Time spent 5 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1911 Won by Lucario

Postby The Lost soul » Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Standard- Hair, custom shine
Common-Longer fur, Custom tail

Note- that is not a notch in the top of the ear, it is a black marking. Realized that with how dark it is, it might look like modified lines, but it's still standard ears

The hair has sectioning you tend to see in boxbraids and cornrows- though we don't think we drew it right. Not an original idea, we got it from images like #42 in this article here.
Not the place we got the idea from, but we only got a vague concept of sectioning off hair and adding beads/rings between sections.

To win this Kalon, tell us what their favorite part about going to bed is. Limit 500 words. No prettying up. Ends in 4 days from posting.

Code: Select all
[u][b]Username:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Kalon's Name:[/b][/u]
[u][b]Kalon's favorite part about going to bed:[/b][/u]

Won by Lucario
Last edited by The Lost soul on Thu May 27, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sensory heaven

Postby raiden » Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 pm

Username: stealthcamo 739226

Kalon's Name: Florian

Kalon's favorite part about going to bed:

Making your way through the day can take a lot of effort. Between managing the social interactions, making sure you fulfill your responsibilities, and dealing with all the twists and turns that life has to offer, getting through it all can take a lot of spoons. To prepare themself for the next day ahead, Florian has established a consistent routine for them to follow at bedtime, which they have come to love dearly. After an exhausting day, Florian looks forward to releasing their pent-up stress and taming their overstimulation with this end-of-the-day routine.

After washing their face and paws to stay feeling clean and fresh, Florian spritzes their body with their favorite fragrant body mist: a black raspberry vanilla-scented perfume! As the sweet scent wafts around their velvety curls, Florian’s eyes get heavy with languor. Florian crawls into their bed, lined with bamboo rayon sheets. These smooth sheets keep them cool (as their own fur keeps them plenty warm enough at night,) and leaves a soft, luxurious feeling as it drags against their skin. To top it off, a polyester comforter filled with fluffy down feathers keeps Florian from feeling overwhelmed by the weight of a flannel or fleece blanket.

Once they are tucked into bed, Florian reaches for their bedtime partner: a small, blue, dragon-shaped plushie. In actuality, the dragon is a dog toy they had found at a local pet store, but Florian can see past its intended use. The toy’s wings contain a plastic film that creates a wonderful “crinkle” sound when it is touched. The gentle, almost rain-like sound that the dragon creates as Florian cuddles up to it at night is music to their ears.

After a long day, sometimes all you need is a little “me” time. Florian’s nighttime routine is certainly just that, as they have created a schedule full of pleasant stimuli to help them calm down and drift off to sleep in preparation for the next big day ahead. With the physical sensation of smooth sheets, the olfactory sensation of sweet perfume, and the auditory sensation of their favorite crinkly toy, Florian's mind is ready to rest in this sensory heaven.
    seriously, buy that body mist. it cured my insomnia u_u
Last edited by raiden on Thu May 20, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
snake/wolf. he/they/she.
trades. kalons. nishinekos.
pfp: kaiyodo revoltech
i'm your number one fan!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
raiden

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1911

Postby Lucario » Wed May 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Username: Lucario
Kalon's Name: Tex
Kalon's favorite part about going to bed: Tex is a soft soul. There is nothing in the world that they love more than doing their bed-time routine. First, at around 11PM, they make their way to the bathroom. They brush their teeth, and wash their face. They take great care in this routine, as it helps them to recognise that it's almost time to sleep.
They then must feed their animals - two dogs, a cat, and a bird rule the house, and Tex loves them with their entire heart. They are all very well taken care of. They usually cover the birds cage with a blanket, to help the bird to sleep. They then head downstairs, and begin to heat up some milk. While they wait for the milk to heat, they usually text their friends and quick "Goodnight! <3", they have found that they can't sleep until their friends reply. Once the milk is heated, they make a hot-chocolate, and head up to bed.

More often than not, Tex reads in bed. They will light some candles, and dim the lights - the only way that they can read is in a quiet, and peaceful environment. They need absolute silence. Their favorite books are definitely young adult novels, those with completely absurd storylines. They find these books to be easy to read, and they don't take much thought. Due to this, they get tired while reading them. On a good night, it will take between four, and six chapters before they begin to get sleepy, in which case they will turn over for the night. However, some nights they aren't so lucky - and will end up caught in a spiral, in which something interesting has happened in the plot, and they simply must stay awake to see what happens.

They keep a small notebook by their bed, and on the nights where they are restless - they write. They don't care too much about the actual content of their writing, but they see it more so are an excersize to empty their brain - to get all of their thoughts out, and onto paper. That way, in the morning, they can consider what they have written, and if something has popped up a few times, over multiple nights, they are able to go about fixing the issue. Their writing usually isn't anything serious, though. More often than not its ramblings about the book that they are reading, the tricks that they have taught their dogs, or even just a shopping list. Either way, it definitely helps them to sleep better, and they find that it's a helpful way to close off their evening, by neutralising their mind.

