining blood samples and fingerprints, attempting to discover the million dollar question; whodunit? This Viscet can usually be found rushing about his lab, a microscope turned on and a slide under the magnifier. Ferr is very good at his job. Often, he can determine who's committed a crime before the evidence has even been looked at. Because of his impeccable ability to solve crimes, people have dubbed him "This Century's Sherlock Holmes." And, as a matter of fact, they're not wrong - similar to the fictional detective, Ferr can deduce many different things about people, varying from the number of pets they have to whether or not they're married.

[ wc ; 119/400 ]

How the career changes them: Ferretti's career has made him a bit more wary of getting close to people - he gets to see firsthand the effects of murder. On occasion, he'll have nightmares, waking up in a writhing heap, his bedsheets coiled around his legs like pythons. His shar-pei puppy, Henry, will often be looking up at him from the floor, worry creasing his already-extremely-wrinkled forehead. Ferr often travels as a result of his work, going to nearby places to examine crime scenes. Despite this, he's never quite gotten used to travelling via plane. He hates not being able to see the ground, and the turbulence is the absolute worst. He'd much prefer taking an eight-hour drive than spend one in a plane. When not at work, Ferr can be found outside with Henry, either jogging or enjoying a nice cup of tea at an outdoor cafe, his feet crossed at the ankles and eyes on people in the crowds, deducing everything - she's having an affair, he has two cats, his mother is sick. Ferretti absolutely adores knowing things, and will do everything in his power to make sure that the information he receives is correct.

This Viscet can be quite intimidating at times, his gaze harsh and penetrating while he tries to figure out what is not being said. Despite this, he can be quite caring with the very few people that he allows himself to get close to. His best friend has to be Henry - Ferr consults with the puppy all the time, explaining everything that he discovers aloud (it helps him think). The dog is a perfect companion for Ferr, and usually gazes up at him when he speaks, his chocolate brown eyes wide as if he understands his words. Ferretti, while smart-mouthed and sometimes sarcastic, will usually accept the fact that he's wrong, instead changing his mindset to figure out his own mistakes and fix them in the future.

Ferretti enjoys reading nonfiction books, everything from the causes of diseases to the effects of deforestation. He can sometimes be quite annoying, spouting off random, mostly-useless facts ("Did you know that Martha Washington named a tomcat after Alexander Hamilton?"). People will often find him lounging on the boardwalk, a book in hand and tail draped over the edge of the wooden slats.

Despite his sometimes rough job, Ferr is extremely gentle and caring towards the injured and the frightened. During times of extreme distress, he's almost constantly whipping out a Kleenex and offering it to a sniffling child. Though he is capable of being loving, Ferr is usually found with a very monotone voice and a slightly bored expression on his face.

[ wc ; 443/800]

Extras:
- very critical
- cynical
- clever
- gentle (despite his tough exterior)
- seemingly cold
- reserved
- keeps to himself
- has a shar-pei puppy named henry
- likes tea
- experiments often
- dislikes driving
- likes spaghetti (???)
- hates chocolate
- that doesn't include white chocolate
- "it's not real chocol--" "it's sTILL GOOD."
- from england
- has thick accent
- likes wearing earrings
- dislikes wearing watches
- likes reading the newspaper
- hates reality television
- afraid of heights
- prefers talking in person over text
- "it's more personal that way."
- very deep, monotone voice
- plays piano
- likes designing clothes
- likes fruit
- dislikes peanut butter
- hates obnoxious people
- likes music
- "my chemical romance may be dead but their music is still good."
- forgets to turn off lights often
- can fall asleep in any position
- likes cooking
- hates hospitals
- "they smell like sick people."
- enjoys learning things
- slightly intimidating
- uses his hands a lot when speaking
- thinks out loud
- hates fireworks; remind him of gunshots
- likes chewing ice
- hates drinking coffee
- likes dancing (he can waltz like nobody's business)
- enjoys swimming
- long walks on the beach
- ice cream !!
- lemon-flavored sorbets are his favorite
- favorite animal is a swan
- is exTREMELY TALL
- likes books
- "nonfiction is waaaay better than fiction."
- likes the color lilac
- really good at solving rubik's cubes???
- has like 20 at home
- all of them are completed
- sometimes he scrambles them just to do them again
- likes camping
- s'mores!
- dislikes water
- can't swim

