Stars #2342 by Archaeopteryx.

Based on Click to view
Artist Archaeopteryx. [gallery]
Time spent 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #2342

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:53 pm

Write up to 1000 words for this cat! Your writing must either contain or be centered around the word resurrection.

Ends July 25th at rollover (25th to 26th), extended until July 30th at rollover! (30th to 31st)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: black ghost smoke marbled tabby with mid white
Edits: [nr] scars, expression [c] ear tufts,
min fur edits, shorter tail, colored sclera
Owner:
Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #2342

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:18 pm

Username: SilentMelody
    Cat Name:
    Clan: (Please link)
    Prompt: Mark!!
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:22 pm

Username: Vinson
Cat Name: Rattlesnake
Clan: the summit
Prompt:

Rattlesnake didn’t remember much. He didn’t mind. If before was important, surely he would remember it? And he didn’t, so it must not have been. All he knew was that it was peaceful now. He didn’t have to hunt, or work, or care for anyone else, and he slept for as long as he wanted. He slept a lot. There wasn’t much else to do, after all, just…rest. It was dark and quiet and lovely.

He made a correction. It had been quiet and lovely. It was still dark, just not as dark as now that those other cats had disturbed his isolated den. For ever and ever it had just been him, buried deep down in the earth, for long after the before, until - until he wasn’t alone anymore. He wasn’t sure he liked it.

It made him remember, just a little bit. And he didn’t like that.

It was like taking a deep breath in for the first time in a long time. In fact, he was pretty sure it was the first breath he had taken, of any kind, since. Since the before. He felt it deep in his chest, felt it rattle and creak and groan. His eyes snapped open and he hissed - it wasn’t ink black anymore. It was still dark, but there…he could see. He could make out sparkling shimmers of fool’s gold, veins of silver, the gnarled surface of the rock and dirt. And he remembered. He remembered working down here, his paw pads toughened from the rough stone, barely able to see a thing in the dark, feeling his way along the tunnels. Laughing with his friends. And then - a slip, a rumble, they all went tense, someone called his name, and he. And he died.

Rattlesnake looked down at his paws. How could he be dead, if he still had a body? He closed his eyes. No. He couldn’t be dead. He grunted and rose to his paws, then stopped as he heard a stifled gasp. He turned his head to gaze at them - a small patrol, cats he didn’t recognize by smell or sight. He tilted his head, eyes boring into them. Rattlesnake slid his claws out. They had disturbed him. They had made him remember.

And he didn’t want to remember.

The other cats scrambled, trying to turn around in the narrow tunnel, tripping over paws, hissing as faces bumped into walls and paws hit each other. Rattlesnake growled, but he didn’t follow. His body felt stiff and tired and unused - he supposed that was what a body would feel like after it had been trapped down here in the earth for so long, unmoving, asleep.

He frowned. He knew he was alive now, but he doubted he had survived for very long down here with no food and no water, curled up, resting. Was it possible that he had died, and then come back to life? He gave himself a close inspection, sniffing around, licking his chest fur, digging his claws into the hard tunnel wall. He felt and he heard and he saw. He was alive. But not…not fully. The longer he stood here, awake, the more he felt like he was floating.

There was still a buzzing in his head, incessant, making him hiss and pin his ears and shake his head from side to side. It wouldn’t go away.

Rattlesnake yowled and smashed his head against the tunnel wall, but he felt no pain, and the buzzing continued. Breathing quickly now, he turned and nestled back into his den. Where he had died. Where he had been resurrected.

He wanted to be alive again. But he didn’t want to be alive like this.
Last edited by Vinson on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:21 am

Username: néktar
    Cat Name: grimstorm
    Clan: shallowclan
    Prompt:
      𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
      POV: grimpaw - 12 moons

i hid inside of a rotting log, squeezing my body in through the hollowed bark my chest heaving and my muscles tight. my body pressed against the wood, the soft damp moss allowing a bit of comfort as i took a peek outside, was she still after me? i tried to steady my breath. the last thing i want right now is for her to find me, i can't stop shaking. my breath bellowed out of me forming a small cloud in front of me illuminated by the moonlight, it was strangely cold. i should've listened. i was determined to prove everyone wrong. i did but possibly at the cost of my life.

