Based on Click to view
Artist Only_Sky [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #1672

Postby Only_Sky » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:10 pm

A short comp.

What is an old story this cat likes to tell?

Ends November 13th

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: Grizzled (greying) black cat with green eyes.
Edits: [NR] Expression [C] Tooth, whiskers, shorter tail, fur edit, ear tufts
Owner:
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #1672

Postby nio » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:14 pm

oh my god, an angel…. mark!
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:01 am

Username: jay.
    Cat Name: binturong
    Clan: the aurora borealis
    Prompt:
☆ | ━━━━ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴏᴜᴛ
    "oh please binturong, just one more tale!" the fuzzy kitten begged, their fur pointing in different angles from there their mother had began to groom them. binturong had been telling stories all evening - that was, however, until the kittens' mother had discovered their whereabouts and demanded they head to bed for the night. binturong let out a small chuckle and shook her head. "one more couldn't hurt i suppose" she purred, seeing the eyes in the small crowd she had gathered light up with excitement.

"it all began the day of my apprentice ceremony" binturong began, only to be cut off by the queen. "this one again? i remember you telling me this when i was a kit." she remarked, only causing binturong to laugh. "i only have so many stories, and besides, i remember you being rather fond of this story, always asking if the same would happen at yours." the elder teased as the queen turned her head away. "fine, but only one more story, it's getting late.". binturong nodded, continuing to talk.

"it was the day of my apprentice ceremony, and i remember it being bright out. i had hardly slept the day before, how could i? my mother wasn't too happy with that, always complaining that i wouldn't look my best for the ceremony. i was the only kit to receive their name that day after all, she wanted me to look the best if all the focus was to be on me." she paused, as if fondly remembering her mother's pestering. "of course, aside from my to-be mentor, but i don't think she cared too much about them". that was when one of the kits perked up. "wait, an apprentice ceremony for warriors? i thought you were a medicine ca-" "shh!" their sibling playfully nudged into them to get them to be quiet. "let her tell her story!" the two kits squabbled before turning their attention back to the elder at a quiet hiss from their mother. binturong patiently waited for the kits to settle down, she was used to this after all. once the den had returned to silence she continued.

"i was a bothersome kit, which was clearly showed in my ceremony. i couldn't sit still, like every kit it was a huge deal to me. hehe, i can still remember everything that our leader told me on that day, and i soaked it up, even though i had heard it over and over again when other cats had become apprentices. i felt special." she shifted in her spot to get more comfortable before continuing. "to this day i still don't know who my mentor was going to be, but whoever it was our ancestors certainly didn't want them to mentor me. right before their name was announced, the entire sky was covered in darkness." she looked down at the kits, seeing the shock on their faces. yet, still under that fear, there was intrigue in their eyes, their paws fidgeting as they awaited the rest of the tale.

"the entire clan turned to chaos, people hid in dens while others stood out in the clearing, panicked at what was going on. i was left alone in the clearing, yet strangely i didn't feel fear. i don't know if it was shock, or me not understanding the situation, but it felt like i was in a safety sphere, that i was untouchable. it wasn't until i felt someone appear next to me that i snapped out of it - the sky was clear again, yet the panic that had ran through the camp was still clearly there." the kits had nestled closer at this point - even their mother had turned her attention towards the elder. even though she had heard the story before the entire concept still caught her off guard on occasion. "who was the cat that appeared next to you, binturong?" one of the kits inquired, watching as the elder continued to talk. "tallwhisker, our healer at the time. of course, this was back when clan names were more common within our group, now only outsiders have them." she explained, "it was if he was protecting me from the rest of the clan, that he saw something we couldn't see at the time. other cats must have blamed what happened on me, that i was cursed if our ancestors were trying to stop me from progressing. if he hadn't stood up for me... i don't want to think about what would've happened. i owe him a lot." she paused to dip her head down slightly in respect.

"that was when he explained that he had been seeing visions, that of a silhouetted figure that needed to be guided away from the paws of misfortune. he now believed that it hadn't been a silhouette - the cat had black fur. he thought the prophecy was talking about me." the kits had settled down now, paying close attention to everything that the elder was saying. "our leader seemed offended by the notion - why hadn't he told him before? they went back and forth before eventually coming to a conclusion. i would have to pick my own fate. train to be a warrior, something i had wanted to do my entire life, or throw that all away to become a healer. tallwhisker's words had, strangely, swayed me. i had never seen our leader show such aggression towards a clanmate before, let alone in front of everyone in camp. i think, inside, i knew it was the right decision, so i picked tallwhisker". binturong collected her thoughts, picking her next words carefully. she didn't want to give the kits nightmares, she knew what her leader had done and was wise enough to know now to explain every detail to them.

"it was the right decision. our leader.. wasn't the best cat, and our ancestors know that. they protected me from him that day. if i had been his apprentice, i would have turned out to be a big scary bad guy." she said the last part playfully to dim it down, and the kits chuckled. "you? a bad guy? no way!" one of them commented. "but i'm always the bad guy when we play warrior and intruder!" one of them whined back. the queen threw binturong a grateful look, having understood what the elder was referencing. her leader had been a tyrannical ruler, personally training apprentices to be careless monsters. he was used as a threat to get kittens to sleep, telling them that he'd haunt their nightmares, but binturong knew that wasn't the place for this right now. she couldn't bring herself to tell them exactly what he'd done, it had always been make believe stories.

even though the kits were squabbling again it was clear their energy levels were low. maybe a story had been what they needed, as it would be much easier to get them to sleep now. the elder glanced up at the queen with a nod, slowly rising to her paws. "you're lucky i'm not a bad guy, otherwise you wouldn't have anyone to tell you stories to" she rose to her paws, stretching out. "though as i promised your mother, it is time for you to go to bed now" she nudged them forward, trying to get them out of the den. they protested before eventually giving in, thanking the black she-cat for telling them stories. their small paws were heavy as they made their way back to the nursery, exhausted from the day's activities. binturong watched them go before sighing, sitting back down in the den.

behind her, lurking in the shadows, stood a tall, faint shadow of a cat. one who had been peacefully watching over the entire story, listening to every detail.

tallwhisker.
Last edited by jay. on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:17 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Cat Name:
    Clan: (Please link)
    Prompt: Mark!!
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:41 am

Username: lovage
    Cat Name: moonstalker
    Clan: fogclan
    Prompt:
    res
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoxyTBDW » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:48 am

Username: RoxyTBDW
Cat Name: Blackberry
Clan: x
Prompt: (SPOILER ALERT)The story of Squirrelflight and Ashfur
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Username: ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ
Cat Name: steve
Clan: steve
Prompt:
wip,,
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ 372695

ImageImageImage
ԏєѧѻӆғוѓԑ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastCottagecat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Username: midnightFOXO
Cat Name: Wolf'fang
Clan: 🌿 𝓕𝓮𝓻𝓷 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 🌿
Prompt:

WIP
ToastCottagecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Username: Griff
Cat Name: Ravenpelt
Clan: https://toyhou.se/griffhighwind/charact ... er:2507939
Prompt:

Ravenpelt gathered the kittens around her, smiling softly. "Long ago, in the days before we had the land, all cats lived in the sky. The nights were long then, as there was no light to see by. Guided by sight and sound, the Old cats nonetheless made their way, although many wished to see their world better. Some, even, took to praying to Starclan. Provide them Light."

"As such, a pair of kittens were born. One was golden, bright like the sun with streaks of orange and eyes like fire. The second was silver, with eyes of white and shaded spots dotted across their coat. The two kittens were playful, and immediately took to chasing each other around the sky. Sun and Moon, they were called, and with their passing by each brought a different type of light. One attracted stars, while the other attracted clouds in their wake. They still run about today, always playing and never once at rest. Forever filled with endless kitten energy, and loving life!"
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:11 pm

jay. wrote:
    Username: jay.
    Cat Name: binturong
    Clan: the aurora borealis
    Prompt:
☆ | ━━━━ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴏᴜᴛ
    "oh please binturong, just one more tale!" the fuzzy kitten begged, their fur pointing in different angles from there their mother had began to groom them. binturong had been telling stories all evening - that was, however, until the kittens' mother had discovered their whereabouts and demanded they head to bed for the night. binturong let out a small chuckle and shook her head. "one more couldn't hurt i suppose" she purred, seeing the eyes in the small crowd she had gathered light up with excitement.

"it all began the day of my apprentice ceremony" binturong began, only to be cut off by the queen. "this one again? i remember you telling me this when i was a kit." she remarked, only causing binturong to laugh. "i only have so many stories, and besides, i remember you being rather fond of this story, always asking if the same would happen at yours." the elder teased as the queen turned her head away. "fine, but only one more story, it's getting late.". binturong nodded, continuing to talk.

"it was the day of my apprentice ceremony, and i remember it being bright out. i had hardly slept the day before, how could i? my mother wasn't too happy with that, always complaining that i wouldn't look my best for the ceremony. i was the only kit to receive their name that day after all, she wanted me to look the best if all the focus was to be on me." she paused, as if fondly remembering her mother's pestering. "of course, aside from my to-be mentor, but i don't think she cared too much about them". that was when one of the kits perked up. "wait, an apprentice ceremony for warriors? i thought you were a medicine ca-" "shh!" their sibling playfully nudged into them to get them to be quiet. "let her tell her story!" the two kits squabbled before turning their attention back to the elder at a quiet hiss from their mother. binturong patiently waited for the kits to settle down, she was used to this after all. once the den had returned to silence she continued.

"i was a bothersome kit, which was clearly showed in my ceremony. i couldn't sit still, like every kit it was a huge deal to me. hehe, i can still remember everything that our leader told me on that day, and i soaked it up, even though i had heard it over and over again when other cats had become apprentices. i felt special." she shifted in her spot to get more comfortable before continuing. "to this day i still don't know who my mentor was going to be, but whoever it was our ancestors certainly didn't want them to mentor me. right before their name was announced, the entire sky was covered in darkness." she looked down at the kits, seeing the shock on their faces. yet, still under that fear, there was intrigue in their eyes, their paws fidgeting as they awaited the rest of the tale.

"the entire clan turned to chaos, people hid in dens while others stood out in the clearing, panicked at what was going on. i was left alone in the clearing, yet strangely i didn't feel fear. i don't know if it was shock, or me not understanding the situation, but it felt like i was in a safety sphere, that i was untouchable. it wasn't until i felt someone appear next to me that i snapped out of it - the sky was clear again, yet the panic that had ran through the camp was still clearly there." the kits had nestled closer at this point - even their mother had turned her attention towards the elder. even though she had heard the story before the entire concept still caught her off guard on occasion. "who was the cat that appeared next to you, binturong?" one of the kits inquired, watching as the elder continued to talk. "tallwhisker, our healer at the time. of course, this was back when clan names were more common within our group, now only outsiders have them." she explained, "it was if he was protecting me from the rest of the clan, that he saw something we couldn't see at the time. other cats must have blamed what happened on me, that i was cursed if our ancestors were trying to stop me from progressing. if he hadn't stood up for me... i don't want to think about what would've happened. i owe him a lot." she paused to dip her head down slightly in respect.

"that was when he explained that he had been seeing visions, that of a silhouetted figure that needed to be guided away from the paws of misfortune. he now believed that it hadn't been a silhouette - the cat had black fur. he thought the prophecy was talking about me." the kits had settled down now, paying close attention to everything that the elder was saying. "our leader seemed offended by the notion - why hadn't he told him before? they went back and forth before eventually coming to a conclusion. i would have to pick my own fate. train to be a warrior, something i had wanted to do my entire life, or throw that all away to become a healer. tallwhisker's words had, strangely, swayed me. i had never seen our leader show such aggression towards a clanmate before, let alone in front of everyone in camp. i think, inside, i knew it was the right decision, so i picked tallwhisker". binturong collected her thoughts, picking her next words carefully. she didn't want to give the kits nightmares, she knew what her leader had done and was wise enough to know now to explain every detail to them.

"it was the right decision. our leader.. wasn't the best cat, and our ancestors know that. they protected me from him that day. if i had been his apprentice, i would have turned out to be a big scary bad guy." she said the last part playfully to dim it down, and the kits chuckled. "you? a bad guy? no way!" one of them commented. "but i'm always the bad guy when we play warrior and intruder!" one of them whined back. the queen threw binturong a grateful look, having understood what the elder was referencing. her leader had been a tyrannical ruler, personally training apprentices to be careless monsters. he was used as a threat to get kittens to sleep, telling them that he'd haunt their nightmares, but binturong knew that wasn't the place for this right now. she couldn't bring herself to tell them exactly what he'd done, it had always been make believe stories.

even though the kits were squabbling again it was clear their energy levels were low. maybe a story had been what they needed, as it would be much easier to get them to sleep now. the elder glanced up at the queen with a nod, slowly rising to her paws. "you're lucky i'm not a bad guy, otherwise you wouldn't have anyone to tell you stories to" she rose to her paws, stretching out. "though as i promised your mother, it is time for you to go to bed now" she nudged them forward, trying to get them out of the den. they protested before eventually giving in, thanking the black she-cat for telling them stories. their small paws were heavy as they made their way back to the nursery, exhausted from the day's activities. binturong watched them go before sighing, sitting back down in the den.

behind her, lurking in the shadows, stood a tall, faint shadow of a cat. one who had been peacefully watching over the entire story, listening to every detail.

tallwhisker.

Congrats jay.! I really enjoyed reading this story!!
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me