Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Cr0wz

Mystra's Maze Mystery

Postby Cr0wz » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:26 am

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣Mystra's Maze Mystery◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

As you're wandering around the maze you come across Mystra sitting with a book at her makeshift camp. In one paw she has a book and in the other a map. She looks up and her wings flutter a little when she notices you.

Mystra wrote:Oh hello there!

I'm super glad you bumped into me actually! You see... I've uncovered a little bit of a mystery I guess you could say. As a certified cryptid hunter it's my job to uncover the hidden secret within this maze! But... uh well I'm having a little bit of trouble. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help me out?

This booth is a choose your own adventure type booth. Every other day there will be new choices and a writing/drawing prompt to respond to.

How does this work?
First, choose your adventuring chicoon. This is a story based booth so you need a character!
(if you do not have a chicoon yet you're allowed to use Miles, the mascot)
On the first opening there will be two choices + the main prompt. Answer the prompt and make your choice.
When your prizes are rolled I (cr0wz) will provide a writing response from Mystra. This serves as half of your prompt for the next opening.
On the next opening you will be presented with new options based on your selection from the previous day and a short general Mystra prompt to accompany it.
Using your prompt from the rolls and the new prompt for the day, create your new response.
This will continue until the end of the event.

General Rules
1. Choose from your options, not the options for the other group(s)
2. You must pick from the provided options and respond to the writing/drawing prompt. This is not an either/or type of booth. Both are required
3. Complete the minimum requirements (listen below) I will not accept your entry if it does not meet these.
4. Fill out everything on the form. I know it's boring but it makes my job easier. If you were skipped, it's likely because you did something wrong.
5. Please pick from the options. You may have a better idea of what your chicoon would do in the given situation, but in the spirit of this game please only pick from the two provided options

Prize Pool/Requirements
Depending on how much you write/draw you will get a random prize from the pools below
This opening you are able to choose what item you'd like
╔════════════════════▣⌽▣════════════════════╗
Common Pool
125-500 words -- Sketch + Color to Clean Line/Color

Sour Fruit
(adds the trait other mouth edits [c] to a chicoon)
Mysterious Fur
(adds the trait tufts [c] to a chicoon)
Sound Amplifier
(adds the trait ear edits [c] to a chicoon)
╚════════════════════▣⌽▣════════════════════╝

Uncommon Pool
500+ words -- Clean Line/Color + Shading + BG

Telescope
(adds the trait pupil edit [uc] to a chicoon, any shape)
Bottle of Juice???
(adds the trait iris shape [uc] to a chicoon, any shape)
Leg Wraps
(adds the trait leg edits [uc] to a chicoon)

There may or may not be secret prizes given out at random... who knows???

Previous Prizes
These prizes have been removed from the prize pools
You can no longer win these

Creature Teeth
(adds the trait "fang edit" [c] to a chicoon)
Juicy Fruit
(changes the color of a chicoon's tongue)
A rock...
(adds small freckle like spots)
Horn Chunk
(adds the trait horns [c] to a chicoon, any size/shape/number)
Speckled Moss
(adds the trait sparkles/particles [uc])
Shimmery liqueur
(changes a chicoons pupils to a swirly shape [uc])
Creepy Candle
(adds the trait glowing spots/patches [uc] to a chicoon)

Opening Four
(Closes on 11/5)

Since there was no Mystra response last time sorry ): you are welcome to write what you think Mystra would say!
[center]
No Sound Scares Me!
If you chose to check out the roaring sound last opening here is your prompt

Mystra shakes off and collects herself before following behind you. She was both nervous and excited.

Mystra wrote:
Let's hope whatever made that sound isn't hungry. I'd hate to become their snack heh... I think we'll be find though. I've been seeing a lot of fruit juice around so I think it might eat fruit like us. Not sure what made it mad though...

You two follow the sounds for as long as you can hear them. As you continue on the hallway starts to grow warmer... weird... the smooth stone begins to become cracked and plants become more common. Vines snake along the wall and moss grows up in the cracks on the ground. You start to notice crushed plants, as if something huge stepped on them. The sounds begin to die out and the two of you are left at a fork in the path.

Mystra wrote:
Well... I haven't explored this far out so I don't really have any idea of what path to do down. They look pretty similar so I'll let you pick.

