Ferox Welsh Pony #569 by Arkinhallow

Based on Click to view
Artist Arkinhallow [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ferox Welsh Pony #569

Postby Arkinhallow » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Ferox Welsh Ponies (pron. feh-roks) are a hardy pony that originated in Wales. They have fine heads with slightly dished noses, short, muscular legs and stocky bodies. While small - averaging 12 hands - feroxes make good riding horses and are sure-footed owing to the mountains of their origin country. Ferox Welsh Ponies, their name meaning fierce, are known for their big personalities, including a streak of bravery that seems to run through the entire breed. Feroxes are strong but easily handled, making them ideal for all riders. They are frequently seen in bay, black, chestnut and grey, but many other colours have been recorded to appear in the breed, including appaloosa, paint markings and dilutions like champagne.

Owner: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Quest of Legend
    Barn Name: Legacia
    Phenotype: Silver dunskin minimal tobiano
    Genotype: EE/AA+/Dd/ZZ/Crcr/TOto
    Eye Colour: Daybreak
    Height: 12.3 hh
    Discipline: Liberty
    Halter Colour: Eggshell
    Breeding Notes:
    - carrying wild bay
    - will always produce bay-based offspring
    - will always pass silver

Draw or write about her favourite dog or cat at your stable. 300 word limit, any size/level of art with a short caption/explanation is fine ^^

End date: 11th October
Last edited by Arkinhallow on Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ferox Welsh Pony #569

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:09 am

Competition: Legacia, Legacia, run rampant with that dog...
    Legacia is a spitfire, there’s no way about it. She’s a good girl, but loves nothing better than to just streak across the paddocks at breakneck speed, and she shares this joy of running with a large coonhound that lives on the property. Della is a loud girl, baying at everything that disturbs her patrols of the property just as a coonhound should, but she’s found her racing soulmate in Legacia. The two girls often prance around when Legacia is turned out, and they stick close to one another before darting to the opposite side of the paddock Legacia occupies. It’s a funny sight, seeing Della streak off after the mare as quick as she can, or watching Legacia reach down to playfully nip at Della as she overtakes the dog. And beware anyone in the paddock with them! Their games are often the sole focus of their thoughts, so they’re very likely to bowl anyone right over if in the middle of one of their races! Unfortunate for anyone trying to get out of the way, but luckily a quick shake of a feed tub snaps them both to attention right quick.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:42 am

Owner: Lex.
Show Name: Of Mice and Mares
Barn Name: Matilda
Height: 12hh
Discipline: Western Trail
Halter Colour: Eye color with slightly darker eye color stripes w/ green hardware
Competition:
On the barn, there lives a cat. This Toms name is Mouse. He is a ginger tabby, and loves to hunt mice. Matilda and Mouse go way back.
It was a sunny day, winter was just ending. There was still some snow on the ground, but most of it melted. Matilda woke up to the sounds of birds. They were loud this morning. She yawned and walked over to her trough. The birds were screeching. Weird. She looked around the corner to see a cat chasing around a mouse. Apparently the cat has ran through the hen house and the hens were running wild. The cat ran over to where Matilda was and Matilda went on her 2 back legs and loudly whinnied. The cat stopped in it's tracts and the mouse ran away.
The cat tried to act innocent, but matilda wasn't having it. From then on, she kept an eye out for said cat, every day to be sure that cat wasn't up to something.
One day, she caught said cat, sneezing next to an azalea bush. Poor cat was a shriveled pile of fur, down for the count. Matilda picked her up, and moved her away from the azaleas. The cat, then got up. Surprised at first, but then realized what happened. Seeming reluctantly grateful, she walked off. From then, the cat purposefully started to visit Matilda, realizing Matilda was really quite nice, and have been friends since.
Last edited by Lex. on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Owner: olivonary
    Show Name: TCHKE Honey and Lemon
    Barn Name: Honey
    Height: 13hh
    Discipline: Lesson Pony
    Halter Colour: Black Leather with eye colour details
    Competition: Honey's favourite dog that resides on Tchotchke Estate is Nami the Collie. Both are very calm and like to keep to themselves for the most part, but the Baltic Huskies and the other Collie on the estate are much more active and loud than Nami is. Honey finds the other dogs annoying for how loud and rambunctious they are, especially together but she and Nami have a unique bond. The pair can often be seen sniffing each other through the paddock fences and Nami will wander the stables to sit outside Honey's stall when waiting for her handler. The pair can occasionally be seen chasing one another up and down the paddock fence, Nami barking and whining as she play bows at her friend while Honey whinnies and neighs as she frolics on the other side of the fence. On rare occasions Nami will join Honey and Sepia on trails rides around the countryside that surrounds the estate and will follow along side the pony as they wander the trails. Nami can occasionally be spotted trying to catch Honey's tail while she is being brushed and will attempt to catch the hose spray when Honey is being bathed.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:25 pm

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Competition: Legacia, Legacia, run rampant with that dog...
    Legacia is a spitfire, there’s no way about it. She’s a good girl, but loves nothing better than to just streak across the paddocks at breakneck speed, and she shares this joy of running with a large coonhound that lives on the property. Della is a loud girl, baying at everything that disturbs her patrols of the property just as a coonhound should, but she’s found her racing soulmate in Legacia. The two girls often prance around when Legacia is turned out, and they stick close to one another before darting to the opposite side of the paddock Legacia occupies. It’s a funny sight, seeing Della streak off after the mare as quick as she can, or watching Legacia reach down to playfully nip at Della as she overtakes the dog. And beware anyone in the paddock with them! Their games are often the sole focus of their thoughts, so they’re very likely to bowl anyone right over if in the middle of one of their races! Unfortunate for anyone trying to get out of the way, but luckily a quick shake of a feed tub snaps them both to attention right quick.

The image of these two absolutely tearing up the paddock was delightful. Congrats Hooves <3
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Ah thank you, Arkin!

Lex. and oliv, would you guys like a slot to the girly?
    ive already got too many to know what to do with lol
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me