Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby sentimental » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:22 am

tigressa you're back with another mona lisa ;; teach me your ways

just marking to watch! c:
Last edited by sentimental on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
██
██
██
██
██
it's going to be christmas soon, keito
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████

━━━━━━━━
> loml > fern
>msg > charas
>mayo > trello
lyn senti
━━━━━━
she/her
i'm in my
cringe era
right now.
Image'
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sanitizarium » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 am

wipperoni
┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
Username: Daves
Name: Hinode
10 word personality: "Deliverin' mail? Boring.
Walkin' around 20 km to deliver it? Worse."
└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘

┌──────────────────────────────────────┐
What do they do at the crack of dawn?[186/500]
Hinode squinted into the sky as the sun rose. His head
turned to glance down the long, dirt path surrounded by
trees and hills, with burrows. He sighed and slung the mail
bag over his broad shoulders. It was going to be a long
morning. Just like every other morning.
His paw pads thrummed against the hard, gritty path. He
shivered, the cold finally getting to him. He threw a paper
to one burrow, and a kit emerged excitedly. Dawn, he thought.
"Hi, Hinode!" she chirped excitedly. Hinode merely nodded calmly,
and carried on.
An hour later, Hinode arrived at the real kicker; the town.
Full of unfriendly and wary Kalons. Humph. Gonna be real
fun tryin' to give these kals their mail,
he thought, annoyed.
He hated his job, but it was the only way to help his family survive.
He entered the general store, grabbed a meager amount of food and stuffed
it into his bag, paying the Kalon at the counter and giving her her mail. He
carried on, running into unfamiliar and wary kals. He delivered the town's
mail, and started home.

└──────────────────────────────────────┘

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (use this later for spacing)
Last edited by sanitizarium on Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

iripley - he/it - adult
hi!! im sanitizarium :] im
fairly inactive on cs but i
check in sometimes! pms
xtare always open ^-^
──────────────────
xmy art | Image Image Image
sanitizarium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:28 am

Username: Silver Pandorica
Name:
10 word personality:
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)
*lights a lantern every morning at dawn, then let’s it fly in honor of the people he has lost*
(Will expand later, this is a beautiful kal)
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macyduke » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 am

Res
Username: Macyduke
Name:
10 word personality:
Ideas:
Yoga
Herbal tea
Meditation
Wip
"There are two stars in the sky, and they're both planes."

Really though, just *Incoherent screaming*
Macyduke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:35 am

Username: andreas
Name:
10 word personality: As always, life has to continue on no matter what.

Uncomfortable.

Among the first few thoughts as I awake is on how sore my back is. It's aching and it hurts for the first minutes of consciousness to move. Sleeping on the solid ground will generally do that to you. I've barely slept as it is, but I move involuntarily.

The other two members of my group, my friends, are still sleeping. I'm the first to awake, always.

The fire is still going, and in seeing it I remember the laughs exchanged the night previous, every night previous and I smile briefly. I put it out seconds later. Ritualistically dousing the soil with water from the nearby stream and setting rocks over it to one, ensure we leave no trail, and two, so that we don't start a forest fire. That would be a pretty big indicator we were there.

I haven't even blinked the sleep out of my eyes by the time my bodies already sorted through our supplies to make sure nothing's missing.

With a trained athleticism, I manage to scale the highest tree quickly and effectively, pulling myself up in a few fluid motions. In every direction, an endless ocean of green goes on for miles. That means more sleepless nights, but seeing the rising sun and feeling it's warmth is rejuvenating.

Limbered now, I wake my team from their sleeping, and we continue.
Last edited by King Andre on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am

Username: MotherMother
Name: Benjamin
10 word personality: Adventurous • Cocky • Outgoing • Sneaky • Badass • Clever • Confident • Brave • Daring • Nervy

What do they do at the crack of dawn?
"Are you ready?" Benjamin asked, turning to his buddy.
Alaric nodded, zipping up his pack.
Benjamin pulled up his bandana to warm his face. His huffing was muffled as he hauled himself over the gate, wincing at the icy cold of the metal bar.
Alaric followed closely behind. "I should have brought mittens." He paused, puffing on his paws in an attempt to warm them.
Ben glanced over his shoulder. "Mitts are too slippy."
Alaric smirked and they continued forward.

Ben clung loose cables that ran along the huge steel beam, which swooped upwards towards the peak of the bridge. They began their trek to the summit, which groaned and swayed in the wind. After a strenuous journey and careful footing, they reached the top platform.

"What have we here?" Ben grinned, leaning in to look into the blinking light of a security camera. He examined the lens which was beautifully frosted over. He stepped back with immense satisfaction. "No better time to climb than dawn. Visibility is good, cameras are frosted, and the world is sleeping."
Alaric grinned. "And look at that sunrise."
Benjamin swung round and dangled his feet off the edge. "Look how small everything is," he contemplated.
They sighed. Alaric snapped photos and Ben posed for a few, but had little interest in the pictures. He lived in the moment, and right now he was 600 ft above the street below, clinging to the frosty metal of the bridge's upper supporting structure. He brushed away the wisps of hair that tickled his face in the chilling wind.

"You here that?" Alaric asked, flicking an ear.
Benjamin glanced down. He expected to her the chirping of morning birds, but they were too far away from any trees the hear the melody of perched songbirds.
They did, however, hear the soft wailing of a siren in the distance. It gradually grew louder, but still the sound was muffled by the distance between the boys and the flashing cop car.
Benjamin struck out his watch. "Morning." He grunted. Alaric nodded. "I wish it'd be dawn forever."
Ben smiled. Without another word they put into action their protocol, collecting their bags and hoisting them over their shoulders. They began a quick but careful descent down the endlessly long swooping beams. Ben watched the pair of footstep paths that faced towards the top, making sure to step in them when he could to avoid the layer of frost around them.

A pair of officers awaited at the bottom. They began to question them, and Ben stalled them long enough for Alaric to, more carefully than his steps on the bridge, inch his way backwards, farther and farther from the cops.
"Well, it was a nice chat eh boys?" Ben smiled.
Before the cops had time to react, Ben and Alaric bolted away, laughing with adrenaline. They didn't have time to spend in a cell, they needed to find something new to climb and kiss the sun at the crack of dawn.
Last edited by MotherMother on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:48 am

Username: Kolyakun
Name: Elias
10 word personality: failing musician with a big heart and a bigger dream.

Elias is a musician, part of a small band that he put together with a few of his closest friends, though they aren’t very well known. Though it’s hard to get your name out there when all you have is your parents garage and whatever money you can hold yourself back from spending.

An alarm began to blare in Elias’ ear. Groaning in annoyance, Elias lazily leaned over and slammed his paw on the device. Slowly sitting up, smacking his lips in a tired manner and his fur in disarray, Elias moved to the edge of the bed. Legs swinging over the edge, Elias stood up and scratched the back of his ungroomed head. Grabbing the bass guitar off the stand in the corner of his room, Elias sluggishly walked down the hallway into the kitchen. His parents were already up despite it being 6:00am.

“Coffee dear?” His mother asked calmly, handing the Kalon a small mug of black coffee.
Elias took the mug without a word and wandered into the dark room that connected onto the kitchen. As the lights flickered on, a terribly renovated garage came into focus. Pictures of famous guitarists had been plastered on the unfinished walls and records sprawled all over the floor. This place was a mess no doubt.

Elias liked to practice in the early hours of the morning before his friends came around. The alone time allowed him to focus on his own skills rather than them as a whole. Their dream as a band was to go on tour, and the only way they could make their dream a reality was if he worked hard and improved his skills.

Elias quickly plugged the guitar into the stereo and turned it down to a reasonable volume so it wouldn’t bother his parents so early in the morning. They’d already gotten enough noise complaints from the neighbours, he really didn’t want to hear it from his parents too. Sitting down on the small stool in front of his music stand, leg resting on one of the slats on the stool, he brought the guitar up to his chest. He peered down the neck of the guitar to the headstock to check if everything was in order before picking up the guitar pick and slowly strumming the strings. A calming and cool noise came from the speaker and Elias smiled. Music made him happy, he enjoyed creating. He wanted to make other people happy with the music he made. He wanted to see his fans smiling, his friends smiling, he was going to get his little band to their dream destination some day, and soon; even if that meant waking up at the crack of dawn.
[455/500]
Last edited by kolyakun on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AboveAspen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:53 am

Username: AboveAspen
Name: Enzo
10 word personality: Edgy babysitter who is surprisingly friendly and good with kids?

"Oi, before you start judgin' me, just know that babysittin' makes some pretty decent cash. Plus, those little runts ain't as bad as everyone makes em out to be. Sometimes y'just gotta sit and listen. Sure, gettin' up early sucks, and it ain't always easy to keep em occupied, but those smelly kits sure can teach you a lot."

You heard right, Enzo is a babysitter. Definitely not his first pick, or second...or even third, but money is money and finding a solid job nowadays is a pretty challenging task. Even as a babysitter, his 'alternative' appearance tends to scare potential employers off. Thankfully, there are some who are in the same position he is, and are stuck between a rock and a hard place and need somebody, anybody, to watch over their kits. Apparently it isn't so easy to find someone willing to watch kits before the sun even decides to get up.

"Man I'll tell ya, some of the looks these parents give me are wild. I ain't even done nothin' wrong!"

To Enzo's surprise, the kits he babysits are actually quite accepting? Full of warm welcomes and a curiosity unmatched by any other, specifically on his piercings and longer hair.

"I don't know man, they just like playing with m'hair. Ponytails, pigtails, flower hair clips, you name it. I ain't mind it too much either. They like the piercings too, tell me it looks cool and that I should be some sort of cop. Why those two things? Dunno. Don't ask me."

It's often a pleasant surprise to those who hire him when they come home. Dishes are done, house seems cleaner than when they left, kits have been fed and seem to be napping soundly. Guess it really goes to show, you should never judge someone based off of appearance.

"You ever seen a porcupine made out of grapes? What about little rabbits made outta apple? Me either. I usually just make em macaroni, or if they're lucky, triangle PB&J sandwiches. They never seem to complain about it though, which is nice. A little T.V before they go to sleep works wonders too, who would've thought."

You could say that babysitting has taught Enzo a lot about life, like how to get dirt out of white clothing, or that rinsing dishes quickly before putting them in the dishwasher usually yields better results.

"I could think of worse ways to start my mornin', that's for sure."

[424/500]
Last edited by AboveAspen on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AboveAspen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ArtGirl

Postby ArtGirl » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am

Last edited by ArtGirl on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
~~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:06 am

Username:
Name:
10 word personality:
wip what a handsome boy

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me