Furtopian #426 ft. four calling birds (winner) by rnirai

Based on Click to view
Artist rnirai [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
55 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Furtopian #426 ft. four calling birds (winner)

Postby rnirai » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:27 am

there has been so many birds adopts (and i cannot draw bird pls too much pain and suffering) so i did something different! a maned wolf. i love them. legs for days. this one's really into modeling! good at striking poses (see: naomi smalls)

to win them tell me how they made friends with the four calling birds! max 300 words
prettying up & extras are allowed. extra max. another 300 words and/or one art piece

end date: dec 31

Code: Select all
username:
name:

(yes, i copy-pasted the birds but i just told yall i cannot draw birds)
Last edited by rnirai on Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rnirai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mcdonald's fries are really good don't lie

Postby bite sized kuiper » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:45 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

x

━━━━━━
sc's: 1 & 2
━━━━━━
xxxx
user: nekoma's lion

name: akechi

writing: down below ↓↓

art extra: over there ⇉
xx

xakechi never has time.

xhe wakes up at the crack of dawn to beat the traffic, and comes home when the sun is sinking—there is no time for him to make breakfast or dinner at home.
    xxxso what he does is drop by the nearest mcdonald’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. it’s all he’s got. and by chance, there’s always a few birds nearby. he doesn’t know what they are, he thinks maybe crows or something. he just calls them a damn nuisance.

xakechi prays to god none of those birds heard him.

xevery morning and every evening when he’s walking through the parking lot, he swears to god he feels the birds looking at him, as if he’s their perfect target.

xtarget? target to attack, yea.

xthat’s right, akechi’s terrified of the damned birds finally deciding to descend upon him and peck, claw, and bite him to death.

xdeath by birds. how tragic.

xso he started to leave him peace offerings. a few french fries here and there. sometimes he’s feeling generous so he leaves them a chicken nugget. he runs out of the store like a madman, and chucks some fries out at the birds. when he’s feeling bolder, he would actually sit on the benches with them. but he’s extended the olive branch here and hey, they seem to like him.

xthank god, he thinks as he walks past the birds attacking another customer.

xok, so maybe he thinks the birds are his friends alright, sometimes they come and sit on the same bench as he is, and he gets to snap a bunch of photos with them—who knew they were so photogenic.

xit’s weird but, thank god anyways. he loves his new murder, alright. he’s just losing a few fries and nuggets, but it’s worth it.

xxxx[ 300 words ]
    x“oh what, want another fry? didn’t i just give you one already…” akechi surrenders another golden blessing and watches it as it is immediately horked down the bird’s gullet. farewell his large box of fries.

x“huh. so i’ve been feeding you guys for all this time but i still haven’t even given you names yet. ” he only gets another demanding squawk! in return and he throws a fry directly at the bird’s face.

x“just for that i’m calling you tubbs.” the bird in question is bulky and puffier than most other birds. he’s the big guy, and akechi isn’t wasting his chance at lowkey calling the bird fat for eating all his food.

xwhat has his life come to. it’s 7:49 pm and here he is, naming birds outside of a mcdonald’s. at least his outfit is still intact and he’s looking cute and not all beat up by birds.

x“uh. so neko atsume names yea?” he looks at the nearest bird and it blinks curiously.

x“you’re now uh, whiteshadow! you’re super jumpy, and somehow still manage to steal most of my fries when i’m not looking.” whiteshadow stares back at him with a blank look.

xhe moves onto the next bird—”you can be senor. short for senor don gato. you and whiteshadow, i swear to god you’re just distracting me as he eats all my food.”

xakechi squints at the last bird, contemplating.

x“and lastly, your name’s lexy! lexy’s got expensive tastes in game, and you usually demand my nuggets instead of fries.” this earns him a satisfied squawk from the birds.

x“god, this is so sad. comfort me tubbs.” in which he only gets a soft peck at his head. it’s as good as it’ll get, comin’ from these guys, he guesses.

xxxx[ 296 words ]

Last edited by bite sized kuiper on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bite sized kuiper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Furtopian #426 ft. four calling birds

Postby ...Huh? » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:57 am

So cute :''3
...Huh?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:32 am

username: yuroshi
name:
writing:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh mark

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CarbonatedWeasel, » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:43 am

username: CarbonatedWeasel
name: Sylvia Langdon
writing: Wip!
CarbonatedWeasel,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:24 pm

username:
Spiritstar3
name:
Blanche
writing:
Blanche went out one day and saw one of the dark feathered birds, immediately becoming interested as they like birds so much. Jet black and really dark birds seem to be the ones to draw them in the most. They silently creeped after the bird as it took off, though it hadn’t noticed them and so it wasn’t flying very fast. Blanche followed it right to where the other three were, though was immediately noticed. They took a seat to look less threatening, or not threatening at all, though just being there was probably seen as a threat by the birds.

