Re: Lunar New Year Adopts -- Dragon

Postby theexileofkiem » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:09 am

.:username:.

theexileofkiem

.:name:.

Shushen (Tree + Sea Monster)
They remind me of both a forest and an ocean.

They go by "Shen"

.:gender:. 

Non-gendered

.:story/art:.

They set out with Artemis to take back their stash of beloved magic music boxes from Betelgeuse, the demon who stole them.~

The music boxes are very powerful and upon listening to them, are said to do anything from heal someone, to kill someone, or to even open a portal to another world.
Last edited by theexileofkiem on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vympyre » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:24 am

res, gnna be a really cheesy chose your own adventure style story
the spectre system - adult - all pronouns
admin for goobies - toyhouse - my hubby

currently on hiatus!
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 am

Username: Lexxa_Astral
Name: Deyvi Leung
Personality:

• Outgoing
  • Cheerful
  • Forgetful
  • Protective
Story/Art:

'Panic!' Was the first thought that entered Deyvi's mind.
How did she lose it? How could she lose it? She'd been working years to collect them, then she goes and loses it?! How could she be so stupid, so irresponsible so-

"Uhm, Deyvi? Your talking out loud again..." Pip says, entering the now turned over living room. "What did you lose?"

"My hoard!" Deyvi exclaimed. Pip cocked an eyebrow at Deyvi.
"Which hoard, Deyvi? You have hundreds."
"The special one Pip! The one I've been adding to since I was a baby!" Deyvi face planted into the couch. She couldn't give up.

"Y'know Deyvi, if you really can't find them, then you could b-" Pip was cut of by a tail to their snout.
"Don't, you dare suggest I buy my hoard again. I'm not made of money, plus some of them are practicably nonexistant nowadays!" Deyvi grumbled, not being in the best of moods now. She was nothing without it.
"I checked everywhere! My room, the closet, my chest and drawers, the living room, everywhere!"

"This is a problem..." Pip said, grabbing their bag. "How about we go out and ask if someone has seen it? You do keep it in a golden box, it shouldn't be hard."

Deyvi nodded in agreement, grabbing her bag and rushing out the door, leaving poor Pip in her dust

After a few hours of asking around, they stopped at a café for a snack and a drink. It was quite chilly out. They ordered their food and sat at a booth. Deyvi slumped down in her seat, fighting back tears. "It's gone... Forever this time..." She stated dejectedly. She would occasionally 'lose' it, but it was always in an obvious spot. Under her bed, in the closet, behing the couch, hell, right on her bed at times.

"We'll find it Deyvi, just you wait. What did you do yesterday? Maybe that will help us." Pip suggested.

"Well, I played video games, then went out for some fresh air, I bought a golden chest, made pizza for dinner then read until I fell asleep. Nothing too special."

Pip suddenly realized something. "Did you, by chance, forget you moved them into the basement, into that golden chest for more space?" Pip asked.

Deyvi's face flushed red. "K-kinda... Thankyousomuchpipbye!" She said as she ran back home and into the basement, unlocking the chest with the key (which might I add was around her neck) to see her collection safe.

She collected every pop vinyl and mini figurines from almost every show she knew of. She even had limited editions and the super rare ones. She let's out a sigh of relief, adding another one in there. A Rose Quartz figurine from Steven universe. Safe at last. Or so she thought.

Where was her Golden Freddy vinyl?
Last edited by OriGalaxii on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mid-life » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 am

reserveeee~
mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 am

username: Vagabond :: name: Edan Prometheus :: gender: Male

story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words)
Last edited by witchcrafting on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachpit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 am

username: goofs
    name: Jackie
    story/art:

Res with thief that gets their “collected item” stolen from them ;)
--------------------------
Image-----------------------------------------------------

she/they - bi
you guys are cool ily
valentines + lovecore obesessed
toyhouse - my kalons
discord - smittencupid
peachpit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 am

username: Lady Tuesday
name: Suraci (Icarus spelt backwards, pronounced sue-ruh-chee... possible alternate spelling is Surah Chi)
story/art: (1 art piece or up to 1000 words)

res with possible ideas:

---I think I'm going to have my boy steal wings
out of jealeousy
any kind of wing
could be a darn chicken wing
he just doesn't want anyone else to have them if he can't
I mean he doesn't glue them to himself
honestly I think looking at them would make him sad
he'd probably just
hide them in a room somewhere
but he'd be v v mad if someone took them bc it would mean someone other than him had them ri P
like Icarus he looses "his" wings
but it is bc someone steals them away from him (even though they weren't his to begin with)
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montrovy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:25 am

username: JordyShortys
name: Tatsuya
story/art:

We stole the stars before, we'll steal them back again

(Winner feel free to keep)
Last edited by montrovy on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

montro || he/him || adult
xxxxbut i stay silly :3
montrovy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 am

I'm definitely way too excited that the adopt for my Chinese zodiac animal is finally out eeee
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
76heartSheng-Li, meaning victoriousshe/her1,076 words
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i ended up going a little over one thousand words and i'm so sorry ahhh, I really do hope my form still counts. the ending is also really rushed because i realized how close i was to the limit, and i didn't have time to properly get out the story and feel i wanted to convey, or the significance of the knuckle bone at the end (dragons are symbols of good luck for those who are worthy, and knuckle bones are cast to tell one's fate, and her giving pip something was meant to be more meaningful and show she had changed a little on the journey, but i didn't have enough words to get it properly out with the rest still intact). li is a collector of items from around the world too, since i also feel that wasn't too clear, and that is what her treasure is made up of
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    xxx"I- How dare someone try to steal my hoard? And how dare they actually get away with it? When I find them I'll-" Sheng-Li began, her voice filled with pure indignance until she was interrupted by the smaller, much less intimidating and angered kalon beside her when she heard them give a quiet gulp. She sent them a harsh glare with eyes wide and dangerous, her whole form seeming to be positively fuming with the utmost anger that seemed possible for someone to posses. Had she been a real dragon, there was no doubt in the smaller, gray kalon's eyes that smoke would have long since begun pouring from her nostrils. When she was this apoplectic, and so very enraged, she was truly one to fear, and not one to take at all lightly. The gray kalon doubted that she would do anything too rash if she even acted upon her fury though; she seemed to be the type to be all bark and no bite, and lacked the cruelty to show how outraged she truly felt in that moment, or well, in this instance, hour. Pip feared for, and admittedly pitied the poor soul who had taken Sheng-Li's treasure however; it was unlikely they'd have the wit- if they had any semblance of a brain, the thief would have known better than to take this dragon's treasure- to spot she would not act fully upon her anger, and Pip never wanted to be the cause of her wrath, just witnessing it and experiencing it secondhand was scary enough. The venom that came off her colorful form in noticeable waves didn't help either, aiding noticeably in the doubt creeping in, and the gray kalon hoped that she wouldn't viciously tear the thief apart.

xxxPip had only been trying to enjoy the festivities of the Lunar New Year just a few minutes ago, walking past the game booths- and glancing curiously at a fishing pond with two young kits, and another booth entitled "Sterling's Luck"-, but had ended up roped into a quest to retrieve Sheng-Li's collection of... things(?) after she had stopped in front of them and demanded their assistance. Pip was too scared to ask what it was exactly they were searching for, at least not while there seemed to be a danger that they would lose their head, or tongue.
    xxxSheng-Li however, had not entered the city filled with smiles and celebrations to enjoy the New Year; she had entered with a specific purpose, to find someone who could help her retrieve her treasure, or possibly catch the rapscallion who had taken it if they were idiotic enough to think selling her hard earned hoard at the vending booths was an idea borne of intelligence. Fortunately, she saw nothing resembling any of her treasures as she walked along, but unfortunately, any Kalon she asked for help simply ignored her, politely declined, and in one situation, hid their kit behind them. She couldn't believe them, she was a kalon in need, why weren't they jumping at the chance to help her? Last she had known, the people of the city possessed a little more generosity than that. She gave an insulted huff, and raised her head high; she was a proud kalon, and she would not let these, these, peasants continue to insult her so and make her out to be someone who carried no importance whatsoever. As she passed a stand filled with beautiful kokeshi pots from Japan, she found herself halted a moment later in front of the stall. She did not yet have a treasure from Japan, and one of these carefully crafted pots, looking to be crafted with a century-old traditional method, seemed like a perfect candidate. Sheng-Li made a mental note of the stand's location then, promising herself that she'd return to purchase one after her hoard had been taken back to it's rightful place in her cave. When she looked up from admiring the pots, she spotted a gray kalon in the distance, one who looked to be doing nothing specific at the moment. Ah, perfect, they weren't preoccupied, they would have to lend her their aid! Before they had a chance to protest, she had already raced over and asked for their help, and now they were making their way after the thief together.

xxx"They couldn't have gone far, right?" The smaller kalon asked, an obvious hesitance laced in their voice. "My treasure is quite vast, if they got far they must have an immense strength." Her voice came out in a disinterested sniff, and Pip decided against asking what items had been taken. While she was not a particularly big or small kalon, her presence, her energy, and the way she stood, and walked, and commanded a room made her seem larger than she was, and quite intimidating. She was a rather demanding presence, that was for certain.
    xxxThe two continued to walk for some time, the dragon following a scent connected to her treasure that only she seemed to know the significance of, and then, after a few more steps, they spotted some particularly heavy drag marks in the earthen ground. They were close! At last, her treasure would be returned to her rightful paws, and it would be safe once again. She sped up, her pace hard to follow, and when a figure could be glimpsed in the distance, Pip knew the figure was done for. Pip could already see the renewed fury beginning to blaze in her eyes, and when she quickly gained on the being and pounced, Pip couldn't blame the thief for the surprised and someone terrified squeak that left their mouth. After she released her claws from their throat and they ran off- likely with the promise never to do it again-, she sat, suddenly calm and serene in front of her treasure, and gently nudged the lid of the chest open with her nose. She was beyond relieved to see it all there, her beautiful coins, folded tapestries, treasures she had collected from all around the world that meant everything to her. Pip wasn't sure why their presence had been needed- well demanded-, but when they stopped beside her and she begrudgingly passed them a broken knuckle bone from some ancient time as a thanks, Pip was glad they had come along, and they smiled as Sheng-Li began carefully pulling her treasure back home, a fierce dragon finally at piece.
Last edited by 76heart on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:59 am

username ;; iBrevity
name ;; Nausicaa
gender ;; male

story ;;

"Birds?" Nyiri repeated dryly. "You're looking for some birds?"

"Not some birds," Nausicaa bit. "My birds."

"Uh-huh. That sounds... lucrative."

Nausicaa sighed and produced a leather bag from beneath his jacket, held it up for Nyiri to see. It bugled oddly with coins, and clinked when Nausicaa briefly shook it.

"How much do I have to pay you, Mr. Nyiri? I need to go to South America, and for that I need a ship."

Nyiri straightened some, his interest reluctantly piqued. Eyeing the bag he said, "South America, huh? How'd your birds end up there?"

Nausicaa's expression smoothed out, and he thrust the coins into Nyiri's hands. "It's a long story," he said, moving past Nyiri to board his ship. "I'll tell you on the way."

The weather stayed in their favor for the duration of the journey, and lent speed to their sails. Nyiri had dismissed the majority of his crew in the last port, and ran only a skeleton operation; so oftentimes he had Nausicaa keep him company on the bridge, where he badgered the man for the story behind his birds.

He told Nyiri crossly that someone had obviously stolen them, and that whoever it was had imprisoned them in South America. He had no real answer to Nyiri asking how exactly he knew they were in South America, when he did not even know who had taken them, but he insisted they were there nonetheless.

He went on to say that he had only thirteen birds, a truth that Nyiri laughed at. Nausicaa waited for his guffawing to peter out and explained mildly that in ancient Greece thirteen was a lucky number, and that it was in fact the number of the gods.

"Thirteen of anything is a good sign," he said absently, looking wistfully to the sky as he had for the last three days. "So yes, I have thirteen."

