Based on Click to view
Artist ~SpotOnAppy~ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Khimaira Friesian #2906

Postby ~SpotOnAppy~ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:05 pm

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Orca Demon!
Unlimited Impress me

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Color: Black Khim Cloud Coloured Cobweb Reverse Splash Sabino with Fantasy
Genetics: Ee/aa/Kckc/Sbsb + Coloured Cobweb + Reverse splash + Underwater Creature Fantasy
Demon Gene: Coloured horns, hooves, markings, mane and tail || Colour: Ocean shades
Breeding Info:
-Reverse splash cannot pass
-Cobweb will only be coloured if they pass as irregular and demon passes
-Demon has a 20% chance to pass
-Fantasy passes with 20% (Underwater Creature Theme)

Impress me.

End Date: 30th of June

Code: Select all
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Colour:[/b]
[b]Pearl Colour:[/b]
[/quote]
Last edited by ~SpotOnAppy~ on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~SpotOnAppy~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PuppygirlWillow - Orca

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Owner: PuppygirlWillow
Show Name: Secret of the Deep
Barn Name: Orca
Height: 19hh
Role: Activism & awareness
Theme Song: Born For This
Halter Colour: Light blue (like his hooves)
Pearl Colour: White

I've been tried, and you know I've been tested-
But I won't back down, no I'll never surrender!
I've seen the proof, I know the truth,
This is what I was made to do...
I was born for this.

Personality: As the beautiful whales of the sea are powerful and graceful, and yet full of passion and confidence, so too is Orca. The stallion is as gentle as gentle comes and has a particularly soft spot for the living creatures around him. He seeks enjoyment through others pleasure and happiness, and if he can make someone's day, he'd happily go out of his way to do so. Apart from all that though, and underlying everything, Orca is passionate. To be an activist and to promote the good things in life that he was made to protect, he has to be. He is very good at explaining his side of things, and encouraging people and animals to do what they can to help.

Likes and Dislikes:
+Water
+ Swimming
+ Playing with sea creatures
+ Making friends
+ Helping others see a better way

- Poachers
- Pollution
- Corrupt humans
- Animal cruelty
- Closed-mindedness

Friendship: In his dealings with promoting the freedom of those creatures he loves so much, Orca came into contact with a team from Aquarium Park* and joined the team there for a while to promote the conservation program that the water and natural park had in place.
It was while he was working with the Park that he met a young orca who had been rescused from the wild when he was found by himself, without a pod or mother, starving and lost. The young orca was dubbed 'Orkid', and took a great liking to the equine. He would follow the horse along the edge of his pool whenever Orca wandered past, and it wasn't long before the handlers and keepers were letting the stallion into the pen, allowing the horse to swim with Orkid, and enjoy a game of ball or something similar, bouncing it between each other.

*Not an actual animal/water park.

His Markings: The orca's stand for his mission- what he was created for- to publicise the plight of the animals of the sea and help try and rescue them through display and activism. Orcas, in particular, are what he most relates to in attitude and thought, and is most passionate about. His friend Orkid is part of the inspiration for this, but in the end, it was because he held the same qualities as the black and white whales of the sea.

Colour in by me, lines x. Will probably redo.

Story: Watching the situation down below him on Earth, the Great God of the Sea, Poseidon, was saddened and upset by the state of his beautiful oceans. The growing pollution and the effect of the humans on the natural world was degrading the animals, corals, and other sea-plants at an alarming rate, and something needed to be done.

Standing up from his throne, made of shells and rocks and beautiful coral, Poseidon grabbed his Triton and swam out into the sea from his ocean-deep palace. Two of the closest of his dolphins swam with him as he approached the dwelling of his consort, Amphitrite. She was hosting four of the other Goddesses at that very moment; Themis (Divine law and order), Athena (Wisdom and War), Aphrodite (Love and Beauty) and Eris (Strife and Discord). He needed advice on what to do.

Before he stepped in, he called out his intentions, not wanting to offend the Goddesses in any way. They could hold grudges for a VERY long time! "Beautiful Goddesses of the World, I wish to enter and seek your advice." At the agreement of the feminine beings, Poseidon entered and very carefully chose his words. "I thank you, dear Goddesses. Please, I wish to end the suffering of my ocean and the creatures living within it, ending humans inflictions on those I hold most dear. I would very much be honoured to hear your advice on what course of action I should take."

