Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2480 - Fine China- Judged

Postby Strudel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Name: Emaline and Dionaea(tail)
Owner: Shadow Striker

This event adopt's design is based on what a lot of my grandmother's fine china looks like (at least from memory) There's a personal reason as to why I associate my grandmother's china with spring, but also with the cold/frosty spring we've had so far, the colors seem fitting enough anyway.

It's spring time! And usually that means cleaning up around your home. This spring, however, this viscet has decided it's time to clean out the much-accumulated baggage s/he carries around. Write how they plan to accomplish this and/or the process of doing this (ex. will they sit down and have a talk with their tail, if it's sentient, to work out their issues? Will they write a letter to their younger self? Will they sit down with a friend or parent that has wronged them/they have wronged? It doesn't matter how, as long as they're able to work out what's eating them!

**If you are having trouble/don't feel like you can work with this prompt well PM me before 11:59 p.m. CST on 4/30/18 and I will give you a different prompt to work with.

Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Prompt[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Extras[/u][/b]:

• The prompt answer must be more than 200 words to qualify. No maximum, but keep in mind quality>quantity.
  • If you have asked me for another prompt, quote the prompt that I gave you at the top or bottom of your post.
  • Off thread forms are allowed (but no off-site forms please!)
  • You can have up to four extras, each 300 words or one art piece. Word count for the extras can be combined.
  • No comics or animations
  • Extensions will only be granted to those who PM me at least 20 hours before the end of the competition and who have at least the 200 qualifying words already in their form.

End Date: 8 a.m. CST on May 9th, 2018

Mutations
:
Venus Fly Trap Tail - Event Rare | Petal Tufts - Roaming Event Rare
Last edited by Strudel on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2480 - Fine China

Postby Stårry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Username: Xayah
Name: Quiles (Ou-lees)
Prompt:
Extras:
Last edited by Stårry on Thu May 03, 2018 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Steven_Universe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:51 pm

maaaark
𝐈’𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬!
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲
𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬!
Steven_Universe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunala. » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:40 am

Username:
      Name:
      Extras:

Res!
lunala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

《 ❀ // as the glass shattered, i heard a simple song 》

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:48 am

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

xxxxxxxxx[ username. .kaede ] ❀ [ name. kotone (琴音 - harp sound) ] ❀ [ tail name. kiku (菊 - chrysanthemum) ] ❀ [ gender. cisfemale ]

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

❀ prompt reply.
    indent"kotone, are you sure of your decision? it's already been so long, and at this point, talking to nabi and ligonem may not help your situation," the fluffy, sentient tail commented, as the white and blue patterned flinched slightly. she had curled up in a fetal position in front of the large crystal that had jutted out from the ground. kotone let out a hiss of discomfort, as she pushed herself into a sitting position.

indent"but i must. at first, i thought i could accomplish my task without them. kiku, i was so bitter. i hated how they assumed that i would take the role of the 'portal master', even without my own consent. i hate how my own brother insisted that i should take the role." exhaling loudly, the female viscet drew a long breath, as she stared at the petal tufts on her elbows. the markings on the tufts glowed softly, and every time kotone shifted in discomfort, the glow grew brighter in presence of the crystal. "however, times have changed. i can no longer remain the naïve viscet that i used to be, and i need to seek advice from the spirits that ligonem is able to contact. i cannot receive the advice i need if i don't begin mending the relationship i have with the rest of my family... you understand this, don't you, kiku?"

indentkotone's tail didn't speak immediately. the blue and white viscet nibbled on her lower lip nervously, as kiku let out a small sigh. "surely there are other ways to fix things? your koto cannot take any more strain, and it's nearly past its breaking point. besides, once your instrument breaks, it's only a matter of time before the crystal will also begin to shatter. you cannot let that happen, repairing your koto or replacing it should be your top priority." kiku frowned, and the leaf-like tufts of fur bristled slightly. "then again, perhaps you have a greater understanding of this current situation. you are, of course, the portal master. do keep in mind that the strain of the crystal will be reflected onto your own body as well, as i'm sure you're well aware of right now."

indent"i know that!" kotone snapped, as she shuddered from a violent spasm that shook her body to the core. she clenched her paws together, and when she lifted her head again, tears were beginning to prick at the corners of her eyes. kiku remained silent as the white and blue viscet gasped for air, and as the female viscet's lungs shook, kotone slammed a fist down onto the ground. "i know... i know that i made a mess of things. i believe that the only way for me to set things right if i talk to ligonem. please, kiku, trust me on this. i know that you will always side with me, but i need your trust, especially now. everything is breaking around me... i'm failing in my duty, and without your support, i would've collapsed a long time ago."