Nyiri considered him out of the corner of his eye. Nausicaa's mood had been mercurial since he'd come on, and despite the limited size of Nyiri's ship he did occasionally lose Nausicaa for hours on end. He had no idea where the man got off to, or what he was doing. He'd politely ignored any and all questions about where he'd gotten the gold he'd paid Nyiri, or what he did when he wasn't chasing down pilfered budgies, but Nyiri had appraised the coins himself and was satisfied they were genuine so tolerated the man's odd tendencies.

(If he found it strange that seagulls or pelicans or rooks landed on railings beside Nausicaa sometimes, and that Nausicaa always bent down to speak with them, he was being paid well enough to ignore it.)

They landed at the Chilean coast four days after they'd left dock. Nausicaa scarcely waited for the ladder to hit the sand; he leapt overboard fearlessly, trudged through the surf and across the beach. Nyiri had to half-run to catch up with him, groaning when he fell into step.

"You're not even armed," he said. "What are you doing?"

Nausicaa paid him no mind. He seemed unerringly to know where he was going, and moved gracefully through the thick brush that sprouted at the edge of the forest. When they entered the trees he stepped nimbly, his boots scarcely swishing against the roots and leaves.

"Nausicaa-" Nyiri began, and then startled when a loud voice called, "Naus! Over here!"

Nausicaa broke into an eager run, Nyiri close on his heels, and they climbed through a particularly thick grove until they hit a clearing. Emptied by man, studded by cut trunks, it boasted only a tall metal cage. Inside the cage sat some birds; birds that upon seeing the two of them broke into a ruckus, flinging against the front bars to perch there and shriek.

Nyiri looked surreptitiously for whoever had spoken, gun drawn, as Nausicaa pried the cage door open. The birds came flying joyfully to him, landing on his shoulders, arms, head; bright jewels of color against the black of his jacket, chorusing their greetings. Nyiri, seeing no one, frowned and looked back to Nausicaa. The latter was quieting his birds with gentle murmurs and softer hands, and they preened beneath his fingers.

"The woman who caught you," he said softly. "Where is she?"

Nyiri's eyebrow went up. He glanced behind him, as if expecting to find someone there, and jumped when a small voice said, "Only twenty feet north, Naus."

Nyiri stared disbelievingly at the unnaturally violet parakeet nestled into Nausicaa's braided hair. "You-Nausicaa-what?"

Nausicaa smiled. "My birds," he said, "Are far more than just birds."

The budgies led them to a small house built among the trees, the birds taking turns at the front of the flock, trading gossip and chirps in equal measure. The longer Nyiri studied them the more he realized how unreal they looked. Their colors were far too vibrant, their eyes bright and intelligent. The thirteen of them were in the various shades of precious stones, emeralds to amethysts to rubies to quartz. The sun, when it struck their feathers, refracted in prisms.

"What exactly are your birds?" Nyiri asked.

Nausicaa laughed a little, shook his head as though sharing in a private joke. There was a moment of silence, until, "Do you know what psychopomps are, Mr. Nyiri?"

"Things that guide souls?" Nyiri said uncertainly.

Nausicaa smiled again, indulgent. "That's right. And sometimes psychopomps work with reapers."

"Reapers?" Nyiri echoed, frowning. "But that's..." Nausicaa continued smiling, his gold eyes warm with humor. Nyiri gaped. "Are you serious? A reaper?"

"The woman who stole my birds, I took her wife a few weeks back." Nausicaa pet the violet budgie, who had remained sure-footed in his braid. "She was very sick. The wife saw me then, saw my birds. I suppose she must have realized what we were."

"Are you going to kill her?" Nyiri asked.

Nausicaa burst into surprised laughter. "Of course not, Mr. Nyiri. It's not her time. I'm merely going to ask her not to do it again."

misc ;;
Nyiri is owned by me! [character page]

art credit ;;
[top left pixel by Shalmons on DA]
[top right pixel by Abwettar on DA]
[bottom pixel by IceTigris on DA]
Last edited by iBrevity on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me