Re: Mystery Rune Egg

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:14 am

Owner Name:
Commander Shepard
Name:
Kolyat.

Should I win this Rune, I fully intend him to be a mate for Oriana one day... and, well, it wouldn't feel right otherwise xD

Other:

The space between spaces; the dark matter that hides all around us. That is where only I can go, only I can see, only I can touch. I can... bend it, in a sense; take the hidden matter there and turn it into whatever I desire. I can create-- not just like how an artist might create with paints and pencils, how a writer might create with words, how a sculptor creates with clay. I create; I take the very particles that bind the universe together and make them do what I want. Usually, anyway-- tonight, the matter resists; tries to bend me to its will rather than bow to mine.

I want it to form claws, it demands to become pebbles; I tell it to be cylindrical, it instead becomes oval. I shout at it, roar and bluster as much as I can: "I am your master, you do as I say or you shall never take form!" Perhaps I should have known it would never work, but I was angry! Angrier still when I heard from somewhere in the shape (solid and full-formed without my bidding) a laugh, another consciousness brushing mine. Saying I cannot control it, that it is meant to be; that I cannot change its form any more than I can change my mistress or flockmates, or any other living being.

With that, Oriana opened her eyes; immediately uttering a screech of shock upon seeing the egg-shape from her meditations sitting before her, solid and real as anything else in the world. Gabriella arrived a short time later, and while Oriana chose to flee the room, Gabby knelt down beside the egg and carefully lifted it into her hands. A Rune Dragon egg, something... in all her travels, in all her lives, she had never seen one, only ever heard of them! There were so many questions running through her mind: where had it come from, what would it hatch into, why did it seem to frighten Oriana so much?
"Well, you'll be welcomed into the family no matter what," Gabriella said with a slight laugh, running her fingers over the shell. It had been a while since she'd had something to be this curious about, and she could hardly wait to see what it would become.
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horneddragon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:18 am

" They said oh-oh-oh-oh I know the sun is set to rise.."
(original by bena <3)

Color, Colors in her eyes

Owner Name:
Horneddragon
The Bearer:
Name: Layla H. Steward

I will protect you always. little one.

Color Colors In her eyes

Name:
Chandra
A female name of Sanskrit origin, meaning, The moon/ Shining

I chose Chandra because unlike most other people, to me this rune inspires hope, hop that in a time when runes are hunted and hated by the general populace, that a young rune safely nestled within its egg, is born. It is the shining beacon in this dark time, like the moon at night. Instilling hope into hearts that have been lost in this dark time.

Oh oh oh oh oh-oh-oh

Color Colors, In her eyes

Why do you want this egg?

I guess its safe to say that like most people I'm applying partly because I am curious as to what, or i guess I should say who, this egg will be once fully grown. Though granted I like knowing what i'm getting into before I adopt something that has a limit, and I know even now there is that sour hint in my mind of, "what if I don't like the fully grown rune?" but its my curiosity that is keeping me going. Heck if you read over my form before I changed it around you'd have seen that I started this whole shebang with " Curiosity killed the cat" Its true, I know one day my curiosity will kill me |D . But it is also through my curiosity that I find inspiration and love for the things i do.

I don't want this egg or the sake of being the first to have one f these special runes, I don't want this egg to brag and flaunt it. I want this egg because I make special bonds with each character I have ever had, and I feel like one that I have watched grow into an adult I would have a special connection to. I love developing my characters, and I love watching them grow over time. This little one is no different, granted I know I have a lot of runes, and I know in some ways that will effect me when I am judged, but though I have a lot of runes each is unique in its own way, wither it be un-dead, a guardian of the night, a helper to light your way, or the monster that goes 'bump' in the night, I adore each of them, and cherish every one I have been able to get. This egg will be treated no differently, and will be cherished no less then my others. I would be honored to call it my own.

