Based on Click to view
Artist Kosciusko [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #1083

Postby Kosciusko » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Welcome to the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project
Euphorian Thoroughbreds are a rare string of the Thoroughbred breed. They come from a single farm simply called “Euphoria” that has horses with mutated genes. These allow them to be able to possess any realistic coat or markings. Everything else about the sub-type is the same. Long, strong legs, a powerful hind, and great speed. Their eyes are soft and the breed is incredibly smart, if not a bit goofy. They love kids and have the rare ability to excel in any discipline. They can grow from 15hh-18hh, though usually somewhere in the middle.
The horses readopted through the Euphorian Retired Racehorse Project are looking for a new loving home and a new job. They’ve tried racing and have either retired or decided the sport wasn’t for them. Either way, they are ready for the next chapter in their life. Some of these horses will come with a little training already, and will have their new discipline already determined. Although others you’ll get to pick how they move forwards!

Owner: ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Nine to Five
Barn Name: Cash
Height: 17.3
Eye Color: Brown Sugar
Phenotype: Silver Sooty Buckskin Tovero
Genotype: Ee Aa CR ZZ Stysty ToTo Oo
Mane Type: Cropped
Discipline: Horse Rental (weddings, events etc.)
Halter:
Breeding Info:
- Will always pass silver
Edit List:
- Perked ears
- Wide eyes
- Tongue out

I was going to keep this guy because I'm so in love with him BUT I know he'd never get any attention with me, so I'd like to give him to you guys.

To win this stallion, tell me how he and his best buddy (fellow Euphorian TB) met.
If you don't have one of your own, please ask permission to use someone elses horse for your story. Alternatively, you can use our mascot!
Last edited by Kosciusko on Sun May 23, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Napacello Warmblood Herd | Deviantart | G I V E Y O U R S E L F A T R Y
Kosciusko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #1083

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Mark!!
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Southern sweetie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Username;; southern sweetie
    Show Name: The Legand Of Hidalgo
    Barn Name: Hidalgo
    Height: 17hh
    Halter: artists choice
    Discipline: Originally Cross Country- Now cattle cutting
    Competition: Daphne
    Being one of the leading cross country racers around the world. That meant Hidalgo had met just about every kind of horse and rider under the sun. Nothing stunned or even shocked the stallion anymore. Not staying in one spot for very long, he quickly learned to not create deep or emotional bonds to last. There was always a very low chance of Him ever visiting that spot again and even if he did, it was an even lower chance of remembering who even had even talked to. That was how he lived his life, simple and to himself. Until that is when he and his rider at the time had stopped at a stables in the mountains called Bawling Blue Ridge.

It was a little quaint stable tucked in between two towering mountains. Hidalgo quite liked just how friendly and accommodating the horses and staff had actually been. Being on a more self discovery kind of trek with his owner, it was nice to finally see a few friendly faces. Of course it was like a big star had entered a small town. Everyone wanted to see him and ask so many questions. And hear all about his harrowing adventures. He didn’t really mind it this time telling the stories as it was funny to see all the eyes twinkle in thought of his adventures.

However, in the midst of telling a story, he happened to notice a little grullo tobiano mare walk past past his paddock without thought. This puzzled the stallion as most of the time any mare that knew him was practically fainting to the floor in excitement. Except this time, the mare barely gave him the time of day. And that intrigued the stallion the more he thought about it. He quickly finished his story and excused himself from the crowd as they pondered and talked amongst themselves about his story.

He was quick to catch up to the mare as she carried about on her merry way into a thinly wooded area. “Uh, hey there!” Hidalgo spoke up as he met her shoulder to shoulder. The mare turned to meet his gaze and gave a soft hello back. The stallion was bewitched by her soft eyes, almost like stones of amethyst and sapphire twinkling in the light. You could have almost swore he was tongue tied. The mare gave a giggle and spoke again; “I’m Daphne, and you are?”

Hidalgo croaked as he finally spoke up “ I-I-I’m Hidalgo” he barely managed to get out. “Well it’s nice to meet you Mr. Hidalgo, but I must be on my way” Daphne spoke with a sweet smile. With that she was off again heading to wherever she had her mind set to. The stallion was so caught up within her musical voice and twinkling eyes he just about lost her behind some bushes before finally catching up to her.”N-now hold on, I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure to fully introduce myself. But I’m sure you’ve probably heard of me” he coily said.

The mare just simply stated back over her shoulder; “No I haven’t actually but thank you” that statement stopped the stallion in his tracks just briefly “Oh-.... uh well Like I said. My name is Hidalgo. I’m a famous cross country racer.” The stallion stumbled behind her. She bleakly just said “oh, how fascinating.” And continued along. Hidalgo tried to think of anything to catch the mares attention, and before he could he felt a bid thud on his chest. “Oof.... what the-“ he looked down to see his body trapped by a fence panel.