[ wc ; 293/1000 ]
Last edited by notwearingsocks on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Dropping put.
Last edited by Softballpup12 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Username:
    Piefan
Name:
    Denise
Career:
    Film director. Maybe famous is an overstatement - she doesn't have a huge, dedicated fanbase - but she's definitely well-known in the movie world. Most people, even if they don't know her name, have watched at least some of her movies. In terms of genre, her movies run the gamut from action to romance to high fantasy, but they're all generally recognisable for their rich characters and invariably happy endings. (64 words)
How the career changes them:
    Denise's career doesn't affect her so much as her personality affects it. That having been said, it has made her mark on her - she has a certain dramatic air that probably stems from watching actors do the same. It's not usually overt, but it's certainly there in the way she talks, articulated and prone to monologues. There's a kind of forced elegance to her as well. Her gait's deliberate, her smile too bright, and any observant onlooker can tell that they're affectations. Something that stems more directly from her job is that she's very good at writing and design. She doesn't necessarily know how to draw, but she knows how to evoke emotion or make a point with her use of space, colour, or shapes. The same can be said with her stories, too. There's something visceral about the way she writes; the imagery she uses and the characters she makes tend to draw out emotion from people surprisingly easily.

Her job pays well, and because she never really has to worry about money, she's very generous with it. She spends it like it'll never run out, from pointlessly expensive ornaments to constant expensive restaurants. Of course Denise donates a portion of her money, but she doesn't really put much thought into it beyond "oh, yeah, that's what some of my buddies said I should do." You'd think, given it's part of her duties to manage films' budgets, that she'd be a lot more frugal with her own. Nope. She just doesn't see the use in being careful with her money - she's rich, and she can borrow money from her friends if she has to, right?

Her work schedule is erratic. One month she's running around, frantic, because she has deadlines to meet and she's way behind schedule; the next she's not doing anything, just living off the money she made off her last job, wandering aimlessly around. Because of this, she doesn't really commit herself to anything - the few friends she has tend to be low-maintenance. She surrounds herself who'll be fine with her disappearing for weeks to months at a time before reappearing and clinging to them in short bursts. In general, she seems to hate things that she can't abandon at will, perhaps because she's just used to not committing to things. She doesn't have much of a life outside her job, many a hobby or class having been dropped because it required too much time. (409 words)

Snippets of an interview with Denise
(Snippets because she's not a very interesting person, and half her answers are ridiculously dull.)

"What motivates you? Why do you make movies?"

It's cliché, perhaps, but I have to say that, ultimately, it's because some stories just have to be told, and sometimes films are the best way to tell them. I used to write stories a lot - I still do, even - but I think the written medium didn't do them justice. Maybe it's just because I'm an extraordinarily bad writer, but they felt more real when I made short films out of them. These days, I do not write most of my scripts, but I still feel like I have to tell their stories.

I don't think of my movies as trying to push any agenda, though I know some of them - like Golden Summers - might seem like it. They're more art than anything else to me, and I make a point of separating them from politics or my personal life.

What are some of your hobbies?

I'm rather an avid writer and reader, although I suppose most people know about that. I'm especially fond of horror. It's the sole genre I don't know how to write or direct; I can inspire fear in some people, but it's just a cheap, momentary thrill. That's why I read it so much - I'm not easily scared myself, but I love seeing other people's ways of frightening their audience.

I've taken up baking recently as well. My eternal struggle with macarons will never cease. I spend more time fiddling with the recipes than actually making them, in all honesty.