Athena and Eris talked over each other in their haste to answer, both suggesting that he "just remove the humans who are spreading the pollution and ask the Fates to intervene. They are only humans." Eris he would expect it from, but Athena must have been having a bad day. Even more reason to tread carefully. Themis then spoke up in the following silence, reprimanding the fellow Goddesses. "That will not do- the justice of the world dictates that even we must conduct ourselves with some seblance of care. You cannot just destroy humans who cause problems. They must be fairly judged and made aware of their wrong-doing."

Eris scoffed in return, but before she could let out a retort, Athena spoke up again, looking at Themis with a mix of begrudging admiration and annoyance. "Good Themis has a sound reasoning, and we as Higher Beings understand that humans are foolish, and know not what they do. They should be made to understand what they are doing is wrong. It is the only way they will learn as a species."

It was at this point that Aphrodite spoke up for the first time, and her gentle voice implored them all. "The method of their awakening should be soft and lovely, so that they may not set their hard hearts against it. Something beautiful to be admired and adored. What is it that humans like?"

It took only a good half an hour before the decision was made, and the conclusion that an animal would be the best way to add God-sent awareness of the issue. Humans loved animals, and in particular, horses. They represented power and strength and were beautiful, and while compliant, could still have a mind of their own. Amphitrite made the good point that it should be clear what this majestic creature stood for, and to make it obvious what the purpose of the heaven-sent stallion would be.

Without another word, Poseidon raised his Triton, pointed it at a nearby shell, tinted blue and green, and the shell formed itself into a stunning, strong equine, with horns to illustrate his power, the creatures on his shoulder applying their calm ferocity to his nature. The moving lights and hues of the ocean danced on the horse's coat, and coming from below, it was only natural that he had the ability to communicate with all living things.

Looking into the eyes of his living creation, Poseidon spoke gently and straight, not even hesitating in his words. "Go forth, and create a harmony between the sea and the humans that destroy it."

The horse was transported to the surface in a moment, and as they say, 'the rest is history'.

Whale and background art by me. Freehand with mouse. Horse coloured in by me, lines x. Again, freehand mouse. Drew the horns myself. Edited together with Photoshop.

I've been tried, and you know I've been tested-
But I won't back down, no I'll never surrender!
I've seen the proof, I know the truth,
This is what I was made to do...
I was born for this.
Last edited by PuppygirlWillow on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 25 times in total.
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Khimaira Friesian #2906

Postby NeriHyuga » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

chimeric pass with 20% and reverse markings can't pass ^^
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kruxly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Owner: Honeymoo
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Height: 17.1hh
Halter Colour: Bright White
Pearl Colour: Blue Ocean Wave

wip

Pulling out due to lack of time
Last edited by Kruxly on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kruxly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stitch~ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Marking
──── comrades to die ─
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
Coding Artist
My Viscets My Khims My Dogons

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hey! I'm Stitch previously xostef202.
I am part of two communities
Viscets and Khimaira Friesians.
If you see me around don’t
be afraid to say hi to me or ask
any questions.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
── with my life ───────
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stitch~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MaidofHeart » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 am

Owner: MaidofHeart
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter Colour: Aqua/Bluegreen
Pearl Colour: Black

WIP
MaidofHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I NEED! Major WIP.

