#0077 | Coldwater Creek Walkers by iStarz & Everly

Based on Click to view
Artist iStarz & Everly [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

#0077 | Coldwater Creek Walkers

Postby iStarz & Everly » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:29 am

In the late 1980's, a group of well established Tennessee Walker breeders took a stand against the 'big lick way' of showing. They decided to break away from their upper class horse society and create a new breed that would have the high natural gate to rival the big lick, without the harsh training techniques. They first culled their herds, only using the greatest dams and sires to create the foundation for their new breed. They began by cross breeding to the Andalusian and Lipizzan for their large size, grace, and fluid movement, before breeding into quarter horses for their determination and western performance. Appaloosas and Paints were also added for coloration and to boost all-around dicipline skills. The resulting horses were bred to Saddlebreds, Fox Trotters, and then in to Tennessee Walkers again to keep the gaitedness and to increase the breed's height.
The breed was begining to be accepted by the public until people realized the horses didn't have as much of an athletic ability as the creators first promised. People began crossing the new Walkers with Thoroughbreds and Arabians to make up for this set back. After a few years, it was decided that the addition of the Thoroughbred and Arabian gave a positive outcome and bettered the breed, giving them a more athletic apperance and better endurance than before. At the end of developing the breed, the Tennessee Walker was added on yet again to remind us all where the breed first started.

Username:

Show Name:
Barn Name:

Height: 0.00 hands

Sire: Foundation
Dam: Foundation

Eye Color: midnight
Phenotype: blue roan snowcap
Genetic: Ee/aa/nRN/LpLp/nPATN2
Breeding Notes:
Will always produce appaloosa goals
Floof Coat passes with 40%; Second Gen foals and beyond pass floof with a 20% chance.

To Adopt this Horse: tell me what she likes about the snow
End Date: December 10th
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b] (between 15.2 & 17.2hh)

[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Metal Color:[/b] Silver - Gold - Copper - Brass - Black Titanium - White Titanium

[b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by iStarz & Everly on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #0077 | Coldwater Creek Walkers

Postby acronymm » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 am

Username: Acronymm

Show Name: BA Polar Princess
Barn Name: Eve

Height: 16.2hh

Halter Color: Eye color
Metal Color: Brass

Prompt: Eve is a big fan of snow and winter in general! It makes everybody energetic, not to mention a little grumpy because of the frigid temperatures. Not for Eve though! With the long, furry coat she grows when it gets into those cold months, helps Eve. She loves her so called teddy bear coat, and her favorite thing about snow is rolling in it! She is always delighted when it snows, her friends watch her throw up her heels and gallop off, bucking and reading as she goes. Finally, she'll settle down onto her back for a nice, leisurely roll. The crisp coldness of the snow relaxes her, and she often stays, as if frozen upside down. What a wonderful time winter is! Although others tend to disagree.. Ha! That's just because they don't have thick coats!
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:53 pm

helpful bump ❤️

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iStarz & Everly » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Acronymm wrote:
Username: Acronymm

Show Name: BA Polar Princess
Barn Name: Eve

Height: 16.2hh

Halter Color: Eye color
Metal Color: Brass

Prompt: Eve is a big fan of snow and winter in general! It makes everybody energetic, not to mention a little grumpy because of the frigid temperatures. Not for Eve though! With the long, furry coat she grows when it gets into those cold months, helps Eve. She loves her so called teddy bear coat, and her favorite thing about snow is rolling in it! She is always delighted when it snows, her friends watch her throw up her heels and gallop off, bucking and reading as she goes. Finally, she'll settle down onto her back for a nice, leisurely roll. The crisp coldness of the snow relaxes her, and she often stays, as if frozen upside down. What a wonderful time winter is! Although others tend to disagree.. Ha! That's just because they don't have thick coats!

Congrats
iStarz & Everly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:57 am

Thank you so much!

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things