she had always called me stubborn, giving me a cuff across the ear. i just wanted to see her face again. i was jerked from my comforting thoughts when i heard a branch snap, it came from behind me. feeling my heart pounding in my chest. the rustling of leaves sent a chill up my spine. all fell deathly silent, in that silence i heard a deep hoarse intake of breath what sounded like right against the log on my right side. i held my breath as my stomach lurched as i heard it, "griiim.." the voice was raspy, cracked from the years and dry from the dirt in her throat. i shivered, it was her voice of course. my legs wouldn't move, my whole body had froze in dread. suddenly her claws scraped against the bark, chipping off pieces, i was showered with bits of wood. i managed to twist my body around just as she broke through, her eye meeting mine. her jaw was crooked hanging off to one side, missing an eye with a large gash in her face. my heart strained seeing her like this, my eyes welled with tears but fear drove me, i leapt out slamming into her with my full weight.

i knocked her off her paws and sprinted into the twisted trees, kicking up grass behind me. i made my way up a tree, digging my claws into the bark and hoisting myself up before i could think. i didn't know what to do or where to go, i couldn't possibly lead her to camp, not like this. tears fell from my eyes, frustration gripped my throat and i let out a caterwaul, emptying my lungs. i dug my claws into the tree and clamped my teeth shut, unable to stop the tears from streaming down my face i looked bellow me, standing just in sight her mangled figure illuminated by the pale moonlight, she had was looked to be a smile on her maw though her eye were lifeless like a dead fish. i scooted away from the scene before me, heart racing once again, i backed myself up against the trunk of the tree. i looked above me, i could possibly climb higher and make my way to another tree or i could climb down a hope to get away once again. though the decision was made for me because as i was contemplating my options i felt a sharp pain in my paw, a claw had dug deep into it and i saw her pale face appear from below me. i yowled in pain and snatched myself away from her, leaping for the nearest branch and scrambling higher. she chased after me clawing wildly, "why are you here?! why are you running?!" she voice cracked with pain but it didn't quite sound like her, her voice was off something in it made my blood run cold. it wasn't her, not truly..

i made my way to the very top of the old tree, frantically i searched for an escape, on one side of the tree lay the cliff edge of the island. down bellow the waves crashed along the rocks, angry and terrifying. i turned away to search for the nearest tree i could possibly leap to but as i laid my eyes on one she leapt out of the branches and leaves. sticking the landing on the exact branch i needed to get on. though her face looked different, not shaded by the leaves like on the forest bellow. she looked almost alive again, a felt a lump in my throat. "i am s-so sorry hailsong, i-i didn't know this is what would happen if i resurrected you, i didn't mean to! i wasn't thinking!" my heart broke for a second time, i could barely get the words out. it seemed they fell on deaf ears and her patience had run out. she crouched down, her withered muscles bunching, and i knew i only had a second to make my decision. she leapt at me, her claws catching my ears, and for a moment it felt like how it did back then. but only for a moment. her claws tore through my flesh and i could hardly bare the pain, i flipped onto my back ripping my head away from her, her claws scored across my face as i twisted her around. her back now faced the cliffside, she continued to tear into me, her paws meeting my back adding another deep gash. i couldn't hold back a cry in agony as she pinned me against the branch. my hind legs tucked under her, i gave her one last look, my nose reaching out and touching hers before my flank muscles tightened and i kicked out with all my strength.

i got up, limping to the edge of the branch, the sound of the waves was all i heard as i peered down bellow. i saw her body lying there, i could only look for a moment, my legs buckled under me and i sat with my head hung. i had survived but at what cost.. thunder rumbled in the distance but i didn't move a muscle. i would sit vigil for her until sunrise, it was the least i could do.
      [ 1,000 ]
Last edited by néktar on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:06 am

Username: Adamented
Cat Name: tbd
Clan: (Please link)
Prompt: Of the things you do for love, not always do they succeed. But he tried, he really tried, in spite of himself. (wip)

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rain Ghost » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:42 am

Username: Rain Ghost
Cat Name: Rainfire
Clan: 🌱🪴🍄Petrichor Clan🌱🪴🍄
Prompt:
Rainfire stood over the body of his best friend. He had done this. He had killed them. Panic swept though him. He hadn't meant to. But the spell would work. His friend would be by his side again.
Rainfire drew the circle around his friend in the dirt and placed the bay leaf on their snout. He breathed in deeply before reciting the spell. He didn't like the way the words tasted in his mouth.
Dapple stood up and opened his eyes. They were glowing a horrible color of green. "Thank you," Dapple rasped in a voice that sounded like dirt and decay.
Rainfire backed away and Dapple jumped on him, tearing open skin on his back with claws like knives. Knives. Rainfire reached into his pouch, tears falling down his cheeks. He pulled out the knife just as Dapple raked their claws across his face. The pain felt mild compared to the pain in Rainfire's heart.
"I'll miss you, old friend," he managed before stabbing the knife into Dapple's heart. Dapple snarled before collapsing. Rainfire fell next to them.
His fault. He had killed them again. Resurrection would never bring back his greatest friend. The best thing he could do was give him a proper burial. Nobody needed to know what had happened. Rainfire would bring his secrets to the grave.