Postby Me?Sarcastic? » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 am

Owner: MeSarcastic?
Show Name: Ruler Over Even the Deepest Waters
Barn Name: Oceanus (The Greek Titan of the Ocean)
Height: 18 HH
Halter Colour: Surprise me!
Pearl Colour: Surprise me!
Theme Song: Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Story: Oceanus. A name once known by every human man, woman, or child. A name to be revered and worshipped. "The father of everything" they called him. They believed all the stars rose and fell at his command. Even Helios, the Titan of the sun, obeyed his command. They believed he protected them from Tartarus and the Underworld. He was the oldest son of Uranus and Gaia, and thus the first Titan. Some even believed him to be above all others. And yet, now? No one remembers his history, his power, even his name has been almost completely forgotten... all because of Poseidon, the upstart god of the sea. This is the story of how such a complete change occurred, and of what happened after the fact.
Oceanus was indeed the eldest of the Titans. He was born as the personification of water. Not just the ocean, oh no, all water. Rivers, lakes, ponds, seas, even the little puddles after a rainstorm. He controlled it all. He also had control of all the creatures that lived in the ocean. All of this to say, he was powerful. VERY powerful. ImageHowever, he didn't misuse this power, like some of his siblings did. He refused to help his brothers kill their father, and when the gods vs Titans war came around, he remained neutral. He even allowed Poseidon, his nephew, to build a fortress in the ocean to help the other gods. However, after the gods defeated his brothers and sisters, Oceanus had to watch as they were all cut into millions of pieces and thrown into Tartarus. He could sometimes hear them down there, and this bothered him.
The other thing that bothered him was the fact that his nephew had decided to stay in the ocean. At first, this was completely fine with the titan. He welcomed the company. Then, his nephew asked if he could help with running the kingdom. After all, Oceanus's domain was enormous. There was so much to control that it was indeed hard to keep order alone. So Oceanus accepted the offer, and Poseidon became his right-hand man. This meant he was, slowly and surely, gaining power and territory, but Oceanus wasn't all that worried. He was willing to share the ocean (he was generous that way). As long as Poseidon didn't try to become king of more than half, it was alright with Oceanus. But Poseidon continued to gain power, without any sign of slowing. About a third of all ocean life reported to him now. At this point, Oceanus was beginning to lose his calm. More and more of his subjects began to love his nephew more than him. They talked of him constantly behind the titan's back.
Finally, Oceanus confronted the Poseidon about it. "I'm simply trying the lighten your burden, my lord, so you can more spend time with your wife and kids." He answered innocently. "Very well. Continue on with your duties." Oceanus replied, and he left. After all, his nephew was doing a good job. It wasn't like he was a bad ruler. But Poseidon's answer did not comfort the titan. A nagging voice at the back

of his head said that this wouldn't end well, but what grounds did he have to banish Poseidon? So many of his subjects loved the sea god. If he tossed him out on a whim, they would rebel. Eventually, each immortal owned exactly half of all water and ocean life. Poseidon moved into Oceanus's palace, and set himself up a throne. They were exactly equal.
This is where Oceanus drew the line. If his nephew gained even one more particle of the ocean, the titan would throw him out. Then one of Oceanus's own children married his nephew.
As soon as Oceanus found out, he went to Poseidon with some of his most trusted guards. "You are here by banished from the realm of Ocean by command of the Ruler of the Seas and Lord of the Waters. You will be given two hours to clear yourself and all your belongings out of the ocean."
"What for?"
"For disobeying the king."
"And if I don't comply?"
"Then you will be forced." the Titan said grimly.
"By who?" The smug look on Poseidon's face angered and worried Oceanus.
"By all those who stand around us."
"I don't think anyone here would force me away. Potamo? Dmia, are you going to throw me out?" Neither answered.
"They will at my command. Any of my subject would." Although Oceanus was a bit uncertain about that right now. "Then let's see. How about a little challenge? We gather all the creatures of the ocean and let them decide which of us they want as king. The other must willingly step down and may live the rest of his days peacefully in the depths of the ocean. No violence. No throwing anyone out. What do you say?" Oceanus knew he was backed into a corner. If he refused and just ordered his nephew thrown out, the kingdom would certainly rebel, but if he accepted, he would be putting all of his power on the hands of his subject, who he wasn't so sure would vouch for him. But did he really have a choice? "I accept your challenge."
-Two days later-
Poseidon smiled confidently as they exited the palace. It had only taken two days, two days, for all the creatures of the ocean to assemble before the palace. Oceanus stared out at the crowd, stretching as far as the eye could see. He was nervous. For the first time in his life, he felt as though he was unevenly matched. Dike, the goddess of justice, had come to judge the findings of the vote, just in case. In fact, she was explaining things to the creatures right now, but Oceanus wasn't paying completely attention. He already knew what was happening. The plan was to let each creature swim to either the right or left. The right for Poseidon, the left for Oceanus. It was simple, and yet the outcome would change the fate of the ocean forever. "And now, each of the kings will give a short speech. Poseidon, as the challenger, you're up first." The goddess stepped down next to Oceanus, who heard nothing of what Poseidon said. His ears were ringing and he felt as though he might pass out. "..and so with these words in mind, please, vote for a better life. Vote for a god." Oceanus tuned into these last words, then Dike looked at him nodding to the stage. "Um...I-I... Um, well. Woo, OK. Look, I can't use words as well as Poseidon here, so I'm not going to try to convince you to vote for me. I've done

all I can to make your world peaceful and prosperous, and if you truly think I've failed in this, then by all means, vote for someone who you think will give these things to you. However, if you believe that I have done my absolute best to care for and protect my domain, then...oh how does that old human adage go? "If it ain't broke don't fix it."? Thanks for coming out here and stuff. So, yeah, that's all I've got to say." The titan stepped down from the platform, and suddenly felt a wave of clarity. He tried his best, and he knew in his heart of hearts that no one would do any better for this kingdom. He was the rightful ruler, and would always be. No one could replace him. And with that thought grew resentment in the back of his mind for Poseidon, but it was still small.
"Now, let the voting begin!"
Immediately the crowd began to split. Come on, come on, come on! Oceanus chanted in his mind over and over. So far the crowd seemed evenly separated. Now all those left were the deep thinkers, probably the most intelligent of the sea. Several joined the left at once and Oceanus was ahead. Yes! YES! he was already figuring out where to send Poseidon, but then the rest of the remaining, all at once, joined the right.
Oceanus stood for a moment, completely blank and in shock. His throne, the people, his power: all gone in an instant. He would be banished to the darkest, worst part of the ocean for eternity. He couldn't hear, he couldn't see. Everything around him went away for just a moment. Then came the raging fury. The water began to boil and swirl around him His face turn from blank to full of ire, his body began to grow taller and taller until he was full titan size. Suddenly, random bolts of scalding water shot from his hands.
The crowd burst into screams and went into a crazed frenzy. Poseidon snapped into action. As said before, he was a good leader, even an excellent leader. "Dike, tell the other ocean gods we need their help. Potamo, take a squadron of soldier and try to calm that crowd. Get as many as far away from here as possible. Dmia, I need to you go get my trident. GO NOW!" The water around the titan was steaming. Oceanus was barely even visible anymore. The water everywhere was heating up, almost the to point of unbearable-ness. The polar icecaps were melting rapidly (Poseidon could just tell). Soon, Dmia was back with the trident. Poseidon began to combat the Oceanus's power with his own. He wasn't as strong directly, but he had his mind, and it didn't seem like the titan did. He imagined the water freezing over, everything cold. He also imagined calm waters surrounding him, still as still could be. The waves obeyed and he was able to make a pathway, just big enough for him, to reach the other stallion. Quickly he swam towards Oceanus, working hard to keep his little bubble safe. All the water around him was opaque with steam.Finally, he got to the titan, and with all the strength in him, he willed the water to freeze around the titan. Immediately the steam dissipated, and once it did, in front of the sea god was Oceanus frozen in a block of ice.
Eventually, the crowd calmed. Poseidon assured them of their safety and instantly a deafening cheer broke out. After a few minutes, it too dissipated and everyone began to journey back home. Meanwhile, Poseidon and the other most important sea gods decided on what to do with Oceanus. In the end, they decided to banish

