Notes:
    • Dominant for Extension.
    • Dominant for Cream.
    • Dominant for Dun.
    • Dominant for Silver.
    • Somatic Mutation passes at 25%.

#50 is here!
    Thanks so much to everyone who's joined the community. ♥
    There's a bit of a story with this mare, and I'd like to expand upon the after for her!
    She's a hard worker, and she has quite a few ribbons from Cross-Country competitions thanks to her height.
    But, unfortunately, she gained a bit of a unlucky reputation as she got older.
    Soon enough, she was sold off numerous times due to injury caused to riders or trainers during training sessions,
    and one superstitious owner said that the black mark beneath her tobiano was an unlucky streak!
    Oddly enough, it wasn't present when she was a foal, but grew as she did!

Now, she was recently put up for sale by an older trainer who sought to fight against her unlucky reputation.
    He proved over the course of two years that she's just another horse, and a good competitor at that!
    She now has a couple of ribbons from shorter endurance treks, as well as a certified trail horse.

To win, you need to tell of how she'll be cared for at your stable!
    The trainer gave a detailed list of her likes and dislikes, and her usual routine.
    Are you going to stick with this, or make a new one?
    She is a bit older now, and a little more stubborn with learning new things, but the trainer promises she's a good girl.

You may add any number of extras you want.
    There is no limit for this gal. ♥
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotters #050

Postby DigitalLinx » Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 am

Username: DVTProject
Show Name: Morning's Glory
Barn Name: Maria
Halter: Matching the flowers
[b]Prompt: WIP!
"Good Memory? What's That?"
TheDigitalLinx/DVTProject
No Longer Active!

If you need to contact me, please reach me on either Discord or dA!
Disc: DigitalLinx#6169
dA: DVTProject
Image[/center]
DigitalLinx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Owlmania » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 am

Username: Owlmania
Show Name: E&E Earthbound Angel
Barn Name: Onatah
Halter: Something like this?
Prompt: wip
Owlmania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froot_Loop_Waffle » Mon May 25, 2020 5:49 am

Username: Galloper Ranch
Show Name: Deputy Eventer
Barn Name: Delilah
Halter: Eye color
[b]Prompt: Although Delilah grew an 'unlucky' black streak, people didn't think she was lucky, and she had started to be known for her injury causes, there's that little glimmer of hope for her new career, being a broodmare! She might be a little bit old for eventing, but when she's not pregnant or taking care of a foal, she's used for trail rides for experienced riders. Delilah's new routine is different from some horses, she gradually gets trained while she's being groomed, washed, being lead into the pasture, and even being fed. Any time she's about to do something naughty or something she's not allowed to do, she'll be taught not to do it. Delilah also has different times to go out to the pasture and everything else that horses do. Like when the other horses get washed at dusk, she'll be washed right before bed. Delilah's got potential, but people just don't see it.
x
x
was previously Galloper Ranch & ♥ Blossom ♥ 🌿 she/her |
toyhou.se/GalloperRanch | nothing here atm! | ©
Froot_Loop_Waffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:42 am

Username: whisky
Show Name: CRF's Sunkissed Petals
Barn Name: SunKist (Named after a semi-local beach (': I thought it would be a cute play on words w/the show name ahh)
Halter: xxx <---- Use this one as insperation from the color of the flowers <3
Prompt:
We never expected for -name here- to be retiring as soon as we currently plan, but this good mare has an excellent home here in.

I’m Travis Sykes and I’m here to tell you I adopted the luckiest horse in the world! SunKist had Hind Gut Stasis, which can be pretty tricky to diagnose if you’re not sure what’s wrong.

When I brought this miracle home, she was dehydrated and had a very poor appetite for her age. She appeared very healthy nonetheless and did fun during riding, but we began to get worried when she suddenly plunged down hill and became more irritable and became a mare I hadn’t ever seen before ! Here, I scribbled some notes down. I ran blood tests, ultrasounds and all, the whole 9 yards.

-hands you a piece of paper-

Colic, Poor hair coat, Reduce immune function, Poor hoof quality, Change in attitude, prefer to eat hay rather than grain may consume grain slowly and not clean up grain meal, constantly shift weight between hind legs when standing in stall, seems generally irritable and not wanting to be handled or groomed appeared to not be interested in putting forth a willing effort in training or racing, Borderline or mild anemia, low WBC, low blood protein, low albumin, borderline low or slightly low calcium.

