Stars #3559 by razr

Based on Click to view
Artist razr [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #3559

Postby razr » Fri May 24, 2024 8:38 am

this cat's lost their sight! maybe an adventure might cheer them up?

tell me a story about this cat -- without describing any sights! sounds, smells, textures, and tastes are all fair game <3

ends 6/15 at rollover! (15 -> 16)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: blue-based caramel spotted tabby with low white
and blind yellow eyes
[nr] expression, scars, claws, blind
Owner:
Last edited by razr on Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3559

Postby feverrr » Fri May 24, 2024 8:40 am

GWAHHH i hope i have time this is such a cute prompt,,,

Username: feverrr
Cat Name: sparrow
Clan:
fev ✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ pst
lover of plants & cats & art !!
th - pfp by sifenke - sig by néktar
artfight !!
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Fri May 24, 2024 8:47 am

mark ,,

Username:
Cat Name:
Clan: (Please link)
Prompt:
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightWolf950 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:08 pm

Mark
NightWolf950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Fri May 24, 2024 7:47 pm

marking and praying ill be back bc i love yuo
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Sat May 25, 2024 7:00 am

Username: Hazelfang
Cat Name: Tatters
Clan: The Blessed Lupus
Prompt:

"He couldn't possibly join us! It'll just be an inconvenience to us all if he joins us!" a she-cat from somewhere close by hissed in outrage. Her words dripped with hatred and contempt, like claws raking at his heart.

He lowered his head slowly, trying his hardest to not imagine the frigid glare she was surely aiming at him. As he began to open his mouth and insist he could just stay behind, the gentle touch of a tail tip brushed against his flank. A calm, reassuring voice, as sweet as honeysuckle dew, mewed from his side, "Tati is never an inconvenience."

"Yeah! And he's blind, not deaf, you fox-heart!" another voice, much younger than the first two, snorted from the opposite side. Amaryllis and Turtle... they always have my back.

The fur along his right shoulder tingled as he felt the she-cat slowly nod her head in agreement, her own shoulder now brushing against his. Warmth and reassurance spread from her tender touch, filling him with a renewed sense of confidence. They were right, he wouldn't be an inconvenience. He would make sure of it. "I promise I won't be a bother at all. I can take care of myself, I swear it."

His words were met with silence, it echoed within the chambers of his mind. For he knew it was not true silence, rather, the cats surrounding him were speaking with their bodies. He could always sense when cats were conversing around him, even when it wasn't words they were truly speaking. It had once been frustrating for him, it felt lonesome. As if he were isolated within his mind, unable to venture forward. Unable to be a part of their world.

As his mind began to wander helplessly, Amaryllis' soothing voice spoke once more, "Come with us, Tati. Let's go now."

Hesitantly, he followed the sound of her voice along the familiar pathway leading out of the camp. "Is Reed not joining us?" he asked while his paws effortlessly maneuvered around the usual obstacles on the path out.

There was a brief moment of hesitation, as if the she-cat had been lost within her own mind, before replying softly, "That is correct, Reed will be leading a different patrol. You and I will go with Turtle to the moor." The tom's heart fluttered with disappointment, realizing this was no different than being kicked off the patrol. Again. As if sensing the discontentment of her kin-mate, Amaryllis mewed in an energetic tone, "It'll be lots of fun, Tati. Like our own little adventure! Isn't that right, Turtle?"

The boisterous tom audibly bounced towards the pair of older cats, his tail brushing against Tati's flank as they walked. "Yes! An adventure! We will have loads of fun, Tati."

The tom couldn't help but smile at the two cats, his heart feeling warm from their words of encouragement and positivity. How he wished he could see the looks on their faces at this moment. I wonder if they are smiling, he thought to himself, longing to know what joy looked like. All his life, all he knew was how joy sounded. Yet, he learned from a young age that voices can be deceiving and the images he attempted to produce within his mind couldn't compare to the real thing.

"Oooh, Ama, can we please go stop in the creek real quick? I want Tati to feel the cool rock I found the other day!" Turtle spoke from beside him, initially startling the older tom. The young softpaw seemed to turn his attention to Tatters as his voice got louder, "You'll love it, Tati! It's so smooth, like fish scales, and round. I suggested we bring it to play catch with the kits, but Ama said it could be dangerous. Ya know, cause it's a rock."

A quiet giggle escaped the she-cat, "Because it is dangerous, Turtle. But I think that's a good idea. Let's visit the creek."