him to land, and just to make sure that he never threatened the kingdom again, Poseidon cast a curse over the titan, one that would never let him enter the water again. And with that they sent him off to an unknown little stable on the edge of the Atlantic. Oceanus still lives there today, right next to the water, and yet not able to ever go home. It's a cruel fate, and someday the titan swears that he will have his revenge.
Personality: Oceanus is a pretty laid-back fellow in general. He goes with the flow and doesn't make a fuss, He's content with his place in life, and rarely ever complains. He's also pretty quiet and listens well. He has good thoughts, but he also isn't as vocal as other horses, meaning he often doesn't get a word in edgewise because others jump in before he can say anything. He's the strong, silent type. However, this also means that he hates to burden others with his problems and will quietly suffer instead of just telling someone and getting help. In that way he could be described as proud, but it's more that he doesn't want anyone else to hold the burden. He feels if it's his burden, he must carry it himself. It's no one else's problem. Although, this doesn't apply to others. If he finds out any of his friends are suffering something and haven't told anyone, he will usually get slightly annoyed with them, as he understands that it is better to tell someone. Finally, he's loyal to a fault and deadly calm. It usually takes a lot to anger him, but if you mess with his friends or his kingdom, he will hod a grudge for all time, and will not hesitate to hunt you down.
Orca Pattern History: (Don't worry this one won't be super long XD) They're his favorite sea animal and his symbol. He created them out of the black of the depths of the ocean, and the ice of the North Pole. He wanted a creature that embodied who he was, as a way for humans to honor and worship him. Plus, all the other titans and gods had all the good animals as their symbols, so why not make his own. They're majestic, yet dangerous; calm, but not idle. He loves them and before he was banished from the sea, they were protected by him. If anyone killed one, they would be cursed with eternal paranoia, as Orcas are trusting creatures. However, when he was removed from the sea, his protection of them was removed as well. So now, humans can and have freely hunted them until they're endangered. That's one of the things that hurts most about Oceanus's banishment, and one of the things that Poseidon has most overlooked.
Biggest Enemy: Poseidon, the horse who took away everything he loved.
Closest Friend: Kilo. This was one of Oceanus's closest followers and most trusted confidants when he ruled the sea. When he was banished, Kilo wanted to go with him and bear the punishment together, but Oceanus would have none of it. He ordered Kilo to go back home, and even though he technically was no longer in change of the stallion, Kilo went anyways. However, the Hippocampi still comes back to visit about once every six months, and brings news about the ocean to Oceanus.
Art: I'm sorry.
Art 2: Slightly better.
Other: The story above is only loosely based on the real story of Oceanus, so it is not true to actual Greek mythology. The main storyline was thought up and written by me, so if your interested in the real story of Oceanus, PM me and I'll send you a link to it.
(2,400 words)
Last edited by Me?Sarcastic? on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me?Sarcastic?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:26 pm

I am going to try but idk

Owner:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Halter Colour:
Pearl Colour:
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I NEED! Major WIP.

Postby ~SpotOnAppy~ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Me?Sarcastic? wrote:
Owner: MeSarcastic?
Show Name: Ruler Over Even the Deepest Waters
Barn Name: Oceanus (The Greek Titan of the Ocean)
Height: 18 HH
Halter Colour: Surprise me!
Pearl Colour: Surprise me!
Theme Song: Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Story: Oceanus. A name once known by every human man, woman, or child. A name to be revered and worshipped. "The father of everything" they called him. They believed all the stars rose and fell at his command. Even Helios, the Titan of the sun, obeyed his command. They believed he protected them from Tartarus and the Underworld. He was the oldest son of Uranus and Gaia, and thus the first Titan. Some even believed him to be above all others. And yet, now? No one remembers his history, his power, even his name has been almost completely forgotten... all because of Poseidon, the upstart god of the sea. This is the story of how such a complete change occurred, and of what happened after the fact.
Oceanus was indeed the eldest of the Titans. He was born as the personification of water. Not just the ocean, oh no, all water. Rivers, lakes, ponds, seas, even the little puddles after a rainstorm. He controlled it all. He also had control of all the creatures that lived in the ocean. All of this to say, he was powerful. VERY powerful. ImageHowever, he didn't misuse this power, like some of his siblings did. He refused to help his brothers kill their father, and when the gods vs Titans war came around, he remained neutral. He even allowed Poseidon, his nephew, to build a fortress in the ocean to help the other gods. However, after the gods defeated his brothers and sisters, Oceanus had to watch as they were all cut into millions of pieces and thrown into Tartarus. He could sometimes hear them down there, and this bothered him.
The other thing that bothered him was the fact that his nephew had decided to stay in the ocean. At first, this was completely fine with the titan. He welcomed the company. Then, his nephew asked if he could help with running the kingdom. After all, Oceanus's domain was enormous. There was so much to control that it was indeed hard to keep order alone. So Oceanus accepted the offer, and Poseidon became his right-hand man. This meant he was, slowly and surely, gaining power and territory, but Oceanus wasn't all that worried. He was willing to share the ocean (he was generous that way). As long as Poseidon didn't try to become king of more than half, it was alright with Oceanus. But Poseidon continued to gain power, without any sign of slowing. About a third of all ocean life reported to him now. At this point, Oceanus was beginning to lose his calm. More and more of his subjects began to love his nephew more than him. They talked of him constantly behind the titan's back.
Finally, Oceanus confronted the Poseidon about it. "I'm simply trying the lighten your burden, my lord, so you can more spend time with your wife and kids." He answered innocently. "Very well. Continue on with your duties." Oceanus replied, and he left. After all, his nephew was doing a good job. It wasn't like he was a bad ruler. But Poseidon's answer did not comfort the titan. A nagging voice at the back

of his head said that this wouldn't end well, but what grounds did he have to banish Poseidon? So many of his subjects loved the sea god. If he tossed him out on a whim, they would rebel. Eventually, each immortal owned exactly half of all water and ocean life. Poseidon moved into Oceanus's palace, and set himself up a throne. They were exactly equal.
This is where Oceanus drew the line. If his nephew gained even one more particle of the ocean, the titan would throw him out. Then one of Oceanus's own children married his nephew.
As soon as Oceanus found out, he went to Poseidon with some of his most trusted guards. "You are here by banished from the realm of Ocean by command of the Ruler of the Seas and Lord of the Waters. You will be given two hours to clear yourself and all your belongings out of the ocean."
"What for?"
"For disobeying the king."
"And if I don't comply?"
"Then you will be forced." the Titan said grimly.
"By who?" The smug look on Poseidon's face angered and worried Oceanus.
"By all those who stand around us."
"I don't think anyone here would force me away. Potamo? Dmia, are you going to throw me out?" Neither answered.
"They will at my command. Any of my subject would." Although Oceanus was a bit uncertain about that right now. "Then let's see. How about a little challenge? We gather all the creatures of the ocean and let them decide which of us they want as king. The other must willingly step down and may live the rest of his days peacefully in the depths of the ocean. No violence. No throwing anyone out. What do you say?" Oceanus knew he was backed into a corner. If he refused and just ordered his nephew thrown out, the kingdom would certainly rebel, but if he accepted, he would be putting all of his power on the hands of his subject, who he wasn't so sure would vouch for him. But did he really have a choice? "I accept your challenge."
-Two days later-
Poseidon smiled confidently as they exited the palace. It had only taken two days, two days, for all the creatures of the ocean to assemble before the palace. Oceanus stared out at the crowd, stretching as far as the eye could see. He was nervous. For the first time in his life, he felt as though he was unevenly matched. Dike, the goddess of justice, had come to judge the findings of the vote, just in case. In fact, she was explaining things to the creatures right now, but Oceanus wasn't paying completely attention. He already knew what was happening. The plan was to let each creature swim to either the right or left. The right for Poseidon, the left for Oceanus. It was simple, and yet the outcome would change the fate of the ocean forever. "And now, each of the kings will give a short speech. Poseidon, as the challenger, you're up first." The goddess stepped down next to Oceanus, who heard nothing of what Poseidon said. His ears were ringing and he felt as though he might pass out. "..and so with these words in mind, please, vote for a better life. Vote for a god." Oceanus tuned into these last words, then Dike looked at him nodding to the stage. "Um...I-I... Um, well. Woo, OK. Look, I can't use words as well as Poseidon here, so I'm not going to try to convince you to vote for me. I've done