indentkiku's expression softened slightly, before nodding their head slowly. "i know that much. from what i remember, you've always been rather independent, and i suppose that i've gotten used to that fact... alright, i've decided." smiling brightly at the blue and white viscet on the ground, the sentient tail cocked its 'head'. "kotone, no matter what you do, please remember that i will continue to support and love you. after all, your well-being affects mine, and we've been through so much together."

indentkotone's features relaxed as her shoulders slumped down slightly, before she began to pull herself towards the direction of her koto. the wood that shaped the instrument was well battered, and the strings that the blue and white viscet would pluck to create sound were on the verge of snapping. the instrument wouldn't last very long, but the pale eyed viscet was fairly confident that her koto would be able to play a few more songs, just enough to transport her to ligonem's home in kyoutora and to protect the portal crystal for a while longer. "thank you for placing your trust in me, kiku... please believe me when i say that this suffering will not last much longer. i will do anything i can to end it as soon as possible."

indentcautiously, the blue and white viscet plucked at the strings of her koto, wincing at the grating sounds that were created when she dragged her claw across one of the strings. slowly, gradually, kotone began to play a song. at first, the song was simple; there were a few trills here and there, and much of the song was akin to the voices of the birds that sang in the forests. however, with increasing fervor, simple trills turned into complex arpeggios, and kiku had started to hum along. near the end, kotone's paws flew over the strings, and the viscets who didn't know her would have thought that the pale eyed viscet had turned into a mad viscet. the cadenza was short and rather abrupt, but it was more than enough for kotone to display her true emotions within the small section of the song.

indentfurious triads and chords contrasted the chromatic scales and the vibrato, and kiku let out an audible gasp at how much power kotone had pushed into the song. the petal tufts on kotone's body glowed brighter than ever, and as the pale eyed viscet plucked at the last note in morose, her sentient tail opened her mouth to speak. "to ligonem, to kyoutora!" kiku cried out, and with a bright flash and a sharp crack, the viscet and her sentient tail vanished from the depths of the cave.

indentto say that ligonem was surprised would be a severe understatement. he had been quietly sipping his tea while staring at his ouija board when he heard a loud bang from the attic, followed by several quiet sneezes. now alert, the lightning patterned viscet narrowed his four eyes sharply at the stairs that led to the attic, but his eyes soon widened at the sight of his younger sister stumbled down the stairs. her usually pristine blue and white fur was covered in dust, and while she didn't appear to have suffered any major injuries, she was clutching onto her arm like there was no tomorrow. kiku, the tail that belonged to his sister, kept coughing as well, and ligonem backed off slightly.

indent"kotone...? what brings you here? you really should've let nabi and i know before dropping by," ligonem commented, as he smiled awkwardly. kotone let out another sneeze, as kiku straightened themselves before turning towards the purple viscet's general direction. his sister's sentient tail let out a nervous hum, as kotone let out a loud exhale, before directing her piercing, pale eyes towards his face. the four eyed viscet swallowed back a lump of unease that had bubbled up in his throat at the sight of his younger sister, before he opened his mouth to speak again. "nabi, willow and hoshi are currently out, taking care of something. i apologize that the house is such a mess. i-"

indent"greetings, ligonem. forgive kiku and i for stopping by so abruptly. you see, there is a certain crisis, and while i would've preferred to handle it by myself, it has gotten to the point where i will need your help, otherwise there is no hope for saving the portal crystal," kotone interrupted, effectively cutting off what her older brother might've said next. ligonem narrowed his eyes slightly at the blue and white viscet's behaviour, and she returned his glare with an unflinching stare. kiku, sensing tension between the two siblings, quickly pushed their way through them.

indent"it hasn't even been five minutes, and yet the two of you are fighting already?! honestly, kotone, just say what you want ligonem to do; small talk will not work with the two of you together," kiku groaned, as the blue and white viscet turned her icy stare towards her sentient tail. kiku didn't flinch, and although ligonem would never admit it himself, he was secretly relieved that kotone wasn't glaring at him now. in any case, he reckoned that the real reason why kiku didn't flinch was because the tail couldn't actually see what kotone was doing. that reasoning certainly made it clear why kiku was never perturbed when his sister was upset with her tail.