Code: Select all
Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (left or right)
Word count/art size:
Prize Choice: (remember to pick from the right pool! I will check)
Art/Writing:

Let's Keep Exploring!
If you chose to go to the map location or to keep exploring last opening here is your prompt

Mystra pulls out her map, taking a second to orient herself before starting to guide you through the maze. You walk for what feels like forever taking turn after turn. Are you sure we aren't lost? Eventually you walk into a large room. It's filled to the brim with plants. The walls are covered in ivy and the floor is covered in a large blanket of moss.

Mystra wrote:Look at that! We made it to that weird spot I marked. I'm not really sure what this is, but I thought It had to be something. I mean the whole rest of this maze barely has any plants. It's kinda weird that there's so many right here. Let's start looking around.

Mystra goes to check out one side and you go to check out the other. You walk over to what looks like a bush. On closer inspection you realize it's a nest! Wait... not a nest... a den... You swear you saw something move inside. Leaning in a little bit closer suddenly a little ball of fur pops up out of the moss. A small shaggy creature looks up at you. It almost seems like it's begging to be pet... will you pet it?

Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (pet it or don't touch it)
Word count/art size:
Art/Writing:

We Need A Break
If you chose to go back to camp last opening here is your prompt

You and Mystra walk back to camp together, recovering from your fright. When you arrive back to camp you decide to settle in for lunch and plan out your new strategy.

Mystra wrote:Well... that was a bust... I'm a little disappointed... But. I've still got one thing we can check out.

Mystra pulled out this wacky looking hat. It looked like it was made of a pasta strainer.

Mystra wrote:This is my high tech cryptid finding hat. Put this on and we can try to find it! Or uh I guess if that's not your style we could follow my map.

Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (Wear Hat or Use Map)
Word count/art size:
Art/Writing:

Sticky...
If you chose fruit haven last opening here is your prompt

The two of you slowly start to walk down the sticky hallway. Eventually the fruit starts to become the size of your head! Up ahead the path opens up into a large room filled to the brim with plants. While you're walking Mystra suddenly trips over something hidden in the brush.

On closer inspection you realize that it wasn't just any patch of grass... it's a nest! You swear you saw something move inside. Leaning in a little bit closer suddenly a little ball of fur pops up out of the leaves. A small shaggy creature looks up at you. It almost seems like it's begging to be pet... will you pet it?

Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (pet it or don't touch it)
Word count/art size:
Art/Writing:

We Need A Break
If you chose Hall of Destruction last opening here is your prompt

You and Mystra slowly creep down the destroyed hallway.

Mystra wrote: Man this place is kinda creepy...

As she spoke she suddenly stopped, pointing ahead. Further up the hallway was a... ball of hair? Wait... it was alive! It made eye contact with the two of you before bolting off. We have to catch it!

Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (Follow right behind or try to cut it off)
Word count/art size:
Art/Writing:

Ribbit?
If you chose frog sounds last opening here is your prompt

You guide Mystra down the hall, chasing the frog sounds. Eventually you find the source. A huge room with many hallways all leading to it. In the center is a pond, FILLED with frogs.

Mystra wrote:Woah... hey look at this!

She walks over to one of the walls, it looks like a puzzle.

As Mystra is looking at the puzzle something catches your eye. It looks like there's a button at the bottom of the pond.

Username + id:
Chicoon Participating:
Choice: (Jump in the pond or solve the puzzle)
Word count/art size:
Art/Writing:
Last edited by Cr0wz on Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:35 am, edited 12 times in total.
Cr0wz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mystra's Maze Mystery | Results

Postby Cr0wz » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Results
Opening 1
Opening 2
---
---
---
---
---
Last edited by Cr0wz on Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cr0wz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mystra's Maze Mystery

Postby HeyoCoyoteHere » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:44 am

Username + id: HeyoCoyoteHere - 964822

Chicoon Participating: Betta

Choice: spooky hallway

Word count/art size:184 / 900x600

Art/Writing:

Oh hello there!

I'm super glad you bumped into me actually! You see... I've uncovered a little bit of a mystery I guess you could say. As a certified cryptid hunter it's my job to uncover the hidden secret within this maze! But... uh well I'm having a little bit of trouble. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help me out?