The stallion looked up with slight embarrassment to see he had ran into the fence. But was even more embarrassing was that the mare was on the other side of the fence, free to continue on her path. Thinking quickly on his feet, Hidalgo said aloud “I hope to see you again before I continue on my journey” this did in fact catch the mares attention. But only for a few seconds did she stop, turn to look at him. Gave a soft smile and giggle and turned back around to continue on her way. Poor Hidalgo wished that he had more time to stay at the stables to find out this mystery mare, but alas he was set to leave by morning time.

The stallion hoped to go on another journey within the mountains. To spot the twin mountains that so delicately protected that nestled stable. Hopefully to finally meet that mystery Daphne. With tho sapphire and amethyst eyes. If only ...
Last edited by Southern sweetie on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivingLethal » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:52 am

mark! this is gorgeous kos <3
LivingLethal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:45 am

Username;; RangerTheCowPony
Show Name: forever lost
Barn Name: willow
Height: 17hh
Halter: sky blue
Discipline: pasture horse
Competition:
You and I will walk together from Dusk to Dawn, til the lone doe weeps for her stolen fawn. The clock may strike midnight on our lives, but if I’m with you, I’ll still thrive. Fate may choose when I enter the ground, but I promise my friend, I’ll still be around.

Wip!
Last edited by faentofheart on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:50 am

username. doggface

registered name. adagio's the day the music died
    call name. vincent
    gender. stallion
    age. 7 yr.
    height. 16.3hh
    halter. artist's choice
    discipline. ranch versatility

prompt.
Last edited by mongrel on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:53 am

Username;; galaxyy.
    Show Name: MVE Tricks of the Trade
    Barn Name: Loki
    Height: 17.1hh
    Halter: leather with a pastel yellow and white striped cheekpiece
    Discipline: cross country
    Competition: wip, maybe mac?
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellenistic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Username;; baers
      Show Name: cliffdens' riddle me this
      Barn Name: weston " wes "
      Height: 15.2 hh
      Halter: redbull tropical edition yellow
      Discipline: working cow horse
      Competition:

best mate ; morgan

it was a day as any other, the sun shined its burnt orange glow through the waking, dew covered tree leaves, waking all the neighboring birds that made their home in the near forest. the day had already started on the ranch, long before the sun could yawn it's pink dusty glow into the horizon to chase the stars away from view. early fall took a toll on us all, with winter just around the bend. at least the temperatures hadn't dropped to nipping temperatures yet.

whistling carried through the barn as a wakeup call, where ever the catchy tune bellowed, loud hoof beats and snorts followed soon after. wes poked his head above the stall doors, sleepy eyes following the whistling human with curiosity. why was he so early today? the two year old snorted and pinned his ears, showing obvious frustration with the man who continued to stroll through the barn, whistling his ever so obnoxious tune. he turned to face the opposite wall, swishing his tail to flash his behind at the human in hopes they would realize how obnoxious they were truly being. wes dropped his head again and pulled his ears forward, drooping his eyes once again and tuning out this silly human. sleep was calling his name once again, and he didn't mind it at all.
      all this settling in made wes realize however; the whistling had halted. it was quiet again. wes twitched his ear in confusion when the silence had been broken yet again, but instead of whistling, it was hoofbeats that filled the stables now.

no horses had been left out over night, not even the mule, but there was an animal treading their way into the stables. into wes's stables. his head bobbed up, with ears pinned back. he turned around, his brown eyes immediately falling on the suspect in question. a big, almost completely white stallion trailed his way into his stables. no one was making a fuss, not jack, elias, or even bowie. no one made a sound. wes pinned his ears flat now, confused as to why no one was going to stop this mysterious stallion. letting out a loud whinnie, wes stomped at the stall door, flaking bits and pieces of wood into his soft hay. his eyes was focused on the culprit however; stoming even harder as the stallion grew nearer and nearer.

this mysterious stallion however paid no mind, as he was a much older and gentler soul. he passed swiftly by wes's stall, and was placed into his own. this stall however, was directly beside the terrible two year old.

the disrespect. the ranch hands had obviously seen wes's discomfort with this odd stallion, yet they decide to let this odd stallion live amongst them? wes would not have this. turning his rear towards the stallions stall, he kicked loud and hard, shaking the barred wall that separated them. this went on for minutes before wes turned and realized the stallion was paying absolutely no mind. wes perked his ears and stared at the stallion. curious. he stepped closed and rested his muzzle on the bars that separated them. snorting, wes wanted his attention. he wanted to make it known he wasn't welcome here, but how.