With that, the trio traveled a little while longer into the Blessed's territory. Not long passed before Tatters could heard the gentle rushing of the creek. The dirt beneath his paws felt coarser and damp and the breeze carried sprinkles of water, landing upon his whiskers. The tom twitched his nose, feeling the droplets scattered across his chest, yet he didn't mind at all. He did enjoy the water, even if he wasn't able to swim like the other cats.

Pounding of paws echoed beside him as he assumed Turtle rushed forward, eagerly searching for his rocky treasure. The older tom decided to take a seat, wrapping his tail neatly around his paws. A shiver ran across his body as he felt Amaryllis' soft fur graze his as she did the same. Their shoulders were touching once she was seated. As close as they were he could even feel the rhythmic thumping of her heart.

"I think he found his rock," the she-cat stated as the sound of the softpaw's rapid steps got louder once more.

"Mfhere isht ish," Turtle's voice was muffled by what was presumably the precious rock he carried within his jaws. Once he was close enough, the tom placed his rock down and pawed it towards Tatters. "Here it is! Feel it, Tati!"

With a soft smile on his face, the tom reached out his paw and gently placed it on the rock. The young cat had been right, the rock was smooth like the pebbles you could find on the bottom of the stream. And yet, it still had a ruggish nature to it, a heft indicative that it was not just a stone worn by the current. Rather, it felt as if the rock had been worn out intentionally to form a perfect sphere. The grey tom traced his paw along the entirety of the rock, noting every part of it.

Amaryllis purred from behind him, "So, do you like it?" She asked, a teasing hint to her voice.

Flustered, the tom pulled his paw away from the rock and nodded at her, "It certainly is smooth, like Turtle said..." his words trailed off as a pained thought struck him I bet it looks even more beautiful. He let out a soft sigh and murmured quietly, "I wonder what it looks like..."

The she-cat shifted beside him, he could feel her tail pulling around his sides, running up and down against his forelegs. "There's more to beauty than appearances, Tati. That rock looks like any other rock, dark grey with cracks filled with dirt. What makes it special is how it feels, not how it looks." She paused and in that moment he could feel her eyes staring at him deeply. "There's more to the world than sight. Learning to find the beauty in everything, beyond sight alone, is incredible on its own. You're incredible, Tati. Don't ever forget that."

Word Count: 1,144
Last edited by Hazelfang on Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Mon May 27, 2024 1:19 pm

Username: Macabre.
Cat Name: MoorCry
Clan: FairCountry
Prompt: [WC: 255]

MoorCry stretched in the early morning light, feeling it warming his fur. As he stepped out of his den to smell the air, it promised to be a beautiful day. Sitting in the sun outside his den he began to wash himself, enjoying the soft breeze tickling his ears. When he was done washing MoorCry thought "I might as well take a walk around the meadow."

As he padded away from his den he enjoyed the feeling of the cool grass underneath his paws, and the long stems brushing his sides. Scenting water he knew he was close to the stream, and decided he would like a nice cool drink. Stepping carefully over the slowly sloping riverbank MoorCry stoped when he felt smooth pebbles under his paws and water lapping on his toes. Crouching down he began to lap up the cool stream water. When he had his fill MoorCry decided he was getting tired, "I'll just go back to my den and wait out the hot sunhigh sun."

Following his scent trail back the buzz of insects began to grow louder as more of them woke up to face the warm sun. A butterfly floated by his ears, making him shake his head. The scent of the flowers opening up surrounded him in a dizzing perfume. Grateful to be back at his nest, MoorCry slipped inside listening for the soft breathing of his family, still asleep. Finding his nest he curled up inside resting his tail over his nose and drifted off to sleep.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MouseyLavi » Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:25 pm

Username: Mouseylavi
Cat Name: Soft burn of Embers Glow
Clan:Above The Ruins ★
Prompt: WIP
Kalons •Devientart • Trade • Credit
MouseyLavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dorkydactyl » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:08 am

Username: Dorkydactyl
Cat Name: Troutstrike
Clan: Sparrow Clan
Prompt: Troutstrike listens to the rustling leaves and feels the rough bark under his paws as he navigates through his clan's territory blindly, guided by the earthy smell of the trees. Hunting by ear as he had for many moons now since losing his sight, Troutstrike could detect the scurrying of a mouse just beyond the clearing. He silently dropped into crouch, but cringed when his tail brushed on an invisible fern he couldn't see. The rustling of the prey stopped, suddenly, now on high alert and surveying its surrounding for danger.

As sudden as the mouse's next movement was, and how small the sound, Troutstrike's head turned and located the mouse quickly, and with super-cat-like reflexes, the blind cat pounced like the flash of a hawk picking prey from a lake. Between the cat's paws was a mouse, its spirit now surrendered to Star Clan under the weight of the predator above it.