“Hi Mystra! Nothing scares the FIERCE BETTA!! SO DON'T WORRY! I will both PROTECT you and Uncover the secret with you! I have a GOOD MIND! It’s very STRONG!!” Betta head bonks a rock, lucky for betta its shale rock and crumbles from the bonk “SEE?! SEE?!” She yells proudly, This chicoon is FAR from elegant, she is a brute, but a friendly one, she seems extremely excited to help

"You ever notice how there's this weird blue glow in the maze? Well... I'm like 90% sure that it's caused by some creature or something. I've been tracking it though the maze. But I just lost track of it over at this fork!

It either went down this really creepy rundown hallway... or down the well lit not super scary and intimidating.

I'll let you pick what way we go first... I'd rather stick together if that's ok."

Betta walks with mystra, “My friend had an adventure with you once, He told me MUCH about you, do not worry, you are safe with me, i am a big strong chicoon!” Betta coo’s happily, “I also brought you a gift, So you can channel your anxieties into this crystal!” she beams and puts a crystal necklace over Mystras head and onto her, it's definitely homemade and compliments Mystras Fur, Betta gushes happily, she seems so happy to have a friend!

“LETS GO DOWN THE CREEPY HALLWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!! SHALL CONQUER ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!” the chicoon yells down the hall with a ferocious battle cry, She hoists Mystra up, and waddles down the hallway with her ANGRY FACE!!!

Yote| She/Her| Prehistoric -
DM's are always welcome
TH
Commissions: OPEN |
Art Trades: Ask |
Requests: Closed

HeyoCoyoteHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:52 am

Username + id: Griff 254592
Chicoon Participating: Tristan
Word count/art size: 141 words
Art/Writing: Tristan found himself smiling from wing to wing as he regarded the one before him. "Mystra! Long time no see! How have you been?" He asked, pleased. "Another mystery to solve huh?" He asks, noting her map and the pathways opened up before them. "Well, not to worry, you will not have to walk this path alone! There is nothing more I love than a grand adventure! Think of the stories we will have to tell later! He prances in place a moment, his wings flapping before he pulls up his goggles and taked in a breath to calm himself.

"We have to take the more interesting path of course! We are tackling this together after all and well, we can handle whatever might be thrown our way right? Besides, I am partial to blue as a color... so let's go!"
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sulin » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:03 am

Username + id: 0718 ~ Spooks!
Chicoon Participating: Turkey
Choice: Spooky Duh heh heh
Word count/art size: 136 Words
Art/Writing:

"Yes actually I have, 90% sure is better than nothing right?" replied Turkey with a gobbling sounded voice. "I'm not scared of anything... unless its taller than me... That would be almost everything then" He mumbled "so lets uh go through the creepy rundown hallway, I'm sure its not as bad as it sounds... right?" a few seconds later Turkey said "Sticking together..." Turkey's sentence was cut off when something touched his foot "AHHHHHH!!!!!!" He jumped up and screamed... a bug happened to craw over his foot. He noticed the surprised look on Mystra's face "Sorry..." he said a little flustered "...but yeah sticking together sounds nice"

"Let's Go..." They started their adventure. Turkey with a slight smirk on his face was sniffing everything and waddling along as they started their journey through the maze.
- Type 1 Diabetic -
------------------------------------------------------
XXX - Spooks | She / Her - XXX
Hi there, I'm Sullivan c: Haven't been feeling too well lately, sorry!
I am a huge fan of MARVEL, TWD, the Witcher, and Good Omens!
I also love GoT, Blacklist, and Supernatural.
- Friends / Acquaintances -
Crow - Jay - Zach - Hyde - Marz-Barz - Temper
- Super Cool People -
Rocky - Herrings - Sweathie - Buzz - Cr0wz
- I Love you all! -
------------------------------------------------------
Follower check (just click my boy) >>>
Sulin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woofer-moosh » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 am

Username + id: woofer-moosh + 283946
Chicoon Participating: Froge
Word count/art size: 561
Art/Writing:
Froge trots up to Mystra excitedly, “Oh man! Another adventure!?” He asks, his wings flapping on his head excitedly, glad to see his new friend again, and hoping for another adventure to go on!
Froge excitedly sits next to Mystra, ready to listen to the facts, this is SO an adventure.
“Of course!” Froge beams, “After the last quest, with the cryptids, chicoons, and organizations! Why WOULDN’T I help??” He beams, still wearing his chinati pin on his bag with pride. He came prepared.

