Artist riddlestyx [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
102 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

kalon #1857 (results pg 5)

Postby riddlestyx » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:59 am

my first kal back as an artist! i am excited to be making designs again ๐Ÿ™Œ

i don't typically work with blue so i tried to keep the design pretty straight-forward, the vibes were just.......fluffy winter rabbit

the comp will be fairly simple as well! please tell me about their favourite memory from the holiday seasons. you have a limit of 500 words, or you can answer the prompt through a piece of artwork if you'd prefer! (no comics or animations will be allowed)
please include your word limit on your form if you choose to write for the prompt!!
prettying up is allowed ๐Ÿค

Code: Select all
username:
kalon name:
prompt:

edits
[nr] sclera colour
[s] hair edit, custom shine
[c] longer fur, custom tail
[uc] custom ears

ends in two weeks, dec 23rd at 23:59PM CST!
Last edited by riddlestyx on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Image Image Image
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

โ˜† | no longer active here | โ˜†
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
xImage
riddlestyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #1857

Postby kolyakun » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am

Mark

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ˜…โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”‘

Kolya โ˜… She/They โ˜… INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

โ”•โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ˜…โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”™
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dear Polaris,

Postby altiora » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:04 am

username: altiora - kalon name: vast
[word count = 500]

Deep in the dark, even dim lights can blaze bright and divine, can light up a room like the northern star through the yellow fog in the city sky. Vast, explicitly familiar with this artificial variation of the sky due to his urban childhood, had an unheralded fear of the atmosphere absent of the warm orange glow of light pollution; his distress grew from the moment he arrived at what would be his new rural home as the sky grew steadily darker, and a new truth revealed itself.

He could no longer identify the northern star.

Dearest Polaris, bright as she may well be, could not assert herself against the sudden emergence of hundreds, thousands, billions of pinpricks of light. It was with bitter irony he noted that at this time of overwhelming solitude, the star that had been his refuge during the entirety of his life, had suddenly become accompanied by millions of others just like herself. They crowded and outshone her, while he was stuck on the cold hard ground, isolated by towering trees with bare, bony, hand-like branches and agoraphobia-inducing open fields threaded with frost and apathetic scarecrows.

He walked in the darkness, unable to sleep, unable to be trapped by those unknown walls, hoping to find solace. Where? How? He didn't know. But he kept walking. Kept hoping.

As he avoided looking to the non-darkness above, he missed the slow dance of snowflakes from growing mist of clouds. They made merry, the intricate elaboration of frozen patterns, pouncing around in the way of a frolic - it was a testament to the heights of Vast's thoughts that it wasn't until the snow started to brush and coat his fur did he finally look up in cautious puzzlement. The heavens had become patchwork art of charcoal clouds and broken obsidian night, lit by speckled starlight and the obtrusive glare of Luna. He found himself struck, and he could not account for how long he watched this visage develop before him.

The clouds swirled and sighed in an unfathomable waltz, the backdrop occasionally exposing the expansive celestial audience, distant yet aware.

Light is fast, but the lengths at which it can travel is nothing to the vast distances of space and infinity. Some stars you can observe are merely ghosts, now deceased, but you honour them just by acknowledging the light they had gifted to the universe many eons ago. It was a great many facts and trivia like this that now occupied the Kalon, fixated on the great above. Snow built around him and on him as his previous derelict thoughts dissolved into nothingness.

His favourite memory of the festive season wasn't festive itself - he wasn't joyful nor excited, wasn't jubilent or merry. But it was at this moment where he was enraptured in the wonder of existing. He found peace in the true magnitude of things; not insignificance in his relative diminutiveness; instead, a strength was discovered in the solid certainty of his own existence.
Last edited by altiora on Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altiora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vanrouge » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:05 am

username: LuciferFalling
kalon name: Ezra
prompt: Early one morning, or late one night, hours before the dawn light, Ezra tossed and turned in his bed, eyes closed, yet not asleep. Why was it so difficult to sleep? Lately, his thoughts had been getting the better of him, keeping him awake and stealing hours away that should have been reserved for dreaming.

There was nothing else for it, a walk should ease his mind and tire his body.

So he slid from his bed, kicked the covers from his body, and pulled himself up and out of its warmth. The cold cut through him like a knife, teeth chattering as he pulled out various pieces of soft, warm clothing, tugging each on as he prepared himself for the dark, icy night outside his front door.

Each step towards the outside was a slightly more tentative, hesitant one, until only a single oak panel stood between him and the harshness of nature.

Ezra took the last step in a leap.

A leap into the great unknown, his paws landing in... Something. What was that? Why did it crunch beneath his feet, disappearing into the ground under him? It was soft, white, like wool blanketing every inch of the outdoors, glimmering like a million tiny diamonds beneath the moon, in the beautiful starlight. A childlike wonder and awe filled him as he took steps further in the odd substance. Had he discovered something new? He had never seen such a thing before.