Troutstrike bent over and took a killing bite, to be sure the mouse was truly dead. His mouth now full with his catch, the taste of fresh, warm prey filled the disabled warrior with a sense of accomplishment. Walking through the clearing and across noisy fallen leaves, he feels the crisp textures and hears the rustling underfoot, barely smelling the earthy scent of autumn through the mouse in his jaws. Navigating through a tangle of underbrush, as he feels the different textures of leaves and branches and smells the rich, loamy soil, he recognized the familiar ground of the Standing Stones, a communal place of tongue sharing just outside their clan's camp.

The silver-grey warrior jumped up to the first rock, having done so so many times before and as a kit, he there was no need to check how far the rock in front of him.

Stretching out to lounge on the sun-warmed rocks like a fat old kittypet, he feels the heat as it seeps into his fur and enjoys the comforting warmth, smelling the hot stone as he sets his mouse down in front of him, basking in the hot sun like an adder on the stones.
two birds on a wire,
one says come on!
and the other..
Dorkydactyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:06 am

Username: dimi.
      Cat Name: Dawn
      Clan: Heart of Decay
      Prompt:

"I need you to go to the Moon Pool. Starclan has been uttering in my dreams again, and I am not as versed as you are to address it." A strong voice would call out from in front of Dawn. Though she could not see, she could feel the power and strength surrounding this cat. It was Envy, the mighty leader of Heart of Decay. Envy was one of the few cats who viewed Dawn's blindness as an advantage, even though Dawn would never see it that way.

"Will I have a guide to the Moonpool, Envy?" Dawn replied, placing her paws firmly to the ground. Rooting herself in the ground, she could feel the vibrations of cats around her, often able to detect emotion or movement far before anyone else. Dawn could feel Envy's eyes gazing at her, a shift of a paw indicating confusion.

"Dear, why would you need one? You know the scent of the moonpool. Follow it. I trust you. Consider it a challenge, if you need fuel." Envy replied. "I expect you to leave before sunset."

Soft thumps would fill Dawn's ears as the molly before her left the den. A moment of silence lingered before Dawn gathered her thoughts. Being trusted to visit the Moonpool without supervision was something that had never happened. Envy was harboring a lot of faith in her; and Dawn dare not disappoint.

Soon, the temperature would begin to decrease, indicating to Dawn that the sun was setting and it was about time for her to leave. She would exit the prophet den, taking in a long exhale. Losing one sense had heightened the others, and Dawn's tracking skills were second to none. Dawn would soon exit the camp, heading to the moon pool.

Years of blindly wandering the forest had taught her well. She navigated between each piece of brush, each tree efficiently, not even grazing anything as she past. Her paws were her eyes. The scent of the moon pool began to grow stronger, and soon, Dawn would emerge through the flush forest, her ears flicking forward. She heard the soft sound of water dripping from tree leaves above, landing in a seemingly large pool before her. Each drop echoed in the peacefulness of night, and soon Dawn would carefully move forward. She stopped mere inches from the pool, slowly laying down on her stomach.

Her nose would touch the pool, a cold sensation wrapping around her as she embraced sleep. When she awoke, it was in silence. She would raise to her paws in the dream, walking forward. It was terrifying; for she felt nothing. It was like she was walking through an empty field, but there wasn't any grass; just the emptiness of space. Eventually, a soft voice would call out, sounding far away.

"Dawn."

Chills swept over her body. She turned towards the direction of the voice, a soft crackle beginning in her ears. The crackle was something Dawn did not recognize, and soon, a sudden clap of thunder would occur, followed by a series of voices in a terrifying of harmony calling out:

"Amidst the flames of fate, the forest shall weep.
      A blaze ignited, from shadows of dark clouds.
      One cherished love, by fire's embrace shall part,
      to join the stars and be forever in Starclan's heart."

By the end of this recitation, the small crackle had turned into a roaring howl, mimicking that of flame. The heat began to wrap around Dawn, becoming unbearable. Her nostrils became burned by the inhalation of smoke and soot, her body quickly succumbing to the violent dream.

She would then awake, a soft gasp escaping her as she took in a breath of fresh air. Her nose would leave the cold embrace of the moon pool as she sat back, her eyes narrowing in contemplation.

A fire is coming. But from what? And a cherished love. Perhaps the camp? Dawn would grow lost in thought for a moment before shaking her head, a sudden smile crossing her lips. She had been trusted to travel to the moon pool herself and analyze Starclan's tongue, and had done so successfully.

And for the first time ever, she viewed her blindness as a blessing, not as a curse.
gradually coming back
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me