Based on Click to view
Artist Rotzalot [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fawnae #11 ✿

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:59 am

This is what we call... FLAVOR TEXT!!!- - ------------------ ✿ -------------------- - -

[s] weight (skinny), sclera, custom flora, accessories
      [c] custom fur
      [uc] custom ears, medium-length tail
      [r] third eye

This is what we call... FLAVOR TEXT!!!- - ------------------ ✿ -------------------- - -

This Fawnae is of the shadows… Umbra incarnate, this Fawnae yearns so desperately to see a future beyond the penumbra. With piercing eyes, they gaze out from the shaded thicket, hoping to see something exciting… perhaps you can offer them a promising prospect?

In order to enter for this Fawnae, you must write a prompt regarding this Fawnae's aspirations! Please see the cover page for more info.

Code: Select all
      [list][list][b]Username + ID:[/b]
      [b]Fawnae Name:[/b]
      [b]Partner link:[/b]
      [b]What does the future hold for this Fawnae?:[/b]
      [b]Other:[/b][/list][/list]

You can enter for both independently, or for one with your partner applying for the other. You may make the Fawnae's future intertwined, so long as you have a partner, but please note you may only win one.

4k chara. limit-- you may add extras, such as art, images, etc. You may spruce up your forms as much as you'd like.
      Ends October 4th at rollover.
Last edited by Rotzalot on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fawnae #11 ✿

Postby ramattra » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:02 am

mark :3c
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:24 am

mark!

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reflections of a complicated time

Postby ophanimera » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:04 pm

Username + ID: rainboxys + 604943
      Fawnae Name: Malphus
      Partner link: x
      What does the future hold for this Fawnae?:

The earth began to shudder, waking from an eternal slumber. An army of machines churned the soil and stripped it away en masse. A wall of dust arose, blanketing the forest and encroaching on Malphus’ resting place. Presently, something was happening, new and fearsome.

The trees bowed with a sudden snap, cut down at their knees. Their stumps, evicted from their homes, tossed more dirt into the air. There was no time for thinking, no time for decisions. Run. Malphus snatched Evangeline by the nape of her neck and urged her to bolt alongside him. They couldn’t stop until they were safe from the abominations destroying their home. Breathless and mindlessly running through the forest, Malphus began to distract himself from the panic by reminiscing about his life with Evangeline.

The Everglade used to be quiet, Fawnaes and other creatures of the wild hiding in the community of the thicket. Among those creatures, Evangeline the Fawnae was a companion on occasion, a familiar and friendly face to frolic with. She was kind and composed, at least on first impression. Malphus kept to his own, preferring solitary confinement to all social interactions. Evangeline pushed Malphus out of his comfort zone, and the two of them became comfortable neighbors on her insistence.

Time went on, and humans came to their glade, sticking their greedy noses in places they did not own. Malphus remembered that where one came along, came two. Where two came along, came a dozen. These humans were looking for valuable stones and minerals to lay claim to, although that was not immediately clear. The humans began turning the forest upside down once they had the knowledge diamonds slept deep within.

And lo, Malphus and Evangeline were running for their lives, attempting to outpace the humans’ machinery and its wake. We should have chased them out while we had the chance, Malphus thought grudgingly. Bloody diamonds. Several other Fawnae had noticed the pair fleeing the glen and followed suit. The wall of dust and carnage chased them.

From sunrise to sunset, the small herd fled into the deepest of the woods. Once safe, they gathered around to rest and forage for food. Malphus and Evangeline guarded them, having already gathered their fill.

In the dusk, the devastation was still audible. Trees fell in the distance as creaking rumbles. In equal measure, the herd of Fawnae began to rumble their discontent over being displaced. Malphus and Evangeline were the youngest, and as such, the easiest targets to scapegoat. How dare they not alert everyone of the humans starting their invasion? It wasn’t as though there were ample warning signs for over a year.

We don’t have to stand for this, Evangeline. Malphus glanced at her, hoping to reassure and protect her from their nonsense jeering. I know, Malphus. You needn’t tell me. She heaved a sigh and returned his sharp gaze. We should go. Malphus and Evangeline may well have been chased out if they had waited, sharp horns, torches and all. They slipped away as shadows.

Malphus looked towards the future as a bright light in the distance, full of newly-desired camaraderie to distract him from the past. Days passed into weeks, and months even further. In this time, Evangeline grew restless and unsettled. She refused to explain.
      The two of them had trekked through many nearby glens until they found more of their kind. While circumstances were different than before, it was a glimmer of hope towards reconstruction. Evangeline snapped.

