Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
66 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1937 -- Dog God

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

I haven't made a main adopt in a bit, so... hands you this freak.

Standard: hair, shine, teeth, claws // Common: fur, tail, backmane // Uncommon: ears, pupils

---

Please write me a prayer to this God.
Interpret the prompt as you'd like. Unlimited writing/art.

As always, if you have any questions feel free to DM me here or on Discord!
You may pretty up your form as you'd like!

Ends July 24th, @11:59 PM, EST

RU 01 Error Code [won by Meridiem]
RU 02 Invalid Offering [won by néktar]
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1937 -- Dog God

Postby melancollie » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm

mark
melancollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm

mark!!
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:26 pm

mark!
username; lex.
name; eden
gender; genderfaun
prompt;
res with the person praying for his mothers eyesight to return, and eden decides if he is worthy of not.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby !karkat » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:31 pm

MARK!
the name charon,,
Last edited by !karkat on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
seraph - it.he.doll
toyhouse
!karkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Username: SilhouetteStation
    Name: Ezukai

• • • • •

The temple is crumbling. You've spent days trekking through this thick, untamed swamp forest, battling against thick vines and clouds of insects. Murky swamp water reached your knees, seeping into your boots and making the journey much more frustrating than you wanted it to be. You took your time because you had to, and really, all it's done is hardened your resolve. Each morning you've tightened your laces, strapped on your pack, and carried on. The burning in your legs and chest was nothing compared to the anger smoldering in the depths of your mind. You haven't let that beast awaken yet; the time wasn't right.

But now here you are.

Your hands are filthy, nails caked with mud, dirt smeared on your cheek and leaf debris tangled in your hair. The vines and insects and bogs are behind you. Underfoot, the ground has hardened into compact earth. Ahead, the ground disappears into a misty abyss. Nothing but a rope bridge connects this land to the rocky island you've been searching for, seeming to float in a sea of fog. The stone temple is silent. It's as though nothing exists behind it; like you've found the edge of the world, and this is all that lives beyond. Approaching the bridge brings no surge of confidence. Some of the planks are broken, and the rope looks like it could snap at any moment. The posts dug into the dry ground shift slightly when you touch them. But there's also another feeling there; a slight spark, a sting in your fingertips. A kind of enchantment has been placed on this bridge; it will not break.

Of course you can sense it. Takes one to know one, right?

And with that bitter thought and a humorless smile, you go on.

It sways and creaks beneath your weight but, as you predicted, it does not break. The moment you step off, the world seems to go silent. It's like you've entered a different, timeless realm, and you hate that it feels familiar. The only sounds are footsteps and breathing, both your own, and it seems to solidify the fact that you are totally and utterly alone right now. It's not like you haven't felt like this before. But it's strange, almost, feeling like this without the sensation of strangers eyes burning into your back, or whispering just out of earshot. But you won't be alone much longer, not if you've got the words right and the prayer works. And then...well.

You've got questions, and you're not leaving without answers.

If getting here was a trek, making it up these stairs is a hike. This whole place is winding stairs, cracking walls, and overlapping pathways. With each minute that goes by, the more you feel like you're going in circles. Some stairs are chipped, some broken away completely, some cracked by thick, dry vines. Any trees are dull, thin, roots intertwining with the rock and tripping up your weary feet. Sometimes arches rise up over your head; other times the walls vanish, and there's nothing between you and the drop into nothing. You don't look down. You don't look back. This place was made to test people. To keep them wandering for hours on end on a seemingly endless search. The entire place is a puzzle, a riddle, and it's designed to frustrate you. But it's also made to be solved, and that's what you're doing to do.

But now, finally, a change from the sameness. Carvings appear on the walls. You don't stop, but your pace does lessen. Seeing these images, this doglike face, causes a surge of emotion to well up in your chest. Your throat seems to tighten. Maybe it's anger, more than anything. Anger and confusion. You reach out to brush your fingertips against the rough, cold stone, and feel another spark. Without even thinking, you turn to look over your shoulder. There's no one there. You keep walking but, from that point on, you get the sense that this place is waking up.

What feels like days is only a few hours, and then you're there, at the top. As quietly as you can, you walk through a cracked archway and reach the top of the temple. The main shrine opens up before you. Tall walls of stone on each side, covered in more carvings and thick tree roots. The dark foliage reaches up to create a rough canopy. No birds sing, no wind ruffles the leaves. On the far side is where the statue sits. The same doglike figure in all it's glory, with sharped claws and wild gaze. It seems to watch you as you approach. A raised slab sits at its feet. An old incense burner is there. Ancient, but whole.

Your hands are trembling as you kneel. The cold seeps through your clothes, chilling your bones. Fumbling, you open your backpack and pull out the supplies you've carried all this way. Incense sticks. Flint. Even as you begin to set up the burner, you can't quiet believe that you're here. You found Ezukai's temple. You found the shrine of, quite possibly, the oddest sprite to exist in the world. You know the lore of regular sprites, their power, their connection to nature. You've spent hours reading every piece of text about Ezukai that you can get your hands on; old notes, snatches of information, everything that's ever been written about them. Because they are bizarre. Not created by the Original Three. Not connected to nature. It's like they thrived only on knowledge, and riddles, and mischief. One rumor passed down through the years indicated that they built their own shrine, and that it wasn't constructed by any follower. Those now were few; not many said they worshipped Ezukai. Follower or not, people seemed only to come to this shrine when they had questions they wanted answered. Even then, they would receive no straight answers. More riddles, more mischief for the sprite who claimed to know everything, and liked to play with those who came to seek information.

And now here you are.

Head bowed, hood pulled up, you light the incense and clasp your hands together, thumbs aligned on top of your fingers. The sweet smoke fills your nose, spiraling into the air and wreathing itself around the statue. There's a noise above you, like a great beast breathing air into it's cold, crumbling lungs. It feels like you're being watched. A silent entity urges you to speak, and so you begin to recite the Sprites' Prayer.

"From Sky above in kingdom cloud,
    to depths and sparkling Sea.
    Earth in tree and grassland hills,
    I give my praise to Three.

To all their sprites created
    from cloud and leaf and dew;
    who help to shape the world around,
    I give also praise to you.

Now at this shrine I kneel
    with your incense lit with care;
    I wait for your sacred presence
    with these words..."

Your throat constricts slightly. "With these...these words..." You pause again, swallowing hard.

The atmosphere in the temple seems to intensify. A weight settles on your shoulders, and you can almost imagine claws digging into your skin. They're waiting for you to finish, you know, but it feels like your mouth has gone dry. You know what you're meant to say - you've been repeating it in your head for weeks like a mantra - but suddenly it doesn't seem right. The words don't feel right anymore. You've been waiting to meet this sprite for years. If you're going to do it, you don't want to do it through repeating someone else's prayer. It needs to be your prayer, your words, no matter how unpolished they may be. But will they come, if the ritual isn't carried out like tradition?

You don't know, but what you do know is that you haven't come here for nothing. You force yourself to relive those memories of judging eyes and gossiping voices. You think of your Mother, of her unconditional love towards such a thing as you. Of your Father, who chose to care for you as his own. You need answers to all of it. You need to know why you're here.

So you begin to speak. Your own words; your own kind of prayer.

"Ezukai," you whisper. "I have so many questions that I hope you have the answers to. I know I'm messing this up and not saying what I'm supposed to, or maybe I am supposed to do it this way so it means something, I don't...I don't know. And...and I know you're known for your tricks, and your games, and your riddles, but...that's not what I need. I need answers," you add, almost in a growl. "Proper answers. So, if you're prepared to give me that...please. Come to me now."

If it's possible, the stone beast exhales. You breathe in an odd smell, perfumed and musty, like incense from years past. A hollow, crackling laugh echoes from its mouth, slowly morphing into something like a low croon. "I'm intrigued," a voice says, deep and husky. "It's been a long time since anyone has chosen to visit at the first place of my worship. Many do not bother with the journey. But you, so young, so serious...you have my attention."

You didn't know what you expected them to sound like, but hearing their voice sends a jolt down your spine. You turn, slowly, with your head still bowed and hood still pulled up to hide your face. They're standing close by; if you stepped forward, you could touch them. You stare at the long legs, the bare feet, the long tail gently swishing from side to side. Your hands are still clenched together, white at the knuckles, and you know they'll probably take it as a sign of respect instead of a sign of self control. Idly, you wonder if they'll recognize you.

"I cannot promise to answer each question in full," Ezukai continues, with a hint of teasing. "I'm a very busy sprite, of course. There are many places for me to be, many prayers to listen to. Many people have need of my extensive knowledge." They chuckle, as though at their own private joke. It irks you. "And so I say, you are welcome for my presence. I am prepared to be your audience, and hear your questions, at least...until I am bored. Whenever you're ready."

They don't know you, not one bit. You've known them for less than five minutes, and you severely dislike them. Not quite hate; not yet. But they annoy you. For so long now you practiced your questions, cycled through hundreds of them for different scenarios, but part of you doesn't even care now. You know you're not going to get what you wanted. They're not going to answer properly. They're going to joke, and sneer, and tease. Suddenly those answers aren't as important. Your sudden desire now, burning and bitter, is for satisfaction.

"How is it," you begin, in a restrained voice, "that you, the sprite who doesn't even need to exist, who probably exists by accident, thinks they have the right to act high and mighty as though they're as powerful as the Three? Sitting up here in your lonely temple with your walls breaking around you, with nothing to show for yourself other than nasty tricks and false hope. Like all of that is something to be proud of. Joke sprite indeed."