We’ve already started her on treatment and she’s recovering nicely ! I plan to keep her as a trail horse, I’ve never been into competitions much. Although she may have been an excellent competitor, I’m content with having her right here with me roaming the pastures with my god daughter. Raleigh likes to put flowers in her hair, she’s so calm and sweet. She’s honestly the best mate we could ask for here at CRF!
Last edited by whisky on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:59 pm

reminder;
    this ends in eight days! ♥
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:17 am

Username: klovesugar2

Show Name: Rosemary Raiment
Barn Name: Rai
Halter: Artist's Choice
Prompt:
    She'd known it had been coming, for a long while now. The mare had been old, had been tired, had been ready to go- but that didn't make goodbye any easier. The elderly dun had taught many lessons in her years, had been a shoulder to lean on, to cry on, just as often. Keoka had grown up on the once unruly tobiano's back, spent so much of her youth having her rear handed to her- learning to fly before kissing the dirt. Never once had the other been what anyone would call a push button pony, in all her years, too much attitude for that... But Keoka had loved the mare, even as she'd outgrown her, and could no more ask the mare to carry her. Even as Sage grew older, wearied, and could no more bear the burden of young riders upon her back. The mare had been a friend, from beginning to end. There for her, even after her father passed.

Keoka could never regret her decisions, not when it came to that old dun.
    Yet, time had eventually soothed the ache, and a part of the brunette was reluctantly excited by the thought of being able to really ride again. Another horse, while they would never replace her beloved friend... they could carry her. She could really ride again. Not just scattered moments helping a friend exercise their gelding, but... A new partner, a new friend, to bond with, to grow to learn, to travel the trails and go camping with. It would be undeniably lovely, to be able to do such once more... If only she could find the right one. Maybe she was being too picky, maybe she hadn't healed as much as she thought, if she was finding reasons not to buy every horse she went to see. Too old- she didn't need to get attached just in time to lose them. Too young- she wasn't as young as she used to be, and would rather a more reliable, seasoned mount. Too green- age didn't always equal training, after all. Too hot- a horse who bolted at every gust of wind wouldn't do well on the trails. Too dull- she didn't want to be exhausted and sore by the time the horse finally listened to her. Too this, too that- so much of which could be improved with time and training, both of which would be little issue to provide, just... Excuses, in the end. Really, that's all they were.

Keoka nearly sighed, and briefly considered canceling the day's appointment. Yet, she was almost there, and the drive had been a long one. It would be a disheartening shame to give up now, and... who knew? Perhaps this mare would be the one. The seller had admitted that the trotter was a bit older than what Keoka was really looking for, but extolled upon the mare's virtues otherwise. A good temperament, solid on the trails, and... Were it not for the dark streak on her hide, the mare sounded a dead ringer for a foal Sage once had. They hadn't realized the mare was expecting when her father bought the long-gone dun, and while Keoka had begged and pleaded with her parents on the matter... They couldn't really afford the extra mouth to feed, and her parents would rather trust their children to a trained horse whose temper was already well known. Once the filly had been weaned... she was gone. Keoka had been heartsick for months afterwards, having grown to love that little foal, utterly convinced her parents would change their mind, keep both horses, at that age. That was not how it happened, however. The yearling was gone one afternoon once she returned from school, and that was that.

A part of her couldn't help but wonder whatever happened to the leggy little creature, all amber eyes and wildfire, who loved it whenever Keoka and her siblings would sneak her bananas. They'd tried sugar cubes, apples, carrots, the typical treats, yet each one had seen the picky weanling turning her nose up at them. At least, until Keoka had gone out to eat her lunch in the pasture one day, and the young terror had stolen her sandwich right out of her hands. Toasted peanut butter and banana, Keoka recalled fondly. She'd been so outraged at the time, then thrilled upon realizing what the pretty mare would eat. She and her siblings had spoiled that tovero miss absolutely rotten, by the time their parents sold her. Maybe this mare wasn't the same horse, but the coincidences in age and color and even impressive height... The trotter had caught her eye from the moment she saw the advert, had been added to the list of maybes almost instantly. Wistful sentimentality, perhaps, but... Regardless, here she was on the way to finally see the mare in person. See if she really would be a good fit; as good a trail horse as her present owner claimed, a mare who could and would become a cherished friend, if given the chance. Just like Sage before, Keoka would stand by whichever horse she bought until those twilight years took them, and that... That wasn't a choice to be made lightly.
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:33 am

Woo, this month seemed to take forever for me, lol.
    Congratulations to klovesugar2, Rai is yours!
    I loved your story, and I had hopes it would continue, lol.
    Made my heart hurt a little, but the hope that maybe Rai was Keoka's long ago filly! ♥♥
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:16 am

Oh wow! Thank you so much~! My brain has been a complete derp on writing lately, but yeah- the idea was that it's a story coming full circle, and Rai shall be coming home again at long last. With the pair having a sweet little moment of mirrored time later on, Keoka nomming on a sandwich, only for Rai to snitch it just like she did so long ago~<3
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me