438/500
Last edited by Lucario on Thu May 20, 2021 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucario

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊ » Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Mark

StayArmy
Studying to be a marine biologist
I love miraculous Ladybug, K-dramas,
photography
Anime, Manga, Nature, k-pop

Taking a hiatus from cs, only active for kalons/art
TH Kalons Art Shop ©
"Dreams come true to those who truly want them"

₊˚ʚ꒷ ₊˚Mallow₊˚ ‧₊

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed May 19, 2021 8:53 pm

👀
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sporky » Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 pm

Username: sporky
Kalon's Name: Elm
skincare routine, relaxing to calm music, reflecting in a self-care journal, remembering to message their friends goodnight.
Last edited by sporky on Fri May 21, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
「 ✦ lab ✦ 」 they/fae
જ⁀➴ trying to collect every CS pet! feel free to send trades!
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
sporky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoosea » Thu May 20, 2021 2:40 am

Username: Zoosea
Kalon's Name: Emmaline

Emmaline’s favorite time of the day is the evening. A time known to be everybody’s period to settle down after a long days work. Emmaline always looks forward to grabbing a nice beverage, settling down in her soft and fluffy sheets, puffing up her pillows and turning on her favorite drama show. It only airs during the late evenings, so she has made it a routine to be ready and cozy before it starts! The show takes place in a steampunk, medieval-like surrounding, which always takes her breath away with the beautiful landscapes. She constantly found herself wishing she existed in such an amazing environment. The drama is so cheesy and exaggerated, which Emmaline finds humorous. Frequently finding herself chuckling at the ridiculousness of it all. In real life, Emma hates drama, but the humorous way the show portrays it makes it enjoyable. The characters are great and dynamic, the storyline consistent and interesting. Everything about the show is pretty much great! At least it was a good to relax and fall asleep watching it. After having a good couple of laughs and watching as the last episode airing for that night slowly fade to black, Emmaline turns off the tv to cuddle up in her warm blankets. Leaving a tired but relaxed smile on her face, as she quickly falls asleep. [222/500]
Last edited by zoosea on Sat May 22, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
June aka Zoosea

✧About✧
Shy⭒Timid⭒Awkward
I'm very friendly! ^^
I love animals and drawing.

✧Commissions✧ Closed
My C$ Art ShopClosed
✧Requests✧

My KalonsTH
zoosea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dreams of S(l/h)eep

Postby captain dude » Fri May 21, 2021 5:30 am

Natural hair, natural hair, natural hair!!! Yay!
Username: captain dude
Kalon's Name: Kiya

Kiya has always wanted to live an extraordinary life. After all, who doesn’t? But when you’re working 9-to-5 as a busy big-city executive and living in the middle of one of the largest metropolises in the world, it’s easy to feel anything but extraordinary as you realize you’re a goldfish in this turbulent sea of chaos.

That’s why Kiya picked up lucid dreaming. At the end of the day, once all thoughts of a desk job and bills are settled down and put away, Kiya can cozy herself in pajamas, drift off to sleep, and be whoever she wants to be. It took a bit of practice and lots of Internet how-to articles to learn how to ditch the mundane world and control her dreams without waking up but it was well worth the effort. It gives her a reason to get excited about going to bed.

Lucid dreaming is like living in a choose-your-own-adventure book. When she wants to fly, free as a bird, or explore rugged extraterrestrial mountains on Mars, she can. If she wants to stop a crime or pull off a heist, she’s free to. If she wants to abandon all responsibilities and move to the steppes of Mongolia, nothing stands in her way. Whatever she feels like doing that day, she’s able to do, no matter how unrealistic or imaginary it is. She does know she’s asleep while she lucid dreams but she still loves getting to silence life’s clamoring noise of invasive thoughts and constant worries to just play. It’s like being a kid again.

She feels like a new person from both the mental changes and the physical benefits of getting enough shut-eye. It’s shifted her views on life, too. She’s become more emotionally resilient, emboldened, and determined, and she loves the changes she sees. She’s been compelled to grab life by the horns and look for a waking life that leaves her just as satisfied and happy as her sleeping life. Even if that means career changes, moving, or starting over in a new field.

But dreaming’s ultimate purpose for her is to just switch off and play. She loves to have eight hours to imagine and just have fun. It’s creative and healing, a time all to her own. She has a recurring dream that’s her favorite, one of living in a beautiful yet mysterious tropical paradise, just getting to go on adventures all day and hunt for treasure in the labyrinthine cenotes below. To know that she has fun ahead of her each morning when she gets up for work has her looking forward to bedtime.

And that is definitely a motivating reason to get a full eight hours.
Last edited by captain dude on Fri May 21, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfumus » Fri May 21, 2021 4:35 pm

Username: Wolfumus
Kalon's Name: Wip
Kalon's favorite part about going to bed: Wip (Counting Sheep) :)
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sun May 23, 2021 7:51 am

Username: lovage
Kalon's Name: ana
grabbing her pen and journal and her favorite podcast while she draws herself is a bath is her favorite part of heading to bed. her life is stressful and taking time to ensure complete relaxation is necessary for her. this is ana’s time to wind down fully before bed, and she makes sure she enjoys every moment.

a bath smelling of lemon and chamomile helps her to relax as she reflects on her day. this results in her journaling for a few minutes about the day’s events. this time tends to range with quiet giggles about a joke her friend told her to soft sorrow over something a friend told her. and, this time is a good time for her to get stuff off of her chest, resulting in it being quite therapeutic.

when she’s done journaling, she tunes into her favorite podcast all about mythology, and its tales range from conquests of greek heroes to ones to serve as warnings for travelers and children. she often loses herself in the descriptive narration as she imagines these characters in her head. and, when the story draws to a close, she always has a fully relaxed feeling come over her. she finishes up her bath, and when bedtime finally comes, she finds herself feeling as if she’s sleeping on a cloud within her fluffy bed, going to sleep quite quickly after burrowing within her blankets.

and, though this situation can only happen every other day, it certainly is something ana can’t do away with no matter what happens.

(257/500)
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me