Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (Round 4)

Postby clouds-move-on » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Closed to edits! c:
I should have the results up soon, but on another post!

And no worries, anyone up to this point counts as I forgot to close and did allow forms to be counted in old rounds that where slightly late. cx So it's all good!
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:46 am

And now I have the winners!'Firstly,thanking EVERYBODY who entered all, or just made it through a few, of the rounds! Lost of cool gifs, dress ups, and stories and art where submitted! I like how everybody had a different but interesting interpretation of this fellow!

I'll be awarding honorable mentions (to all who finished this last round, but did not make first or second) and 2 runner ups, and, of course, a winner! I have the runner up already planned (though the winner of the rus can pick a SPACE BASED tail shine (stars, ufo, ringed planet, etc) design for it).

Firstly, honorable mentions! Read about them here!
In no particular order, might I mention. I'll include a short comment on what I liked about your writings/the drawings/writing from round 3 as well. c:

♠Trollish♠
(I LOVED the design his his blanket you made earlier!
I also liked that he stayed with a "space" theme without being too outlandish a character)

furbywiki
(The ending was funny of your story. cx I hate it when you feel tired
but just can't sleep, plus the drawing you did for the dream in round 3, so surreal!)

ege
(The character seemed consistent from beginning to end
! I also loved the black and white style of the sketches. c: )

SticksAndStones
(The art on all yours forms was so so adorable. c:
Also the writing seemed pretty mysterious! Defiantly interesting.)

ChristainAnimalLover
(I liked his fixation with the sculptures!
Also space pirates! That's awesome.)

Snow!
(I always thought a story about humans invading another
alien planet was interesting. Love the art and writing on both the forms!)

CSMintCat
(A unique interpretation of "Far Away" as compared to the
other forms! Loved the writing, and the art from round 3 was so tiny and cute.)

The runner ups will be going to SpartanAmethyst and TILL ALL ARE ONE.

SpartanAmethyst: Love the way it was written, and the little art piece came out so cute! Also the drawing on his nightmare in round 3 was so amazing! Love the highlighting and shading, very impressive.

TILL ALL ARE ONE: Ooohh, mysterious... Love your writing style and the sketch from earlier!

Please post the space themed tail shine you want! Nothing too overwhelmingly outlandish please. ;w;

Finally, the winner of this kalon is Rat!
The artwork you had on round three was so so adorable and I loved it!
Your story was also well written ad uniquely told! You put a "magical" spin to it with the memory sequences, without making the character too far fetched. I wish him luck on becoming an astronaut and meeting friendly aliens!

Rat wrote:FOURTH ROUND
Username: Rat
Name: Dorrin
Story: words are illusion and space
I think I went quite a bit over the word limit, sorry!!

Far, far away, in a place forgotten by both time and space (but never by the heart), lay the dreams of a young boy. A faint coating of dust mutes the once bright colours abundant in the child's four-walled kingdom, but the memories made there remain crisp. A sign on the door proclaims it 'Dorrin's Room', a clumsy UFO dotting the 'i' as if added on later by a small child. The northern wall is devoted entirely to large windows, with a 'Budding Astronomer' telescope precariously propped up on the windowsill. Slight indentations on each size show where the boy gripped onto the sides in his excitement to plot a new star or constellation, and scratches show the multiple tantrums he's thrown when it's been taken away. A billboard above his bed (the inspiration for which, he is not afraid to admit, was taken from Flat Stanley - always good to have a backup plan for an exciting life!) displays every UFO sighting he could get his paws on, as well as some more cryptic notes possibly from his mother such as 'orange juice?' and 'where is your laundry!'. Taking pride of place in the centre of the board shines a holographic UFO sticker, tacked there with sticky tape as its adhesive has long since run out from being a feature of every outfit he wore for almost a month. The rest of the room is filled with the typical clutter and knicknacks that any person can collect, from books to stationary to grubby washing. Yet despite the bric-a-brac and character strewn throughout the room, it felt empty. The most important feature was missing - there was no child.

Indeed, Dorrin was no longer the tiny kit who used to live here - in fact, 'here' didn't exist any more - not in the conventional way, at least. The house was sold and the room renovated into a study for the new tennants. The mind, however, is a strange and wonderful place, where anything is possible - and this room certainly has a special place in Dorrin's heart. Why, then, is everything so dusty? And why, when you rattle the doorknob, is the door locked shut? Dorrin is the master of this illusion - nothing happens without his consent. And so it is into Dorrin's life we must dive if we ever want answers (or, more pressingly, a way out). Every object here is a memory - which will you choose to unlock?