"be nice to morgan." one of the ranch hands chuckled, slapping a hand down on stall door. wes turned to the human and flickered his ears. morgan? that was his name. wes snorted and pinned his muzzle back on the bars. his ears pulled forward when he realized morgan was closer now, with ears pinned forward and his different colored eyes settled on wes. wes had never seen such odd eyes up close before. one icy blue eye, and one hazel brown eye, and they were looking directly at him. such soft colors had made wes forget why he was angry to begin with. now he sniffed at the stallion, familiar scents rolling towards him. had he met him before? or was the handlers scent trapped in morgan's coat. no, it was something more than that. sweet almost. wes's ears twitched in confusion as his eyes settled back on the handler. where had he met this stallion before. why couldn't he remember?

wes let out a grunt and paced his way closer to the handler who now stuck her hand out to pet the angsty two year old's cropped forelock. " he's from your old home," the ranch hand giggled and patted his neck. wes's eyes widened. his head was thrown back at the older stallion, now he knew. it was the scent of the ranch he had been from originally, the flowers that blossomed and filled the air with such sweet richness. it brought back memories from a place he could just barely remember. he had to have just left there for the scent to still be so strong. the florals didn't stain a coat with such sweetness, it had to be fresh. he pinned his nose against the bars and whinnied, ears perked at just the sight of this odd stallion. it felt like he was seeing a piece of home. something he never knew he needed in a way.

as the days carried on, that warm early fall turned to winter, and with each passing day the closer wes ended up being with morgan. what he thought was a threat, truly turned into someone he loved spending most his days with. a big piece of home, something the two could bond over, and make wes remember.
Last edited by hellenistic on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hellenistic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:39 am

Username;; ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Nine to Five
Barn Name: Cash
Height: 17.3hh
Halter: (#F7E7CE) with silver buckles
Discipline: Horse Rental (weddings, events etc.)
Competition:

I always thought that working nine to five would be my reckoning- long work hours meant less sleep and an overabundance of complete mental and physical exhaustion. Being on the road constantly meant that the sleep I could get was spotty- the bumps in the road as they rock the trailer a common and constant irritable force stealing my slumber. It became a running joke with my handler, as well as the customers who paid for the services- "Cash can barely keep his eyes open in any of the photos!" Wedding photos, birthday parties, the whole nine- there I am, trying to get in as many winks as I could. At least the people find it endearing; though for the longest time I wished that I would be able to enjoy my job without the call of the unconscious looming behind my eyelids. So, as we were on our way back across our state's borders, I vowed to myself that I would try to get as much rest as I could, so I could finally begin to appreciate the moments I had with those I meet.

To this day, I am so glad I carried through with it.

I can remember the evening clearly- the roads had been absolutely terrible. an incoming thunderstorm causing the roads to flood over. We had been on the road for three hours when it had rolled in, the gales and heavy rainfall taking everyone on the road at full force. In order to mediate the risks of hydroplaning, my handler had contacted a nearby stable, who graciously accepted us in with open arms when we arrived. The stalls we well-kept, and I could feel my eyes beginning to grow heavy as soon as I was led inside, and I had ended up sleeping through the entire afternoon. As night fell however, I was awoken by a far off bell coming from the farther pastures. Sleep threatened to take me once more, however, I willed myself awake, making quick work of the stall latches and heading out into the pastures, ignoring the confused stares of the resident horses as I made my way toward the jingling. Following a few woodland trails, I found myself looking out into a small clearing, the bushes and low branches decorated with wildflowers. A group of horses are gathered around a young couple, who seemed to have just tied the knot. Cheers erupted through the fields, the bells now much louder. As the group celebrated I watched on in awe, the laughter and smiles from everyone there causing my heart to slowly warm.

It was then that I had felt something brush against my left side, and I jumped, whipping my head around to see the groom standing next to me, softly smiling.

"Come celebrate with us, my friend." he said softly, eyes sparkling as he looks over to see his new bride giggling with her friends. I begin to grow flushed.

"I shouldn't, I am merely staying the night."

The groom barks out a laugh. "All the more reason to party while it lasts! Come, come!" He ushers me into the fray, the group finally noticing my presence and welcoming me in with no questions asked. Staying was the best decision I had ever made, the newly wedded couple the greatest of hosts.

To this day, my handler will take a rest stop at Sonata Stables, the familiar gravel road sparking a new sense of vitality from within me each time it appears in my left side view. That gravel means I get to see Leal again, his infectious laughter beginning to ring in my ears like the bells that called me to him in the first place.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kosciusko » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 am

So sorry guys, will try to get this done within the next two days.
Napacello Warmblood Herd | Deviantart | G I V E Y O U R S E L F A T R Y
Kosciusko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me