indenthowever, much to ligonem's surprise, kotone didn't continue to glare at kiku. the pale eyed viscet let out a small sigh, before nodding her head in acknowledgement of her sentient tail's words. turning to face her brother once again, kotone closed her eyes and began to speak. "... right. we didn't come here to fight. ligonem, i request your assistance, and the help of the spirits that you talk to on a daily basis. i'm sure you know how important the portal crystal is to the five kingdoms. the crystal is at risk, and if it shatters, kiku and i will die as well." the blue and white viscet then paused, as though searching for the right words to say, while she flicked an ear. finally, kotone dipped her head and clasped her paws together. "so please... please help us."

indentligonem's expression softened slightly at kotone words, and reached out a paw to pet his younger sister's head. she raised an questioning eyebrow, and the four eyed viscet let out a small snort of exasperation. "kotone... did you really even need to ask? while it's apparent that neither of us like each other very much, we are still family. i would do anything to help you, even if i wasn't on the best terms with you. while i don't know what you would do when my family and i were in danger, i suppose i should've expected that. i shouldn't have pushed you to become the portal master. i'm sorry."

indentfrom out of the corner of his eyes, he could've sworn that tears were beginning to swell in kotone's eyes. she let out a small sniffle, before allowing herself to drop into her older brother's warm, inviting embrace. then, she started to cry. kiku remained silent, as the blue and white viscet poured out the feelings that she had kept hidden for so long. "n-no...! i overreacted, as always. it's... it's always me! your reasoning made sense, everyone's reasoning except mine made sense! i was so adamant in my decision that i lost sight of what was more important, and as i was blinded by my anger, i severed the ties that were never meant to be broken!" kotone's long, choking sobs elicited a few tears from ligonem, and he tightened his grip on his sister. the pale eyed's viscet's shoulders shook, as she continued to lament. "i don't even deserve your help! i've always been so selfish... honestly, i don't know why kiku still puts up with me. am i a terrible viscet if helping the family that i thought had wronged me wasn't worth my time, even if they were in grave danger...?"

indentpursing his lips together, ligonem's embrace around kotone slackened slightly, as he took a few steps backward and stared into his younger sister's eyes. "you're not at fault. how many times do i have to say it? a few years, if you asked if i would ever help you, i probably would've said no as well. i have nabi to thank for opening my eyes to the greater world, and in a sense, i suppose kiku is what nabi is to me." nodding appreciatively at his sister's sentient tail, who in turn bobbed up and down, the purple lightning patterned viscet continued to speak. "this is all a complicated matter. i'm sure you're exhausted. come rest in the guest room, and we'll discuss the help you need later."

indent"much thanks from us, ligonem. we appreciate it," kiku piped up, before kotone let out a loud gasp. her butterfly tufts began glowing again, and she dropped down onto her knees, wheezing in pain. at the same time, the pale eyed viscet's sentient tail let out a small wail, and ligonem's eyes widened in shock, and hurried to aid his younger sister. "ko-kotone?! oh no, we must've used more energy than we had thought..."

indent"what's going on? what happened to kotone?!" the four eyed viscet hissed, as he grabbed hold of the blue and white coloured viscet. kotone let out a loud cough, and ligonem flinched at the sight of blood trailing out of the corner of her lips. "kotone... kiku... tell me! is this the doing of the crystal? what could've possibly happened for my sister to be coughing up blood, of all things?!"

indent"i... i didn't want to tell you... or mother, or father..." kotone mumbled, as her lungs heaved for air. kiku went limp, and as ligonem could only watch in horror, the pale eyed viscet let out another cough. more crimson liquid sprayed from her mouth, and she huddled into a small ball, shuddering. "this is one of the effects of the crystal. i was hoping that it wouldn't have to come to this point. everything has to be alright. promise me that, ligonem? brother?"

indent"things will be alright," ligonem responded firmly, as he stared into his younger sister's eyes. kotone let out a small chuckle before letting out another coughing fit, and kiku let out a weak chortle. "you've been so strong already, when you refused to allow anyone else help except kiku. i will consult my spirits. things will definitely get better, i'll guarantee it."

indent[ 2269 words ]

❀ extra 1 - kotone's personality.
    indentfrom the viewpoint of strangers, kotone can be a rather difficult viscet to understand. she is rather soft spoken, but when her directions are challenged, her stalwart stubbornness will show, within her pale blue eyes. she isn't afraid to speak out and express her ideals when necessary, and she has all the traits necessary to be able to lead an independent life and not yearn for companionship. nothing matters more to kotone than her own opinions, and someone dares to challenge her thoughts, she will fight back and strive to win.

