Re: Anniversary (Open)

Postby Error » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Username: Error
    Name: Lantern
    How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons have encouraged me to write and to draw more. I've had great fun working on prompts for contests and developing my kalons I've obtained. I've gotten to interact with quite a lot of wonderful people too! Kalons also helped me get through college, as a distraction to look forward to each week when I was running off on anxiety and stress. Kalons helped me relax and focus on the things I love: drawing and writing.
    Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: Shout out to everyone who has put in work and effort into this species! It's been a lot of work, and while I've only hanged around for a year, I've gotten to meet some pretty nice members and none of my interactions have left me soured. Special shout out to The Pirate for being a such sweetheart and to Sixbane for all the beautiful kits I've received from their amazing nursery batch efforts!
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

IM SORRY FOR MAKING THIS LONG ILL SHORTEN IT DOWN LATER

Postby akame, » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Username: kacchan,
Name: kirigri
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: well the main reason that i really just wanted to be introduced to something new and meet new people, to try to boost my confidence which im still in progress of but this community. People who enter for contests and pour their hardest work into a kalon don't get enough credit for what they do, hell everyone who participates in kalons don't get enough credit and appreciation for what they do. The staff try their damn hardest to make these kalons for us when they are probably all busy with work/school but still somehow keep kalons running from 2016(or 17? I don't remember) till now. People who use their creative thoughts and express their ideas in writing, drawing, and more all do their hardest in these comps and that's what i love about reading entries and seeing all different kinds of desgins and edits on kalons and all the development/stories. You can really see that everyone does go out and take their time to keep this place interesting and unique, whether its artist entries, new kalons, kalon development, whatever it is it's all done with effort and that's what really pulled me back into this community. To see if I could spark my own ideas by being inspired by others. im spinning the idea round and round and round with no meaning whatsoever. Point is that everyone's hella creative and that's why i rlly like these adopts & art + writing in general rip sorry for making this all long

Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: @imp u r the most supportive person in the hecKiN world u deserve love and appreciation bc u r absolutely amazing?????? like i wouldn't be here without you guiding me through this all and showing me fandoms and communities and I definitely would never been active in kalons if it wasn't for u, making a discord and joining the kalon discord server was the BEST decision that ive made because I met you. In the start you were so funny and nice to me even though we were total strangers and that i was and still am a hella cringey person you still put up with me and talked to me. you're basically the only one im comfortable talking to without thinking about what i should tell or show you. I've met new people because of you and started to grow outta my shell of social anxiety bc of u. ur too damn good for me im so lucky to have you as my friend, i don't know what id do without you <3 Im sorry it's longer than I thought and probably hella confusing to read,, i kind of spilled out my feelings for this one rip.im hoping this still counts as a "shout out" ack silently hoping that imp doesn't read this all if I ever have the time to edit this I'll add more people im sorry!
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amberlilli » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Username: Amberlilli
Name: Everett
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: I've met a lot of good people in this community simply from interacting on the fanclub or from making art, so thanks to those special people for being there and reaching out :)
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: \
-Sixbane - Your art is stunning and your ability to produce quality consistently is really admirable, you are constantly pumping out amazing designs and things relating to kalons that are amazing. Remember that everyone in the community really care about you and your health, so remember to take a break sometimes, we'll still all be here when you come back!
-Softballpup12 - It's been a while since we talked, but I really love the writing you do for all your kals and their stories! I certainly don't have the motivation to be able to write for them all with all my heart, but for your kals, it seems they all are wonderfully fleshed out and developed!
Last edited by Amberlilli on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
my kalons kalon adopts my viscets dd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗

ok

╚═════════════════════════╝

Amberlilli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Username:
gay ♡
Name:
Johnathan
How is Kalons Adopts special to you:
Even though I don't have any kalons of my own yet, the kalon community has been very open and kind to me. I'm excited to earn my first kalon someday so that I can really join the community <333
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species:
sixbane's designs are eye-catching and beautiful. I always get super excited to see when they come out! I love their style a whole lot and they're honestly a blessing <3333

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Name:
Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: (can be more than one if you desire, and give a specific reason why you're recognizing them)

Res
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Mark
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Username: watchdog.
        Name: Xochi (often called chi)
        How is Kalons Adopts special to you: for a very long time, i simply admired Kalons from afar. I'm not really the type to get into large species, predominantly because I am not confident/well versed in large scale competitions and simply am usually not very social among big communities! I had always seen new adopts show up on the front page of the created pets in oekaki, or would see the topics pop up occasionally on cs's front page. I had no desire to join the community or participate in the adopts, although I had always wanted to own one deep down!

It wasn't until the user gladis gifted me my first kal, after offhandedly mentioning in a public discord that I didn't own one and wasn't in the community, that I would join into the species. I got to look into the rules and ended up growing the kit i was gifted, Jamil, and loved him to bits. That same day, I was contacted by the lovely magpie! (owlie, at the time) and asked if I did growth commissions, as she had been a fan of Jamil's growth. It was truly heart-stopping that in my first day of even being into the community, someone was already a sort of fan ! I told mag that I was new, gave her a short run down, and offered to do a couple growths for her just because I had been so honored that she asked. Once said growths got out, more and more people began coming to me in search of someone to make their myo or grow kits they had owned. Within the next two months, I had quickly become a regular within the Kalon community, mostly when it came to an active artist who constantly did myos or growths that people were needing. It also allowed me to charge C$/ cs currency and the occasional DA points, to make a small profit off of my work!

This same C$ later got me many things from the temporary kalon cs shop, which only further boosted my love and active status within the species (i still will always be proud that at one point, i owed around 68 common edits. 12k C$ well spent!). In January and February, I applied to try out and aim to become a temporary guest artist for the nursery artist competition. Never would I have imagined that just in a few short months, I'd evolve from being a brand new member with only one kal, to almost 40 kals now and a permanent spot on the artist list for the nursery. Every single friend that I've met, I've met through Kalons thus far. I know so many nice people, and have made some life-long best friends in the making. Even without the artist position and all the fancy kalons, the gems in this species community are my life blood. I talk to a few select every day, dawn to dusk, and love them all more than I can even put into words.

In short - thank you Kalons, for giving me amazing opportunities, and even more amazing friends.
        '

i really wanted to do more but i ran out of time : ( sorry about that!

staff:
        karmel: hi karm !! you're super sweet and i love seeing you and pidge around in the staff chat. you're like the sweet soccer mom who takes care of everyone and i just love u sm?? you're sweeter than sugar, seriously - you deserve to be recognized because even if you don't do a ton in the public eye, i know how much you do behind the scenes to keep this place sailing smoothly. i couldn't even imagine being in your position, much less running it as nicely as you do !!

wicced: hi wicc ily it's your favorite coffee servant here, i know you get a bad rep for how you stand up for yourself and we've had many discussions about this topic in particular, so you already know my views on it ; ) you don't deserve nearly a fraction of the junk you get for how you act, you stand up for this species in such a way i just have to admire it. you and karm together keep this place in tip top shape and honestly i wonder ever day how you're able to do it !

julibee: juli !! we haven't talked extremely often but you seem so cool and calm and collected i just adore you from a distance ♥♥ you do such a good job moderating the kal discord and keeping everything in check, stepping in when you need to, and aside from that your designs and artwork is so?? good?? i love your taste in color use and design and tbh i can tell you really like fashion - you have such a good, unique eye for design and everything always works together !!

eunkyung: eun- you're so good at being there for me in case i need anything done OTL i cant thank you enough for all the times ive came to you for approvals and you were always just right on it whenever i needed. i seriously cant think of a time you ever werent online and thats amazing tbh, you're also very kind and charismatic despite some of the things youve had to put up with as a moderator and you deserve to be commended for that !!

medd: HI MEDD : ) i love u too, you know im such a huge fan of your natural, realistic fur texture designs (they make me melt, babe) and especially your beautiful use of color (those tans and red browns make me cry a river), your designs are just always so gorgeously executed and your style imo is so unique?? it's like bubbly but still realistic and it drives me crazy bc i dont know how u can do that !! it just looks so GOOD !! also you're incredibly sweet and it makes me sob - how dare you be so talented in the art department and so kind, ur banned for being too perfect

csmintcat: mint !! you've been really kind to me since the start even though you sometimes like to bully and expose me smh and i really love your calm and mature nature with a hint of immaturity when you give into my charms and make silly jokes with me ( ; you're a really good pal and i love seeing u around even if i dont really say it ♥ you handle your mod duties really professionally and i love your art even if u dont !!

takura: tak, buddy, pal, we haven't talked but either but tbh?? i think you're super cool and i love when pop in and we get to talk (even though its usually at like 3 am for me oops) you give me all the spicy salt and are always delightfully active in the discord. i think it's really amazing to see staff members actively talking with the community - it makes it feel more like one big happy family !!

lillybear: hey lilly !! i dont see you around too much either but the times that i have you're always a blessing !! you're incredibly patient with the community (and especially me) and god you deserve an award for how unbelievably kind and gentle you are. also you're so inclusive in your post for this adopt and im crying you wrote so much for every single person and you're just such a sweetheart to spend all your time making everyone feel loved !!

kyar: ky!! i love seeing you around my streams, you're so incredibly pleasant to interact with in every single occasion. I'm like lowkey such a big fan boy of you, you're mature and collected while also having a beautiful sense of casual humor and i really love that. not to mention, you're undeniably supportive and loving and i want to just pinch your cheeks so hard when you talk about how you like my batches !! im over here falling in love with you and your kind personality and your batches how dare you be so selfless and caring, too !!!

sixbane: six, my man, you just absolutely blow my mind with the things you achieve. never in my life have i seen an artist ever put out such consistently beautiful work in such a short frickin time frame. i look at some of the myos and growths you do (and your batches too, heck!!) and wonder every time how you even managed to get it put out so quickly. as many others have said, you're a wonderous machine of an artist, and you easily keep the nursery running almost single handedly. I know many people owe you their thanks whole heartedly for giving them their first batches, or batches theyve been waiting to get a ticket claim on for a long time. keep being incredible six, so i can keep admiring you from afar ♥

Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:42 pm

Username: Madziu
Name: Rowan
How is Kalons Adopts special to you: Kalons was something I watched from afar when I first joined CS. I saw them pop up once and a while on the featured forums and always wondered how I could snag one for myself but I never actually tried. Eventually I read up a bit more on them and it took a little bit but I did end up winning my first one. After that it was just a downhill spiral. (jk. :P) Kalons has made me work on my writing, trying to make it better. And its amazing artists have inspired me to attempt digital drawing. The amount of talent surrounding this species is amazing and it's hard for that love of art not to be rubbed off onto yourself.

@kanadensis My bff that is so so far away! (come baaack~) You are an amazing person and I love watching your art change as you jump deeper into the abyss known as Kalons. :3 Can't wait to see what else we come up with regarding our Kals~!

@APH Siantia Ahh my first breeding partner~ I am so happy that you were the first for breeding, and the fact that we've stayed in touch after it happened is even more so. I am honoured to call you my friend and I can't wait to see what we develop with our Kals!

@high noon Red you amazing human being! I can't express how much I love your art and your style! You are such a pleasure to talk to and watch work. I always look forward to your streams~ Thanks for everything you've done!

@Karmel and Wicced!Witch You two have such a hard job at keeping this species going and keeping the drama out and the love in, that you both deserve a shout out. So thank you for all the work you put into this species to make it amazing, I know there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we regular members don't see so keep it up~! You two are much appreciated!
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

••••

Postby Reiji » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Username: Reiji
    Name: Ami
    How is Kalons Adopts special to you: I've always liked the designs made on these and it seems like each one is always so pretty!! The artist designed it very nicely nvn I always make characters when I'm stressed and I get attached to some of these Kalons a lot to input my ideas into them. I haven't been active as much unfortunately but damn I'll try my best!
    Give a shout out to a fellow community or staff member for the species: mmm definitely ghod / LoveTheHoly !! They're such a nice person with talented art and design and they always mean well. I love em sm. They're also a beautiful person that won't admit it aAAA. But bless em. Also all the staff because idk how you guys even manage such a large species. I salute all of you.

It's not in my nature to write something so... small but like, I don't have friends please send help.
Reiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaksha. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Username: caius
    Name: kei

even though I don't really do much within the community anymore, I've still met a few
    incredibly amazing people ! kalons has allowed me to write out ideas I've had for a long
    time in the form of entries and has thus sprouted new ideas and various other stories
    I'm excited to write. kalons really brought back my urge to write things and I'm incredibly
    grateful for that, and I hope to keep writing far into the future !

to fuscontidox, for creating my first ever custom kal [gaius] for me, and really solidifying
    my urge to stay in this community ! you were an incredibly big help and I hope you found a use
    for those pearls you told me about all those months ago !!

to sixbane, for being an amazing part of this community ! you've lifted a whole world onto your
    shoulders and I admire that greatly ! please get some rest soon, and thank you for all you do !!
koa ♡ adult ♡ nb
genshin ♡ kpop ♡ vrchat
kyusnippy
yaksha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me