In a whirlwind, she confronted him. She had been feeling that her love for him went snubbed and unrequited. Just a friend… Why settle down, then? Sure, it’s far away, but it’s not far enough. She spoke as though their platonic love had to evolve to survive. I can’t feel that way for you, Angel. I have to take care of our new herd here. Evangeline tore off in a rush, saying something about seeing the whole world. Malphus’ future was here in his new community. He was certain of this. {3979}
Last edited by ophanimera on Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:29 am

Care to enter or are you scared?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 pm

Username + ID: rabbit... 45716
      Fawnae Name: Orphe
      Deep in the heart of the misted lands dwell a fierce forest. At a distance, the trees embrace the bramble so tightly, they look impossible to separate. Rarely anyone walks in, but rumours certainly snake out. Whispers relay that a temple lies at the heart of the thorned grasps where it was so thoroughly abandoned, the desperate god it once praised filled the altar with its own blood. It was like liquid moonlight and once creatures caught a glimpse, they could barely resist falling into it as an untimely sacrifice.

Orphe hopes the rumours are true. True enough to call down a god to aid him and consume anything that could stand in his way, his own life would be forfeit if it meant hope for the home he left behind. As it was, even with his piercing eyes, he can hardly see prospects after his home was plagued by a devouring famine. Orphe wasn’t sure what happened but the balance in the forest suddenly tipped where creeping weeds sprung up everywhere to suffocate the nutrients from the ground. Pervading clouds of buzzing insects migrated into the forest as if following the weeds to steal away life even quicker. Many creatures fled to greener fields unable to eat the bitter weeds that took over, the ones who couldn’t, simply wasted to dust. Stands of trees seemed to fall before his very eyes as he ran through the forest.

The bramble parted easier than expected at first glance. The shadows and mist distracted wary travelers from venturing further. Orphe happened to be neither wary nor interested in turning back now. It felt like the moon was waxing and waning in the span of a night with the denseness of the canopy surrounding him. Yet eventually he wove a path where the moon shone brighter and brighter. At the light’s pinnacle was indeed a temple bathed in light. It was made of stone but over grown with brambles and moss. The stone basin was found in a cavernous room that opened to the sky.

As Orphe approached, he saw his face reflected in silver. He wasn't sure what to do next, the rumours never thought anyone would make it this far. Orphe has nothing to offer but himself.

And he was enough. The silver rippled outwards and a voice whispered.
      "A worshiper at last," the voice was as quiet as a brook. "Will you follow my will?"

"Yes, I will, I will". Orphe echoed in the dark.

"Bend your ear, and open your eyes, I need you to be my walking guide. Gather a pot of moon dew, stones smoothed by time, and stalks of the plant that follows you."

Orphe became the hopeful god’s hands and feet as he ventured off into the daylight.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:55 am

Username + ID: sirenni +888853
      Fawnae Name: Hecate
      Other: please read me first!

“No, Lorelei, that’s not how it works!” Hecate giggled, dramatically hiding her face in her hands. “It doesn’t matter how many times you ask which prince you’ll marry someday, I’m not going to be able to pull the answer out of thin air! You know my visions come through dreams, anyway.” Shaking her head, Hecate peeked through her fingers at her friend, face growing warm at the way she was being watched closely.

“Well, won’t you at least promise me that you’ll tell me if anything like that comes up in your dreams?” Lorelei fished for an answer, leaning in closer.

Letting her hands down from her face, Hecate held up a pinky solemnly. “I promise.”

The dreams came often and left quickly, as if they were afraid to stick around. It was summer now, and the heat clung to her like a desperate shadow. Hecate never had the prince dreams that Lorelei was hoping for. Instead, Hecate's dreams were were plagued with soft mornings, gentle sun through the window, and arms wrapped around each other so tightly it seemed like they’d never be able to separate. The issue- it was not a prince featured in the dreams, but herself and Lorelei.

But she couldn’t tell her that. Rather, she lied. No, perhaps embellished the truth. She still wove stories of true love, something sweet and pure, just as her dreams foretold- only with a simple switch of names.

She wasn’t going to break apart their friendship over some silly dreams. She also didn't intend to rain on Lorelei's anticipated princely promenade. There was no telling if they were prophetic dreams, or just the dreams of a lovesick best friend anyway. She decided quickly that she would keep these to herself, and if she were to share them, which she often did, it was always a ‘prince’ in her stead.

Hecate set her book down gently, looking up at Lorelei, who sat at her vanity table. She watched for a few moments longer, and spoke up gently. If she couldn’t say this now, she doubted she’d ever be able to.

“I’m in love with you, Lorelei.”

The words echoed clearly around the room, leaving no room for doubt or interpretation. Lorelei's hand slowed from where it had previously been applying blush, head turning to face Hecate. “You what?”

“I’m in love with you, and I think I have been for a long time now.”

“You can't just say that.” Lorelei hissed out, fist falling harder than she’d intended on her vanity. Vials of perfume rattled and threatened to spill before she lifted her hand quickly, as if it had been burned. “You told me about a prince who would sweep me off my feet, a prince who I’m meant to marry- for the kingdom. You told me all of this, and now you come to me with- with this?” She sputtered out, words blending together in stark contrast to her typical idiolect. “How selfish could you be Hecate? How could you tell me this now?” She cried out, tears starting to brim in the corners of her eyes. “I can’t be around you right now. Get out, get out now!” She choked out, turning away, waiting for the door to slam.