There's a shift in the atmosphere; it's tense enough to cut it with a knife. You certainly delivered on the shock factor. Ezukai jerks as though they've been slapped. Too stunned to speak, you take the opportunity to continue.

"What I don't understand is how you have any power at all. You're not connected to the world like the other sprites. Really, it's hard to believe how you're all related. Are you related? Or were you just a mistake? I'm sure you never get invited to the family reunions. Who would want you around? All you'd do is tell stories, pretend you know everything, when you don't."

Ezukai finds his voice. Your head is still bowed but you can see him swell up, chest puffed out, arms rigid and fingers clenched into fists at their sides. When he speaks, his voice is booming and full of rage. "You insolent little brat!" they snarl. "You come here to my temple, to my shrine, and you dare speak to me with such disrespect? You insult me and my power? Who do you think you are?"

You laugh. They don't expect it, and it seems to throw them. Your cackling echoes in the temple, bouncing back from the walls. Tears form in the corners of your eyes, a mix of anger and frustration. "You should know!" you say, almost shouting. "If you're as wise as you say you are, then you should know! But you don't!"

"My knowledge is matched by none-"

"Then tell me, your greatness," you interrupt, laughter subsiding, the earlier bitterness returning to your voice, "tell me. What possessed you to have a relationship with a mortal, when you know it's forbidden for sprites to do so? And here's a good head scratcher; do you know how sprites and mortals have children? No one else does. I don't believe you do either but go on, have a go."

A few things happen at the same time.

You throw back your hood and take all of them in. The golden face. The overgrown teeth. Those eyes. A spark seems to run between the two of you, connecting you for just a split second. Your eyes are glaring. Theirs widen in visible wonder. You take that step forward and swing; your fist connects with their jaw, knocking them backwards, but they're too stunned to react.

You won't get the answers you want, not from them, but you're here. In all your determination and furious glory, you're here. And you have to ask the question you've been asking yourself for your entire life.

"How do I exist?"

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:15 pm

user; beebun
    kal name; tiisetso
    pronouns; he/him

sometimes I wonder; are gods truly real? the books say
      they are, but I often feel that they over exaggerate a
      god’s power. I think that now, again, when I’m here, in
      the rainforest, on an island almsot fully unexplored. a
      place filled with lost things and artifacts, and I just
      can’t wait. there have even been reports of someone
      living on this very island.

I push away the gigantic leaves with my claws, and
      expose a run down stone structure of sorts. my lips
      curl upwards, in an excited smile. my first discovery
      on this mysterious island.

I pad forwards, careful to look underneath myself as
      I walk, just incase I can spot any artifacts lying there,
      though it is unlikely. I find nothing, and walk along until
      I reach the structure. it is made of stone, a solid gray
      stone, though the doorway was gem-studded, with
      pink gems and aquamarine-colored gems. one had fallen
      off, but everything else seemed to be in good condition.
      I reach down and pick up the gem, carefully wrapping it
      in a cloth before stowing it in my bag. then, I continue
      on, into the stone ruin fully now.

it was then, once I was underneath the ruin, that I heard
      it. a soft rustle, then a louder one, and I shivered. being
      in a lost ruin does not help when you hear an unknown
      sound.

the animal who had made the sound then showed them-
      selves, stepping forwards and blocking the light from
      the entrance. their eyes narrowed before saying; “you
      are trespassing on the god tiisetso’s land. begone,
      traveler, before I decide to be done with you.”

wip. traveler & ‘god’ become friends, and traveler
      starts to believe in gods. traveler writes a prayer
      to god; saying that they’ve fallen in love with som-
      eone and don’t know what to do. tiisetso gets mad
      and asks who this person is, and the traveler laughs
      before saying it’s him. the two finally realize they
      like each other, but traveler gets sick, and dies. god
      is heartbroken and gets a last prayer from his love,
      saying that he should live out his eternity in
      happiness, not sorrow.
Last edited by beebun on Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:29 pm

mark
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✘𝗄𝖺𝗆𝗂 - 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

Postby néktar » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:30 pm

user néktar | name

"the world has changed since you first appeared, i assume you're not coping well. i see how the sky has lost it's beautiful blue color, the flowers droop and are dull in color. this year there were no sweet smells of spring as the cherry blossom didn't even bloom in the city. it was a shock to me though everyone else didn't even seem to bat an eye.

the country side still holds that beauty though that's one of the reasons why i decided to move out here. the other reason is my grandmother, you remember her right? she used to go on and on about you, i'm sure this past year you have been in mourning for her just as i have. i thought she kept a shrine for you around or in the house but i haven't been able to find it anywhere..