all I can to make your world peaceful and prosperous, and if you truly think I've failed in this, then by all means, vote for someone who you think will give these things to you. However, if you believe that I have done my absolute best to care for and protect my domain, then...oh how does that old human adage go? "If it ain't broke don't fix it."? Thanks for coming out here and stuff. So, yeah, that's all I've got to say." The titan stepped down from the platform, and suddenly felt a wave of clarity. He tried his best, and he knew in his heart of hearts that no one would do any better for this kingdom. He was the rightful ruler, and would always be. No one could replace him. And with that thought grew resentment in the back of his mind for Poseidon, but it was still small.
"Now, let the voting begin!"
Immediately the crowd began to split. Come on, come on, come on! Oceanus chanted in his mind over and over. So far the crowd seemed evenly separated. Now all those left were the deep thinkers, probably the most intelligent of the sea. Several joined the left at once and Oceanus was ahead. Yes! YES! he was already figuring out where to send Poseidon, but then the rest of the remaining, all at once, joined the right.
Oceanus stood for a moment, completely blank and in shock. His throne, the people, his power: all gone in an instant. He would be banished to the darkest, worst part of the ocean for eternity. He couldn't hear, he couldn't see. Everything around him went away for just a moment. Then came the raging fury. The water began to boil and swirl around him His face turn from blank to full of ire, his body began to grow taller and taller until he was full titan size. Suddenly, random bolts of scalding water shot from his hands.
The crowd burst into screams and went into a crazed frenzy. Poseidon snapped into action. As said before, he was a good leader, even an excellent leader. "Dike, tell the other ocean gods we need their help. Potamo, take a squadron of soldier and try to calm that crowd. Get as many as far away from here as possible. Dmia, I need to you go get my trident. GO NOW!" The water around the titan was steaming. Oceanus was barely even visible anymore. The water everywhere was heating up, almost the to point of unbearable-ness. The polar icecaps were melting rapidly (Poseidon could just tell). Soon, Dmia was back with the trident. Poseidon began to combat the Oceanus's power with his own. He wasn't as strong directly, but he had his mind, and it didn't seem like the titan did. He imagined the water freezing over, everything cold. He also imagined calm waters surrounding him, still as still could be. The waves obeyed and he was able to make a pathway, just big enough for him, to reach the other stallion. Quickly he swam towards Oceanus, working hard to keep his little bubble safe. All the water around him was opaque with steam.Finally, he got to the titan, and with all the strength in him, he willed the water to freeze around the titan. Immediately the steam dissipated, and once it did, in front of the sea god was Oceanus frozen in a block of ice.
Eventually, the crowd calmed. Poseidon assured them of their safety and instantly a deafening cheer broke out. After a few minutes, it too dissipated and everyone began to journey back home. Meanwhile, Poseidon and the other most important sea gods decided on what to do with Oceanus. In the end, they decided to banish

him to land, and just to make sure that he never threatened the kingdom again, Poseidon cast a curse over the titan, one that would never let him enter the water again. And with that they sent him off to an unknown little stable on the edge of the Atlantic. Oceanus still lives there today, right next to the water, and yet not able to ever go home. It's a cruel fate, and someday the titan swears that he will have his revenge.
Personality: Oceanus is a pretty laid-back fellow in general. He goes with the flow and doesn't make a fuss, He's content with his place in life, and rarely ever complains. He's also pretty quiet and listens well. He has good thoughts, but he also isn't as vocal as other horses, meaning he often doesn't get a word in edgewise because others jump in before he can say anything. He's the strong, silent type. However, this also means that he hates to burden others with his problems and will quietly suffer instead of just telling someone and getting help. In that way he could be described as proud, but it's more that he doesn't want anyone else to hold the burden. He feels if it's his burden, he must carry it himself. It's no one else's problem. Although, this doesn't apply to others. If he finds out any of his friends are suffering something and haven't told anyone, he will usually get slightly annoyed with them, as he understands that it is better to tell someone. Finally, he's loyal to a fault and deadly calm. It usually takes a lot to anger him, but if you mess with his friends or his kingdom, he will hod a grudge for all time, and will not hesitate to hunt you down.
Orca Pattern History: (Don't worry this one won't be super long XD) They're his favorite sea animal and his symbol. He created them out of the black of the depths of the ocean, and the ice of the North Pole. He wanted a creature that embodied who he was, as a way for humans to honor and worship him. Plus, all the other titans and gods had all the good animals as their symbols, so why not make his own. They're majestic, yet dangerous; calm, but not idle. He loves them and before he was banished from the sea, they were protected by him. If anyone killed one, they would be cursed with eternal paranoia, as Orcas are trusting creatures. However, when he was removed from the sea, his protection of them was removed as well. So now, humans can and have freely hunted them until they're endangered. That's one of the things that hurts most about Oceanus's banishment, and one of the things that Poseidon has most overlooked.
Biggest Enemy: Poseidon, the horse who took away everything he loved.
Closest Friend: Kilo. This was one of Oceanus's closest followers and most trusted confidants when he ruled the sea. When he was banished, Kilo wanted to go with him and bear the punishment together, but Oceanus would have none of it. He ordered Kilo to go back home, and even though he technically was no longer in change of the stallion, Kilo went anyways. However, the Hippocampi still comes back to visit about once every six months, and brings news about the ocean to Oceanus.
Art: I'm sorry.
Art 2: Slightly better.
Other: The story above is only loosely based on the real story of Oceanus, so it is not true to actual Greek mythology. The main storyline was thought up and written by me, so if your interested in the real story of Oceanus, PM me and I'll send you a link to it.
(2,400 words)

Congrats <3
~SpotOnAppy~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 pm