indenthowever, within the depths of her own mind, kotone can be a very self-deprecating and selfish viscet. she is aware of her faults, and while it makes her experiences all the more painful, the fact that she knows what she should fix is a step closer to changing herself into a more likeable viscet. to strangers, she can be seen as just a quiet viscet who resides in a large cave, but to the viscets who had gotten to know her, kotone is perceived to have a fiery personality, with feelings that change like the wind. she is aware of what she needs to accomplish her goals, and although kotone isn't keen on using underhanded methods to achieve her means, she is fully capable of doing so.

indentkotone's trust is fragile, and once its broken, it takes a long time to heal. she does not trust the words of other viscets easily, including that of her family, and she will only listen to kiku without question. when the blue and white coloured viscet is trying to heal her relationship with another viscet, she avoids speaking to them unless absolutely necessary, and instead sulks to herself until she realizes that she needs to bring matters up with the other viscet.

indent[ 300 / 300 words ]

❀ extra 2 - kiku's personality.
    indentin stark contrast to kotone's scathing, unfriendly personality, kiku is a lot more amiable and easier to talk to. in a sense, kotone's sentient tail is the peacekeeper whenever the former decides to pick a verbal fight with another viscet, and while it is possible to get on kiku's bad side, it is rather difficult to do so. they appear to be the perfect assistant to the portal master, even if they are unable to move around on their own, and despite kiku's limitations, they have always managed to surpass kotone's expectations. the sentient tail is a hard worker, and will often put their head against kotone's head to come up with better ideas, while suggesting small edits to the plans that may have potential flaws in them.

indentdespite kiku's friendliness to other viscets and polite speech to those who the blue and white viscet may dislike, they are fiercely protective of kotone, and her family members. they see kotone's family as their own, and because they are the closest being to kotone, they are willing to do anything it takes to hurt the viscets that have hurt the pale eyed viscet and her family. it seem difficult for a being that is just a tail, even if they are sentient, but kiku doesn't care. however, kiku's determination to protect kotone and her family can be rather overbearing, especially since the blue and white coloured viscet isn't quite the type to be protected.

indentall in all, kiku has a pleasant disposition and is easy to get along with. they only want the best for the viscets that they are familiar with and love, and they will do anything they can help them through their troubles. they are sweet, and it's no wonder that kotone treats kiku as her greatest friend.

❀ extra 3 - profession.
    indentthe task of being the portal master is a solemn one, and it's not much of a surprise that kotone argued against becoming the current protector of the portal and the portal crystal. at first glance, it may seem like the blue and white viscet is making a huge deal about protecting the portal and the portal crystal, but there are severe repercussions to becoming the next portal master.

indentbeing the portal master is a thankless job. one must live in isolation with an instrument to control the environment around the portal crystal, and must protect the portal and the portal crystal at all costs. upon becoming the next portal master, one must bind their soul to the portal crystal, so that the leaders of the kingdoms can be sure that the potential portal master is serious about their job. however, it also means that if the crystal is hurt, harm is also inflicted onto the viscet, causing physical and potentially mental damage. in a sense, kotone is lucky that she has kiku as a sentient tail, for she wouldn't have been allowed to see any other viscet while she remained in her cave.

indentthe instrument that the portal master uses to control the environment around the portal crystal varies. the leaders must decide if the instrument suits the current portal master, and if they are able to manipulate the instrument's sound to create harmonious melodies. in kotone's case, she had always enjoyed playing the koto, so the choice was unanimous. the koto can also be seen as a namesake for the blue and white viscet, and although few viscets know of the portal master, those who wander too close to the cave with the portal crystal will claim to hear beautiful koto music before being whisked away by magic.

extra 4 - prompt; our connection.
    indent

[ click image for bigger version, art by me ;v; ]

Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:32 am

Username:
Name:
res w/
go to the jail his father's in and apologize fr accusing him
Extras:
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kydashing » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:00 am

Your work here is fantastic. Love blue and white, love the idea of fine china+ winter to spring uggh <3
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░

══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══
L I N K S ::
[My Trello/Art progress]
[My DA]+[My Viscets]

B L U R P S ::
Thank you tenlittlesoldierboys
For your help with my
signature!
All rights go to Warner Bros.
+ J.K. Rowling
PFQ! Click Here For MEH?
══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══ ══

░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
Kydashing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:33 am

mmm mark,,,maybe
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:24 am

mark c:
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage