Re: lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby f1owercrown » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am

username; f1owercrown
    name; Scarlett
    gender; Male
    kamper/roll call form; <3
    prompt;

Dale promised he wouldn't go too far; he just had to know what lay in the swamp. It was almost sundown and he said he'd be back before nightfall. Heavy, wet paws trudged the swamp after he crossed the lake as he took the atmosphere in. The swamp seemed deserted, except for a multitude of trees and the humming of the insects.

By some distance he spotted a creature, white and red in appearance, staring at a puddle surrounded by gravel and sand. The creature was mindlessly picking on the soil with what seemed to be a twig. Curious, Dale approached the creature.

"Stop that."

The Kalon instinctively turned around, startled by Dale's presence.

"What?"

"Don't play with sand like that. You're destroying the insects' traps. You aren't the only one hiding here, y'know."

The Kalon directed its attention towards the soil at the edge of the pond, where a few small pitfall traps lay. Most were either buried in sand or ruined by the twig. Dale crouched down, gestured the Kalon to do so as well, and pointed at an undisturbed pitfall trap. Dale lightly tapped the edge of the pitfall, a few grains of sand rubble falling to the bottom. Soon, an insect at the bottom flicked the sand, disturbing the pitfall trap but ultimately not destroying it. The Kalon gaped in awe; he had never seen anything like that.

"They're called antlions because they prey on ants that stumble into their trap," explained Dale. "Once they sense movement in their traps, they flick the sand, allowing their prey to fall deeper. The antlion's toothed mouth await at the bottom for a feisty meal, and I can't believe I've said more things about antlions that myself. I'm Dale, and I swear I'm fun at parties. People usually like the trivia I spurt out."

The Kalon whispered. "I'm Scarlett..."

"Ohh, a red-colored name! Interesting. You do remind me of an assassin bug."

Scarlett looked awfully confused.

"Right, right. They're assassins for a reason, so I wouldn't expect you'd know. Assassin bugs look primarily black, but they have red markings such as yours. They prey on a lot of insects, but they don't wait like the antlion does. They just... go up to their prey."

"That's amazing."

"Sorry about the facts, I... read a lot of entomology books." Dale said, "Anyway, what are you doing here? Not part of the Kamp?"

With a huff, the Kalon shook his head, seemingly down after mentioning the event.

"Hey," Dale said, "If you want to join, I believe it's fine. You'd be lonely here, after all, and you can either wait for company like the antlion waits for its prey, or you can go out and up to others, as the assassin bug does." Dale paused. "T- Terrible analogy, but you get my point, right?"

Scarlett nodded, amused with Dale and his ramblings.

"It'll be fine, I swear." Dale reassured. "I'll accompany you." He said with a smile, gesturing the other to follow.

[500/500]

(even if I don't win, watch the videos I put in the links! NatGeo certified, these insects are such cool creatures.)
Last edited by f1owercrown on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anonymous.aa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 am

wip. pretty up (may make prompt longer)

username; cyansakura
name; ryu hikari
gender; male
kamper/roll call form; here

prompt; as vesper song was done exploring the wood, he peered at the swampland. but before he knew it he saw a figure, and looking closer he saw a kalon, hiding behind some bushes. he immediently felt empathy for the kalon, especially because he was a bit like that when he first entered the summer kamp. he went towards him before back out. the kalon growled at him before stopping. vesper song stopped to sit down a bit farther away from him. "hey, i know how you feel." the kalon ignored him. vesper twitched in annoyance before continuing on. "you feel anxiety and scared, don't you?" the kalon responded with a blink. he sighed, if he wanted the kalon to talk, he would have to be more optimistic. "you like nature?" the kalon, this time, looked at him. vesper continued. "i do, too. believe it or not, i actually live in a cabin near some forests. they're cool aren't they? i like them because of how cool and fresh they look and smell." the new kalon smiled a bit, "yeah, i guess i do, too." he said. vesper smiled, finally! got him to talk. "oi, why don't you want to come to kamp? it's pretty nice there." the new kalon went silent. "i hate being forced," he said, "i don't like being rushed in one thing to go to another." vesper opened his mouth before closing it again. what?! that's it? "i can help you. you can outrun the cons with the pros. you said you like plants? well guess what, we're surrounded by it. and you what? the kamp has a lot of activities to do with it. who knows, maybe we can go bird watching together or something. there's even some test of courage thing." vesper finished, whatever that means... "so you with me?" the new kalon looked at vesper before looking back at the kamp. "yeah. sure. why not?"

[321/500]
anonymous.aa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby synastry » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am

username; synastry;
name; Kami
gender; Male
kamper/roll call form; Seki
prompt;
Hmm... this guy looks kinda scary... how should I approach this? Seki thought to herself as she sat down in front of the other Kalon, wondering what this guy would be interested in. Maybe he likes animals? Or plants? She could talk about that all day. Time to give it a shot!

"Have you ever seen a real alligator before? Or a caiman? I've heard some alligators get super big. I could never be in the swamp. I don't know why you were in there... too each his own though!" She seemed to at least get a wedge of his attention when she started talking about the alligators.