1) The slightly lopsided, cardboard rocketwith the clear marksmanship of an enthusiastic but not particularly skilful child
2) The physics excercise book, open to a page on gravity adorned with a gold star and 'Great work, Dorrin!' in teacher's handwriting.
3) Tbe party invitation, creased and with scratch marks on it as if picked up and tossed aside in anger.
--
Having viewed these three illusions, you feel as if you understand Dorrin's situation. The dusty room is what is left of his childhood memories, of his hope and wonder and curiosity - he is afraid to feel such things again, to embrace his passion only for it to be shot down again and again. Yet you can't imagine how such a kind soul could function without these things. What is there to life without something to be excited for, without the joy and faith from you youth? How could you live such a life? These philosophies are why you can't quite be sorry for what happens next. Your reminiscing makes you distracted, and distraction makes you clumsy - you trip over a stray book and send dust and objects flying. It seems your flailing limbs are brushing every object in the room, and memories flash by your eyes faster than you can even begin to process them. Such a commotion can't be ignored, even through the strongest of locks.
"No!" you hear a voice shout. "Please! I'm afraid!"

It's too late. The door bursts open, and out hurtles all the pain of these memories, yes, but also all the goodness - all the joys of being a child with something they love. All the hours of dedication, the determination and the self-belief.
You tumble out of the door, swept away by the sheer force of emotion, and escape back into the real world. You leave their mind with a final thought, and you're unsure if it was your own or his - 'And suddenly, that place that was so far, far away was closer than ever before'. And you smile, because already you can see Dorrin bustling off to find a telescope and plot the latest star positions. Sometimes, it's okay to stay the same - even if it hurts, you can never fix what isn't broken - only change it, and not always for the better.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 am

Eee thank you so much LR! <3 I was super rushed to get in my final entry yesterday, so I'm more than happy to receive a runner up <3 Congrats to Rat on winning this handsome boy, and to my fellow RU recipient TAAO as well! 8D

Could you make the custom shine the Big Dipper, possibly?
because you know, I'm totally not taking this a completely different direction and nicknaming him Dipper, nope
Gravity Falls ftw
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:02 am

Congrats you three, and everyone who got an hm!

And thanks so much for the hm, this competition was fun and I'm glad you enjoyed my forms nvn <3

ege • any pronouns • semi-active
      toyhouse: ege • discord: egeshells

art shop

signature art by maqqots
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:11 am

ah thank you so much!!! aaaa i cant believe i actually won him thank you so much <33 congrats to everyone on the HMs and RUs!!
please could i be added?
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G1 Sunstreaker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12 am

SpartanAmethyst wrote:
Congrats to Rat on winning this handsome boy, and to my fellow RU recipient TAAO as well! 8D[/size]

I haven't been called TAAO in ages omg :o that's awesome xD Congrats to you too haha!

Congrats to Rat, this boy is really awesome!

Thank you so so much for the RU hhh!!! ♥♥♥ Could I perhaps have a comet themed shine, or maybe asteroid field/belt? c: Thanks so much
Ask my Viscets/Kalons! | My Viscets ♥ | My Kalons ♥ | Friend of Fried-Disaster, we share an IP cause we're roommates. Please don't ban us!
You can't beat the best.

Check viscets out here!
G1 Sunstreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:15 am

Eyyy, congrats to the winners!
And thank you for the HM haha; this comp was p fun and I wrote a story for the first time in ages lmao.

Heeere is the art I did, if you want it; http://sta.sh/2lo9icfa8rq /// http://mintcatcream.deviantart.com/art/ ... -623351884
Status wrote:Not v active these days.
Not really replying to trades/messages; send at own risk.
Please remind me if you've messaged me + it's important.
Looking for a Feb. 9th swap!
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #379 // Little Green Spaceman? (RESULTS ON PAGE 18

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 am

Also Rat, you're welcome to keep both of my art pieces, since I'm changing up my RU's character c:
Please save them to your computer, as I need to remove them from my Stash!
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jaskiest » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 am

SpartanAmethyst wrote:
Also Rat, you're welcome to keep both of my art pieces, since I'm changing up my RU's character c:
Please save them to your computer, as I need to remove them from my Stash!

CSMintCat wrote:Eyyy, congrats to the winners!
And thank you for the HM haha; this comp was p fun and I wrote a story for the first time in ages lmao.

Heeere is the art I did, if you want it; http://sta.sh/2lo9icfa8rq /// http://mintcatcream.deviantart.com/art/ ... -623351884

Saved, thank you both so much <33

Edit - don't want to spam the thread so I'll try do all the art responses here <3
furbywiki wrote:congrats to the winners and thank you for the HM !!!
this was honestly was a super fun contest and i had a lot of fun doing it !!!
Oh and Rat !! if you'd like my art, feel free to keep it !!!

Thank you so much!! Saved the art <3

ege wrote:
    Ah I forgot to mention, you're welcome to keep my art as well, Rat :'D

So much gorgeous art woah!! Saved, thanks so much <33
Last edited by Jaskiest on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jaskiest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby furby. » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:32 am

congrats to the winners and thank you for the HM !!!
this was honestly was a super fun contest and i had a lot of fun doing it !!!
Oh and Rat !! if you'd like my art, feel free to keep it !!!
finishing loose ends, then leaving
if u want any of my pets go wild
furby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me