Color Colors, In her eyes

Other:

-------------------------------------------

It was just the two of us anymore, Ozikeil and I, the others we had set out with from the great cities had either left or been sucked into the chaos that now consumed our world. At first he and I had been as trusting of each other as a cutter and a rune, but as we were slowly abandoned, we both grew together.Yet as our own bond grew our ties to the outside world faded, were once we had stuck to roads and paths to travel we now walked through the brush, forcing our way through nature so as not to fall into the dark that was so close at our heels. Oh yes, we were being hunted, always and forever, we were condemned to this life. And even now, It pains me to say that I had lost all hope.There were too few of us left to amass any true resistance to those who wished to eradicate us, and on many occasions it was only Ozikeil dragging me away from the paths of Cutters that saved us.

I wanted to die I had lost my fire, and with it all want of living. I can't say I hold much stock in 'destiny' but fate itself is a funny thing. We were trudging along a particularly dank swamp when a Will o' the whips rune rose from the murky depths in our path. At first we brushed it off, I had no need to watch over another rune, and the creature was so small It would only serve to get in our way. But it was insistent, and for no other purpose than to get it to go away, did I begin to follow it.The irregular path was out of the way but no more treacherous than the one we had been on before, yet had the Will o' the wisp not have lead us to it, we never would have spotted it.The rune lead us on for many long hours, past countless trees till we were hopelessly lost within the swamp. It was only when I had begun to wonder If I would die here in this place that I noted a slight change in our surroundings.

A little more intent on what was ahead, I trudged forward, and came face to face with the biggest dragon carving, I had ever seen. The blue spectral dragon gave a forlorn chirp and dove into the beasts mouth. It was then that the most wondrous feat of magic I have witnessed erupted before my eyes, the stone dragon, came to life. With a mighty shudder the creature began to writhe and curl, adjusting the front portion into a curl. A small ovular orb was left exposed. It gave off a faint glow much like the will 'o the wisp. But had an aura all is own. I gave the now motionless stone dragon a wary look before diving forward and snatching the small orb out of its hollow. I drew back and hugged it close for a few seconds before it dawned on me, beneath my fingertips pulsated a small thumbing beat, the beat of life. A faint smile touched my lips as I found something to finally hope for.

--------------------------------------------

Oh oh oh oh oh-oh-oh
Last edited by Horneddragon on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
|| The House of Belant || || Fursona || || Characters || || Daeets || || C.R.A.A. || || Muse || || Writing || || Join me on Howrse?||
|-| My Universe Will Never be the same |-|

Quote of the day wrote:
Firi Okan; Currently available; #6; #4
Horneddragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:55 am

WIP, I still need to edit my story

Mystery Egg

Owner Name:
Sarill
Name:
Alya
Other:
I walked through the cool, damp forest, dusk almost upon me. The little light that was filtering through the branches of the trees was turning dark, and a brilliant sunset lit up the sky in a majesty of colors. I hurried home, trying to get to the safety of my shelter before complete dark fell. Deo, my rune dragon, flittered ahead of me, leading the way. I would get incredibly lost without my faithful rune, and I looked up at him only to see him disappearing into a thicket of trees.

“Deo! Where are you?” I called desperately. I heard his answering chirp from up ahead, and homed in on the sound. He was hovering close to the ground, his wings barely moving the still air. “What is that?” I asked, looking down at the violet object beneath Deo. It was round and glowed with a vibrant inner light. I knelt down, looking at the strange symbol on the amethyst-colored egg.

I picked it up, the unknown article warm in my cupped hands. It’s an egg, I realized in a burst of thought, a rune dragon egg. I clutched the egg to my chest and continued to follow Deo, making it back to my cottage just as night had well and truly fallen. I set the egg down on the table, watching as it rock gently from my gentle placement until it had come to a complete standstill. “What am I going to do with you?” I asked it. Deo chirped in response and climbed over to the egg, wrapping himself around it. I grinned at him and said, “Well, you know best. You are the rune dragon after all.”

Last edited by Sarill on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaelic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:59 am

Owner Name:
Lexi<3
Name:
Poem Weaver (Soliloquy)
Other:
While on a trip to Atlantic Beach this weekend, I stumbled upon a nest of Turtle Eggs. They were all so cute. Suddenly, I saw something colored in the pile, on top of all the other eggs. I leaned down to pick up the eggs, with a voice inside my head screaming not to do it. I picked up the egg and rolled it around in my hand, examining it. Suddenly, it shook in my hand. I wanted so ferverently to put it down, but some invisible force was making me stay put. Its like the egg wanted me. I stared at it as it started to crack. The egg opened, revealing a small bird-dragon like creature. The dragon looked up at me with its giant eyes, and gave me a small toothy smile. I laughed at her and took her back up to the beach house to dry her off.

This would be the best first rune to have. mystery is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. Its like seeing what you are going to draw before you know what you are going to draw. lol
| WME | 800 WME Challenge | DA | Tumblr |
Wolf Therian~Taurus~Taken

Gaelic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:FarmGirlAtHeart:. » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:38 am

Owner Name:
Erbro~Jemmy. Erbro and Jemmy are characters in books I've read. Erbro is the dragon from 'The Last Dragon', by Silvana De' Mari. Jemmy is short for Jeremiah. He is the giraffe in 'The White Giraffe', by Lauren St. John. Combine them together, add a squiggly and WOO-LA You got Erbro~Jemmy!
Name:
Leora, meaning compassion. I think that this name would fit her really well.
Other:
"I'll show her!" Manabay, the lynx growled to himself. Manabay's kitten had been caught by a rune dragon. Although it wasn't the same rune, Manabay had no way of knowing that. He picked up the last egg in the nest and crunched down, shattering the shell. There was now 2 eggs shattered on the ground. Job finished, he jumped back down out of the nest and ran, far away. Soon, Fiona arrived back at the nest. She saw her eggs shattered and started to sob. Through her sobs she noticed one thing, there was only 2 yolks on the ground. She had 3 eggs.

Fiona flew across the skys, her last egg held tight in her claws. Manabay had been stalking her nest, so she had to find a new one. She saw a large bird in the distance, and decided to ask it for help. She flew over to the bird. It was brown with some small black flecks on it. It had a 'red' tail. 'Do you know where I can make a nest?" Fiona asked kindly. Seeing the egg, the bird dove for her. Fiona fought the bird off, but not without dropping the egg first. She dove for the egg. A strange animal cought it before she could get to it though. The animal had a HUGE beak, a cat's tail, and bat wings. She followed the animal, determend to get her baby back. Fiona clawed at the animal when she got closer. The animal made a whistle sound. "Hey! Hold up! Im friendly!" The animal said, but because of the egg it was more "Ay! D U! I Endly!". The animal landed and gave Fiona her egg back. "Thanks." Fiona said brushing the egg off with her wing. "What are you? Whats your name?" Fiona asked. "Im a Cloudbreath Dragon, and my name is Scribbles!" the animal said. "Whats your name?" "My name is Fiona." Fiona said still unsure about it. But after all, the animal, Scribbles, did save her egg. "Want to live with me?" Scribbles offered. Fiona just could'nt get over the looks of the animal. She was surprised it could even fly, but she accepted anyway.

3 night later, as a shape ran across the plains, there was a gunshot. Fiona never got to see her egg again.

Possible WIP
Last edited by .:FarmGirlAtHeart:. on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Everyday, it's getting closer...

Going faster than a roller coaster...
.:FarmGirlAtHeart:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:41 am

Oh gosh, this egg is cute <3 ;____; -lurks to writing table-

Owner Name:
Silver Bullets

Name:
Hax
For some reason the name Hax fits the eggs visual appearance very well, not only is it somewhat on the random side, its the name idea I have had for a dragon for quite some time now and just happened to remember when I saw this guy.

Other:
The egg discovered in a Valley of dead Oaks

AkuAku and I had been out late last night, both of us were restless and couldn't sleep, so we both agreed that a nice walk around Eldamore would be a pleasant Idea. Apparently we strayed too far from our campsite, and got lost in a forest. Classic, right?
Though, oddly enough Aku and Myself didnt pay much mind to the fact we had strayed off trail in the middle of the night, personally I saw it as yet, another adventure through this wonderful place. "Well this is fun" I muttered to Aku Aku, who was weighing me down heavily from my shoulder.
"Akuaku" he replied, his white voids glaring around the dark misty forest we were hiking through. I rolled my eyes, it seemed that was the only thing he could say, he wasnt really supposed to be saying anything according to what I read from benathorns findings, I guess his limited speech abilities were a blessing. I kept walking, walking over tremendous fallen tree trunks, and crawling over rocks and doing a few sketch jumps across rivers. We finally came to a valley, where at the bottom, a small town lit up a tiny area the side. I ignored it, figuring it wouldn't be such a wise Idea to go anywhere near that town with AkuAku with me.
I could hear a rumble from my shoulder, and looked up to see Aku Aku glaring towards a more barren looking part of the valley. Curious, I decided to go see what the heck could put him in such a defensive stance.
I began to search for a safe way to get to the bottom, and sadly the only one was closer to the town than I ever wanted to be.
I crawled down the steep slopes carefully, keeping an eye out for any other people that would pose a threat to myself and Akuaku in doing so.

WiP
Last edited by Ovacalix on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 37down » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:45 am

Reaveя

Owner Name:
37down
Name:
Reaver
Other:
After my usual morning routine of running about my house looking for my boots (which Aite has taken a liking to steal), I decided to take Aite on a trip into our usually quiet town in hopes of exhausting some of her energy. However, to my surprize the town center was a maelstrom of activity that day. A tall lanky fellow with a top hat and rather impressive mustache popped out from around a cart set up along the side of the street. "Why hello young miss and hello young fox fire! Welcome to the Wonderous Traveling Bazaar," he said gesturing at all the carts set up along the street, "where we've got all sorts of facinating miscellania for you to peruse."

Aite's devious eyes darted about and suddenly lit upon a cart filled to the brim with gleaming and sparkling jewelry. Before I could even attempt to stop her she had darted off in its direction. I dashed after her crying out "Aite, no stealing: people don't usually like it when you steal from them." I reached the cart filled with the glittering baubles, but to my surprize Aite wasn't even there. I quickly turned around and spotted her trying to steal something from the stall of a big burly guy who looked like he meant serious business.

I raced over to reprimand Aite, who was still struggling to escape with her prize: a small object wrapped up in a hankerchief, when the man said: "It looks like your little friend thinks you should have this... Funny thing about that object: my manager," he nodded over at the tall top-hated man who had greeted us, "he won't let us just give away anything for free, but I don't feel right just sellin' this sorta thing to the highest bidder. This sorta thing needs to find the right owner, not the richest." He gave me a long appraising look before nodding and walking away from his stall, calling over his shoulder "But I guess if that there object was stolen, then there ain't nothin' I could do about that." When I got home I finally got a chance to look at Aite's 'stolen' prize: a smooth purple egg that glowed with an odd inner light and an orange skull mark that seemed to give me the same soul piercing stare as the stall owner.

Last edited by 37down on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
random wrote:Image
A message lizard
says:
Leviathan wrote:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

[img]OOPS[/img]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 am

Please be informed that the limit for your short story can not be over three paragraphs long. Each paragraph can have up to five to six sentences and must be short and sweet. I will pick the story I like most and be sure to have fun and be creative and if you go over the limit I can not count your form. If this goes well I will try to make the mystery egg a permanent thing for you guys. ^^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:02 am

Owner Name:

Verdana

Name:

Jivanta

Why I chose this name:
Jivanta means 'vibrant' in Hindi. It was the first word to come to mind when I saw these eggs. The bright, glowing colours seem to shine. I know without any doubt that, whatever comes out of this egg, will certainly live up to this name. Nothing which comes out of such a clutch, pulsating with life and vigour against a dark background, could be otherwise.

Female

Why is she a she:

She had to be female. I am no believer in adding gender to colours, but there is something feminine about this egg, and the skull-like rune upon it. This is a girl. I can feel it. The sheer personality and brightness of this egg has to be female.

Who she might be:

It is very hard to know a dragon's personality without ever having seen the dragon in question.
I haven't seen the rune which is coming out of this egg, but I know one thing already: It is going to have bucketloads of attitude.
With colouring like that, this little rune is not going to be one to stand in the background. She is going to have to be the centre of attention, all the time, at every hour.
Will she be vain? Quite possibly. She will certainly have oodles of self-confidence and a hefty dollop of pride in her nature. She might be a bit of a handful. However, this is not a malicious egg. Mysterious, perhaps, but not malevolent. This egg has a good heart and a conscience, and will not hesitate to keep her handler in check.
She certainly won't keep quiet if she doesn't agree with something.
This Rune will have a voice, and she will use it.
Very often.

Why this egg:

As you may know, I'm rather picky. I do not try out for just any Rune.
So, this in itself is an anomaly.
My interest was captured because I have absolutely no idea what is going to come out of this egg. It could be just about anything. That's exciting. It's also a risk. It could hatch, and I could hate the design.
But I'm pretty sure I won't.
Firstly, I love the colours. I like bright colours in general, and these two particularly caught my eye. I love the swirling, purply-pink, and the orange.
I also like the rune. It's ominous, but combined with the colours, creates an air of danger without undue malice. This is a multi-faceted, adaptable little Rune, I suspect. I like that.
Finally, I like the background. Bright against dark.
I can work with this. I want to work with this.

Other:

[size=85]An Unexpected Purchase

I have always liked bazaars, and this one is no exception. It is bright and lively, and reminds me of why I travel: If so many cultures can gather in this one, small place, how many are left outside it for me to discover? I walk amongst the stalls, deaf to the hawking around me. I have a rule about bazaars: I can look, but I never buy anything.

"Flowers!" The language is my own, the word butchered on the slab of a foreign tongue, but recognisable. Dutifully, I stop to look, and keep looking. The blooms are like nothing I have ever seen before. I wander further and further into the shop, peering into bunches under the stern glare of the stall-keeper (who warns me, in her broken tongue, that it is 'Poison! No touch!'), until I stop, fascinated. Nestled in a bunch of delicate, almost-fluorescent flowers is a strange orb, glowing faintly through the lacy petals around it.

"This, it is a seed, yes?" It takes me some time to get my meaning across, but eventually the woman shakes her head, mystified but trying to hide it.
"I can have it?" The answer is no; that it is very rare, and therefore very expensive (as I knew it would be, for nobody can push up a price like a stall-keeper can).
We haggle and haggle, but eventually I come away, looking dejected and muttering about being cheated, having broken my rule, but with a glowing orb nestled in my coat pocket.
It knocks against me, it seems to tremble and throb with life, and somehow I know that I have gotten the better deal in this exchange.
Last edited by Verdana on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momoply45 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:02 am

Owner Name:
momoply45
Name:
Still thinking.
Other:
WIP

Dropping out I can seem to find any time for this one. Maybe next time ^^
Last edited by momoply45 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Momoply45
Rune Dragons
▐ Theme song▐
Wake Me Up When September Ends.
▐ Mood:▐
It's a secret. ^^
▐ Getting art from me - One slot▐
You can PM me and give me link to what you want me to draw and I'll get back to you. But be aware that if it is really detailed don't expect me to get it right.
▐ Livestream▐
Online/Offline
momoply45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me