Maybe he likes frogs too? Oh! Or maybe he's seen some of those monstrous alligator snapping turtles? "Ooooo what about the alligator snapping turtle? I bet you've seen one of those guys before. Or not... those guys are pretty good at camouflage." So far Seki still hadn't gotten the scary guy to say anything, or give much a reaction, but at this point she was just rambling.

Wonder what he ate out there? Did he cook his food? That's hardcore... "What did you eat out in the swamps? I know they've got a bunch of crayfish out there. Did you eat those? What about the frogs? I know in France frog legs are a delicacy. Heard that they taste like chicken. Do you know what chicken tastes like?" Would the ducks out there taste like chicken? No, they're too gamey.

She started to see the guy, who she'd decided to call Kami for now, roll his eyes and smirk at her rambles. She was finally getting somewhere with this!

"Woah, what about the raccoons? Were they annoying? Did they steal your food? Oh. My. God. What about the mosquitoes? Those would have been such a pain! Unless you're like, immune to them. Do you have nice smelling feet? Apparently they don't like stinky feet. Or do they just not like you?" After a moment, Seki started to apologize fiercely, realizing how mean that must have sounded. "Oh I'm so sorry! That's so rude of me to say!"

She finally got Kami to laugh at her apologies. It was a low laugh, and it almost sounded like he didn't know how to laugh! "How do you find that funny?!" Seki replied, giving him a weird look. The kalon replied "Because I try very hard to keep my feet clean and nice smelling."

Word Count: 409
Last edited by synastry on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝑰𝑺 𝑳𝑰𝑲𝑬 𝑨 ━

𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬❜𝑺 𝑳𝑶𝑻𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑲𝑺

xxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Hihi! Call me
Syn. Hit me up
with a trade!
xxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━ 𝑩𝑼𝑻 𝑰𝑻❜𝑺 𝑨𝑳𝑺𝑶
synastry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am

username; scarlet_wolf
    name; bane
    gender; male
    kamper/roll call form; caius!!
    prompt; wip
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am

username;
    name;
    gender;
    kamper/roll call form;
    prompt;

a quick res asdffsa
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 am

mmmmmm res
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 am

xxxx

┌─────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'''
username; artemis,
name; nefeli [ meaning "beauty" in greek ]
gender; female
kamper/roll call form; link
prompt; [ 500/500 ]

└─────────────┘

the deepening sunset cast a glow against adelaide's face, she could imagine the heavens opening up to speak as she lay across the soft grass. the blink of her eyes slowed as the sun creeped through the cracks of the rustling tree leaves, catching the light of her soft blue orbs.

a rustle. a snap.

as if on cue, adelaide's eyes flew open to gaze at her surroundings, discomforted by the subtle yet distinct sounds of movement.

"w-who's there?" adelaide's voice quivered, shifting her body into a sitting position to examine her surroundings. her paws gripped the grass with vigor, her mind dancing with fear of what lurked in the shadows.

in the corner of her eye stood the silhouette of a kalon, a lost kamper that seemed to be distressed.

"come out," adelaide commanded with a small voice, only to see the kamper disappear behind the tree.

in the stillness of the air, she felt something soft and wispy hit her nose. a flower. another one... and then another.

the kamper was throwing flowers at her.

taking a moment to examine the flowers, she peered over her shoulder to see the kamper crouching behind the tree base, intently watching her. the kamper paused and pointed at the ground, where the flowers lay at her feet.

not quite understanding but willing to play along, she eyed the flowers for one to choose. "this," she paused, picking up a small white flower with yellow petals at the bottom, "is a dutchman's breech, otherwise known as dicentra cucullaria," she said, the soft tone of her voice a kindred spirit to the whispers of the woods.

"they get their name due to their resemblance to white breeches," she finished, letting the flower drop to the forest floor.

"this one is a great white trillium," she continued, picking up a small three-petaled flower with a tiny yellow centre and twirling it in her frangible hands. "also known as the trillium grandiflorum, their higher classification has more than 40 species," she muttered, wracking her brain for information from her years of garden keeping.

"this one is an allium ursinum... more commonly addressed as the buckram," she said, before squinting further at it. "this is actually a species of garlic, and is edible. although they are commonly mistaken for convallaria majalis," adelaide whispered, not long before she heard the sounds of crunching, only to find the kamper eating them.

"maybe you should wait till' we get back to the counselors before eating those," she giggled, before rising to her feet and brushing the dirt off her knees.

"care to tag along? i'll show you more flowers along the way," adelaide offered, holding out her small hand towards the kamper. tentatively, it reached out and linked its hand in her's, allowing adelaide to lead it to the path.

"i don't believe we've been properly introduced," adelaide began with a gentle smile, "i'm adelaide. and you are?" she asked, watching the kamper open their mouth to reply.

"nefeli."
Last edited by artemis, on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 am

def res

Ares would be so interested in having a nice calming chat with them over some homemade tea with flowers and herbs
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby MirrorMask » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am

-
Last edited by MirrorMask on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
message for kalon commissionstoyhou.sekalons
MirrorMask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soll » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am