“I don’t wanna brag, but I’m REALLY good at mazes!” He beams pridefully, though internally a little worried he may be jinxing himself now. He looks at Mystra, beaming with joy, “So what are ya stuck with?” he asks curiously

Froge listens and nods slowly, “Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh n-no? M-maybe? I just got here” he laughs. He pauses and looks at Mystra, “... You’re not suggesting we go in there and start.. Monster hunting… Are you?” He asks, looking a bit anxious now, not excited to chase after some real monsters this time. Cryptids, sure, cults, also sure, but CREATURES?! Man, he HOPES Mystra just needs glasses and that these are chicoons because he does NOT know what he’d do if he found some… Creature…

“So you think some creature is out there causing some blue glow?? How does that even work?? What kind of creature does THAT??” He asks, a bit frantic. He looks in the direction of the fork and grimaces, “I don’t like that..” he grumbles, he scoffs and looks at Mystra, “It’s a creepy crawly! It OBVIOUSLY went the creepy way!!” he whines and gags, “I don’t like bugs!!!” his wings flail in disgust

He seems to perk up, however, when she says she wants to come, “Oh thank goodness!” he sighs relieved, “I was gonna drag ya along either way! I was NOT doing this alone!” he huffs, getting up, “And BEGRUDGINGLY I wanna go the creepy way. If we’re gonna TRY to catch this thing, that’s likely the way to go. …Unless the creature is posh. Which I highly doubt if it’s running around this creepy place.” he grumbles and gets up,

He looks at Mystra, “If we go around that corner and get jump scared immediately, I will NOT be very happy about these choices..” He grumbles as he starts to head towards the creepy side of the fork, “You’re lucky we’re friends Mystra! I don’t think I’d be doing this for any other chicoon!” he whines and grumbles, he’s being playful and honest. He walks next to her, happy to let her lead, as she seems to have been here for some time, possibly having her bearings AND she has a map. As far as Froge is concerned, people with the map go first! He sticks close and follows her. Though being sure they go the creepy way.

“So whaddya think it is?” Froge asks Mystra curiously, during their short stroll through the freaky maze. “Because the only thing that I can think of off-hand, that glows in the dark but is alive and out of water, are fireflies and chicoons.. But being in a place like this? And being big enough to give you a fright? I dislike that GREATLY” he huffs, his wings giving a disrupted flap as they get closer, “Whatever it is, I hope it’s friendly..” he whines

TH | He/Him
woofer-moosh everywhere

woofer-moosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn_cat » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:42 am

Username + id: syn_cat + 737315
Chicoon Participating: https://toyhou.se/16185636.azuralyn
Word count/art size: 542
Art/Writing:

Azuralyn raced through the maze, heart rapidly pounding in their chest. When all hope seemed lost, they bumped into another chicoon who was wandering the never-ending stone labyrinth.
The chicoon introduced themselves as Mystra, who was chasing that blue flashes and told Azuralyn something extremely unexpected. Mystra had shown Azuralyn of their notes and maps, curiosity engulfing Azuralyn.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting to see another chiccoon around here. I'm so lost and I'd love to stay together. I've been chasing those strange blue lights too, but not because they were a creature.... I thought it'd lead me out of this stoney maze." Azuralyn kicked the tiles below her sore feet, instantly regretting it as she stubbed her toe on an uneven placed tile, that was only less than a centimetre above the rest of the tiles. Azuralyn let out a loud grown, "Ow!" They shouted with a second of pain going throughout their paw stubbed toe. You would think that they would've worn shoes, but they hated the constricting feeling that their paws aren't free to touch the ground below them. She loved to feel the earth beneath her paws and didn't mind if they got a bit dirty with dust or mud. In this place though, it was just stone and dust- and plenty of it.

Azuralyn, hoping that they didn't spook the poor chicoon, remembering that they didn't introduce themself to the intriguing creature hunter.
"Sorry about that." She lifted up her poor throbbing toe, the pain subsiding within a few seconds. "I hope I didn't frighten you. My names Azuralyn and I'm lost in the maze. I didn't expect to find a chicoon here, let alone that the mysterious blue lights were creatures. I'd love to help discover and find these creatures with you. I thought something was strange about them..... maybe they would get spooked if we got too close to them? Maybe that's why they disappear if we follow them too closely or at all?" Azuralyn couldn't stop thinking about the potential new thought of wonder about the new fantastical blue lights. "There's so many mysteries to discover. I'm glad to be a part of this one. There's nothing more that I love than solving mysteries." Exclaimed Azuralyn as they were given a large amount of hope of escaping this place, but that was at the back of their mind. She didn't care about escaping but only about the creatures that also wander throughout the stone maze.

