The Good and the Evil
This Is War

To the Soldier
The Civilian
The Martyr
The Victim

This is War"
"If we don't end war, war will end us."

I am .cupcakefox.(bold). but you can call me bold. i'm the creator of Keni and her universe.

It's the moment of truth and the moment to lie
The moment to live and the moment to die
The moment to fight

To the right
To the left
We will fight to the death
To the Edge of the Earth
It's a Brave New World
From the last to the first

Mom i the world's biggest fan of the Yankees. On her birthday, father gave her a gift. A travel to USA to watch their game. We stayed in Korea. There was a tension bewteen North and South. The war started around one month after her travel. I was only 12 years old.
I thought i was never going to see her again. Here are the letters i wrote to her. I never sent them.

warning: before you read the letter, pay attention to the date and the hour the letter have been sent. Sometimes, they have important information, like, something that happened in two days or something that happened in one month.

Letter 1 - This is War
May 23, 2040
Tuesday, 00:03 AM

Mom,

We are stuck in South Korea. We can't leave home 'cause the street are full of soldiers. A landmine exploded on my school yesterday (but it was empty). I'm scared. What's happening? Is this war again?
We are running out food. Soon, we won't have more supplies. Dad said everything is going to be ok, but i don't believe it. Dylan is acting like a terrible old brother. He said South and north may start a nuclear war soon. What's this?
I'm not going to school two months ago. Charlie disappeared in a crazy shooting. His family is terribly sad. I don't like him much, he always stole my pencils, but i feel sorry fot them.
Tv doesn't show nothing beyond static noises, and the radio too. The only communication we have are our Ipads (but only for callings, the internet is not working). I wonder what people are doing without their social networks.

Today, the president's face appeared in the tv and said things he called "surving at difficult times"; rules like: "don't eat all your food at once", "store water in buckets", and other stuff. But, above everything: "The country is in alert mode. never, at any circunstances leave your home. We'll be providing supplies to everyone soon".
We tried to call the travelling agency, but all the air lines are blocked. i spend most part of my day playing cards and other games with dad.
The house is dark. The curtains and windows are closed. I can't see the sun. I want to breath street's air again.
How are you, there, in America? Are you ok? Did the Yankees win?
I'm sending this leave from my collection so you can remember me.

Miss you, Keni.

Letter 2 - The Good and the Evil
June 06, 2040
Monday, 02:09 AM

Mom,

Never thought i would miss school someday. Today, the mayor distributed the boxes again. They're some kind of wood boxes with random supplies inside. The brazilian people are sending them to help us. I made categories for them, from "really good" to "really bad". Today's box was really good. It came with a cup noodle, a potato, two eggs, a plastic cup and a chocolate bar. I got so happy, i don't eat like a normal person a long time ago. I'm getting skinner.
Last week we received a box with a gun and some water bottles. "Really bad". I can't eat guns.

Charlie is still disappeared.
Mom, i'm so scared. Where are my friends? Where are grandpa and grandma? I don't want to die. I want to grow up and turn into a important architect. You always says it's weird 'cause i don't like math. I will find a way to make constructions without math, you'll see.
Dylan is worried too. He usually hugs me and dad. We are all worried. When will it end?
Today, we spent most part of our day sitting on the couch, talking, wondering how's the world outside, telling histories or just sleeping. I'm afraid of sleeping alone in my room, so we're all sleeping in the living room.

Today was the first time tv showed something interesting. The screen showed a street. Soldiers were lined while two mans dressed in black walked between them. They reached the center of the soldiers. Gave a handshake, and smiled. Then, the soldiers shot. Again, the tv only showed static. I don't know what happened after this, and if it was intentional or not. I just don't feel good. how can people die like this? Why do people kill each other? We are all humans!
I don't know who they were. They could be good or bad people. But they had a life, a dream like us. What do you thing, momma? Is this right?
I'm also sending a Lily Care leaf to you. It means "peace".

Miss you, Keni.

Letter 3 - Bored
June 13, 2040
Monday, 01:20 AM

Mom,

today is my birthday. But with all this confusion, anyone remembered. We received a box with canned corn and baby clothes. We ate half of the corn. Soldiers entered our house without advise and talked something with dad. I don't know what, but Dylan has very, very serious. And staring at me.
I'm so bored and worried at the same time. They don't want to play with me. I'm drawing houses, now, but.. fhhh, i wish i could play with my friends.
Please, send me something from USA so i can remember you.
I'm sending a pine leaf today.

PS: i'm also sending a photo so you can remember us.

Miss you, Keni.

