Stars Staff Litter 4 - #04 by Mythz

Based on Click to view
Artist Mythz [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars Staff Litter 4 - #04

Postby Mythz » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:46 am

This cat comes across a large body of water - what do they do? do they cross and risk the water, do they try and find another way across? or do they perhaps turn home, disheartened?
tell me what they do and why they're at the water in the first place!
the water can be a river, an ocean, a puddle - whatever you want it to be!
feel free to write or draw, max 500 words. no limits on artwork.

Ends November 16th at cs rollover (15th->16th)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: fawn-cream golden ticked [spotted breakthrough] torbie with white
[c] ear placement, fangs, eye shape, ear tufts, whiskers
[uc] long tail, short ears, mid fur
Owner:
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars Staff Litter 4 - #04

Postby GhostxX » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:43 am

Username: GhostDove
Cat Name: Forestbreeze
Clan: NightClan
Prompt:

{present}

ForestBreeze looked at the medium sized but very deep puddle that was most likely made from the rainstorm last night, and that there was a big hole here for training. Knowing that the Patrol she was in had a fight a few moments ago, she leaped into the puddle head first, she could hear the Patrol a little ways away ask out loud what the sound was. Forest breeze could touch the ground with her paws, but only her head and fluffy tail were showing soon she heard pawsteps walking towards her, so quickly we turned around just in time to see her Patrol members looking at her in confusion " come on in! It'll cool you're temper down!!" She said flicking her tail smiling

{122 words}
Last edited by GhostxX on Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:43 am

Username: .sins.
Cat Name: Lion Tuft
Clan: Glacierclan
Prompt: wip
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:04 pm

Username: crexmii
Cat Name: soleil
Rank: tbd…prob like abendro’s [sun god’s] big toe or something
Clan: softclan
Prompt: soleil sighed, gazing down at the large body of water in front of him.
the river to the sea — exactly where abendro needed him to go, yet uncrossable unless one swam or sailed, and even then safety was not guaranteed. for the currents were abnormally strong for a mere river, and they were powerful enough to pull a grown cat into the waters to their demise.

staring around, his beady green gaze shifting to see whether he could make use of anything, abendro came to him. “i see you haven’t crossed the river yet,” the sun god meowed coolly, his expression unreadable. his golden tail brushed soleil’s shoulder. “i trust you understand what you are meant to do.”

“yes, sire.”

“alright, well then, figure out how to cross the river. see you!” abendro called out, his golden-yellow form already flickering and fading away. soleil sighed. what was there here to help him cross? there was only sticks and trees and leaves and grass.

wait. sticks!

sticks could help him. soleil immediately grabbed a large nearby twig, heaving the brown piece of wood towards the river. this stick would help him cross. he knew it too.

———
after countless efforts of heaving and attaching sticks together, soleil was FINALLY done.
now it was time to test out the raft. the large tom stepped on it, pushed the boat in the direction he wanted to go with a powerful hind paw, and sat down, waiting for the boat to cross the water. halfway there…but….

CRACK.

well. soleil sighed and had to swim the rest of the way across, carefully avoiding the sticks and brittle scattered everywhere throughout the water. he counted himself lucky that he was in the shallow part of the river and not the wild, unpredictable parts with the hidden currents dragging you underneath.

but oh well. it looks like he might need to build a better boat to continue on his journey after all.

Last edited by crexmii on Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazin » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:16 am

Username: Kazin
    Cat Name: Meadowbird
    Clan: TreeClan
    Prompt:

It was no secret to any in the clan that Meadowbird was not a fan of the rain, of water, of being wet in general. She would do whatever she could to avoid the water, scrunching up her face and requesting a task inside the camp on the wettest days. On the days after a rain, however, Meadowbird would have a bounce to her step that none of the others cats quite understood. She would request to go out on patrol, all her sense of avoiding the rain and the wet ground forgotten.

On once such day, Meadowbird found herself as the patrol leader. It was easy to locate the flooded parts of the territories and avoid them, though Meadowbird wouldn't. She would go out of her way to lead her patrolmates to a piece of the flooded territory, and this was where she and her clanmates found themself on a warm Newleaf day.

