Based on Click to view
Artist Clementine Cloud [gallery]
Time spent 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #490

Postby Clementine Cloud » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:12 am

Main Thread
To adopt, you must have a founder and be in level one! or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

This adopt is a naming competition! Give this fox a name and please tell me its meaning, significance, or reason they were named this!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Fox Name:[/b]
[b]Fox Gender:[/b]
[b]HW Group:[/b]link to thread

Ends: In one week: 3/13/22 (at CS rollover to the 14th)Extended until Midnight EST!
Last edited by Clementine Cloud on Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #490

Postby minifun990 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:25 am

Username: minifun990
Fox Name: Dayan
Fox Gender: Male
HW Group:Forsaken Felines
Dayan is a name that means judge and peacemaker, someone who finds joy in small things. This is rather close to Dayan's job, a merchant to many of the cats that live in the city Dayan collects and sells many og the things that are brought to him, judging their value, and who he can sell them to. He often delights in 'buying' small flowers from kittens and kits in prticular. However there is also another part to his name and in his youth he was part of a rather interesting duo. Whereas his sneaky partner was called Night, he was her Day, the lighter of the two in both personality and appearance. Even with his moon-like markings many who know Dayan still find he fits the Day nickname
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:25 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Fox Name: Menodora
Fox Gender: Female
HW Group: The Wayfarers
A disciple training beneath the goddess of night, the deity herself was the one to give Menodora her name, meaning "gift of the moon", when she arrived in the realm of the gods. And, indeed, the goddess views Menodora as a gift, viewing her more as the daughter she could never have than merely a student... though the truth of the matter is that the two are unrelated, and, though the memories were locked away from her, Menodora's true family lies elsewhere. But, hey, a shot at godhood is a gift of its own, right? It's fine. It's probably fine.
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:21 am

Username: Frisco
Fox Name: Moonlight Serenade
Fox Gender: female
HW Group: Purradise Lost
Moonlight Serenade is a name she chose for herself. Mable is a name her parents chose for her, but she thought it didn't fit her personality. Her parents were very down to earth, but her aunt dealt with the mystical and the unknown. Moonlight often visited her and learnt from her about healing herbs, the movement of stars and how to tell the future from tarot cards. Learning things that the common folk didn't know of and even ignored fascinated the little fox. The aunt became an idol for Moonlight and following her example, she decided to pick a name for herself that she found to be much more fitting of her personality.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Past Horizons » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:00 am

Username: Past Horizons
Fox Name: Aavya
HW Group: The Scarlet Flags

Aavya means โ€œto guardโ€/โ€œgift of godโ€

Aavyaโ€™s always been one to hold her ground, both morally and physically. Whether this is โ€œstrongโ€ or โ€œstubbornโ€ depends on the point of view. With the rising conflict over the island her family called home, her parents left to aid the resistance, but also left Aavya to raise herself and her siblings in the process. This newfound independence filled her with the drive to never back down, to never leave her friends and family, as long as she could help it. She became almost obsessed with the need to protect, repeating it like a mantra. Fortunately, her drive and motivation brought the eyes of Effe, the goddess of truth, who saw potential amongst the passion and wanted to help Aavya manage and control the obsessiveness into a healthy motivator. Her reward for agreeing and managing this was an innate ability to sense deception in all its forms.

When she met Taavi and eventually joined the Scarlet Flags crew, for the first time, she saw not an ounce of deception coming from the captain. She promised to guard the crew and acts as a secondary advisor to Taavi, and an educator to young Hรฅkan.

โ†’ โ„๐•š! ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•–๐• ๐•—๐•ฃ๐•–๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•”๐•’๐•๐• ๐•ž๐•– ๐”ฝ๐•’๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™! โ†

โ†ช๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๐š๐š’๐š๐šŠ๐š• ๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐š’๐šœ๐š ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šŠ๐š• ๐š๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐š›

โค ๐™ธ ๐™ป๐™พ๐š…๐™ด: ๐š‘๐š˜๐š›๐š›๐š˜๐š› ๐š–๐š˜๐šŸ๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ/๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐š ๐šœ, ๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐šœ, ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐šœ, ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š• ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐š’๐šŒ๐šœ/๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐™ฒ๐š„ โค

Image - Image - Image -
Past Horizons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:46 am

Username: .sins.
Fox Name: Yuki
Fox Gender: female
HW Group: Rapid Mountain Warriors

Yuki first came to the group as a kit. Her cat name was Snow That Blinds. She grew up within the clan before learning of the nearby skulk. After a few meetings with their leader, she was accepted in, and a new bond formed between the cats' and foxes of the mountains they called home. As she grew more comfortable, the skulk gave her a new name, Yuki, Snow. For the chill she brought to those who questioned her loyalties, and the delicateness that she had towards those that were only kind to her. For how she could gracefully float about the camp, but blind others in a battle.
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Username: TimelordSnowy
Fox Name: Eir
HW Group: https://toyhou.se/~world/58005.the-spirit-listeners

Means "Mercy" in Old Norse. The name of a Norse Goddess of Healing and Medicine.
Eir works closely with Blue and The Prophet. She is the head of the healers and worked hard to get to where she is. She lives up to her name in that she is kind and forgiving even to those that probably do not deserve it. She knows the old tales from Odin, she knows what they will have to face. She knows she may be the only one willing to set aside differences and talk. She is more then willing to find a peaceful solution to the conflict.

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 am

Goddess Sword wrote:Username: Goddess Sword
Fox Name: Menodora
HW Group: The Wayfarers
A disciple training beneath the goddess of night, the deity herself was the one to give Menodora her name, meaning "gift of the moon", when she arrived in the realm of the gods. And, indeed, the goddess views Menodora as a gift, viewing her more as the daughter she could never have than merely a student... though the truth of the matter is that the two are unrelated, and, though the memories were locked away from her, Menodora's true family lies elsewhere. But, hey, a shot at godhood is a gift of its own, right? It's fine. It's probably fine.

Thank you all for your lovely names and entries! It was a very tough decision but this one stood out to me, I love Mendora's connection with the one who gave her that name, what a sweet name and very fitting for the story and the design I think! Congrats!
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me