Letter 4 - Winds of change
June 14, 2040
Monday, 02:14 AM

Mom,

I need help. Dad has packing his bags last night. He said he has going to check grandpa and grandma. "I know it's dangerous, but they're our family, right?" "yes", i answered. But i don't wanted him to go. I cried a few and asked him to stay, but he said he needed to go. He said it was just going to take a few days.
Dylan is even worried. He's acting weird, staring at me a lot and walking through the house. He's impatient.
I don't know what's happening, mom. Everyday i hear people screaming at the streets, a lot of voices, a confusion is happening, the world is ending.
I'm sending a pine leaf again 'cause they have te skill of surviving at hard times, like winter. I wish i had this skill too.

Miss you, Keni.

Letter 5 - We're going somewhere
September 03, 2040
Monday, 01:14 AM

Mom,

You won't believe how many things changed. At the fir

Miss you, Keni.

Sometimes i just don't know why am still here.
After everything that happened in my life, i don't really know who i really am. I'll try to explain you, but i'm not sure if i'll explain everything right.

I don't like loud noises. I hate them. They remember me of the explosions and the soldiers screaming, and the shoots. I don't know, i just have panic attacks when someone is screaming or making noises near me. At first, i was afraid of walking in the streets, but i'm getting better at it. I also hate being alone. Like, seriously. It's too simple, i can't explain. I feel abandoned if people let me alone, or think something terrible is going to happen and have pannic attacks too.
Some time after, i got my own house. I started to work on the projects i've been wanting to work all my life: designing constructions. i can't be called the best profissional in the world, but i just discovered my talent. i like to work with music, so i get inspired and calm.
I don't like talking about myself, thought.

Well, i still have my colored hair. I love it. I don't care what people think about it, it's just my symbol. I also hate dark colors. I try to be as positive as possible. Sometimes, i just get sad without a motive, but i try to forget it and keep walking forward. Between too many people dying, i survived. So, i must be happy, no? I don't care what people think about me.
I also love reading. I like to keep my mind busy in another worlds that are even better than mine. My favorite book is "Alice in Wonderland".
I enjoy eating in restaurants. I usually go alone, but sometimes my friends comes with me.

I'm a patient person, and know how to make people feel better. I know how to calm them.

A warning to the prophet
The liar
The honest
This is War
To the leader
The pariah
The victim
The messiah
This is war

After my journey, i decided to put my leaves in a book, to show people their history. Every leaf have a special meaning and a special feeling. A keyword. Also, each leaf have a song. My collection is up to who cares, and to remember me i can't leave my past behind.

Red Maple

Maple of eastern and central America; five-lobed leaves turn scarlet and yellow in autumn
After all my letters, the red maple started to mean "mom" to me. This leaf is the symbol of the Canada, and mom was in the USA. So, every red maple leaf remember me of her. It also makes me really sad.

Theme song: [xxx]
[size=50]Note: Listen to the song as she's talking about her mother, not her boyfriend.
[/size]

Lily Care

The Lily Care means "peace", "peaceful".
Is really sad to remember those man who died at that afternoon. I choose this leaf 'cause peace is all i needed in that moment, and all i will always want in my life. It was like the hope inside the chaos.

Theme song: [xxx]

To the Soldier
The Civilian
The Martyr
The Victim
This is War

-This is War - Thirty Seconds to Mars (theme song)

WIP
Last edited by hnai on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:28 am, edited 36 times in total.
hnai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mako #9

Postby clu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:09 pm

littlekitteh wrote:What is with all of the reserving?!?!?!

Its a computation people try out for it and I choose a winner... people are allowed to reserve for putting a form in
clu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby briny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Username: Briny
    Make Name: Finn
    Art:
briny or Shadows | it/that/none | 24yo | neurodivergent
briny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolf's Spirit » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Username:
Wolf's spirit

Make Name:
Spectrum, since he's so colorful <3

Art:
Wip
Wolf's Spirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneWolf. » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Username:
Make Name:
reserved c:
ImageImage
Hey! I'm Lone~ Feel free to pm me for commissions, art trades, or if you just wanna talk c:
[amazing pixel art of lone and parasite by pixiepup ]
DA||Art Shop||Fursona||Characters
LoneWolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghost therapist » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Username:littlekitteh
Make Name:Shield
Art:No idea.
ghost therapist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakdenugg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Possibly a reserve if I'm not too lazy, but just wanted to say WOW! This one's a looker! <3 Love it, really caught my eye! Stunning design and color palette! c;
oakdenugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghost therapist » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:04 pm

ikr
ghost therapist