(She spends like 90% of her spare time reading through forum archives and wandering through sites like TVTropes, but she's never going to admit it.)

"What's your worst fear?"

Worst? I'm not sure. The first one that comes to mind is not being able to create. So much of my life revolves around stories - my career's all about telling them through films, most of my spare time is spent writing little stories. I can't imagine having them taken away from me.

(That's a lie. She'd be pretty annoyed if she couldn't tell stories anymore, but apart from finding a new job, she'd be fine. Her actual worst fear is dolls and mannequins - they creep her out. She's okay with things that aren't imitating Viscets, though, like teddy bears.)

"If you weren't a movie director, what would you be?"

I...? I'm not sure, really. It's hard to answer this question, given I'd practically never thought of anything else since I was a Viscling.

Barring the obvious - I'm sure everyone could tell my first choice would be a writer or something of that ilk - I'd guess a... mathematician, perhaps? Philosopher? I'm not sure if the latter is actually a paying job. All the same, I'm far more of a thinking person than a doing person, and it doesn't help that I have the physical ability of a hamster. Given the chance, I'd likely decline most jobs that

"What's your greatest weakness?"

At the risk of repeating myself, I'm not sure. I hate to sound arrogant, but I don't have any glaring faults, at least not any that I've noticed.

I suppose I do have a horrifically brief attention span, however. There have been an unhealthy number of occasions where I missed important information because I got distracted by someone's foot-tapping or a butterfly flitted past or something similarly inane.

"What's your biggest regret?"

. . .

Skip.

(She doesn't like airing her personal life like that, but Denise does regret letting her relationship with her family slip so much. Her parents have tried to contact her, but she's invariably busy, and especially back when she was younger, she never bothered to reach out when she wasn't. Now she thinks it's too awkward to try.)

"What do you value most in a person?"

It'd depend on what I was seeking in them. I have different expectations for business partners and people I actually plan on dealing with.

In colleagues, I seek skill and devotion, nothing more. Unless they're using the money for something blatantly harmful, I keep my relationship with them purely professional. I don't care about their attitude toward me or their personal life; it is none of my business what they may do in their spare time, as long as they get the job done.

As for friends, I'm not sure. My social circle is rather diverse, so no matter what I said, you'd almost always find find an exception. I'm unlikely to befriend people who expect me to be text or meet up with them all the time, but that's about it. I like knowing people with different sorts of hobbies and personalities; it's a lot more interesting than the alternative.

"What small things make you happy?"
Dawns and dusks, when I have the time to watch them, leave me feeling fantastic for the rest of the day. They're beautiful, to me. In general, the prospect of just having time makes me happy. I love my job, of course, but it often leaves me too busy to do much.

Ah, time's running out, isn't it? In list form, just to hurry things up a bit - good coffee, the stars, orchestral music, fresh laundry, wildflowers. I'm not as fond of potted plants and the like, though there's no reason for it other than that I don't find them as aesthetically pleasing without other flora around them.

Other trivia
Build - small, in both height and weight.
Voice - naturally too high for her liking; she deliberately speaks in a lower tone most of the time, though it slips when surprised.
Posture - straight, but not stiff.
Handwriting - tall, narrow, and neat with light strokes.
Diet - eats healthily for the most part.

(986 words)
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Sorry for the late notice *since it's been over a day* but this is finished and will be judged!

Image Image Imagex

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Okay so without further ado I shall announce the winner!

Piefan, your writing was amazing and I loved how you managed to explain how her role affects her, as it seemed might hard. And Scarlet_Wolf, your form was very good! The career idea was very unique, and how it affected him clicked together.

But now since only one can win, I must say that this Viscet will be going to Piefan. I feel like you used the extra writing very well and that to me just pushed you out in front. I've added you to the viscet :)

Image Image Imagex

~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 am

awww, congratulations, piefan !!

your viscet is so cute omg ;u;
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:36 am

Ahh, thanks, the both of you!!! I'll definitely be taking care of her. :)
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me