it's concerning, have you hid it from me? if so, why? are you afraid i'll destroy it or change it as others have changed your land?
    i wonder if that has influenced the way you are perceived or the way you present yourself. do you still look as beautiful as the nature you protect or have you grown into a monster as others have made of your landscapes.. i don't know but i want to. i miss you and the warmth you once brought to me and my family and the world. it's been so long since i've been in this house, the floor creaks under my weight, it didn't use to. i could hear my own laughter echoing through the halls and the small thumps my feet made as i ran around chasing you through the house. we were close but not as close as you were with my grandmother. i'm so sorry and i hope you were able to say goodbye as i wasn't here, my heart aches.

i feel anger and pain in the house, it's cold and lonely, i wonder if you're even here. it doesn't feel like it and i can't even find you if so, i know i can still see you unless you really don't want me to. but why? i don't get it, i have always said prayers to you every year on the day we met, could you not hear them? did you think i stopped? i'm sorry if i have upset you but please out of all the days in my life i have needed you most now yū. i'm sorry i didn't visit more often, i'm sorry i wasn't here in my grandmother's last days. i'm sorry! i'm sorry.."

i couldn't write anymore, tears were obstructing my vision at this point, i left the note in an empty room where yū and i use to sit together and talk for hours. i walked around the house, i had just finished moving in all of my things when i started looking for the shrine, my grandmother would always talk about visitng the shrine constantly so i'm not sure why i can't find it in the house or in the yard. i slide open the wooden side door and looked out into the forest just feet away from the house. my eyes caught something in the brushes, something wild looking. it scared me but it also tugged at my heart. i took a step down and didn't even feel my feet hit the grass below, all there was at that moment was me and the creature in the bushes.

as soon as i took that step the creature dashed, i took right off after it. my legs carried me quickly behind it, i didn't regret all those workouts my friends had made me do at this point. i could barely see a tail winding around trees and brush, i locked on to it, trying to reach out and grab it. every time i got close it was pulled away from my grasp, i growled in frustration. my feet which were purely bare were now covered in dirt and grime, i had been lucky not to step on any sticks or rocks but it seemed that i was on a carefully cleared path through the forest. it was strange but i didn't think to hard about it all i could focus on was the creature in front of me, keeping a steady pace just out of my reach but clearly not running away from me in fear.

i began to question just what this was, it couldn't be yū, this creature was almost all black with what looked like flashes of bright colors. yū was a beautiful forest green or sometimes a soft blue, or my favorite which was the colors of the setting sun over the mountain tops. this creature looked like a computer glitch, something i would have seen in one of my friends games or on a sign in tokyo - this wasn't yū it couldn't be. yet every time i thought of them the creature would seem to slow a bit almost enough for me to reach it but as i shook the thought away it would speed up.

just as i thought my legs would buckle underneath me, the creature leapt up on top of something covered in leaves and disappeared. i skidded to a halt, heaving. my chest was heavy and i was so unbelievably out of breath i had to take a moment to regain focus, my hands were shaking and my vision blurred. i feared i would pass out, deep in this forest alone, i would become one with the earth once again if i were to collapse here. i felt my legs go weak and i fell to my knees just in front of this edifice - long forgotten and covered in beautiful green vines. i finally was able to catch my breath, and fully assess what was before of me.

my eyes drag upwards examining the structure, a decrepit shrine gate, the red paint had been worn to a dull red from the years of neglect and the weather. some pieces were missing and it looked as though it would fall apart upon a single breeze. thought he creature had fully sat on and leapt from it without so much as a creak from it. as i looked through the gate i could only see more forest and no sign of a shrine anywhere, there was no way my grandmother would walk all the way out here for yū but then again i knew she definitely would. i bit my lip and took a chance, maybe this was where my grandmother came to pray so i readjusted my posture to sit properly for prayer. i pressed my palms together and held them in front of me slightly bowing my head. i begin my prayer softly.

"immortal kami yū, keeper of all that is beautiful and natural in this world,
      hear my prayer and plea. i seek the guidance of my soul and the healing of my heart.

lead me as you may, for i am at your mercy; i only wish to return to which i once loved.
      return me to that of your beauty and the wonders of the world. open my eyes once more,
      so that my soul and heart may be pure for the rest of my days.

i plead with your spirit, i plead with your strength,
      i plead with your courage, i plead with your compassion.

see me as i am, a child of nature and of beauty
      cleanse my heart and soul of that which i have experienced,
      embrace me anew. a child to you once more.

i lifted my head, yū had heard me as they stood before me, though they did not look as they once did. their eyes looked crazed, a look of pain permanently glazed over them. baring their teeth like a monster that would frighten anyone who saw them. as i gazed at yū my heart shattered, i broke down crying and ran to them. i flung my arms around them burying my face into their chest sobbing, i could barely get any words out.

"i'm sorry yū! i'm so sorry, i'll never leave you again! ..i missed you"
Last edited by néktar on Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Mark

StayArmy