"Well... now what?" One of the other cats had asked, shuffled their paws uncomfortably on the soggy ground. "Wouldn't it make more sense to hunt somewhere else? Somewhere dryer?"

Meadowbird's eyes were shining when she turned back to face the cat, shaking her head. "No, of course not! We're here to hunt, and that's what we're going to do. Watch." Raising her tail to signal to the patrol for silence, Meadowbird stared intently at the water until a ripple appeared at the surface, on the other side. Without even hesitating, Meadowbird calculated the shortest distance to get to the other side, taking the few steps and making a glorious leap to get to the ripples. Before the other cats could even question her, her paw shot out, and she had hooked a frog in her paws. Eyes glowing with pride, Meadowbird flung the frog back at her patrolmates, who couldn't help but stare at the eccentric she-cat.

"Frog hunting!" Meadowbird announced proudly. "Always cross the puddles and streams after a rainy day and find the frogs! I love the taste, and they're pretty easy to catch."
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:01 am

Username: ArithMedic
Cat Name: Dream Wader
Clan: The Bronze Fleet
Prompt:
Dream Wader has always yearned for the beyond, even as a kitten she would run as far as she could before her mother or father caught her. While she was young, the boundaries were her mother and father's speed. As she got older, the boundary became the water surrounding the island they lived on. No matter which direction she went, she ran into the ocean, and no matter where she looked, the water was endless, extending all the way into the sky, dousing the sun at night and washing the moon before it rose. When Dream became an adult, she had to make peace with the fact that the island was all that existed. All else was water. In tales long ago, cats used wooden objects called boats to sail away and return to the island, but the knowledge of sailing and and the old maps were all lost in the eternal rains, that subsided only a few generations ago.
However, one day without warning, a great creature of wood and metal appeared within the mangled remains of what once was a harbor. Cats came out of the ship, bringing foreign trinkets, food, and knowledge. They stayed a few moons, helping the floundering island village, and when they had done as much as they could do, they left. Dream Wader, whose heart had always longed for the world beyond the water, beyond the horizon, left with them.
She hid aboard the great ship before they left the partially repaired harbor, afraid that they would refuse to bring her along because of her ignorance. Later she would learn that she would have been welcomed with open hearts regardless, but she did not know this yet. After a day had passed from the island, she revealed herself and explained her desire to see and to travel. They were not happy that she had stowed away, but they eagerly accepted her willingness to learn. She was trained as a navigator and now is the main navigator for the fleet's second ship.
She has overcome the boundary of her birth and now rides atop it, letting the waters that once trapped her in now lead her forward.

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________

ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:29 am

Username: Baobabel
Cat Name: Ferneyes
Clan: SecludedGlade
Prompt:
Ferneyes started a new tradition in his clan. There's a cool mountain river that cuts through their land. Cold and a bit dangerous during high rainfall but otherwise safe to cross. That being said, the cats of the clan usually find other ways around because they naturally avoid water. After a large storm, a medium sized tree fell across the river creating a natural, if a bit precarious, bridge across. The cats, out of habit and caution still avoided crossing the river though. During a patrol one day as the passed the point to veer from the river, Ferneyes saw the 'bridge' and had an idea. It started as a joke, daring one of the other cats to walk across. When the other cat laughed him off. Ferneyes volunteered to cross first. If he fell in, he would take care of the elder's chores for a week, if he made it, the laughing cat would have to do it. She accepted the terms. Later that day she was cleaning out the elder's moss. All the warriors and apprentices began daring each other to cross. First on the main trunk, then on the thinning branches. As everyone's confidence grew, so too did the dares. Eventually they began having sparring matches on the tree! With falling into the freezing waters as punishment for the loser, everyone's motivation and skill greatly improved. It's still used this way today. Ferneyes' biggest secret? He actually loves the water and swimming so he doesn't actually mind losing!
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:32 am

congrats!! hm's to crexmii, GhostDove, ArithMedic, Baobabel

Kazin wrote: