Re: Stars #3300 - open!

Postby riverotter » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:48 pm

mark! gonna do something with like. them being a sea monster in a former life

i lied. actually they aren't a sea monster in a former life. they ARE a sea monster. like right now. like as you're reading this post. they are a sea monster. undercover.
Last edited by riverotter on Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
riverotter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSnake » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:09 am

Username: BananaSnake
Cat Name: Littlelake
Clan: Tribe of the Elementals
Prompt: Mark mark mark they’re gonna be a kitten (probably a housecat) that fell into the sea and became one with it
Undertale quote incoming!
"take care of yourself, kid,
'cause someone really cares about you."
Sans, am I right?
BananaSnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelabradorr » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:54 am

mark, going to be doing a legend concept revolving around the cat’s ability to communicate with fish and save those who have fallen victim to the river who star clan has deemed worthy of surviving!
Last edited by thelabradorr on Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelabradorr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MouseyLavi » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:27 am

Username: Mouseylavi
Cat Name: Fish that Swims up Stream
Clan: Abovw the Ruins
Prompt:

𝓒𝓗𝓘𝓛𝓚𝓐𝓣 𝓡𝓘𝓥𝓔𝓡

𝓛egend has it that a spirit has blessed this river. Story be told that the blessed river is
protected from a feline like creature that has aquatic adaptations that mimics fish. This feline like
creature protects this river throughout the seasons. From spring to winter this feline creature protects
and defends these rushing waters and attacks anything that disrupts this rushing waters cycle of life.
The creatures most important task throughout the seasons is to watch over the exquisite salmon that
have made this river their home for the seasons time being.

Every spring all the way through to the fall these salmon rush, jump, and swim up the river to migrate.
Prey lurks from the shadows throughout that season wanting to get their paws and talons on this delicious
prey. The spirit takes care of maintaining the cycle of life and death and allowing the salmon to live and
to be taken. The spirit allows the cycle to give and to take while remaining in balance of things. This feline
like spirit takes pride in its routines and keeping balance to creatures who benefit the river.
Last edited by MouseyLavi on Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalons •Devientart • Trade • Credit
MouseyLavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:00 pm

Decided to leave this one. :3 good luck everyone Whoever wins them deserves it. All your entries are :chefs_kisses:
Last edited by 0Zero0 on Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:22 am

mark 1000

..loki . they / them . link . ©
sleepy tired dinosaur

lions of avestia
kingswood acres
greyfall's maw - riy'lok
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:42 am

Username: CloudedDiamond
Cat Name: Sea Dapple
Clan: SparrowClan
Prompt:

The Untold Tale

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Username: Adamented
Cat Name: Luonne
Clan: [x] Gladewood
Prompt:
    The Gladewood is a massive wetland forest, where the rivers, creeks, and brooks flow like veins to the heart of the land, a freshwater estuary at the edge of a massive lake called the Raivoava Joki. Legends say that two great mythical feline beings once dwelled in the Gladewood before the flood, they were a perfect balance of chaos and order. The union of passion and compassion was unfortunately broken by a great tragedy, a fire swept the wood and in its mindless sense to devour it consumed one of the ancient lovers leaving behind only the sorrow stricken widow of it's mate.

Raivoa remained alone in the charred remains that was once their glorious and lush home, they looked on the destruction and wept at first slow, hollow tears for their other half torn from them in such a horrific way. They begged and pleaded to nothing and no one, to the night sky itself that brought with it a gentle misting rain. Their unique relationship with the life force of the world- the water that flows through all living things- saved them from the same fate, desperately they wished they could have saved their companion too. Only when the initial shock passed did Raivoa realize the full extent of their loss, the flames had licked up the trunks of the great old trees and tall grasses that sheltered even their massive form, reduced every lush corner of the once colossal woodland to mere charcoal and ash. In the remains of it as feeling seeped back into their heart, the river avatar Raivoa is said to have sobbed uncontrollably for moons, pouring water into the land again until they had shrunk to the mere form of a mortal feline. They lay on a small wetland island in the middle of the new lake, formed by their tears of anguish, loneliness, and grief, weak and with nothing left to give the world save for a single tear that they carried with them onward.

Raivoa gave away the last tear, filled with the mystical power they had shared with the other avatar of the woodland. With that tear, a single sprout was able to push from the ground- what would become the first of many grand trees to grow into the towering old growth of the Gladewood Grove. Little for them to know, as Raivoa fell into a sleep that would last centuries to come, a few small sparks of their mate's life are told to have emerged from the rivers of their tears.

Luonne emerged long after their siblings, their shard of light sent swirling and swimming down the raging rivers, running creeks, and babbling brooks to a small pond of lilypads and reeds. There, it sat in the waters until the trees around the pond began to grow. The last of the Gladewood to recover, only once the shade of great trees hung high above did the light begin to shiver, change, and grow. Alone in the world, Luonne stepped from the pond, shaking the drops from their fur and regarding with bright eyes the wonders of the peaceful world their mysterious parents left behind.

[526 words]
Last edited by Adamented on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:50 pm

Username: aftonbuilt 186503
Cat Name: Lady of the Lake (Lady)
Clan: Void Termina
Prompt:
1,706 words wrote:Not all tales told are as truthful as they’re made out to be. This was clear, especially when Void Termina received a call. A message.
“What is it?” Alexandria said as the line connected. Through magic, the other end sprung to life.
“Do you have free time right now?” The voice of Teo said on the other end. “Because we’re having… uhm.. A problem, and nobody here can exactly stop it.”
Alexandria’s brow furrowed as Teo spoke. “A problem?”
“It appears that the Library has gotten flooded, somehow, and the Arbiter isn’t exactly happy about the possibilities of the books being ruined, and Pageturner is collecting books for one reason or another… Can you please come by to see if you can fix it? Or someone over there?”
The albino cat sputtered as she could hear Teo yelling something over the line. ‘Don’t jump into the water, don’t--’ She wasn’t paid enough for this. Or at all, really. Begrudgingly she sighed.
“Fine, I can see what’s going on over there. It’s urgent, right?”
“Obviously--” Teo was interrupted as cats ran around him. “Hurry. Please.”
“Okay, got it.”
The line was unceremoniously cut as Teo hung up, and Alexandria got to her feet with a breath. “Dianthe, are you around?”
“Duh.” The pixie appeared as Alexandria called for her. “What’s up?”
“We gotta go do something.”
“You got it!” Dianthe chirruped. “Let’s get a move on!”

Alexandria was no stranger to the anomalies over where the Library stood. Being in close proximity to it gave her and her staff insights into its operations, and the many things surrounding it. It also gave Alexandria a closer eye into the anomalies sitting outside of it.

The Lady of the Lake, a mysterious and ethereal Storkatten said to be amongst the rule of the Paragons. Though scantly seen, she’s said to be a dual wielder of both water & lunar magics; a being known to wield the tides and waves on a whim of her wishes. Bad travels are said to be blamed on her when the waters are rough, though others say she’s much more of a trickster, using these magics to play tricks on passers by.
It’s claimed by those who have been said to witness her that she does not tend to stay in one place; her home is always within a body of water, however. That body of water does not need to be a natural one.
Areas prone to flooding, or structures carved by the paws of Earth Storkatten, may also be a residence for the Lady of the Lake, however brief her stay may be.
These changes in locations and residence for the Lady have caused Rune & Arcane mages to debate possibly calling her something else, as she doesn’t tend to stay in lakes for very long, feeling her title may be misleading to those hoping to find her at a lake.

She forgot how loooooong and boring the trek to the Library was on foot. Dianthe was lucky, she supposed, as the pixie was both small enough to carry with ease as well as being able to fly, and she silently wished that she could fly too. Maybe then she could make the trip much easier.
“Y’know, we could’ve probably hired a cart, or something.” Dianthe said as they made it to the central town the Library stood in the center of. Alexandria sputtered as the pixie took a moment to rest on the top of her head. “‘Cause all this walking is very, very boring, even if I’m not doing most of it.”
“Shut up, Dianthe.” Alexandria replied shortly as they walked along the brick pathways in the town square. Strange cats shot them peculiar looks as they made their way toward the Library, and Alexandria felt like her paws were about to fall off as they made it to the large entryway doors. She figured she had no need to knock and pushed her way inside.
“Hey, Teo? You here?” She called out, looking around the entry room. After a minute she heard shuffling, and the black braided tabby came bundling from a doorway.
“Great! J-Just in time. Please hurry.” He said. Alexandria looked to him curiously before she nodded, and he began to lead her through the doors he’d come from. The halls were dimly lit as they descended down a set of stairs, and as they grew closer to the area that was flooded, Alexandria could feel a sort of dampness in the air. It felt odd to her - not natural.
“S-So we had to think quickly about keeping water contained, so the doors are.. Modified…” Teo trailed off as they made it to the end of the hall. The doors at the end seemed to be split into four panels, and the black tabby moved to open the top set of them. He jumped through, and she followed a moment later, recoiling a little as she hit water.
“Augh--”
“S-So, whatever it is that decided to flood my Library is in here. It wants to keep hiding from me, so I figured you would be able to deal with it.” Teo replied. “Please get whatever it is out of my Library.”
Without waiting for her response, Teo jumped back through the hastily-vivisected doors. Alexandria grumbled as she trudged forward in the belly-deep water, looking for any sort of oddity in the water.
The oddity, however, found her first as she slipped and ended up much deeper. She scrambled back up, finding a shelf to hunker down on, and she heard the cackling of someone else as she got her bearings.
“You should’ve seen your face!” Someone said as she perched. “You looked like you thought you were gonna die!”
The albino cat scanned the water to see who it was that was talking. As she did so, a figure quite similar to a fish poked their head up from the water. How did she not see the cat there?
“I-It’s not my fault that the floor gave out!” She spat back. “Who are you?”
“I’ve got plenty of names!” the fish-like cat replied. “Everyone around here seems to call me Lady, though.”
The albino cat scanned her over for a moment. “Are you the Lady of the Lake? Aren’t you a Paragon, or something?”
“Who said I was a Paragon?” Lady said as she looked up at Alexandria. “These cats are very silly. I’m not one of their magic kind! If they asked me I would have told them as much!”
She sprung herself out from the water, landing neatly on the shelf near Alexandria. Despite emerging from the water, it was like she’d never been in it in the first place. The albino cat sat herself up to look back over to the calico.
“S-So you’re..”
“I have magic, sure, but I’m not one of them fancy-schmancy guys. I’ve no clue who the Paragons even are! Everyone just assumes. Don’t they know it’s rude to not ask a Lady something before just assuming?”
Alexandria watched her as she spoke for a moment, parsing what it was that she was being told. “W-Well, they probably assumed ‘cause that’s what everyone over here seems to be..”
“Well, I certainly don’t appreciate it!” Lady replied. “That fluffy tabby guy said something to me and it certainly set me off.”
“...Is that really why you flooded the Library…?” Alexandria seemed surprised by this.
“I had no part in the start of the flooding, I’ll have you know.” Lady replied. “A pipe burst down here. I just decided to have a bit of fun and hang out in here.”
“...If I got Teo to apologize to you, or whatever, would you un-flood the Library and leave them alone?” Alexandria asked after a moment. Lady seemed to mull over the question for a moment or so, tips of her tail flicking as she thought it over.
“I gueeeeess.” Lady replied. “It better be a good apology!”
“I’ll go get him. If you can lower the water level a little so I don’t drown..” Alexandria said. Lady nodded, waving her paw to make the water shallow enough to walk through. “And make sure you stay visible. Don’t do any funny stuff.”
Lady gave a pout.

After discussions with Teo, and plenty of apologies, a deal was reached; Lady would leave the Library alone & unflooded. Alexandria would take her back to Void Termina, where she could get up to more reasonably safe mischief without ruining others’ property.
It was certainly a bit saddening to see the end of a local legend, though.

Lady seemed to fit in nicely on her end of their arrangement, though.
The Lady of the Lake is a curious figure. Thought to have been a powerful Storkatten, she seems to be a regular cat - or as regular a cat as one can be, with somewhat strong water magic. As she told me, she had no clue who the Paragons even are.
Assertions about her mischievous nature were closer to the truth than any others that I had seen; in my encounter with her, she told me that she made the Library’s flooding worse to get back at Teo after he’d made a comment about her. She has a tendency to pull pranks on unsuspecting passerby, and seems to be able to make herself invisible in the water to witness her mischief. Her abilities beyond what has been recorded have yet to be studied. Perhaps I can fill you in on this later.
It’s a shame she’s moved on to another area after who knows how long of residing by the Library; I will certainly do my best to keep the Arcanists filled in on any information they should be privy to. I certainly wouldn’t like the legend of the Lady of the Lake to die out.
I shall write back if you need any further information.

She gingerly tucked the letter into an envelope, addressed to an Arcane magician. Tied neatly to that envelope would be a simpler letter, addressed to Teo;
I would make sure you replace the pipe system in your Library when you get the chance. Wouldn’t want another Lady incident, would you? ;)
Last edited by mal du pays on Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BloomyCat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:57 pm

Username: BloomyCat
Cat Name: Goldenpool
Clan: Blossomclan
Prompt:

Legend says, A ancient koi fish swam a lake, bringing peace to the land.
The fish was said to be immortal, a fish that will forever live, It also said that on the 5th moon of the year, this ancient fish will take the form of a calico and roam the land it once brought peace to.

Some say they even made a whole river!
In the 5th moon of the year, A blue tabby she-cat found a calico she-cat meditating next to a river, and this was, The Ancient Koi Fish, Goldenpool.

BloomyCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me