(225 words)
Last edited by Rain Ghost on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
.█████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.|| Stars || xx || xx ||
.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello! I'm Rain Ghost <3
She/Her--queer

I'm active Friday-Monday
I love drawing
looking for a toyhouse code

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Imagexxxxx

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|| Gallery || VOK pride || credit ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imagex..Image
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Rain Ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eldritch hound » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:29 am

Username: angel bugs
    Cat Name: tbd
    Clan: pleasance
    Prompt:
      Heron wailed and begged and flopped onto his back as the sun beat down on him from above. It was a particularly warm day in what the clan calls the scorched branch (otherwise known as summer) and it was absolutely killing the black and white tom who’s fur, unfortunately, really enjoyed the beams blazes heat, apparently drinking up the warmth, much to herons utter dismay.

He hadn’t planned on doing anything today, deciding it would be a much better use of his time to do absolutely nothing, his mentor having a worse time of it than even he was.

He was planning of staying exactly where he was, in the cool shade of the church’s bell tower and absolutely not moving, or for as long as he could get away with it before corvid finally decided it was time to start his training sometime in the late afternoon, most likely. well, that was the plan until a shy little prophet came up to him, fur all white and fawn and very much puffed up in the dry humidity that plagued the air.

The fluffed up tom came up to heron, eyes sparkling with a mischief and a little dust “You don’t look like you’re having much fun sat there.” they chuckled as they sat down beside the black and white prophet.

Heron gazed up at his companion and frowned “yea well, you wouldn’t either, cricket, if you’re fur heat up like a snake on a rock” he hissed back but the tone contained no malice. He stretched out in an attempt to spread his body surface in a fruitless notion that it may help to cool him down.

That playful look was back in crickets eyes as he gazed down at his melting companion “y’know, we could go the marsh, might cool you off” he offered.

Heron looked up at that and turned the thought over in his head, as if tasting a fine wine on his tongue. A good few minutes passed before he nodded “yea, okay. Don’t tell Corvus though, she’d kill us” he grinned, hopping to his paws.

It didn’t take the pair of prophets too long to reach hound-fell marsh, though it would have been a quicker journey if heron hadn’t insisted on hopping from shadow to shadow that the trees cast down on the searing sand (it really hurt his pads, okay?!).

The sun was at it’s highest, meaning that the heat that was pulsating through the air was only destined to get cooler, though that doesn’t mean it wasn’t cool yet.

So the pair of cats splashed and played in the shallows of the marsh, each off their furs getting caked in mud and silt, not the friend cared, they were perfectly happy with not being burned alive any more.

It was just after the sun had passed behind the clouds for the day that there was a ripple in the water. A thin and scales body moved silently though the murky water as the kits played, splashing and tackling each other, kicking up dirt from the floor as they went, neither of them noticing the danger of the approaching form.

Well, not yet anyway.

It wasn’t until the water moccasin had already latched onto crickets leg that either of them had seen the snake. What followed was a mad dash of ripping the snake off (much to the protests of cricket, scared the the scorching pain will be prompted to get worse) and dashing out of the water. The pair panicked before settling on making a mad dash back to camp, not that cricket could move that fast given his inexperience of walking let alone running on three legs amplified by the fact that his body is racked with a severe pain and a sudden onset bout of ataxia.

They made it just to outside the camp before cricket collapsed in a heap of moving limbs, quickened breathing then… nothing. Heron called out to everybody, anybody but by the time the sawbone had arrived, there wasn’t much to be done. The venom, spurred on by crickets tiny frame (hence the name of cricket) had already made it throughout his body, not that the heat helped much.

Heron sank onto his haunches, thought swirling in his head of how his only friend had just left. He was devastated. His mind threatened to do something, anything to anybody and everybody. But he didn’t.

There was nothing he could do, try as he might. Nothing that would resurrect his friend.

(755 words -enjoy this rushed dumpster fire, ig)
Last edited by eldritch hound on Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:56 am

Username: SonOfStarGod
Cat Name: Hunter's Broken Water
Clan: Those of the Grotto
Prompt:

(706)
Something quiet, something low, I heard nothing as the cold, sharp water consumed my body—only glimpses of sound. So cold the water was like ice, and like sound, truly painful pressure on my damaged ears as the waves tossed me about. Swearling around and around and around like a piece of prey in a kit's paws. Until nothing. Until I was, but I blip in the inky blue void. Until I was gone.

I never really was a good cat; that's a rouge's life, after all. I'd stolen and killed like my mother and father before me; the stars bless their unrestful souls. Becoming better was something I had always told myself I wanted to do, reinvent myself and go someplace else where nobody knew me. I was just always too much of a coward to do it. But the water on that day told me I did not have much of choice. I'd always said to myself that I did what I needed to survive, that a world with these... zombies, as some call them, is no place to be soft. But in all my travels, the softest cats are the ones that have the most, have others that surround them and care for them, and I think that maybe that would be nice.

Down down down I went, the waves pushing me south, discarding my lifeless body on a pebbly shore, where the toxic rays of the sun were beating down upon my lifeless body. The radiation was breathing itself into my fur, into my heart, into part of my soul. So I got up. Stammering to my feet, I wavered, determined not to fall. But alas, my legs gave out, and I stumbled onto the sharp pebbles below my hardened feet, cutting into my soft stomach. I laid there determined to push myself up. Pressing my legs with all of my might, but they just would not move. I am not known to be weak or give up with ease; I am, in fact actually known to be quite stubborn. Still, my legs would not move.

I saw the cat upon the horizon, standing still up on the cliff that overlooked the beach. A small black stain upon the sky. They bounced down, coming closer and closer until my hazy vision could make her out. A calico she-cat, black and fiery red, a large amount of white covering her underside, splotches dotting it. Her ears perked up, sniffing the air, bright green eyes darting about piercing me. But then she came close. Put a paw against my black and white striped fur, feeling my light breath. I tried with all my might to stand, to lash out against the strange cat with stray flowers in her fur. But try as I might, I couldn't, and for the first time since maybe, I was the smallest of kits, I was truly helpless. But then the cat wandered off, sleck, white-tipped tail raised high up onto the cliff, disappearing from sight, abandoning helpless little me.

All alone, I closed my eyes, thinking I would do what the water could not and disappear into the stars that would not touch me. I awoke to the harsh cold of stone underneath me. Laying upon a bed of moss, but the cold still seeped through. My eyes were shut so tight it hurt until a soft paw proded me. The cat from before stood over me, her green eyes now peering into my cured orange ones.

"Hello," she said as I read her lips, and I was scared. I had no idea how I got here, into this strange place, where stalactites hung from the cave roof. It was a large cave with an opening at the back that allowed for accused water to flow, creating a deep, turning pool. The kind of water that would doom any cat that swam in it.
"Hello," I murmured back to her, groggy as can be
"What is your name?" she asked, kind green eye peering back into mine. I felt a calm washover me as a laid there in silence. "That's ok, we can give you a new one," and I felt safe for the first time in years.

edit: changed storage location
Last edited by SonOfStarGod on Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CO1LD » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Username: CO1LD
Cat Name: Rum
Clan: Boreal Clan
Prompt:
'Look at you... what have you overcome to become who you've become?'
Rum has been around the block. Blocks. Town. An alley cat without a purpose. A life strewn on the breeze.
With ones easy go life, who could guess they have gone through so much hardships?
Their father had left his mother for another queen, a kitty-pet of pristine breed.
He was the only one who survived a litter of five..
Remember her words? "Oh, little one. I thought Id lost you." His mother cooed.
Weeks later, they were ambushed to a stray dog and attacked..
Unfortunately, both of you were victims to the wolf-kin.
Rum had got up in a pool of red, strangely no wounds, and eyed sadly the turned body of his mother. By grace he was adopted by a passing two-leg family, scooped up in warmth and love, brought home and nursed with strange gangly paws. He accepted his story would begin as a kitty-pet yet the stars had a fate differently than he assumed.
A year in the care, the house caught fire in a thunderstorm. As fading shouts fled the home, leaving him wrapped in the flame.. He appeared outside in the rain. Running into the unknown. Into the forest. Are you curious yet?

Rum never thought of how he escaped the 'forever dark' so many times. From sky hunters to wolf-kin, natures wrath to harsh elements, he survived. Do you remember how? At five years old, with the scarring experiences he went through, he couldn't recall. The thoughts of the tom hummed then silenced.
"Does it matter?" He asked. No reply. Rum stared out at the lake and watching the reflecting moon shimmer in the wake.
Perhaps, he thought, it didn't.
Last edited by CO1LD on Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
COLD; ImageImage
on 'n off with CS during the months but
practically glued when there's event pets

©
ImageImageImage

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby l1lithu » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:23 pm

Please ignore! I will not be entering!
Last edited by l1lithu on Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
l1lithu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me