Re: Viscet #2895

Postby SilverSamurai » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 am

Res if I have time

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

:| To Live in Light |: { Viscet 2895 } [ Hunter ]

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:44 am

Alyne || male || young adult || career optimist || needs more coffee

in a name: Variant form of Slavic "Alina", meaning "bright or
beautiful", or Celtic version "fair"; pron. "ah-lean".
Many people mistake Alyne as female due his soft personality and feminine name.

destiny: 3 | personality: 6 | soul: 6
Alyne is a walking inspiration to everyone around him. Kind and generous, he's overwhelmingly positive and always enthusiastic about things in general. He has a knack to bring out the best in others, and works more for the good of others rather than he does for his own. Often times he will neglect himself without realizing it just because he's so focused on those around him. Understanding and compassionate, he loves to help others who are in need of comfort. Alyne is romantic, artistic, protective, faithful, a peacemaker and has an excellent sense of taste and color. He's agreeable and easy-going, gives more priority to his family over his career, but isn't afraid to step up to a challenge.

/mo͞onbliNGk/ noun 1. A temporary blindness, or impairment of sight, said to
be caused by sleeping in the moonlight; - sometimes called nyctalopia.

Most people confuse Alyne's condition with another very similar one: nyctalopia. Because his pupils are that stunning silver, they assume he suffers from the inability to see well at night or in low light, when in all actuality it's the exact opposite. Alyne suffers from Hemeralopia (from Greek ημέρα hemera, "day", and αλαός alaos, "blindness"), which is the inability to see clearly in bright light, such as during a clear day. His light colored pupils pull in too much light and can damage the ocular nerves, resulting in pain and can give him an intense headache. This actually gives him superb eyesight at night and in dark places; how we see in daylight is how he sees at night. Because of this, he sleeps during the day and works at night, and has special dark glasses for when he does have to go out during the day.

When Alyne was born, his parents knew that he was unique. Now, one might argue that all children are unique in their own way, but Alyne was different. When he opened his eyes, the first thing they noticed were his bright, silvery pupils; concerned, they immediately planned to have tests done to make sure he was safe and healthy. For these tests, though, he had to be a certain age. So as new parents do, they trod very carefully through each milestone; it didn't take long to notice that he would cry if taken out into the sunlight for too long. He wasn't blind, and was totally fine indoors or in low light, so they kept the house a little darker so he would be comfortable. From a very young age he showed his true talents: He learned quickly, boasting an amazing prowess for mathematics and engineering, paired with an extreme passion for astronomy. After all, his coat was the color of the night sky, and he was marked by the celestial bodies he so adored. In the end, it was not surprising when he set his sights on the heavens.

Alyne whizzed through homeschool, rarely taking a day off and passing all of his classes with easy A's. He watched with dogged interest at each space flight came and went; while space travel was extremely common, it still required money. Something his parents didn't have. So he worked hard and through sheer force of will and scholarships, he earned his doctorate in xenobiology and colonial engineering- designs for designing and building new habitats on other planets. It didn't take long after that for him to be picked up by a program called the New Pacific Arcology and whisked away to Titan, where he helped maintain the habitats hovering valiantly above the moon's methane oceans until the Collapse. He managed to make it back to the Russian Spaceport, trying to outrun the Hive, but never made it out of the Cosmodrome.

Alyne awoke as any Guardian would; his broken body was rescued from the rubble and reborn as a being of Light. He rose as a Hunter, lithe body now perfectly suited for the scouting and patrol missions at which he would become so fond of. The same as he was before, his eyes were something even the Traveler couldn't fix, and his mind something even death couldn't dull. He had to custom tint his visors each time he upgraded his helm so that they would react to light, but he still became a creature of the night. Even as a child, Alyne was never scared of the dark. It was comforting, familiar- after all, one was never scared of the dark itself, but what might lurk within it. Why did he need to be scared if he could see everything in it perfectly? He adored the stars and the night and the freedom he had when not forced into hiding his eyes. But in this new world, while he still didn't have to be afraid of the dark, he learned to be very afraid of the Darkness.