"Which way should we take.... I've been in this maze for a while, I think an hour or two to be exact. I'm not sure honestly..." Azuralyn trailed off as they continued to think about what way to take. "The creepy hallway seems to be a lot lighter than the super creepy well lit one. I'm thinking out loud about my reasoning about which way to take." Azuralyn gave a small smile at Mystra. "I think it'd be best to go down the darker route, afterall it might make these lights more easier to see and maybe we can find more of them? It may be intimidating but we have each other." Declared Azuralyn, forming their decision that they should take the not so well lit path at the fork.
Syn_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reshihall » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:45 am

Username + id: reshihall + 1029503
Chicoon Participating: Onyx
Choice: Spooky!
Word count/art size: 147
Art/Writing:
Onyx looks at Mystra for a minute, scratches his chin with his front paw, and proceeds to stare at the ground as he takes a few minutes to consider his options. He then grins and looks at Mystra, his weight shifting from one side of his body to the other. His little fluffy tail began to wag back and forth.
"I say we go down the spooky path!! If we're sticking together.. don't you think it'd be fun to take the risk? We've got each other! We can do this, don't you think?"
Onyx asked, he ran around in a little circle to get some of his energy out. "My little buddy Flint can come along too! The three of us would be unstoppable! It's just a little bit of dark! I'm sure it'll be just as fine as it would be if it was lit up!"
reshihall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 am

Username + id: FatalCollapse + 852442
Chicoon Participating: Frostbyte
Choice: Spooky Hallway
Word count/art size: 533 Words
Art/Writing:

"Hi Mystra, very long time no see!" Frostbyte gleamed remembering the last time he basically saw the kind chicoon was a few months ago when they discovered a particularly secret chicoon society in the woods together over the summer. "How have you been since the last fairly great adventure?"
"Oh hello there! I have been doing quite wonderful! And I particularly am glad to see you actually!" Mystra smiled "You see... I have uncovered a little bit of a mystery I guess you could say. As a certified cryptid hunter it's my job to uncover the hidden secret within this maze! But... uhh well I am having a little bit of trouble. I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to help me out?" She asked looking up to Frostbyte. "Of course! What do you need?" he smiled. "I kind of got a question for you; Have you ever notice how there specifically is this weird blue glow in the maze?" She asked while losing her smile. Frostbyte thought for a moment before silently nodding with a confused look on their face, tilting his head. "Well... I really am like 90 percent sure that it is caused by some creature or something. I have been tracking it though the maze, but I just lost track of it over at this fork!" Mystra stated while pointing with her head wings and Frost's eyes followed the motion over to two split paths on the other side of the room. "It either went down this really creepy run down hall way.. or down the well mostly lit and not super scary and intimidating path." Frost studied both paths quickly before turning back to Mystra. "Could you actually help me find the source? I will let you pick what way we go first however I would definitely rather stick together if that is really ok with you." She particularly trailed off at the end. Frostbyte nodded, happy to go on another adventure with his old friend, "I thought you would never ask! How could I ever say no after all the fun we basically had back during summer vacation!"

Frostbyte helped Mystra gather her things before the two approached the split paths. He shuffled his paws to fight off some anxiety while he studied the two paths a little more closely while in pretty deep thought, before finally turning back to Mystra. "It may sound crazy but I kind of think we should go down this path." Frost gestured with his tail towards the creepy rundown hallway "I basically think it would be sort of easier for us to spot the light and follow it in this hallway then the one that is of super lit up" he said while jerking their head in a tilt towards the more essentially lit up path. "Just do not mistake the glowing light for me" he laughed while pawing up at his glowing crystal horns. Mystra mostly giggled at the other chicoon's remark while nodding "Sounds like a well really thought out plan." she stated. The two took a generally deep breath before entering the old run down hall way starting their next grand adventure into the twisting labyrinth.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items