They had a sandwich and an extra slice of bread, just in case, so they began breaking off pieces. They tossed the pieces away from them-self, so the birds would come down, then began singing. Now, they were a model, but they didn’t like singing in front of others. However, they have a lovely voice, and it worked its magic on the four calling birds. The birds called back and forth, hopped up on Blanche’s legs and shoulders, and continued their ‘conversation’. That’s how Blanche befriended them.

(188 words)

Extras
Blanche is friends with Jamille. They like to have lunch and talk, when he’s passing through.
Kaori seems to want to be friends, but because Denver’s with her, and acts wary or whatnot, there’s been no success.
Naoya seems to want to be friends, but hasn’t actually asked yet.
Blanche recently befriended Ami the red kitty.

Their favorite song is the original Pkmon theme song, for obvious reasons. They like all the songs, but that one’s their favorite.

They didn’t think the birds had names, but when they say certain names the birds become alert and interested. The names are: Sei and Sai, Baia and Brie, Leila and Delia, and Luko and Valor. Blanche wonders if someone took care of them and was forgetful, or if there were two people calling them all by different names.

Being a model, Blanche likes trying on clothes and showing off. However, they don’t like singing or dancing (really) in front of others.

Their favorite food is meat, though they’ll eat cabbage, lettuce, and cooked carrots. They also like cheese a lot.

(178 words)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:28 pm

username: SilhouetteStation
name: Nani
writing:
In the flashy and high class world of modelling, she's known as Anais Mercules; but to her friends, she's just Nani.

One of her favorite kinds of photoshoots are night shots; in dusky forests with stretching shadows, when the lighting reflects off the eyes of curious wildlife, and there's a kind of magic in the air.

It was after one of these, as she drove herself home, that the first bird came into her life.

She had just pulled up in the driveway when something thudded against her window. She let out a squeak and, after seeing there was no one there, opened the door. On the ground, a bird. Quite large, but undoubtledly stunned, as its legs twitched and it let out a feeble cry.

Hurriedly she scooped them up, and took them inside. She had no experience with birds, but she did her best. Made a nest out of a blanket, heated up a wheat bag; fresh supply of water, even some meat from the fridge. At first, the bird seemed too stunned to do anything, and just stared at her from it's nest on the table.

She stayed up all night with the bird.
They studied each other.
They looked into each other's eyes.
And by morning, she felt they had a connection.

It was an odd feeling, but one she couldn't shake. There was something knowing about this bird; something she couldn't explain.

It was the way it watched her while she moved around the kitchen, or seemed to listen when she talked; or when it grew in strength, began to perch on her shoulder.

She felt a companinship forming between the two of them, and thought things certainly couldn't get any stranger.

That was before she met their friends.

(294/300)

extra:
They came one morning, scratching and scrabbling at her door, her windows, making her almost drop a coffee mug, and sending her bird into a frenzy. She watched in shock as they flew to the window, albeit a little lopsidedly, and used it's claws to pry the handle up.

The window opened.
The birds came in.

In a flurry of feathers and hectic caws they tumbled around together on the floor, and she realized that they sounded excited. Her bird seemed delighted at these guests, and as they hopped about and chirped, it gave the impression of old friends getting together for a catch up.

She moved slightly, and suddenly all eyes were on her. Her bird fluttered up to the table, and almost seemed to gesture to her in a proud manner. The other three flew over, and landed on her arms. They poked and prodded, and after a thorough investigation, seemed to give their approval.

From then on, the birds stayed.

They had free roam of the house, and came and went as they pleased. After all, they were wild birds. But to this day, she still feels the connection with them, strong as ever; and it was a bond she felt honored to have.

(207/300)
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.•° ✿ °•.

silhou • she/they/her • queer • infj • AoNZ
neurodivergent + mentally ill; might be slow to reply to trades/messages

feel free to chat with me about ofmd!

Image Image Image

character saleskalonsself love reminderssupport your local artist

Image Image Image Image

°•. ✿ .•°
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shawty-cs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:50 pm

username: fiji
    name:
    - in a forest at night because she loves horror and chasing ghosts
    - found a ring around a scarecrow and took it
    - the four birds were around it and once she took the ring, the four birds began to follower her everywhere.
    - they follower her home and with her on her ghost hunting adventures
    - as long as she has the ring on they follow her
    - Keith, Kaleb, kelly, and kyle
any designs you see of mine, that is not credited to shawty on th is STOLEN artwork.
shawty-cs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:30 pm

username: classy n flashy || name:|| edgar gender: male

Image wip
Last edited by ellipses on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 pm

what a good looking kid /ok hand

[art by Baylin]