Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 5
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Guest

stars #2163 // closed!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:19 am

what's this cat's favorite thing to do when the weather's bad?
prompt suggested by miraphoenix!

ends on april 26th @ CS rollover!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name: Satinwish
Clan: Scorchclan
Description: lilac-based nonagouti amber smoke mink point (showing spotted tabby) with teal eyes
Edits: [NR] expression [C] min fur, shorter tail, ear tufts, eye shape, eyelashes, whiskers [UC] short ears
Owner: Chanceuxcat
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 01, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: stars #2163 // open!

Postby miraphoenix » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:15 am

Username: miraphoenix
Cat Name: Hailstrike
Clan: Havenclan
Prompt: When the weather's dreadful, Hailstrike always finds a way to be around the camp. If she can, she'll clamber up into one of the hollow limbs in Forest's Heart so they can stay warm and dry, but still listen to the rain or the snow whipping through the trees. The exception to this is when a windstorm comes through; then, instead of seeking the high hollow branches, they go down into the deeper root-dens to hide, just in case the ancient tree loses a branch!
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:33 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Cat Name:
    Clan: (Please link)
    Prompt: Mark!!
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goatmom » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:28 am

Username: Goatmom
Cat Name: Lionspot
Clan: Grove Clan
Prompt:

Lionspot hates bad weather. She was one of only 3 kits that survived the great storm and thunder reminds her of the sound of the tree falling on the nursery. Because of this she often hides in the bush in the center of the apprentice's training feild away from any trees.

However when the sky begins to darken with storms Lionspot is never alone in her hiding spot long. It doesn't take long after the first flash of lightning for her adopted father Cinnamonspark to join her. She spends the storm with her face buried in his marbled fur while he gently flicks his tail comfortingly over his back.

As much as she hates storms. She feels safe in her dad's hug.
Goatmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willow.cat » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:11 am

Username: /_Willow_\
Cat Name: Barley'spot
Clan: Willow'clan
Prompt: Barley'spot's favorite thing to do in bad weather is... Enjoy it! She loves to dance around in rain and play in snow while her clan mates find shelter in camp. She also likes hopping and rolling in mud puddles. Even in lightning storms and blizzards, she laughs in pleasure as she trots through the storm.

Willow - any prns - unlabeled
digital artist & daydreamer

..............1 lion left!!
Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:50 am

Username: Knollclan
Cat Name: Lemongrass
Clan: Knollclan
Prompt: [237 words]

"This is awful weather," Lemongrass complained, flopping sideways in her nest. "I don't know how you can enjoy going out in the woods in this weather." Though they were sheltered in their den, the sound of driving rain filled the air, turning the camp into a muddy mess. Lemongrass sniffed in disgust at the mud that had caked onto her paws, taking care to keep them out of her nest to avoid soiling it.

"I don't know how you can enjoy staying in camp so much," Robinblaze retorted, settling down alongside her friend. "You were just sitting here getting soaked- I got to go for a run in the rain! Granted, we didn't catch much, thanks to stupid Smokebite, but-"

"Ooh," Lemongrass's head darted up, eyes sparkling with interest. "What did Smokebite do? Tell me all about it!" She grinned at her friend, knowing well that Robinblaze couldn't resist an opportunity to complain about her rival.

"If you tell me, I'll tell you what I saw go down with the healers today," she prodded, offering a story in return for extra incentive. Robinblaze grinned mischievously back at her.

"If you insist," she said, rolling her eyes in amusement. "So we were hunting, me and him, and-"

Lemongrass settled in to hear her friend's story, beaming. The weather outside may have been terrible, but there really was nothing like curling up inside to gossip with your best friend.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:55 am

Username: Chanceuxcat
Cat Name: Satinwish
Prompt:

The rain doesn't let up, the light pitter-patter turning into a steady lash of water. All Satinwish wants to do is curl up in the corner of the den and sleep. It's always nice to sleep through a storm, cozied up to your denmates, than be outside getting soaked to your bones with the storm raging in your ears. Acornshine and Marblenose have the same idea, already dozing in tight piles at the edge of the warrior den. Satinwish yawns, heading over to them, but a small sniffle draws him away. He turns to see the clan's sole apprentice at the entry of the den, fur clinging to her body and shivers rolling in waves across her shoulders.

"What's the matter Inkpaw? Can't sleep?" He asks nonchalantly, but his apprentice, barely more than a kit herself, looks down at her paws.
"I... I've never been in a storm before."
Oh. It hits him then how small the usually fierce apprentice looks, and how lonely it must be in the apprentice den without anyone else.
"It's ok," he says gently, letting Inkpaw push her wet head into his warm, dry neck fluff as he hugs her with one paw. "Let me tell you about my first storm. I wasn't nearly as brave as you." Soon, Inkpaw is laughing and dry, and her shivering stops completely.

Before that day, Satinwish's favorite thing to do during bad weather was to sleep through it. But now, his favorite thing is the sound of kits laughing through their fear as he tells stories to make them forget about the weather outside.
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:53 am

username: faelyn
    cat name: aviva
    clan: faerie!!
    prompt: click the butterfly c:
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2022 9:51 am

Chanceuxcat wrote:Username: Chanceuxcat
Cat Name: Satinwish
Prompt:

The rain doesn't let up, the light pitter-patter turning into a steady lash of water. All Satinwish wants to do is curl up in the corner of the den and sleep. It's always nice to sleep through a storm, cozied up to your denmates, than be outside getting soaked to your bones with the storm raging in your ears. Acornshine and Marblenose have the same idea, already dozing in tight piles at the edge of the warrior den. Satinwish yawns, heading over to them, but a small sniffle draws him away. He turns to see the clan's sole apprentice at the entry of the den, fur clinging to her body and shivers rolling in waves across her shoulders.

"What's the matter Inkpaw? Can't sleep?" He asks nonchalantly, but his apprentice, barely more than a kit herself, looks down at her paws.
"I... I've never been in a storm before."
Oh. It hits him then how small the usually fierce apprentice looks, and how lonely it must be in the apprentice den without anyone else.
"It's ok," he says gently, letting Inkpaw push her wet head into his warm, dry neck fluff as he hugs her with one paw. "Let me tell you about my first storm. I wasn't nearly as brave as you." Soon, Inkpaw is laughing and dry, and her shivering stops completely.

Before that day, Satinwish's favorite thing to do during bad weather was to sleep through it. But now, his favorite thing is the sound of kits laughing through their fear as he tells stories to make them forget about the weather outside.

winner! i'm also giving a RU to Knickknacks.

Re: stars #2163 // closed!

Postby Knickknacks » Mon May 02, 2022 8:26 am

Oh, thank you so much for the ru, dani! ^^

And congrats to chance, your entry was so heartwarming <3
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me