BH #093: Adopt {Spring Event} by Eremite

Based on Click to view
Artist Eremite [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

BH #093: Adopt {Spring Event}

Postby Eremite » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 am

This spotted boy was brought in after being hit by a car. Sadly he lost his leg and half his tail from the accident but that hasn't stopped him from being a bouncy, happy, goofy pup. He is still very puppy like despite his rough life on the streets. He hasn't seemed to notice that he's missing a leg but it may cause future challenges.

Owner's Name: Sandy Hoofprints
Dog's Name: Crazy Equals Genius // Wilson
Colour: Sable Fawn Piebald
Genotype: kk/AyAy/bb/DD/Ee/gg/ilil/pp/spsx/tt
Stats:
    speed- 8
    stamina- 18
    strength- 15
Last edited by Eremite on Sat May 20, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blame is a coward but self-righteous
A funny little creature hiding out in me
Hate is power with a price tag
A funny little creature screaming out in me
Listen to me
Fear is a liar but he's been right before
If you fight your shadow, you'll get lost in a war
Ambitions a champ, but he's also greedy
Drunk or sober he always wants more
I always want more
I always want more
Lust is beauty in a body bag
A funny little thing that's screaming "Just use me!"

Eremite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BH #053: Adopt {Spring Event}

Postby aray17 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 am

Owner's Name: aray17
Dog's Name: Boundaries Untamed // Asher (means life)
Other pets and their personalities: I have a lot of Baltics and they are all listed here. His two best friends would be Zada and Alaska. They are both very mellow and are extreme cuddle bugs. Zada was hit by a car and is permanently hurt in her leg. She can't run and doesn't walk much so she would be the perfect companion for this boy. Zada lays around in the stables a lot and likes to be pulled in her wagon that the horses can pull. If Asher wasn't feeling so good, he could lay in the wagon too. My boys, Zavier, Roy, Davidson, Harley, Ford, Everest, and Bentley all love to wrestle and play so they will be Asher's play buddies. Davidson is about the same age as Asher so they match up physically pretty well. They wrestle quite a bit and Davidson knows not to go too hard on Asher.
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog? yes! He will be my cuddle buddy and will definitely be loved. I will give him as much of my attention and love as possible. I am a physical therapist and know how to treat dogs and humans so if his health starts to deteriorate, I can work him through several exercises each day to help him cope with his disability. To get him house trained, I would keep him by my side all day and would train him myself. Also, when I would have to go to work, I would have my ranch hands train him. Since he lived on the streets, he probably learned to scavenge through trash cans. I would scold him if he ever got into the trash. I would also make the trash cans hard to tip over and open without human hands. They have bear-proof trash cans which I could get to deter this habit.
Do you know what heartworms are and how they are prevented? Yes! Dogs get it from infected mosquitoes who bite them. It cannot be prevented but it can be treated with shots. One of my dogs in real life had it in the early stages so luckily we caught it and treated it quickly.
Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?: I have a ramp for my dogs to climb up onto my bed so he can use it. In case it is too steep for him, I will get one custom made for him. I also have a wagon that my tolters pull around for Zada and Asher to ride in. I also am strong enough to carry him if he gets too tired to walk. To keep him healthy, he would be on a separate diet from the rest of the dogs so he does not put on excess weight since he is not working out as much as the others. Since he probably has a huge fear of cars, I will have to train him to get him into the car. I would do this by having other dogs climb into the car and then bribe him with treats and then assist him into the car. I would keep him away from roads and such and since my property is far away from busy streets and is mostly surrounded by woods, he would be safe. The main concern I have is the nearby river. It can flow very fast and can drop below freezing during the winter so I would teach him how to swim in my pool with me and would keep my eyes on him when we go to the river. While he is still learning how to swim, I would keep him away from the river. All of my dogs are not allowed to stray off the property and when we go on trail rides, the dogs wear tracking GPS collars. They are all trained to stay near me so for a while I would have to keep Asher on a leash and have him ride in the wagon with Zada if Zada comes. I could also have a special saddle made so Asher could lay on it behind me. Something like this
What may be a reason that you would return this dog?: if one of my dogs took advantage of his injury and wouldn't stop, even after being punished, I would give this sweet boy a chance to be loved. I highly doubt any of my dogs would be mean to him.
Last edited by aray17 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am

Owner's Name:
Dog's Name:
Other pets and their personalities:
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog?
Do you know what heartworms are and how they are prevented?
Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?:
What may be a reason that you would return this dog?:
rES
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