Voice calm, Hecate stood up smoothing her long linen skirt. “I was done pretending. Good luck Lorelei, I’m done here.” With that, she whisked herself out of the room, not even bothering to shut the door at all.

She knew that it was not going to be pretty from the start. Maybe she was selfish- obscuring the truth for years, yet still yearning to be loved. Years of lies are not so easily smoothed over, but she was exhausted. Sometimes, having no hope is easier than clinging onto a thread, and she had to snip the thread somehow.

Now out of Lorelei’s sight, she allowed herself the luxury of breaking down. Hot tears bore down her cheeks as she dashed down the spiral staircase, dodging looks from inquisitive guards when possible. She ran and ran until she crossed the threshold of her home, crashing heavily into a worn chair near the hearth. Her mother, seeing her daughter so distraught, simply reached out to hold her, stroking her hair until the tears dried up.

“Mama, I don’t want to be in love.”

3980 characters

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:31 pm

This adopt is now closed for judging-- good luck!
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 am

Sorry for the delay in the judgement process-- let's get these older adopts (finally) wrapped up, shall we?
      rainboxys wrote:

Username + ID: rainboxys + 604943
          Fawnae Name: Malphus

The earth began to shudder, waking from an eternal slumber. An army of machines churned the soil and stripped it away en masse. A wall of dust arose, blanketing the forest and encroaching on Malphus’ resting place. Presently, something was happening, new and fearsome.

The trees bowed with a sudden snap, cut down at their knees. Their stumps, evicted from their homes, tossed more dirt into the air. There was no time for thinking, no time for decisions. Run. Malphus snatched Evangeline by the nape of her neck and urged her to bolt alongside him. They couldn’t stop until they were safe from the abominations destroying their home. Breathless and mindlessly running through the forest, Malphus began to distract himself from the panic by reminiscing about his life with Evangeline.

The Everglade used to be quiet, Fawnaes and other creatures of the wild hiding in the community of the thicket. Among those creatures, Evangeline the Fawnae was a companion on occasion, a familiar and friendly face to frolic with. She was kind and composed, at least on first impression. Malphus kept to his own, preferring solitary confinement to all social interactions. Evangeline pushed Malphus out of his comfort zone, and the two of them became comfortable neighbors on her insistence.

Time went on, and humans came to their glade, sticking their greedy noses in places they did not own. Malphus remembered that where one came along, came two. Where two came along, came a dozen. These humans were looking for valuable stones and minerals to lay claim to, although that was not immediately clear. The humans began turning the forest upside down once they had the knowledge diamonds slept deep within.

And lo, Malphus and Evangeline were running for their lives, attempting to outpace the humans’ machinery and its wake. We should have chased them out while we had the chance, Malphus thought grudgingly. Bloody diamonds. Several other Fawnae had noticed the pair fleeing the glen and followed suit. The wall of dust and carnage chased them.

From sunrise to sunset, the small herd fled into the deepest of the woods. Once safe, they gathered around to rest and forage for food. Malphus and Evangeline guarded them, having already gathered their fill.

In the dusk, the devastation was still audible. Trees fell in the distance as creaking rumbles. In equal measure, the herd of Fawnae began to rumble their discontent over being displaced. Malphus and Evangeline were the youngest, and as such, the easiest targets to scapegoat. How dare they not alert everyone of the humans starting their invasion? It wasn’t as though there were ample warning signs for over a year.

We don’t have to stand for this, Evangeline. Malphus glanced at her, hoping to reassure and protect her from their nonsense jeering. I know, Malphus. You needn’t tell me. She heaved a sigh and returned his sharp gaze. We should go. Malphus and Evangeline may well have been chased out if they had waited, sharp horns, torches and all. They slipped away as shadows.

Malphus looked towards the future as a bright light in the distance, full of newly-desired camaraderie to distract him from the past. Days passed into weeks, and months even further. In this time, Evangeline grew restless and unsettled. She refused to explain.
          The two of them had trekked through many nearby glens until they found more of their kind. While circumstances were different than before, it was a glimmer of hope towards reconstruction. Evangeline snapped.

In a whirlwind, she confronted him. She had been feeling that her love for him went snubbed and unrequited. Just a friend… Why settle down, then? Sure, it’s far away, but it’s not far enough. She spoke as though their platonic love had to evolve to survive. I can’t feel that way for you, Angel. I have to take care of our new herd here. Evangeline tore off in a rush, saying something about seeing the whole world. Malphus’ future was here in his new community. He was certain of this. {3979}

As I said on #10, I absolutely adored the teamwork and symmetry between the two of you. The creativity on display with the portraits has to one of my favorite elements here. Congrats to the both of you!
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:54 am

Congrats Bats!! It was so well deserved <3
rabbit...