Small flakes of pure silver sprinkled down upon him more and more, coating his entire fur coat in speckles of it. It was freezing where it touched his skin, however he couldn't bring himself to mind. The lights that sparkled from the trees, from high up in the sky, lit his way perfectly. It didn't matter that he hadn't a clue where he was going, all prior worries of his sleepless night completely forgotten, replaced by a curiosity and an intrigue. Excitement, joy unlike anything that he had experienced since he had been a kit. Never, not even if he had been told, would Ezra have believed that a world like this lay just outside the comfort of his own home.

The magic of the festive season had finally returned, in the form of something that he would never forget; the first snowfall. Every year that followed, he remembered that walk, his chance encounter with the astounding phenomenon. And each year after, he has hoped and dreamed of seeing it again one day.

Never, after that night, had he ever contented himself by laying in bed, keeping to his comforts and avoiding everything outside of that. For who knew what adventures and wonders laid even just a few feet away?

Life was for living, for exploring, for finding things that sparked wonder and awe. For finding the magic in the mundane and loving each second of it.

(480/500)
Last edited by Vanrouge on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผฆ๏ผด ๏ผณ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฅ๏ผŒ ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผง๏ผจ๏ผด ๏ผณ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฅโ”โ”โ”โ”
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๆญฏใ‚’็ชใๅ‡บใ—ใฆ ใƒ‘ใƒƒใƒ‘ใƒƒใƒ‘ใƒƒ
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” [ ๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผจ๏ผก๏ผŒ๏ผน๏ผฏ๏ผต ๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผฅ ๏ผซ๏ผฉ๏ผฎ๏ผง ] โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
โ” .................................................. โ”“
I love my gay sons
Make out with the dragon
โ— โ— โ–ฌ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ™š โ–ฌ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ— โ—
I found him in the woods, he's mine now.
KING My Kalons Link

โ”— .................................................. โ”›
Vanrouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:05 am

username:
kalon name:
prompt:

wippy!

xx
โ˜ฎ lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21 โ˜ฎ
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WiltedLovers » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:05 am

Mark
โ•‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
~She- Her - Adult !!
~ Self-taught artist <3
~ Full time CNA
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ””
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Imageโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ”
โ”‚

โ€โ€โ€Žโ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Žโ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Žโ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ–‘โ–‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–€โ–€
Kals - link 2
link 3 - link 4
link 5 - link 6
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
WiltedLovers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soma fish » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am

username: - Snapdragon -
kalon name: Dusk
prompt: WIP!
โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿฉนโšก๏ธ๐Ÿ–‹๏ธ
soma | ic | vtuber nerd
soma fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

we fell headfirst -- together

Postby Kyar » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:08 am

โ€ขโ†โ€ข

username: kyar

kalon name: ajaho

prompt:

He was certain, by now--as the sun dipped below the frosted treeline, bold blue shadows draping the snow-covered earth in such vibrant hues--that in the distant village, the Solstice Festival had already begun. The year's shortest day brought with it a cascade of lanternlight, streets filled with puffs of hot breath mingling with icy air, warm music, laughter, dancing, joy. With some great effort, he'd convinced his mother to go, to enjoy herself, though the look he was given on the way out the door was the same he'd never been able to shake. Though it had been years since she'd spoken of it, he knew she didn't forgive her.

His eyes followed the waves of drifted snow, the same ridge that formed an icy crest along the forest's edge each year. From the porch, he first removed shoes, socks, then unraveled his tattered jacket, dropping it to the frosted ground before he took off, full force, bare feet racing for the snowbank. And as he got close, his eyes closed, lips parted in a joyous smile, and he leapt, twisting in the air, ready to make the plunge.

"Dad! Dad stop!" His limbs swiveled frantically, trying to escape his father's iron-tight grip. "Dad! Dad!" he laughed, screaming and squealing in time with his older brother, each boy secured under each of their father's arms.

"Oh no no, I've got you two," the deep, bellowing voice echoed out over the trees. "One! Two! Three!"

The screams of their young voices sent a flurry of crows from their winter perches, but soon cut out as their tiny bodies disappeared into the snow.

"Dad!" His head popped up from the snowbank, and he scrambled to pull himself free. Bare feet immediately began to sting, and he felt his teeth chattering as his father returned, pulling each boy up by the collar. Warm in his arms, their laughter rushed along inside as they disappeared to the cold world, trading the chills for the warmth of the fire, and the warmth of family.

It was the year he didn't come back. Anxiously awaited letters, no word from his battalion. He'd missed the holiday, the celebration to which he'd always come. They were so afraid that when a letter did arrive, even good news couldn't settle their troubled hearts. An injury held him back in the infirmary. He was fine.

That year it had sunk in. The fear. The loss of his family, his warmth. And now, with his brother and father both serving the king's army, Ajaho had no regrets.

In the airborne moment, he was a child again. Bare feet. Laughter. The collision with a burst of frigid snow. He lay in the snowdrift a moment, looking up at the stars, watching clouds of breath rise. A deal. A trade. A pact. His soul bound, in exchange for his family's safety. His mother never approved, but he had no regrets. Shivering in the nest of snow, he knew they would always come back.

โ€ขโ†โ€ข

500/500
Last edited by Kyar on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:09 am

big ol markkk

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“