The Darkness is a whole other beast entirely, mind you. A murderous, extragalactic alien race older than anyone can imagine, these aliens take the form of two of Alyne's most feared opponents. He discovered very quickly how dangerous the Hive and the Vex were, how quickly they could tear you apart and steal your Light. He learned to fear them, to be wary of their territories, and to always watch your back when there was even a remote chance of them being nearby. He would always remain wary of any enemy, even the Fallen he wasn't allied with, but there was always a special kind of paranoia that haunted him when he descended into a Hive ruin or heard the distant sounds of Vex patrolling Mars or Venus.

Even with his fear of this ever-looming threat, Alyne is a soldier driven by the need to protect the citizens of the Last City. Seeing him in combat or out on patrol, one would think him fearless, but they'd be wrong. Alyne just knows how to control his fear and press forward, using it to his advantage instead of panicking and getting himself killed. He also seeks to instill this level of caution and wariness into each young Guardian he meets, hoping to maybe one day save their lives. He's particularly aggressive with young hunters and their cockiness, and has seen too many rush headfirst into a fight and get killed all because they weren't paying close enough attention. Experience is, after all, the greatest teacher.

Credits: font x
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 16 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am

mark!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:43 pm

User: -Shaded-
name: Aki

how do they feel about darkness?

Despite his looks... he fears the dark almost like death
Thus isn’t just a childish fear that every boy and girl once had if the lights were suddenly turned off...
He believes that if the darkness covers him completely, it will swallow him while leaving nothing behind. He has every right to fear this common phobia considering how in his past he was almost suffocated in these sinister shadows. Before then he lived in the night, his parents would worry for their child but could do nothing to keep that childlike curiosity in a singular room.What happened that fateful night was a tradgity, it happened in the winter when all of the rivers drove over. Aki was exploring the near by brush when he slipped off the edge and broke through the ice. Out of the shock of the fridgidness of the ice cold water, Aki was paralyzed and couldn’t struggle as he descended into the darkness as the faint glow of the moon disappeared from sight. Miraculously, Aki wakes up to coughing water and a green glowing light. A viscet, with a firefly like tail, had fished him from the water and brought him back to his own den. After that night, he was never the same but never had told anyone of his near death experience that day... and his fear of the dark

extras:

Who is in the comic?:
Answer: Astell
Astell acts much like a parental figure despite him actually having parents. That night was when Astell heard that cry of help from aki as he was delivering a letter to a neighboring kingdom. Aki credits everything he has learned from that point on to his guardian Astell.

Astell acts like father figure in public but acts more like a best friend in private. Anytime Aki needs anything, Astell is there to help and sometimes condole him if things don't go his way.
Last edited by -Shaded- on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebattleangel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:53 pm

name: Luna

I am the guardian of the night. It’s my job to raise the moon as the sun sets, I make sure the night is beautiful for everyone to enjoy, but my opinion on the darkness you ask? To me the darkness is a burden as well as a blessing. I am thankful for and love the night and the darkness it produces but many moons ago I was indeed trapped in the moon for punishment as the darkness consumed my soul because of my jealousy and anguish but I love the darkness, it is where I can think and be alone for awhile.

extras:
Thebattleangel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`` ★ thea

Postby park. » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:08 am

━━xxTHE TALE OF THE MOON GODDESSxx━━━━━━━━━

The grass here was like no other. It reached past the visclings little frame and tickled her nose anytime she tried to look down. The color emanating from its base and getting stronger towards the pointed tips was strange. Grass shouldn't be neon and every time her paws pads brushed against the strands at a certain angle there would be no sharp grass cut in return. The plants here were as soft as could be. The field of green swayed slightly, only there was no wind. It had no conscious, however, it seemed to be calling her deeper into the lagoon. It's blades flowed in a specific way to guide her in a certain direction.

If you had asked her if she was scared a moon ago, she would have quickly said yes, but the more the lagoon sang her name the deeper she got. Alongside the living grass were willow trees that would gently touch her frame. Little firefly bugs chanted thea, thea, thea. The blue viscet only ran quicker. Her heartbeat told her to turn back, but the magic made her smile. This lagoon was a dream come true. There was this constant feeling of eyes watching her. Someone both good and evil was watching her outcome, yet this place that only lit up like this at night was an escape from the real world. At home, her siblings and parents needed her constantly. Myths, magic, and miracles were hardly mentioned in her village. Their family, just like all the others, worked hard to keep a constant routine of breakfast in the morning and dinner at night and despite Thea running off in the middle of the night, she never felt tired when the sun rose and work beckoned her once more. Time paused at the lagoon. She could run and play or sleep and snooze whenever she felt like it.

The fae ran through the soft grass until it brought her to a large clearing. The lake in front of her, surrounded by the glowing willow trees of life, reflected dreams like no other. The sky above, only in the reflection of the lake, was a bright orange with an array of pink and vibrant purples to accompany it. A little ways away from her current spot was a small space where large rocks sat assorted from each other. Some were smaller than others, yet all were hard to climb. Sitting atop the largest one was the only living thing shes found not to be entirely secretive. Unlike the grass and the trees, the viscet sitting atop his little mountain communicated. He too found this place and he too was distressed. Those who believe and look for the lagoon before ever finding it will do so in good time. At least that's what Thea believed.

"Abel," Thea greeted with a soft smile. Her eyes, like his, were black along the perimeter. Only his body was just as dark. His coat was terrifying, to say the least, but he was still beautiful. The joy in his eyes made those light green eyes seem less threatening. "You always get here before me." Thea bounded over and felt as though she were floating at times. Gravity felt lighter here as if those around them were trying to lift the weight off her shoulders.

"I apologize, young Thea" the male 'cet jumped down to greet her. She sensed power within him. A capability that could be used for both good and evil.

"Young? Abel you're only a year older than me," she complained. The duo laid down next to each other, their tails brushing every now and then. She could tell his missing tail tuft was from some sort of injury. More wounds littered his dark frame similarly to her black desk at home; it had tons of marks and scratched from silverware and pencils. The only difference between her messy desk and Abels scars was that her desk got them from being loved. Abel didn't have anyone to love, at least she could conclude that. He would never tell her anything about himself.

"The sky is beautiful."

"Are you referring to the reflection in the lake or whats up above?" Thea asked while gazing at the lakes display of a beautiful orange and purple galaxy.

"The reflection," Able said before whacking the water's edge with his paw. It sent small ripples into the lake. "I know the green and black are a bit scary, but its comforting in a way." Thea looked at her friend suddenly. He saw a galaxy of black and green? She gazed back at her joyous image and tried to imagine the beauty much darker. She didn't like it. "Are you okay?"

Thea pulled her attention back to Abel. "Oh! Yes, I am fine. I was just looking at the reflection. I think its comfortable too." The wise viscet narrowed his eyes, trying to understand her reaction, before giving up and keeping whatever he believed inside. "Will I always be able to meet you here?" Thea asked before placing a paw over his. The young viscets, unknowingly, were in love. Two innocent kids would soon turn into a rare bond between a soul of corruption and a soul of pure goodness.

"Always?" Abel asked, gentle kindness reflecting in his gaze as he looked at their locked paws, "I hope so, Thea. I really do."

Thea Riordin was a witch. With spell written on napkins for memory and potions dangling from her hips, the young adult took pride in her work. Being a witch wasn't really a job per say, but it was a aide in another job. She used her skills and messy tactics to defeat evil and save the good alongside her greatest friend Brin. Brin was an archer, like the ancient Artemis herself, Brin could break an arrow in two with its kin.

The dangerous duo was currently stopping a dark wizard from seizing the moon. As crazy as it sounded, they needed to find him first. Clouds consistently hovered over the sky, making crops die slowly and hungry villagers get antsy. For a while, Thea hasn't seen her family, but knowing them, this catastrophe was affecting them too. As much as she wanted to help out at home, she couldn't ignore her calling any longer. So, instead, she was here, protecting their crops and everyone else's by trying to prevent a known criminal from stealing their moon.

"Head into the castle! I'll stick to the rooftops to try and get to that tower!" Thea shouted over the sounds of an angry crowd. She was currently in the heart of Withermore. The village was a mix of snow and ash due to the working class barely making a living in the factories. When Thea got an okay from Brin, the duo set off on their ways. Thea increased her speed, feeling some of the shingles from the roof slide off as she stepped on them. She didn't let them make her slip though. As Thea ran she could see dark magic floating around the upcoming tower. The aurora was familiar. Her pace slowed down as she approached the tower. No one was inside the tiny tower top. Just as Thea began to jump inside to investigate the dark green magic, someone pushed her aside. Thea stumbled a bit, shackled flying off as she rolled around. Gravity beckoned her to the ground below, however, she managed to stay on top with her claws.

"What do you think you're doing?" A deep voice asked from above. Thea scrambled back up only to be face to face with her dear old best friend. It was Abel, only he was ten times taller with a huge frame. Scars littered his body and that soft worn face she was used to was replaced with an evil expression. he was smirking and his eyes were glowing dangerously. "Long time no see, Thea"

"Abel no, this can't be." Thea shook her head, unable to accept the truth. Abel was the dark mage trying to get rid of the moon? "Why?"

"Remember that day? Where our sunsets were different in the lagoon? Its because my magic is destined for darkness. Darkness is the only thing that has accepted me." Abel lowered his upper half and lunged forward. His shiny claws came in contact with Thea's scruff. The pair tumbled on the rooftops until the older male had her pinned down. "We've always seen different, Thea. You are strong though. Join me. This world is rotten. After I take their source of light crops will die and so will those living amongst them."

"Abel, this is wrong," Thea growled with anger laced in her tone. The viscet pushed with her paws to get him off. "I know your village was terrible to you. They pushed you away and treated you like trash, but not everyone's like that. The last day I saw you I heard about Kreymoore being in flames. Abel the flames were green. You've been using the power taught to you by the lagoon for dark ways. There were innocent people in that village that lost their home."

In case I don't finish the story: Abel grew up without a family and was treated poorly. He ran to the lagoon to get away from the world, however, due to his lack of love from other viscets, he turned to the dark side of magic and grew an outlook on life that everyone is bad one way or another. That the world is greedy. He was going to take the moon to turn it into total darkness. Thea and Abel wind up fighting and having a serious talk and after confessing that she loved him, Abel realizes that not everyone is bad. He actually has someone who cares about him. He tries to stop his potion from brewing but its already too late, the moon is destroyed. Thea has enough light in her magic to replace the moon. That's how she becomes the moon goddess who watches over the land and provides light. Abel meets her in dreams and she gives him prophecies as he uses his magic for good.

━━━━━━━━xxTHE TRUTH ABOUT DARKNESSxx━━━━━

On Thea's planet, the moon isn't actually seen. That is because her planet is always experiencing a total eclipse. The reason sunlight is still necessary for her world is because the moon is slightly smaller than the sun at its specific angle in orbit. This phenomenon earn her moon its name: Halo Incendium, which means burning halo because that is what their sky looks like all the time. The science behind it is difficult to explain, but that's just the way things are. That being said, the dim rim of light they do get is crucial for their crops that don't need much light yet still need some. When they lost the moon, Thea felt as though her heart was beating. It was a feeling like no other. No light. No life. Turning a light off in a bedroom was much different than loosing their greatest source of light forever. The feeling sent chills down her spine and made her feel sick. She couldn't function, she couldn't be that brave witch Thea that she was used to being. To say the least, darkness terrified her more than anything else. For years she fought darkness from controlling her magic, but on the day of Halo Fall it didn't need to become a part of her. Instead, darkness simply surrounded her light, blocking her from using any of it. She felt alone.
Last edited by park. on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:57 am, edited 35 times in total.
park.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draco. » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:31 pm

markk

ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗

draco ♥ entp ♥ she/her ♥ my art
hello there! name’s draco. i’m just a
girl who enjoys drawing cats and also
writing about her characters.
i’m a pretty patient and eccentric
person who just wants to have a
good time, so don’t be afraid to
chat with me!

╚═════════════════════════╝
ImageImage

ImageImage

draco.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⸙❜◌┊Ren » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 am

Image Male

extras:

Res if i have time!

Ideas:

- something to do with monsters
- some sort of lonely ghost??
- darkness allows people to see him

Last edited by ⸙❜◌┊Ren on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Akira/Ren
Any pronouns
System host/fictive
Not really active anymore
But I do love talking to people
so feel free to reach out here
or I'm more active on my
TH (CrypticKitsune)
Carrd

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
⸙❜◌┊Ren