I really love tripawd doggos I would love to have the privilege of owning one some day, but for now I just revel in doing all the research I can xD
Other pets and their personalities: Uma and Elton can be found here
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog? Yes! (see more below)
    Heart worms to put it simply are parasites that travel through the tissues of a dog as larvae and eventually grow into worms in the heart. They can prove fatal if untreated. Thankfully heartworm is not found here, but if this pup is coming from an endemic area he'll have needed to take one of the many heartworm preventative medicines.
Are you willing to make any changes or special alterations in order to accommodate any special needs your new dog may have?:
    Of course we will accommodate Wilson in every way he needs. Though tripawd dogs are able to lead almost completely normal lives we will have small ways to help him. And he will also have training issues no doubt so we will work hard to address those now to prevent any problems cropping up later.
    • We would ensure this bubbly energetic boy is not left to roam in places where he could overestimate his abilities and injure himself. He will get loads of supervised exercise when he wants it.
    • We have looked into potential activities like swimming which would be easier for him and will keep him fit without being too strenuous. We might even get him a cute doggie float coat (life jacket). We appreciate that we must prepare to own an older tripawd dog someday who will need more support too. other ideas
    • With his traumatic experience with traffic we're not sure he'll be going near a road anytime soon, but we walk all our dogs on leads anywhere unenclosed outside the kennel compound. We will keep a special eye and a short lease on Wilson to be sure he is not stressed out by traffic, and we will take it slow to get him used to being inside a car as the noise and enclosed space may frighten him the first time.
    • He will have a special harness along the lines of this (XXX) which has a small handle and thick comfortable straps so there is no excess pressure on his chest. It will also be far away from touching his freshly healing wound/scar to start with. This will only be necessary when he's exercising not if he's lying about the house. We will look into buying one with a bigger handle if we were to do any strenuous activities with him (XXX) this one which spreads his weight well is more ideal than one which puts a lot of pressure around his stomach, and will work because he still has the top part of his leg to put the hip strap around once it's all healed, otherwise a simple one would suit his needs fine.
    • He deserves to be spoilt after his rough start so unlike the other working dogs he'll sleep in the house over night if that is where he's happiest, and we will assess if he would be better in the house or out in a spacious run with a few of the others (if he misses other canine company) during the day. There is a good range of orthopaedic beds if he finds it hard to get comfortable immediately post-op.
    Only if some serious unforeseen problem arose. We have two huskies at Ocean Dance so far and they both are very quiet, gentle and easy-going. I am sure they would welcome him to the team family! Since meeting him we know that he is absolutely lovely and before we bring him home we plan to take him on a walk and playtime with our other two to make sure they do indeed get along c:
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BH #093: Adopt {Spring Event}

Postby conversett » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Owner's Name: SergeantWinter
Dog's Name:
Other pets and their personalities:
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog?

wip
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eremite » Sat May 20, 2017 9:44 am

Sandy Hoofprints wrote:
    I really love tripawd doggos I would love to have the privilege of owning one some day, but for now I just revel in doing all the research I can xD
Other pets and their personalities: Uma and Elton can be found here
Are you willing to put in the time and effort to train your new dog? Yes! (see more below)
    Heart worms to put it simply are parasites that travel through the tissues of a dog as larvae and eventually grow into worms in the heart. They can prove fatal if untreated. Thankfully heartworm is not found here, but if this pup is coming from an endemic area he'll have needed to take one of the many heartworm preventative medicines.
    Of course we will accommodate Wilson in every way he needs. Though tripawd dogs are able to lead almost completely normal lives we will have small ways to help him. And he will also have training issues no doubt so we will work hard to address those now to prevent any problems cropping up later.
    • We would ensure this bubbly energetic boy is not left to roam in places where he could overestimate his abilities and injure himself. He will get loads of supervised exercise when he wants it.
    • We have looked into potential activities like swimming which would be easier for him and will keep him fit without being too strenuous. We might even get him a cute doggie float coat (life jacket). We appreciate that we must prepare to own an older tripawd dog someday who will need more support too. other ideas
    • With his traumatic experience with traffic we're not sure he'll be going near a road anytime soon, but we walk all our dogs on leads anywhere unenclosed outside the kennel compound. We will keep a special eye and a short lease on Wilson to be sure he is not stressed out by traffic, and we will take it slow to get him used to being inside a car as the noise and enclosed space may frighten him the first time.
    • He will have a special harness along the lines of this (XXX) which has a small handle and thick comfortable straps so there is no excess pressure on his chest. It will also be far away from touching his freshly healing wound/scar to start with. This will only be necessary when he's exercising not if he's lying about the house. We will look into buying one with a bigger handle if we were to do any strenuous activities with him (XXX) this one which spreads his weight well is more ideal than one which puts a lot of pressure around his stomach, and will work because he still has the top part of his leg to put the hip strap around once it's all healed, otherwise a simple one would suit his needs fine.
    • He deserves to be spoilt after his rough start so unlike the other working dogs he'll sleep in the house over night if that is where he's happiest, and we will assess if he would be better in the house or out in a spacious run with a few of the others (if he misses other canine company) during the day. There is a good range of orthopaedic beds if he finds it hard to get comfortable immediately post-op.
    Only if some serious unforeseen problem arose. We have two huskies at Ocean Dance so far and they both are very quiet, gentle and easy-going. I am sure they would welcome him to the team family! Since meeting him we know that he is absolutely lovely and before we bring him home we plan to take him on a walk and playtime with our other two to make sure they do indeed get along c:

Congrats!
Blame is a coward but self-righteous
A funny little creature hiding out in me
Hate is power with a price tag
A funny little creature screaming out in me
Listen to me
Fear is a liar but he's been right before
If you fight your shadow, you'll get lost in a war
Ambitions a champ, but he's also greedy
Drunk or sober he always wants more
I always want more
I always want more
Lust is beauty in a body bag
A funny little thing that's screaming "Just use me!"

Eremite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BH #093: Adopt {Spring Event}

Postby Sandy Hoofprints » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

Thank you so much! I love this boy, I really enjoyed doing the research for this, and maybe one day I'll be able to give a loving home to a real tripawd pupper!
▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
Sandy
◈ Vet Student ◈ Irish ◈ Image
◈ ♀ Rugby Player ◈ ISFJ/ISTJ ◈

toltsfwphocother
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲
Sandy Hoofprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes